King Of Offense (1469 points and #15) Edits are in RED Text.

HI AND HELLO SMOGON RMT!!!
First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to read this RMT thread of mine. Now allow me to introduce myself, I go by the username SiZZirP on here and on Youtube. I got my start in the competitive scene through the WiFi Battle thread on Smogon, and I transitioned to accepting other battles via my Youtube Channel. I started off as " An Origifag " but thanks to PO I've gained a new respect and liking to the Standard Metagame. I WAS recently peaked at #35 before I started testing the hyper offense playstyle, so without further ado lets get into the team.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

I wasn't joking about the HYPER OFFENSE part...haha well lets get into the sets.

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Taunt

Obvious lead is obvious...NOW there's a twist...I put bold nature just to extend the longevity of this Deo set. The focus sash is there for CRIT puposes. Standard SR and Spike lead with Magic coat for other Deo/Sableye leads that try to be sneaky with taunt. I know spinners can be a threat so I bounce from leading out with Deo or Rotom...SITUATION DICTATES. Like I said situation dictates, and this team handles spinners well. It up to the opponent to waste a viable turn to spin away hazards as you set up with your sweepers. I chose a bulkier spread because he outspeeds MOST LEADs, barring scarfers.

Stealth Rock &Spikes-
To assist my heavy hitters in doing their job.
Magic Coat- To counter Sableye/Deo/Status Inducing Leads that try to take advantage od "Standard" Deo Hazrd leads.
Taunt- I put taunt here just to Counter pokes that figure this set out and to stop them from setting up if need be.

Scizor (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 176 Atk / 118 SDef / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

Semi bulky SD Scizor helped me comeback from close games, and he acts as a GREAT Heatran lure for my Luke/Rotom. I gave him A Lum Berry just to bait Bulky rotoms to Will-o-Wisp me and I can exchange blows with a bug bite and follow up with BP if Im boosted.
208 HP /176 Atk / 118 SDef / 8 Spd
208 HP- For added bulk as I switch him into a resisted attack.
176 Atk- Just to maintain most of his power w/out stat boosts.
118 SDef- To take SPA decently.
8 Spd- To outspeed standard CB Scizors.

Rotom-W @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pain Split

Now Ive teetered with HP Ice to revenge +1 Dnites but HP Grass checks Quag and Gastro. Rotom is also a viable lead poke just in case the opponent wants to lead out with their spinner expecting Deo. I chose Modest nature over Timid because I didn't want to rob the team of another hard hitting poke. Like I said Scizors partner in crime with the Volt-turning possibilities to their checks and counters.

HP Grass- I chose this over Ice because I have Latios to deal with other dragons or flying threats and it hits quag/gastro hard, furthering me to taje them out with the assistance of hazards.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

One more reason to fear hyper Offense...If you set up+2/+4 with SD Lucario OHKO'S mostly everything that wants to switch into him. He checks Scizors threats and and HAS THE POTENTIAL to sweep teams if they make ONE FALSE move. I usually send in Luke at the end or mid game just to mess with my opponents head. Like I said his sweeping potential is HIGH if you play this team right. Just set up and prepare you dust pan...the win is in your grasp.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Gengar in my opinion is the best Dnite revenge killer at +1 and +2. I found him useful as ans offensive spinblocker especially against Starmie. My opponent thinks Im slower then BAM SHADOW BALL to the face. There's a lot of ways that this set can help but just as many to have you lose the game.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed/Earthquake

Nothing can stop DNITE after you remove all the walls from your opponents team. Entry hazards is a must to assist Dnite out. I have E-Speed just to hit pokes that still out speed him after +1. There's nothing else to say about him.

Earthquake-Heatran in general wall my E-Speed set.

STRATEGY
Early Game
If your opponent has no spinner, Lead out with Deo and set up till it dies and proceed to wreak havoc.

If there is a spinner try to bait it out by setting up and dump your choice item on it with Rotom.
Mid-Game
Keep applying Pressure...If hazrds are up and walls are still in your way...Volt Turn till they make a mistake and set up.

If hazards are spun away...ATTEMPT to set up and put pressure back on his side of the field.
End-Game
If things end up in your way (via Hazards) there's nothing left for him/her to do as they watch you set up and kill with priority.

