LC Extended [December Leader's Choice ladder]

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
(Original thread by unfixable)

In this metagame, all Pokemon may have moves their evolutions may have. For example, Oshawott can now learn Megahorn because Samurott does as well. This stays true for all moves learned by level up, TM, and Tutor (Frenzy Plant variants is p much the only thing here). This metagame will be following the LC format and will thus follow all LC rules [Level 5, etc.]. Here are the rules of this metagame and also LC Rules:

Rules:
Standard LC Rules [Level 5]
All LC Ubers are banned
Fletchling is banned
Baton Pass Clause is in effect (No passing Speed + another stat boost)​

Suspect:
None atm!
Ban History:
Fletchling 8/30/14

Fletchling was banned for its access to Brave Bird, making it incredibly powerful. This also allows for a stronger move than Acrobatics and the ability to Choice Band. To make the matter worse, it can now learn Flare Blitz to blast past Steel-types. Swords Dance also boosts it further and at +2 all resists are 2HKOed by Brave Bird. It needs random and specialized, I even got suggested Counter Wooper just for Fletchling and really this just demonstrates how centralizing it would be. Overall, Fletchling lacks true counters and was just way too strong for the metagame and thus was banned.​

LC has finally received its own OMotM! I know it's not one we're familiar with, but let's have fun with it, guys!

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Snivy gets Dragon Pulse. Yay.

Pawniard and Mienfoo are basically unchanged.

Magikarp gets many moves... But it still sucks. If you want to I guess you can do a DD set or something.

I'll probably do some more later.

e: Eevee gets a movepool that includes everything it could ever want in a million years. It's still probably not good

Quiver Dance exists on many many terrible things like Caterpie. Might be interesting on Surskit and Larvesta though (special Larvesta has some cool tools).

QUESTION: Are event moves included in this? For example, does Gastly get Sludge Wave? Does Zorua get Sludge Bomb?

EDIT TO Q1: If the answer is yes, are event moves from Gen 5 illegal with Gen 6 egg only moves?

SECOND QUESTION: Does this mean that all ability illegalities do not exist? Can we use our Porygons and Staryus with Analytic level up moves since their evolved forms do? This is actually an important question, and also should be determined if it applies to event only moves as well (like Espeed Zig).

Last edited:
Well I love standard LC so I'm looking forward to playing this. Klink might actually be good now it gets Shift Gear and Gear Grind (probably still won't be)! Tynamo could be an interesting threat, with no weaknesses it could make a good tank / slow pivot.

I'm on my phone atm so I won't go into too much detail, but a couple of things stick out to me:

-Bunnelby has Knock Off and SD now, making it even scarier to face. SD Quick Attack destroys offense while fatter mons have a hard time stomaching boosted Returns.

-Analytic+Hydro Pump is now legal on Staryu, making the LO set even harder to switch into.

Froakie gets a bunch of cool moves lik Gubk Shot and Spikes.

Gastly gets Focus Blast which does a shit ton to Porygons trying to switch in.

There's some other stuff like Rufflet, but honestly all we got was more strong wallbreakers. I think the banning of Fletchling will have a greater impact on the meta than the new moves.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Joltik gets Sticky Web and Thunder, neat since it ties with Surskit and is a bit bulkier and could easily be more disruptive with Twave/Giga/Sucker Punch/UTurn as options.

Quiver Dance Larvesta would be cool. Fiery Dance is more rude.

Minccino can now abuse Skill Link with it's new Bullet Seed and Rock Blast!

Skiddo gets EQ instead of using Bulldoze

Hyper Voice Helioptile (although it wont have much room for it)

Brave Bird Rufflet (i personally will be spamming this)

FREEZE DRY AMAURA (only other one getting it would be vanillite gods distro is bad af)

BELDUM HAS A USABLE MOVEPOOL NOW COMPLETE WITH STABS AND COVERAGE NO MORE IRON DEFENSE OR THREE SLOT SETS

LOVELY KISS SMOOCHUM IS REAL BLESS THIS OM (now all we need is dry skin)

KARP GETS STAB NOW AND A USEABLE MOVEPOOL (it's still fucking shit though.)

tbh any ass early game bug has a movepool now but LOL QD Caterpie/Wurmple/Scatterbug would suck :( (tbh Powder Scatterbug would be lulzy against Fire Types with only Fire moves so dont get your hopes up.)

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Why has no one mentioned this monster...

Trapinch now gets Dragon Dance, Roost, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, U-turn, Stone Edge... a boatload of shit backed up by base 100 Atk and Arena Trap.

EDIT: Fuck me no DD nvm :((

Ponyta is now an even better pivot with Baton pass.

Solarbeam Vulpix is now a thing, as is Morning sun bellsprout.

Sun seems fun in this new meta.

Some sets I thought of:

Klink @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
Shift Gear
Gear Grind
Return
Wild Charge / Substitute

Late game sweeper. Shift Gear doubles Speed and gives an Attack boost, Gear Grind is the main STAB, Return hits bulky waters neutrally, Wild Charge is some more coverage while Subsitute lets you dodge status.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 156 HP / 40 Def / 240 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
Nasty Plot
Tri Attack
Psychic / Dark Pulse
Hidden Power Fighting

Special Stallbreaker. Nasty Plot gives you massive power. Tri Attack is the main STAB. Psychic wrecks Gastly and most Fighting types; Dark Pulse hits bulky Ghosts like Pumpkaboo and Honedge. Hidden Power Fighting OHKOes Pawniard. EVs give you enough Speed to outrun 0 Speed Timburr, with Special Attack maximised and HP boosted by 2 points. The rest boosts Defence by another point to give Porygon Eviolite numbers.

