Serious LGBTQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posho

Know your own powerlessness.
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past Smogon Snake Draft Champion
Well, just to give out a quick status, apologies if I may deviate from the current topic:

It has been a while since I made my coming out post and I have to say that I've never been this relieved, countless people have messaged me with really nice and supportive comments and you guys really have made me feel I'm not alone in this, even skimming through this thread and its so many stories I've come to realize that there are plenty of people who have gone through similar situations such as mine, or even worse due to relatives or whoever not accepting them as they are and want to be like, whether you're trans, gay, straight, that won't affect you negatively in any way, people can be really wonderful regardless of their preferences, but yeah, sadly not everyone sees with the same eyes. I wish the best of luck with their lives to all those people who bravely came here and came out, accepting themselves as they are, you guys are just incredible and should have the will to never let anyone stand upon you.

As of me, I want to become openly gay, I've been hanging out with some people who know I am and it feels really nice to let your true persona out, staring at handsome guys has never been this enjoyable! :) But the thing is that not most of my peers know anything about this and they're people who have known me for a year now, and although I was able to reveal it to a large community, let's just be real, it's the internet and there are some big differences with coming out to other people in real life. I'm really not ashamed nor am I shy of being homosexual but one can't just imagine how'd other people react, even though I know they'd perfectly accept it, I'm pretty sure they even suspect it though, I've been asked if I was gay a few times but I just denied it, which kind of makes me feel bad because I wasn't sincere with them from the very begining but I'm still in time to change that. If someone were to ask me I'd probably tell the truth, but I don't know if I should just come out right away, I'm quite insecure yet but nothing would make me happier than people recognising me as I am.

Have a nice day :)

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone, I posted this message over a year ago.

Hey all,

I'm currently in Post Production for my thesis film, Straight Outta Closet, and I wanted to thank the people in this thread for being a source of inspiration for it. While I haven't been very active on the site in awhile, I did check in on several sections and threads. This was one of them. So if people don't mind, I'd like to share a little something I wrote about the project.

"Straight Outta Closet is a reversal of the coming out story that shows a different side to it. Seth, a heterosexual man who everyone thinks is gay, struggles telling his homosexual best friends that he's straight.

My undergrad was in Musical Theatre and, as stereotypical as it may sound, many of my friends and classmates during that time were gay. Most of them still are. Over the years I had heard many different stories from different people about coming out, whether it be someone coming out to their friends, family, or even themselves. I saw the pain in some of my best friends’ eyes as they struggled with their sexuality.

There’s a lot of media that highlights the many struggles that LGBT people have endured, and continue to endure, over countless years of discrimination. I don’t want to belittle those struggles, because I feel they’ve been belittled enough by many others. At the same time though, I feel that this attention can potentially create more fear in the closeted or questioning members of the community. In Straight Outta Closet, Seth struggles to come out to his friends. It’s his struggle within himself to say something. After the initial shock of Seth’s heterosexuality, Angelica and Jack continuously try to tell Seth that they accept him. This isn’t a story about winning over friends. Instead the main struggle is that Seth keeps interrupting their words of acceptance. The build up of fear in Seth is the only thing standing in his way. In the end, it doesn’t take any special words to show that they accept Seth. All Angelica and Jack have to do is just continue to treat him the same and Seth finally realizes he’s been accepted the whole time.

Why did I make this film? I wanted to show a lighter side to coming out. I wanted to show that there are already people that accept you. I’m not saying that there aren’t struggles, but just showing that it doesn’t have to be only about the struggles."

So to everyone who might read this, I want you to know that there are many here that accept you for who you are. Not everyone in life is going to, but lean on us if you need. It can get better, but you need to help us help you. Don't feel afraid to show who you truly are to people, even if maybe it isn't everyone. I wish you all the best of luck, and humbly thank you once again.
I'm now finally posting it online, and wanted to thank the openness of people in this thread for being an inspiration.

alright, here goes

tl;dr: I'm having some Gender Feelings™ and I think I might be a girl

Around April last year, my friend Chloe made a post in this thread about her being trans. At the time I didn't really know much about trans people or what it meant to be trans, so I did some research. I found myself on /r/asktransgender, where I read a bunch of posts by trans people talking about their experiences. Much to my surprise, I found myself really relating to a lot of the posts that I read. This awoke something in me, and led me to ask myself some difficult questions. Questions like:

Why do I always choose a girl avatar when I'm playing videogames?
Why do I never correct people when they call me 'she' online?
Why have stories with female protagonists always appealed to me so much more than those with male protags?
Why did I spend so much time pretending to be a girl on omegle when I was 14?
Why have I always felt so much more comfortable hanging out with girls than with guys?
Why am I a girl in my dreams half the time?
Why do I always feel so jealous of that gay guy in my writing class who wears thigh highs and a hair bow?
Why did it feel so natural when I wore a dress for the school play that one time?