JUST APPLY PRESSURE...FORCE THEM TO MAKE THE MISTAKE if things dont go your way.

THEM THREATS!!!
I'm letting it be known now...that any set up sweepers, fast attackers, or strong priority hitters are always a threat if they break through.​

THE WEATHER NETWORK!!!
....Rain Stall CAN be a big threat...NOw I say CAN because I faced NUMEROUS MDragon RS Teams and I came away with narrow 2/1-0 victory. You just need to recognize those weather teams threats and find ways to play around with them. Sun teams with their OP Fire attacks...and their need for a Spinner....so you have to work around 2 things, their spinner and their fast pokes..

Kanye...Sableye..
If you don't deal with EARLY on in the match...he can potentially mess up your potential to sweep...thats why I have Magic coat deo...so you have to catch him off guard if you face him. He can W.o.W/Taunt/Trick and potentially ruin my set up sweepers day if he is still around.

Dancer's..
Volcarona and Dnite can be hindered with SR but if you allow them to set up....it;s GG.

That's all the threats that I've faced and had issues with...

That's All Folks...
Seeing that this team is frail...It's main purpose is to Keep the Pressure on your opponent, and forcing him to make mistakes as you capitalize on his mistakes...It takes an in-depth knowledge about the metagame to make this team work. One key tip if you can't switch...ATTACK...Keep your hazards up and just keep pounding on your opponent and force them to TAP...

I'm open to anything you guys have for this team, Im just another battler that wants to improve in the game so give me your BEST RATES. THANK YOU GUYS!!!

If you want to to see this team in action or check it out on my personal channel...here you go: http://www.youtube.com/user/SiZZirP

THANKS AGAIN!

Right now, Specs Latios absolutely massacres this team. Your only Draco Meteor resist, Scizor, gets 2HKO'd even after the SpA drop; once Sciz is dead, Latios can switch out and come back later to nab a KO on whatever switches in. Try changing Scizor's EV spread to 208 HP / 176 Atk / 124 SpD. This'll allow you to take two successive Draco Meteors and Pursuit for the kill. It also makes facing Gengar alot easier since it softens the blow from Focus Blast. Dropping a few attack EVs isn't that big a deal because of Sciz's naturally high attack and the entry hazard support.

You're going to have a ton of trouble with stall. Lucario and Dragonite can't overwhelm their walls because Quagsire doesn't care how many boosts they have, and you can't rack up multiple hazard damage because Deoxys is a sitting duck for Forretress / Tentacruel to come in and spin. Latios seems like the most replaceable member; you're using him to break down special walls, but you really don't need to since you have three physical sweepers and a TrickScarfer. Consider dropping Latios for Gengar. He's still a strong special sweeper but he brings spin blocking capabilities - against Forry, you completely wall it and set up a sub; against Tenta, block the spin and pivot to Rotom. Substitute | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Pain Split @ Life Orb is an ideal set.

Right now, Specs Latios absolutely massacres this team. Your only Draco Meteor resist, Scizor, gets 2HKO'd even after the SpA drop; once Sciz is dead, Latios can switch out and come back later to nab a KO on whatever switches in. Try changing Scizor's EV spread to 208 HP / 176 Atk / 124 SpD. This'll allow you to take two successive Draco Meteors and Pursuit for the kill. It also makes facing Gengar alot easier since it softens the blow from Focus Blast. Dropping a few attack EVs isn't that big a deal because of Sciz's naturally high attack and the entry hazard support.

You're going to have a ton of trouble with stall. Lucario and Dragonite can't overwhelm their walls because Quagsire doesn't care how many boosts they have, and you can't rack up multiple hazard damage because Deoxys is a sitting duck for Forretress / Tentacruel to come in and spin. Latios seems like the most replaceable member; you're using him to break down special walls, but you really don't need to since you have three physical sweepers and a TrickScarfer. Consider dropping Latios for Gengar. He's still a strong special sweeper but he brings spin blocking capabilities - against Forry, you completely wall it and set up a sub; against Tenta, block the spin and pivot to Rotom. Substitute | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Pain Split @ Life Orb is an ideal set.
Thanks BKC! I often had troubles when spinners spun away my hazards, and Gengar is a GREAT offensive spin blocker at that! I'll definitely give G-Gar a solid shot.

