Metagame LGPE OverUsed

I'm having a large portion of difficulty defeating the large metagame threat Pokemon Zapdos. It appears his only weaknesses are Rock and Ice. I could use a little advice.

***I just posted this and it was removed, can someone please explain to me why? I think it is a fair question...***

Hey everyone,

So I am new to the LG Metagame and I've seen that the usage stats for Starter-Pikachu has way more for Hasty than Naive (66% vs like 7%). I have a background in VGC and I am wondering why Hasty is preferred over Naive because isn't -Def bad for priority moves?

Maybe I am missing something about the LG metagame that would explain my confusion? I really want to make sure I have the best natured Pikachu as possible for my battles.

Looking forward to learning and thank you!

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
***I just posted this and it was removed, can someone please explain to me why? I think it is a fair question...***

Hey everyone,

So I am new to the LG Metagame and I've seen that the usage stats for Starter-Pikachu has way more for Hasty than Naive (66% vs like 7%). I have a background in VGC and I am wondering why Hasty is preferred over Naive because isn't -Def bad for priority moves?

Maybe I am missing something about the LG metagame that would explain my confusion? I really want to make sure I have the best natured Pikachu as possible for my battles.

Looking forward to learning and thank you!
I removed it because I already answered it in full and gave more detail in a further DM- it's not necessary here anymore

I removed it because I already answered it in full and gave more detail in a further DM- it's not necessary here anymore
Ah I get it. Well shouldn't we leave it up for others to chime in on it? Maybe they can express other opinions/this info can benefit someone else in the future.

Also, cool if I post your reply here for others to discuss, etc?

McCoolDude

Just a fat shark
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Ah I get it. Well shouldn't we leave it up for others to chime in on it? Maybe they can express other opinions/this info can benefit someone else in the future.

Also, cool if I post your reply here for others to discuss, etc?
I can add a little to it.

The only really relevant priority is ice shard from A-slash and sucker punch from A-Dugtrio. Hasty does not really change those rolls.

However, even the weakest earthquake (I plugged in Onix, who has a similar physical attack to Oddish) is nearly guaranteed to KO even without Hasty.

However, Pika-s actually can live some special attacks from full if it doesn't use Naive. If it can get a single calm mind, it starts to live some of the strongest special attacks in the game (actually lives m-zam's psychic after rocks at +1).

Basically, there's no relevant priority that threatens pika-s enough to warrant keeping defense, and there are few relevant physical attacks pika-s could live. (One example being DIB, where hasty makes the roll 50% to KO after rocks). However there are numerous instances where pika-s might be able to live a special attack, and it gets CM, so boosting SpD to a passable level might actually be doable.

I can add a little to it.

The only really relevant priority is ice shard from A-slash and sucker punch from A-Dugtrio. Hasty does not really change those rolls.

However, even the weakest earthquake (I plugged in Onix, who has a similar physical attack to Oddish) is nearly guaranteed to KO even without Hasty.

However, Pika-s actually can live some special attacks from full if it doesn't use Naive. If it can get a single calm mind, it starts to live some of the strongest special attacks in the game (actually lives m-zam's psychic after rocks at +1).

Basically, there's no relevant priority that threatens pika-s enough to warrant keeping defense, and there are few relevant physical attacks pika-s could live. (One example being DIB, where hasty makes the roll 50% to KO after rocks). However there are numerous instances where pika-s might be able to live a special attack, and it gets CM, so boosting SpD to a passable level might actually be doable.
Thanks so much for the reply man! Very convincing and I totally get why Hasty is better now.

Could you please clarify what you mean by DIB though? Idk that acronym.

Thanks!

So no EVs exist in LGPE OU, and to my knowledge, candyless is the most popular meta in LGPE. But couldn't candy sort of make up for the lack of EVs? As long as the community regulated use of candy something similar could be concocted.

For every 4 EVs you gain 1 stat point, at least when your pokemon is at level 100. If it's level 50 capped I'm sure these numbers can be cut in half.
252 EVs/4=63 points
Perhaps for a Pokemon like Chansey, who typically has an EV spread of 248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD in USUM, this could be converted to 62 HP/63 Def/2 SpD to make up for lack of EVs.

If I'm mistaken because AVs interfere with this, please let me know. I'm not too educated on the Let's Go meta, admittedly.

Does anyone know why the LGPE OU ladder has been removed? It's not even an option to challenge players with it.

The OU ruleset emulates the "Normal Rules" from cart wifi battles, which make every Pokemon level 50, and removes all AVs.
Ah I see, I wasn't aware AVs are removed online. In that case, how do people play the candied meta?

Ah I see, I wasn't aware AVs are removed online. In that case, how do people play the candied meta?
On cart, there is another ruleset, the "Unrestricted" ruleset. Basically no restrictions on Happiness, level, and AVs.

On Showdown, there used to be a challenge option for Unrestricted matches, but that was yeeted out during the LGPE ladder purge. You can still play them on the Nexus server (which is Eze's server, link here: http://nexus.psim.us/)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)