This has been gnawing away at me for more than a year and I don't think I can keep it to myself any longer. I'm still very unsure about what I'm feeling, and I need more time to work this out, but for now I think I'm a girl.

In hindsight I probably should have figured this out earlier. I’ve never really connected with traditional masculinity and I’ve always been pretty effeminate irl. I’ve struggled with this weird sense of not belonging when I hung out with guys that I couldn’t really explain until now.

Here's the thing: I don't really experience any strong sense of dysphoria. I don't feel uncomfortable in my body. I'd really like to be a girl, and if I could choose to be born a girl I'd do it, but I'm not really unhappy living and presenting as a man. The idea of transitioning is honestly really scary to me and I'm not sure if that's something that I want to do.

I'm still trying to figure out a lot of things about myself, but for now I'd like it if people would refer to me as a girl and use feminine pronouns (she/her). This is just to test the waters, I guess. I’m not ready to come out irl yet bc I’m still not fully sure what I’m feeling.

Shoutouts Chloe, talking to you and reading your post in this thread led me to discover something new and important about myself. C:

p.s I think I like the name Phoebe

That first little while after you start realizing these things can be utterly terrifying (or at least, it was for me), but once you start to sort yourself out everything gets better. Congratulations (because this really is an achievement)!

Sounds like you have your bases covered, but if you (or for that matter, any other trans/questioning folk here), want to talk to me or ask me about anything, I'm always happy to. For reference, I'm genderqueer and transfemale.

I wish you the best of luck figuring yourself out! It's one hell of a journey.

Posho

Know your own powerlessness.
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past Smogon Snake Draft Champion
Hey, wanted to post again because this is a thought that's been crossing my mind.

So, after all I've been going through I was finally able to come out to my classmates (in a weird context but I did lol) and basically my entire class knows I'm gay, and they've been so nice about it, and the acceptance and support I've been given is amazing, I even learned one of my teachers was gay and I had pretty nice conversations with her about the topic. Basically I'm speechless with how many positive things accepting and being myself has given to me.

The thing is however, Christmas is closer, I'm gonna go visit my entire family, and when they ask me about girlfriends and stuff I'm gonna feel pretty awkward, because I'd like them to know about it, but just as usual, I'm so unsure on how they're gonna react. Unlike my friends and classmates, who I knew would be so okay with it, I don't know what their reaction is gonna be like if they ever happen to know. Ideally, I'd like to tell them directly and just get it off my chest, but may be I'm just rushing things and I should just let everything flow.

Nalei

out!
is a Pre-Contributor
I never explicitly came out here, but just posting here as I've done is enough to make the assumption. Anyways, just some stuff I wanted to get off my chest...

Around five years ago, I felt attraction for the first time. I didn't take much note of it at first, but I liked guys and I girls. I soon realized this, and I, growing up in a Catholic environment thought something along the lines of "No. Gay is bad. I am good. I am straight." So for about two years, I tried to be straight. Needless to say, it didn't work. Every time I caught myself looking at him, I'd force myself to look away. I believed I was straight. I was straight; just a straight guy who likes guys is all. After same-sex marriage was legalized in the US, about 2 years after I started forcing myself into heterosexuality, my friend asked me what I thought about it. I gave him the automatic response of "I don't like it," but it still got me to think. After thinking about it even for for a few minutes, I realized how simply ridiculous opposition to homosexuality was. I let me be me.

