KAIZA's Art Learnding Attempts!

Le sigh, when was the last time I've ever updated? ^^;
Admittedly, last semester quickly turned sour and I had to stop pretty much everything. And thus, I haven't made much in the way of artwork...that is, except for the Inktober challenge. I learned of it late, but I made my best to catch up, and I finally finished it today! What an accomplishment! ^^;;

In any case, I've compiled all the sketches into a single collage for ease of view. Enjoy their varying levels of quality and amateurish inking:

So! This semester, I joined my college’s illustration club. As such, nowadays I tend to sketch and practice stuff a bit more often. Few of it is noteworthy, though. ^^;
Still, I thought these were good enough to show. Just practicing traditional coloring, inking and a somewhat different artstyle. Though, the digital sketch is probably going to be a WIP, since I do hope to use it to practice digital painting. Who knows. ^^;

P.S.: I know I've kinda disappeared...life has been a bit hectic for me lately. ^^;;
Edit: Kinda forgot to add one last sketch. Fixed now! ^^;

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So! This semester, I joined my college’s illustration club. As such, nowadays I tend to sketch and practice stuff a bit more often. Few of it is noteworthy, though. ^^;
Still, I thought these were good enough to show. Just practicing traditional coloring, inking and a somewhat different artstyle. Though, the digital sketch is probably going to be a WIP, since I do hope to use it to practice digital painting. Who knows. ^^;

P.S.: I know I've kinda disappeared...life has been a bit hectic for me lately. ^^;;
Edit: Kinda forgot to add one last sketch. Fixed now! ^^;
Goddamn man, I have to admit I am quite jealous of your knack for posing. The amount by which you've improved over the course of your drawing challenge is massively apparent. Good luck with the irl stuff man, and hopefully you can still find the time to draw every now and then. Seriously awesome stuff.

Well, it's been a while since I've done an update. ^^;
Admittedly, while I've done the occasional sketch and such, I haven't finished any major art projects. It doesn't help I've found myself in a bit of a block lately. Although I do have something related to a mobile game I've been playing in the works, I thought I might as well post some of these practice sketches I did a few weeks ago.

They are all based on photos I found around online, and with the exception of the last one and sorta the third one, I tried replicating the pose and clothes as much as possible. Yes, eye-referencing, I know; I take no credit for these other than practice.

First picture is directly based on the photo, but for the others, I tried using a random character for each, while still adapting the pose and clothing. The third one I obviously changed the outfit to the character's, while the last one is more original, since I only based the outfit on the picture, but the pose is new.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hellooooooooooooooo nurse

Out of the above pics, this one seems to have handled the shading the best. I could argue that the area directly below her right arm could be left without highlights, but overall a really nice drawing.

Hellooooooooooooooo nurse

Out of the above pics, this one seems to have handled the shading the best. I could argue that the area directly below her right arm could be left without highlights, but overall a really nice drawing.
Haha, thanks. ^^
Indeed, I do think that one is one of the better ones in the set. These were mostly done quickly in my attempt to improve my times (sub-2 hours, still getting there!), so I definitely missed some things here and there. But, as they say, practice makes perfect.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)