Liar Game Tournament - Expression of Interest

Hello, friends, today I am typing in proper spelling and grammar because this is very serious business. I plan to run a game inspired by popular manga series Liar Game. For those of you not in the know (shame on you), the series centres around the Liar Game Tournament, which is a series of games meant to test the players' intelligence, perception, persuasion and manipulation. Money plays a large role in the LGT, as competitors risk entering massive debt if they lose. As this game will not be played with real money, it will be run a bit differently.

Some of you may find this game very natural to play. It is, in some regards, similar to Bass' cereal murder, as well as a combination of regular mafia and Smogon mafia. It is an ambitious endeavour, which is why I have employed good users billymills and Bass to assist me with its creation. However, this game cannot run without the support of the Smogon community. What we promise is a well-run game, one that should remind you of games played in the past, designed to evoke memories of legendary games past such as Zelda Mafia.

What I need from you guys is an expression of interest - would you be keen on playing a game like this? Some of the game has already been designed - I can tell you now that it will run in a sort of double elimination format so everyone gets a turn - much like the actual Liar Game Tournament (except nobody normal wants to actually participate in that one), and that we have brainstormed games both new and old. I'm looking a lot at game theory when designing this game - concepts such as the prisoner's dilemma are playing a big role in these games.

Have at it guys, feel free to offer advice or criticism (there's not really much to criticise right now).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)