I'd been "straight" for so long that I wasn't really sure what I was anymore. I spent a lot of time doing research and questioning, and I decided that I was bi. When I do research, I always do my best to look at it from every angle. One interesting thing that I found multiple times from both scientific and personal perspectives, was that juvenile "bisexuality" is common and often goes away. I spent the next half year silent because I wanted to be sure before I told anyone - coming out a second time as straight would look like the boy calling wolf. I now wanted to tell people, but the prospect of telling anyone in real life was still too daunting. Instead, I told some online friends. Before long, I was simply out on PS!. After this, I decided to tell someone in real life. I had a friend who I was sure would be accepting, and casually commented on some hot dudes (this is happening approximately a year ago for reference). We talked, and it turns out that she's bi too! A few months later, I told another friend, but one that was straight. Both times went great, but I can't expect it to always be that way.

My ultimate goal is to come out to my parents, and in all honestly, I should have done just that two years ago. Why didn't I tell them? What were the barriers? Well, on my mom's side, just as I used to be, she's quite against homosexuality. My dad is fine with it, but hates political correctness. I, like him, don't like political correctness, but by coming out, I can't help but feel that his judgement would be quite harsh. All my life, I've been an angel child, never disappointing, always pleasing. Because of that, I have minimal experience letting my parents down, and the thought is horrifying to me. Another thought that occurred to me was that it wouldn't end with my parents - they would want to tell the extended family eventually. The problem here is that most of my extended family is homophobic. Furthermore, coming out all the way would bring up some conflicts at school. I'm a football player and a wrestler. Although the majority of my school is quite pro-gay, the football and wrestling teams are largely homophobic. My dad has also been known to make gay jokes in poor taste and has been shown to be upset by gay characters in TV shows that don't add anything to the plot. However, he has said that "we'll still love you if you're gay," so I'm not scared of any extreme repercussions.

Recently, I've been running low on excuses. I'm extremely busy, but even I know that's a BS excuse. And that's what this has been for me; a game of excuses. So now, I'm thinking that it's time to come clean. There's another friend that I want to know - the same one who asked me about gay marriage in 8th grade - so I think I'll tell him before I tell my parents as a way to shake off the dust. When I do build up the guts to tell them - ideally shortly after Thanksgiving - I think I'll keep it simple: "Mom, dad; I like guys."
e: I did it and it went a lot better than I suspected n_n

Last edited:
I'm not even an active member and I found out about this topic completly randomly, but there must be a good reason.
Hopefully my story will help at least one person.

Ever since I was 4/5 years old I felt different. At that age every boy I knew had or wanted to have a "girlfriend" and I didn't. At that age you can't tell because it's just a game though. So I couldn't quite grasp why I felt so much out of the lines.
But as the years passed, this feeling kept growing stronger and stronger and it showed, which made me be extremely unpopular. I didn't have the same mindset as most kids. Still had no explanation so I blamed my parents' break up for this.
It got clear by the time I was about 12/13. At that age your hormones take over your mind and you start getting interested in sexual things, you discover your whole new self physically and mentally. And of course having a girlfriend was not a game anymore, boys were only talking about that. It made me feel so uncomfortable, I kept thinking "What's wrong with me?". And then came that moment when I realized how hot I thought one of my male friends was. Growing up in a muslim environment, it was all the more disturbing to feel this way about a boy: I had never had the opportunity to meet gay people and didn't even know what word to put onto my feelings. All I knew was that it was scary and I didn't want my family to know, they would have probably killed me, or at least that's what I thought. I denied it for quite a long time after this, even though my attraction for men was growing stronger. By the time I was about to turn 17, it was such a huge problem for me that I began crying spontaneously very often and with no apparent reason. I thought I was never going to be happy with someone I really love, there seemed to be couples everywhere to remind me about it. The pressure was unbearable.
Everything changed when I first told a friend of mine: I knew she would think it's "cool" and she didn't really find the words but I felt so relieved, at least there was one person I didn't have to lie to all the time. I got addicted to this new freedom and decided to tell more and more of my friend, yet this feeling of being about to explode was not leaving. Talking about it is good but as long as I had not told my family I couldn't risk having a boyfriend, I thought they would probably kick me out of the house had they learned about this. I was terrified, especially when my cousins were making homophobic jokes and were asking me constantly if I had a girlfriend or what I thought about that hot chick...
I waited until I was almost 19 to start dating boys secretly, thinking I would be careful enough and that no one would know. I had 3 pathetic relationships and a fourth which really broke my heart as the guy was just playing around with my feelings. And all this secrecy was not helping my dating life either, no one wants to be with somebody whose family will eventually get in the way... I was convinced I was never going to be able to tell my family and that happiness was just for other people. I was messing up with my studies, I had eating and sleeping disorders, and I was progressively falling into depression. I thought I was worthless and that misery was just my burden, that I could not help it.
One day my mother and I were arguing about my studies, I didn't go to class and she was worried. And she got so mad that she just told me she knew about it from the very beginning, when I was 4/5 years old...
I couldn't believe she didn't hate me or tell me I should go burn in hell like other people did. Her acceptance was the only thing I really needed and now I feel so much better about it. I'm 21, my studies are going quite well for now, and my eating and sleeping disorders are slowly but surely disappearing. I'm not saying everything's right, I'm still very single but at least if one day I happen to fall in love with a man I'll know I'm allowed to feel this way.
The point of telling this story is not to draw attention on myself but hopefully to make people that relate to it feel better. For such a long time I thought that I was the only one in my circle to be gay and muslim but now I know some of my friends were and couldn't tell as well. I actually got lucky because even though only very few people in my family are aware of this, they were all so accepting, unlike everything I expected. But I know some people are not so open-minded, and if that's the case in your circle just don't listen to what they say about it. And that applies to any belief in your family that alienates you, not just like in my case, Islam. I strongly believe that you should stay strong and remain positive, it'll be hard sometimes, so very hard not to feel crushed by that thing you just can't control, but it's okay and things will get better, just be patient.
Remember that you were put on this Earth to live your life no matter what other people think, no one can judge you even if they think they hold the holy truth by doing so. You must put yourself first, don't drive yourself sick because of this like I did. Surround yourself with people that are accepting of who you are and that'll keep your head up even in your worst times.

