KPOP

Making music is the performing of it, not the composition. That would be composing music. If someone says, "Let's make some music" they mean let's play something, not let's sit around and write some kpop. I don't see how them not writing their own songs is a problem either, most artists don't as they specialize in performance, not composition.
You have no idea what you're talking about do you...whatever you're smoking, could I have some?

that would happen to be the gorgeous rainbow

that move they're doing is the 'ab dance' and it was banned in korea for being too provocative

thankfully they brought it back for the japanese release

woori the rapper is fierce <3

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Making music is the performing of it, not the composition. That would be composing music. If someone says, "Let's make some music" they mean let's play something, not let's sit around and write some kpop. I don't see how them not writing their own songs is a problem either, most artists don't as they specialize in performance, not composition.

Also the thing you described in your second paragraph is called a genre. That is why it is classified as kpop, because they take ideas from other groups and mix it into their own music. This happens in all music, I don't see what your problem is here either.

<3 SNSD <3 SNSD <3 SNSD
1. No... how is "making" or "creating" music performing it? When a professional such as Dr. Dre. makes music, he creates his own beats and rhythms, not "performing" it.

Also, I never said not writing their music is a problem. Kpop fanboys and fangirls use their "singing" and "musical talent" as evidence of their so called musical talent, which is complete and utter bullshit, as they are great performers and dancers, and not musicians.

2. All genres to some extent rehash and take the same chords and beats if you look closely enough. (John Lennon is a particular example that I remember, as a friend did a mathematical paper on his music and found he pretty much rehashes a lot of famous stuff), but the point is, Kpop does it to the point where almost each goddamn song is a continual rehash of the same beats and chord progression, and there's almost no room for creativity in the industry. Their industry focuses on attracting the target audience with catchy beats and lyrics and flashiness with their performances. How do you have musical "talents" and have any sort of advances in the industry when they use the goddamn same thing over and over.

What on earth are you on about lol.

1) The majority of artists (which means performer) do not compose their own music, this is a fact. This is also irrelevant and I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me here...

2) I did not say there is no originality, i said people take stuff from other artists for their own songs. There is still originality and artistic license which is why there is appropriation anyway.

3) Performers and Artists are the same thing and are used interchangeably.
1. The majority of most artists do compose their music to an extent. Most of them work with producers and many of them have lyrical abilities. However, most* (there are a few exceptions) in the Kpop industry who sing what they're given to them and solely act as performers. Their singing abilities, while intact, are mediocre, and are enhanced by various techniques (duh). I would hesitate in calling them true artists in that regard, but again, call them performers (which they do a damn good job at).

2. As addressed above, the Kpop industry does it so that there's actual no growth in the industry lyrically. Of course, many of the non mainstream songs that fly under the radar do have an element of creativity in it, but as a whole, the industry focuses on catching its target audience with catchiness, not creativity.

3. Fuck. No. They. Are. Not. As a musician myself, I definitely do not call them artists in any form. They. Are. Performers.

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Damn, when did it get all complicated?

It's music. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. Stop bitching about whether they are performers or musicians. 9.9

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
As a musician myself, I consider the term "artist" to be almost an insult.. I would much rather be a performer.

Omg, r u serious? u r soooooo stewpid. big bang r like 2wice the group 2n31 r!!!!!!!! jus shtup!!!!! omg!!!!!!

Am I doing it right.

Also I admittedly like this song...HUZZAH!!!!!
Ok fuck you guys I'm starting to enjoy this a little too much.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
This thread is now the reason why I listen and sing with

GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY

WHY IS IT SO FUCKING CATCHY?!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
still listening to that 8-bit kpop piece, it's amazingly pretty and cute. tiny asian video game :3

i feel like jpop/kpop are primarily focused on the image, and more so the videography they end up doing for music videos rather than the success/popularity of the actual music track. this is fairly obvious from how well done their videos are with the music, iT JUST LOOKS SO GOOD. but, not to deny that the creation of the music itself isn't a well-executed plan to be perfectly cohesive with everything else, since that's completely true. i think kpop especially exists to make catchy/cutesy/korean sounding music just to produce the songs with aesthetically sculpted and lovely korean girls and fantastic videos, all tied together with stupidly/satisfyingly catchy music. the trifECTa

ps. there was a week or so long period where I listened to GEE obsessively, especially when I was driving to school. gee gee gee gee BABY BABY BABY~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)