Also, the Scizor EV spread is a killer idea, giving him more Spec D bulk and still maintain enough power to KO after hazards! Thanks for the RATE!

Wow full on offense ......... I LOVE YOU! this team doesneed work but there are some pokemon who ruin you. Scarfed Terrakion rips through your team because Rock slide takes out half your team and Stone Edge is worse also ock Polish Terrakion is worse.

You need to take out Latios for Scarf Gengar because Focus Blast can OHKO Terrakion, also like BKC says Specs Latios can rip through your team. Conkeldurr over Lucario can be useful.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team. I'm not sure why you feel your team is weak to sun and rain teams. Dragonite and Rotom-W are among the best sun and rain checks in existence.

Your team may have troubles against fighting types such as Conkeldurr and Terrakion, who can hit everybody on the team hard. I suggest dropping a Latios for a variation of Tinkerbell Celebi. Although it lacks Latios' sheer power, Celebi can very much keep up with the team's offensive nature. This change ensures you do not open up a weakness against Rotom-W, while simultaneously providing you with a way to beat Conkeldurr and Terrakion. Thunder Wave gives Lucario an easier time sweeping. You don't need Psychic to take out these two as Leaf Storm hits hard enough, so go with either Hidden Power Fire or Earth Power to hit the Scizors and Heatrans that just love to switch into Celebi. Finally, use Healing Wish instead of Recover in the last slot. You never know when Lucario or Dragonite get statused and can no longer sweep. Celebi can give it another chance.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Modest
240 Hp/ 232 SpA/ 32 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- HP Fire/ Earth Power
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Although this wont fix your Gengar weakness, it will certainly make Gengar a lot more manageable. Swap Extremespeed for Bullet Punch on Lucario. By switching to Bullet Punch, Lucario misses out on a bit of power on its priority move. However, there are benefits to this. As already mentioned, it makes Gengar more manageable, while also allowing Lucario to beat pokemon who would otherwise revenge kill it like Terrakion and Scarftar.

GL.

Wow full on offense ......... I LOVE YOU! this team doesneed work but there are some pokemon who ruin you. Scarfed Terrakion rips through your team because Rock slide takes out half your team and Stone Edge is worse also ock Polish Terrakion is worse.

You need to take out Latios for Scarf Gengar because Focus Blast can OHKO Terrakion, also like BKC says Specs Latios can rip through your team. Conkeldurr over Lucario can be useful.
Conk over Luke...THAT A NICE suggestion :D Scarf G-gar though? I got to try it out.

Well Terrakion can be easily checked with my banded scizor, which is why I leave him lying in wait just in case my opponent doesnt want to send him out soon.

At +2/+4 Luke can ohko Latios after rocks with E-Speed though...But ill give the Muscle poke a try :D Thanks for the rate. :D

Thanks New World Order.

I never thought of putting BP on Luke...A very nice RATE.

Celebi would give me more pokes to take hits and does give me the "Second Chance" (man I hate that term) for my sweepers to wrap up the game for me.

ONCE AGAIN thank you :D

I absolutely love hyper offense so this team speaks to me!

I would definitely go about using a scarf gengar, it works beautifully as a check to terrakion and is pretty unexpected.

I would use

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
252 speed/ 252 spatk/ 4 hp
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire

@Gungnir85
Ill be sure to give scarf gengar a go, although I like the healing properties of sub-spilt gar.

Well, its whether you want to have longevity and the option of beating blissey one on one, or trolling scarf terrakion.

I know which one I'd prefer :)

I don't think that you need to be carrying Psyshock on your Latios, considering Lucario already provide sufficent coverage for Blissey. I'm not the biggest fan of Ice Beam either, because Dragon Pulse provides mostly the same coverage with STAB, except on Gliscor and Landorus. Try dropping Ice Beam for Dragon Pulse, and Psyshock for Surf, Surf can one shot most Gliscor and Landorus sets anyways.

If I were you, I'd switch scizor's item to Life Orb or Leftovers. When you're using a Hyper Offence team, you need to keep the pressure on all the time. Choice Pokemon aren't the best idea here due to the fact that they most likely will need to be switched out after their move, as after they get the KO, your opponent will likely switch to a resist of the move you used. This gives your opponent a free turn to attack, set up, heal, or status your Pokemon. I'm not sure what item should be used instead, but Choice Band removes pressure from your opponent, which is the last thing you want.