And most importantly, yes you have the right to accept your sexuality and be proud of who you are. It doesn't make you a criminal, it doesn't harm anyone, that's just love.

Empress

So much for my happy ending
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey people. While Smogon and I have mostly gotten over each other, I still have good memories of this place. Moreover, while I was away, I've thought about a lot of things; for the handful of people who remember me fondly, here's an update on one of those big things.

I can say with 99% certainty that I am a transgender woman. It was a long time coming for me to realize this; back during my early high school years, I would constantly have doubts about my gender and dreamed of being female. I did not understand it at the time and attempted to drive those thoughts out of my head; while this worked for about a year, when the story of Caitlyn Jenner caused trans people to be thrust into the mainstream, I started to give it some more thought. (I actually despise Jenner, but I still have to give her credit for bringing us into the spotlight.)

The thoughts turned to stress and anxiety, and from 2015-late 2016, I remained in a constant state of denial. At pretty much every point possible, I tried to drive into my head that I'm a guy and always will be. That didn't work; it made it so much worse. By the end of 2016 I could not ignore it anymore; eventually I came out to my father and began seeing a gender therapist.

Now that I know who I am, I'm definitely in a better place, but I'm still not able to act on it. While my dad is accepting of it, he fears that transitioning would screw things up for me; indeed, in this harsh political climate, it is very difficult to exist while trans. He mostly fears that the company that's recruiting me will choose not to hire me for that reason, and with workplace discrimination still rampant, his fears are not unfounded. Moreover, my mom, a devout Christian, would not support it the same way that my dad does. She still has no idea that I'm seeing a gender therapist; she believes said therapist is solely for anxiety related issues. Accordingly, I'm stuck in limbo until I move out of the house or get hired officially.

So yeah, it sucks to be in the closet with no way out for a few years. But because I now know who I am, it's better than all of the stress that predated this discovery. As a result, I would say that life is going pretty well now (comparatively speaking).

I have at least been able to come out online; I found another forum to waste my time on, and the users seem to be generally accepting. I've also picked a name for myself; I like the name Kayla. There's no significance to it; I just like how it sounds.

If you managed to read most or all of this, thank you very much. I wish I could've been a better presence on Smogon, but the breakup was good for both of us, as I eventually gained the time to deal with my anxiety and gender dysphoria in one fell swoop. Moreover, the mistakes I made here allowed me to make a smooth entry into the other forum, and I'm far less ostracized there than I was here. If I ever come back, though, you'll be looking at a completely changed woman, literally and figuratively. Long live Smogon!