TruSwagblu

Banned deucer.
Baton Pass Clause is in effect (No passing Speed + another stat boost)​
rip baton smash clam :c

edit: why is this illegal?
(- Huntail can't learn Sucker Punch because it's incompatible with another move.)

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 248 SpA / 76 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Sucker Punch

spunch is a huntail level up move (lv. 23 in oras), surf/smash/beam are all clam legal

edit2: cotton gets hurricane/moonblast nice

Last edited:
There seems to be a problem with the coding when it comes to Eevee, because when trying to use it, it will say that only vaporeon is viable for using moves from it, so when I tried to use an Eevee with the setup of swords dance, quick attack and flare blitz, I was told this - Vaporeon can't learn Swords Dance. - Vaporeon can't learn Ice Fang. - Vaporeon can't learn Flare Blitz.

Reactions: RZL

TruSwagblu

Banned deucer.
There seems to be a problem with the coding when it comes to Eevee, because when trying to use it, it will say that only vaporeon is viable for using moves from it, so when I tried to use an Eevee with the setup of swords dance, quick attack and flare blitz, I was told this - Vaporeon can't learn Swords Dance. - Vaporeon can't learn Ice Fang. - Vaporeon can't learn Flare Blitz.
I don't think it's just eevee, I've been having problems with pretty much every mon with more than one evolution I've tried to use

Great work Quote, i don't think I've been this excited about lc in a while.

Also, shoutout to Elekid for getting Earthquake. Eat shit Magnemite.

Edit 2: Nasty Plot Porygon is going to be awful to face

Last edited:
Definitely going to play this since Eevee's amazing. I'm thinking something like this would be the best set:

Eevee @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk/36 Def/236 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Adaptibility
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Flare Blitz
- Aqua Tail/Knock Off

+2 Quick Attack hurts everything that doesn't resist it. Flare Blitz is for Steels and hits most Ghosts hard. +2 Aqua Tail deals a minimum of 80% to Hippopotas and at +0 will OHKO offensive Archen if you predict the switchin. Knock Off is mainly for Frillish who can take the rest of your attacks but is also your strongest attack against any Ghost that's not weak to Flare Blitz and can remove Eviolites.

I think Flare Blitz is pretty much mandatory for Bisharp and the only replacement I can think of would be Super Power to hit most Steels just as hard at the cost of your sweeping potential.

Stunky can't use Play Rough even though it's a move from breeding. Are breeding moves still disallowed even though everything else is fine or is this a bug?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Stunky can't use Play Rough even though it's a move from breeding. Are breeding moves still disallowed even though everything else is fine or is this a bug?
Breeding moves can be incompatible. Sucker Punch is gen 4 only, so it's incompatible (even skuntank can't have sucker and play rough!).

Breeding moves can be incompatible. Sucker Punch is gen 4 only, so it's incompatible (even skuntank can't have sucker and play rough!).
Sucker punch wasn't used on this stunky. It was defog, play rough, explosion and shadow claw (can't fully remember last move, but it wasn't sucker punch). This was a cleanup-type build.

On a side note, mons that are possibly overpowered (or at least really high tier) so far:
Bunnelby: like in LC, huge power is pretty broken. Toss in quick attack for one of those "immortal" attackers
Rufflet: Nasty defence and offence stats for unboosted one hit KOs everywhere. Crush Claw anyone?
Abra: Like bunnelby only it already is super fast. Sucker punch won't hit one KO- you'll need TWO of them. Oh, and if Abra has dazzling gleam good luck with that.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Sucker punch wasn't used on this skuntank. It was defog, play rough, explosion and shadow claw (can't fully remember last move, but it wasn't sucker punch). This was a cleanup-type build.
Alright, sorry should have extended that. I assumed sucker punch and that was wrong of me.

Defog is a Gen 4 HM and cannot be obtained on Stunky (or Skuntank) any other way, so it is incompatible with Play Rough.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
other cute things

U-Turn Cottonee and BP Ponyta (With Wish support since BP is a gen 3 event move) are cute new VT members
Wish and Softboiled Happiny but it's not worth it yet :(
Torchic gets a lot of moves from Blaziken
Riolu gets a lot of of shit from Lucario
Chimchar gets a lot of shit from Infernape
SR Cleffa now with STAB (if you're into using that)
Golett gets Phantom Force (on webs this sounds like a good idea on paper)
Petilil gets QD and becomes a monster with or without Sun. But ass coverage
Shelmet gets Water Shuriken, U-Turn, and Knock Off. Hello new spiking bae
Vanillite gets the coveted Freeze-Dry which would fuck it's water type switchins.
Snover gets EQ which means aww yeah SD set time (grass/ice/ground is okay coverage)
Mambo's boy (Nincada) gets shady shit like Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Wow, and BP

One im uncertain of is if Sewaddle can uae Magic Coat + Sticky Web. Because TECHNICALLY Sticky Web is learned via Level Up and i assume it can be passed down via breeding. HOWEVER Magic Coat is bred on, not learned. And only Sewaddle can learn Sticky Web via level up. This is prolly a no but i wanted to double check. Besides, it has 4mss so hard. Doesnt need anymore issues.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)