LC LC Majors I - Stage 2 Round 1

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
op shamelessly adapted from UU Majors

Art by HotFuzzBall
Hosts: Merritt, Fiend, Eseque, Coconut

Welcome to the first LC Majors! This is an official Type B Tournament in the 2020 Little Cup Tournament Circuit where you can test your mettle against the top players in the community. Unlike most elimination tours, where your opponent is a matter of chance, LC Majors ensures that every participant plays a broad swath of the tier's playerbase as you fight your way to the top.

The tournament is divided into two stages - a round-robin qualifier and an elimination bracket. During Stage 2, players will face each other in a randomly generated bracket and take each other on in a best of 3 SS LC series.

LC circuit points will be awarded to everybody in stage 2 using the following scoring table.

Tour Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SS LC tournament.​
  • Stage 1 of this tournament will be a round robin series. Players will be placed in pools, and must play all other opponents in their pool.​
  • Each pool will have a Pool Leader who will be handpicked by the tournament hosts.​
  • Stage 1 matches will be best-of-one. You may switch teams between opponents.​
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.​
  • If any changes to the tier occur during Stage 1, they will not be implemented until Stage 2.​
  • You must be active in scheduling with your opponents. The tournament hosts will be very strict about activity during Stage 1. Please use the VM wall so that your activity attempts are visible, and be as specific as possible when scheduling.​
  • Stage 1 is a round robin format. This means that you are expected to play every opponent in your pool, even if you lose the first couple of games. If you are unwilling to commit to this format, do not sign up. You are also agreeing to playing games with potential substitutes.​
  • Stage 2 is a single elimination bracket, where you will play best of three series with your matched opponent. You may switch teams in between games.​
  • Posting replays is mandatory for the entire tournament to encourage higher quality games and aid development of the LC metagame.
  • You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules
  • VMs are only thing that matters for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip.

Round 1

Ninjadog  vs  kythr
Lugia_numair  vs  Mikaav
Bowas  vs  zS
Xizaaa  vs  Toadow
Serene Grace  vs  Tobste
Kaboom  vs  ToastedBunzzz02
Voltix  vs  Kipkluif
tazz  vs  SANJAY
TioDragonite  vs  KingKdot
ChexLuther  vs  Bobby Dagen
basaninho  vs  Royal1604
STarsAma  vs  OTAtom
Lilburr  vs  jcbc
Trade  vs  Dundies
Potatochan  vs  false
Sabella  vs  Grankie
Spl4sh  vs  MSnt
Monsareeasy  vs  EviGaro
Elfuseon  vs  risi
Sciroccoo  vs  Aconit (Bye)
Z Strats  vs  Cheese5555
boulicrok  vs  TDW
pokemonisfun  vs  Osh
brewfasa  vs  byronthewellwell
Laroxyl  vs  imjustgray
HSOWA  vs  zugubu royale
Drafeu-kun  vs  KSG
Wail Wailord  vs  zben
PyProd  vs  Meru
zeriloa  vs  realSurfyTeen
ThelordofbadRNG  vs  Star
Heysup  vs  trace

Deadline: Sunday October 11th 11:59 PM EDT

Replays remain mandatory!

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I should be in this Merritt I won the tie breaker with jcbc and jaajgko

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1194096452-gzlrmr2nnxldvx2chjoyzm4k507v5y8pw
Here is one of the replays, I'm not used to having to save them cause of Smogtours and sorry for the delay, I had a hard time finding this thread.
Posting 5 days after the deadline for your tiebreak and after your opponent has not only moved onto the next stage but also already played means this is absolutely too late, especially considering that you already got a pass vs MZ for not posting replays last round. Sorry.

Posting 5 days after the deadline for your tiebreak and after your opponent has not only moved onto the next stage but also already played means this is absolutely too late, especially considering that you already got a pass vs MZ for not posting replays last round. Sorry.
I posted the next day after the thread was up, I wasn't tagged in anything nor did my opponent notify you that he lost which is sort of shame on him..
Regardless, I understand your decision entirely. My fault.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)