-Kayla

Lina

Wild Flower
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey so recently in Australia, the results of our same sex marriage survey were announced. 62% of voters were in favour of changing the laws!! This is a huge result and a step in the right direction towards marriage equality here in Australia. It's not legalised yet, but is currently being debated in the Australian Senate and is on track to be legalised by Christmas. I'm so proud of my country and so happy for everyone.

Last edited:

Nalei

out!
is a Pre-Contributor
Is there an LGBTQ Smogon Discord or Showdown room?
There's been discussion about an LGBT room before, but it's never been approved. The primary complication is the potential for randoms to come on and just harass. There's also no LGBT discord to my knowledge.

A LGBT room on Showdown would be great. I think it's important for the LGBT community to know that they aren't alone (Posho is gay :o). Surprisingly, a lot of LGBT do play Pokemon.

I go by Fuego, if you happen to see me on Showdown feel free to say hello!

what would you even discuss in an lgbt room lmao.

a thread on cong isn't so bad because of the nature of a forum: people usually post current even type stuff or coming out posts here. even then, this thread is pretty quiet generally. there just isn't much discussion to be had with the topic of "lgbt".

Alright sit the fuck down bitches I'm gonna tell a goddamn story.

I'm Silver Scrapes. You probably know me as Silver Scrapes, the beautiful, charming, intelligent, witty lobby moderator and global voice.

But unbeknownst to most, I am a transgender woman. And I'm pretty hilariously insecure about it and other things.
Back when I was about 13-14, seven years ago, I took a high school level psychology class - I had to get express permission to be able to do this, being underage and whatnot. I loved the class, absorbed all the information given to me like a sponge. One of the later weeks in the class, the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM, was discussed, a catalogue of information covering all kinds of disorders from acute stress disorder to voyeurism. I bought a copy for myself out of my own pocket, and this, too I absorbed. I scoured through the information with a voracity that I reserve for only my greatest interests.

As I read through these, I frequently avoided the sexual disorder segment. Being a young teen, I for some reason was certain someone would find and judge me for the information I sought. But eventually I did it, going into this section of the massive tome, reading quietly to myself in the dead of night as I felt like I would be judged harshly if I was found reading this stuff.

Reading through these disorders, one stuck out to me. "Gender Identity Disorder". I read over it all, every word - then I did it again. Then once more. I was fascinated. And I felt like in many areas, I could relate.

Of course, being in a conservative Christian household, I immediately slammed the book shut and hid it away. This was the sort of stuff I could be punished severely for, I thought. After all, I was told that if I read about mental disorders, I'd feel like I had 'em all. This was just simple hypochondria, right?
...Right?

I found myself reading the same entry again a few days later and considering it heavily. That night, I had a dream about myself as a female. It sounds like some fake-ass Hollywood shit, I know, but it was a vivid dream. When I woke up, I remembered it clearly, and I wrote down what I experienced.

I informed a close friend of mine, and she had no idea what to make of the dream, the entry in my DSM copy, or any of it. I was only 14 at the time. I couldn't know what I really felt about myself or my body, it was just hypochondria, etc.

I continued through life, but found myself drawn back to that entry frequently. About this time, I discovered what it meant to be transgender. I was absolutely fascinated. I felt like I wasn't completely crazy, there were people having the same thoughts I had, and even acting on them, going on to lead happy lives.

This is also when I started to feel my first heartbreak. 15 year old me was callously shut down by a girl I had been very, very into. Not a big deal, it happens, right? Somehow, I couldn't shake off the searing internal pain from it all, though. I went into a relationship with a boy in my pain, and my conservative family punished me harshly upon finding out. And finally, my grandfather, a man I was very, very close to, passed away on New Year's Day. A rejection into a forced separation, then a death... and all the while, trying to come to grips with just who the hell I was. Who I am. Why I felt so weird about my body, my self, how people treat me. I fell into a very, very deep depression that... well, I can't say I have fully shaken off yet.

Nights spent crying myself to sleep, thinking of myself as an unlovable freak. I turned to imaginary friends and self-harm. In my mid-teens, still talking to imaginary friends. My mental state was absolutely fuckin' atrocious. I'm on medication now, but it's still not all healed.