Scarf Rotom could be switched as well, but personally I think Trick is an excellent way to screw with walls, so I'd keep him as is.

\(^o^)/

Your Deoxys is pretty much Taunt bait for Whimsicott. Yes, it can Taunt you before you can even think about using Magic Coat thanks to Prankster, so give it an attack to take it out. I suggest HP Fire over Taunt.

Your Deoxys is pretty much Taunt bait for Whimsicott. Yes, it can Taunt you before you can even think about using Magic Coat thanks to Prankster, so give it an attack to take it out. I suggest HP Fire over Taunt.
Magic Coat has a 4-7 priority (not sure) while whismicott's taunt is 1 priority, so magic coat would go first

Whimsicott can't Taunt Deoxys before it uses Magic Coat for two reasons:
1. Magic Coat has higher priority than Whimsicott's priority Taunt
2. Deoxys is faster than Whimsicott, so even if its Taunt had the same priority as Magic Coat, Deoxys would still beat it.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.

Sizzirp is the weakest. jk.
Pretty good team you have here. I like using EQ over ESpeed on Dragonite for them Heatrans. Just preference I guess.

If I were you, I'd switch scizor's item to Life Orb or Leftovers. When you're using a Hyper Offence team, you need to keep the pressure on all the time. Choice Pokemon aren't the best idea here due to the fact that they most likely will need to be switched out after their move, as after they get the KO, your opponent will likely switch to a resist of the move you used. This gives your opponent a free turn to attack, set up, heal, or status your Pokemon. I'm not sure what item should be used instead, but Choice Band removes pressure from your opponent, which is the last thing you want.

Scarf Rotom could be switched as well, but personally I think Trick is an excellent way to screw with walls, so I'd keep him as is.

\(^o^)/
LO Scizor? I can give that a go seeing that it'll add more pressure for my opponent...I might as well make him SD Scizor with Lum just to make him sweep easier.

Magic coat has higher priority and Whimsicott is EASY to predict so, Ill just keep spamming Magic Coat until I force the switch.

Sizzirp is the weakest. jk.
Pretty good team you have here. I like using EQ over ESpeed on Dragonite for them Heatrans. Just preference I guess.
I can give earthquake a go...if there weren't many balloon trans running around...which would require me to swap out Outrage for D-claw to pop it first.

Solid Team you got here
Just nitpicky but you have 2 choiced pokes which can be dangerous so maybe switch to a Standard Rotom Set Then A. Will O Wisp Cripples any Physical attacker and B. You still get Volt Switch
Otherwise I have nothing else to say. Nice team :]

I think people overhype Latios's nuts. If Latios wats to come in and Draco fuck something, it is set up bait for Lucario to sweep their team. Period paragraph. I encourage it to Draco. Other than that... I really don't think you need Scarf Rotom because your team has so much priority. Life Orb or Specs you could give a try because they are safer. Rain does NOT want to mess with Rotom at that point. I like this team alot.

Click the button to the right of Quote so you don't have to triple post.
Thanks for the advice blak.

Solid Team you got here
Just nitpicky but you have 2 choiced pokes which can be dangerous so maybe switch to a Standard Rotom Set Then A. Will O Wisp Cripples any Physical attacker and B. You still get Volt Switch
Otherwise I have nothing else to say. Nice team :]
I tried the standard rotom...and it helped out in a couple of matches. I might give it specs over scarf just to have more heat to my team.

I think people overhype Latios's nuts. If Latios wats to come in and Draco fuck something, it is set up bait for Lucario to sweep their team. Period paragraph. I encourage it to Draco. Other than that... I really don't think you need Scarf Rotom because your team has so much priority. Life Orb or Specs you could give a try because they are safer. Rain does NOT want to mess with Rotom at that point. I like this team alot.
I really LOVE your suggestion for my rotom. At least Im assuming you were talking about giving him specs. Thank you for the solid rate :D.

Nice team :]. I would consider maxing out Deoxys's speed to outspeed common scarfers such as Rotom-W or atleast running some speed. Starmie could be an option over Rotom-W as it has great coverage and can rapid spin for Dragonite to preserve it's multiscale. Not much beyond that. GL with it :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)