I have since come out to my family about my transgender nature. They are displeased, but at the very least they haven't kicked me out or completely scorned me. They reject my identity and my sense of self, which doesn't exactly help the tenuous grip on sanity I've had since age 15. I'm engaged to a lovely man who does his absolute best to try to help me along, and for that I'm incredibly grateful. Of course, it makes more problems for my family since they think I'm a "gay boy" in a mixed race relationship.

I wish I could end my storytelling here on a high note, with things looking bright for the future, some sort of acceptance or understanding coming about, something.
But I can't do that. I don't have that happy ending.

what would you even discuss in an lgbt room lmao.

a thread on cong isn't so bad because of the nature of a forum: people usually post current even type stuff or coming out posts here. even then, this thread is pretty quiet generally. there just isn't much discussion to be had with the topic of "lgbt".
I mean, most discord servers I've been in have active LGBTQ channels. It's a lot easier to have conversation flow in real time than over antiquated threads, but that's just my 2 cents.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Puzzle Hunt Champion

these are the discussion points that are offered by the ace/aro discord server i frequent. ok cooking isnt really a lgbt topic, but there's plenty of discussion. "am i properly ace/aro if i do this", "how do you handle this", and of course the four different servers dedicated to sexuality-related venting and discussing sexuality.

the idea that there'd be nothing to discuss is absurd.

Last edited:

Martin

日本語学生
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Live LGBT chat is fine on private Discord servers because you can control who has access to the server or channel very easily, but the same doesn’t really apply to PS. The big issue with a public PS room is that... well, it’s not private. Anyone can access it without invite, and you have many hundreds of potential chatters from a pool of people which often reaches or exceeds 10k online simultaniously. If you can’t control the flow of people into the room you can’t control the types of people who are talking in your specialist room, and this is the issue that Kris brings up. On a forum it is much easier to control the trolls than it is on PS because you don’t have 10k people online all at once and because it’s much easier to moderate the slow-moving discussion style that comes with using the platform via deletions, infractions and, in particularly bad cases, bans/posting perms modification. On PS your options are to either:
  • Have multiple sets of eyes which are particularly well-trained in identifying more subtle trolls who are constantly looking at the room around the clock to shut down and ban trolls before the conversation moves past them and to deal with ban evasion etc., which has a huge number of logistic issues for obvious reasons.
  • Implement an arbitrary barrier to entry which would likely result in chat inactivity while also being a pain in the ass for ROs or whoever else can promote ppl to keep track of while still being perfectly feasible to circumvent.
On Discord the issue is as simple as removing someone’s access to the channel or IP banning them from the server if they evade by inviting their own alt (assuming they have perms to do this). People can tag the whole mod team without manually typing out/tab completing every name, and it doesn’t need to be as insane wrt moderation. The logistics are just way simpler to manage. This is why such servers are able to do this feasibly, and the above reasons (combined with ‘troll magnet’ status) are why PS can not.

Also if it means anything I disagree with starry blanket’s sentiment that there wouldn’t be anything to talk about in such rooms. It would likely be just like any other PS room (in this context, some political discussion, some advice exchange, some general sex/sexuality discussion, rest regular socialisation)—just that it’d be way more heavily moderated and would likely get more trolls (and more malicious trolls) than lobby.

Today is the Transgender Day of Remembrance.

I don't really have much to say about it, honestly. This day drags me down every year. But it's something that we need to acknowledge. As a transgender woman myself, living in the southern United States, I feel positively terrified reading about all the horrible things that happen to trans people every year. This past year hasn't exactly been stellar, but...they never are.

Here's a (partial) list of everyone we lost this year. It's impossible to record everyone, of course, so this is likely only a fraction of the total count, but I make it a point to read every name on the list each year, anyway.

https://tdor.info

To everyone else here who's part of the transgender community, or even just the LGBT+ community as a whole (because this affects all of us), thank you for existing. I think it's important to remember, today, that we shouldn't just mourn the people we've lost, but celebrate the people we haven't. This is a stronger community than any I've ever seen.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry in a fucking corner.

I mean..I don't see why we should hide? If there's a Japanese, Sports, Chess, Health and Fitness chat, why not an LGBT one? It isn't the point about what would be discussed. It's more of: bring awareness, and as I said before let other LGBT players know they aren't alone. In Fitness and Health they mostly talk about whatever lol

Also, there are trolls in every chat. I'm sure that will never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)