Lileep (BW2 Update) [GP 2/2]

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[Overview]

<p>Lileep stands out as traditionally one of the best walls in Little Cup. A good stat variation, adequate typing that provides it a defensive boost in sandstorm, access to Stealth Rock, and a slew of other options generally leave little to be desired, letting Lileep check a variety of Pokemon, with the exception of Fighting-types. Lileep can bend to fit what the team needs; for example, on a sandstorm team, it can serve as a special sponge, while it can act as a hazard setter and mixed wall on a team without Hippopotas. Although it does possess a crippling weakness to Fighting-type moves and an annoying neutrality to Fire-type attacks, it is still capable of making the most of its intricate set of resistances, acting as a check to nigh all bulky Water-types, powerhouses such as Murkrow and Misdreavus, and opposing walls due to its good recovery options, Giga Drain and Recover. Nonetheless, it still needs some help from the team to unleash its full potential, so it may be wise to look before you leep.</p>

[SET]
name: Tank
move 1: Giga Drain
move 2: Recover
move 3: Stealth Rock / AncientPower
move 4: Toxic
item: Eviolite
ability: Storm Drain
nature: Bold
evs: 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With the combination of Storm Drain, venerable typing, and a wide movepool, Lileep has the potential to become a fantastic sponge for LC balance teams. With Giga Drain, it deals surprising damage to Chinchou, Staryu, and plenty of other common Pokemon. This works in conjunction with Recover to keep Lileep healthy throughout the match while the opponent may suffer from repeatedly switching into Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Lileep does that too, and it pulls it off with aplomb. Lileep is rarely immediately forced out early-game, and is thus a wise candidate for setting up Stealth Rock. However, if the team already has Stealth Rock support, AncientPower can be a wise choice to bust Murkrow, Larvesta, Ponyta, and perhaps nab a convenient stat boost.</p>

<p>This particular set has a few merits. Primarily, Lileep is one of the best Drilbur answers around; it has STAB Giga Drain, gains a boost from sandstorm, and fears only the increasingly rare X-Scissor from the mole. Furthermore, it is a fantastic choice for setting up Stealth Rock, as it beats the two most common Rapid Spin users, Staryu and Drilbur, one on one (the former with absolutely no effort). Toxic rounds out the set nicely due to the late-game pace of LC. The switch-ins Lileep baits are generally predictable, and scoring an early Toxic on a Mienfoo or a Misdreavus can be paramount to winning later in the game.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Initially, Hidden Power Rock may seem superior to AncientPower due to its higher PP and power, but it is actually inferior as it messes with Lileep's IVs, which in turn corrupts this fantastic EV spread. On the other hand, Hidden Power Fire is an option, as it blasts Ferroseed and Snover, who may think they can switch in without trouble <seemed kind of abrupt before>. If this Lileep is being used on a sandstorm team, Hippopotas should take care of Stealth Rock, giving Lileep an extra slot with which it can do a few nifty things. Barrier and Stockpile both become viable, as Lileep becomes a true monster when it has sandstorm support and the opponent's Fighting-types are removed. Alternatively, Lileep is free to use AncientPower alongside Toxic, which ensures it can best all variants of Murkrow.</p>

<p>Coincidentally, Lileep also fears Toxic, and a cleric is thus a wise teammate. Chinchou is a good choice, possessing passable synergy with Lileep and executing the RestTalk + Heal Bell strategy with style. Lileep also needs a teammate that isn't afraid of Fighting-types; Misdreavus, Drifloon, Larvesta, Ponyta, and Shelmet all make good choices for their own reasons. In turn, Lileep can provide Stealth Rock to aid sweepers, including Drifloon, Dratini, and Scraggy. Lileep also needs a Scraggy check of its own around, and both Mienfoo and Croagunk work well. Natu can act as a hard stop to other Grass-types, such as Foongus and Shroomish, that try to beat Lileep via status, and it can work conveniently on teams that can't afford to give a spot to a spinner. Murkrow is arguably one of the best offensive partners for Lileep, as offensive Murkrow struggles to break only a few walls <seems kind of weird to talk about murkrow singular and the plural, so I changed struggle to struggles>, such as Chinchou and Eviolite Archen, which Lileep can take on handily.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Stockpile and Barrier are both useful in their own rights, but are difficult to execute perfectly due to the prevalence of three things: Fighting-types, Toxic, and Knock Off. A spread of 228 HP / 156 Def / 32 SpA / 72 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm nature provides more HP and balanced stats across the board, but it does so at the cost of hitting numbers that make the most of Eviolite. Hidden Power Ice could surprise Dratini while maintaining a super effective hit on Murkrow and a neutral one on Snover. Lileep's potential as a Baton Pass recipient should not be forgotten; it has Suction Cups, along with Stockpile or Barrier, and passable Special Attack, meaning Drifloon can pass it a few Calm Minds and a sweep can be attempted. It should be noted that this strategy is relatively unreliable, however. Other than that, Lileep struggles to find much variation in its moveslots; however, the spread can, of course, be tailored depending on the team, and whether or not a few more points in Defense or Special Defense would be more useful.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Mienfoo is the most common check to Lileep, not fearing its attacks due to Regenerator and Drain Punch. Magnemite takes a pittance from anything Lileep throws at it, and possesses a super effective Flash Cannon and Volt Switch to maintain momentum. A surprise Ice-type move from a Water-type, such as Blizzard from Chinchou or Ice Beam from Staryu, could catch Lileep off guard as it switches in. Scraggy can set up Dragon Dances all day on Lileep, and isn't afraid of Toxic due to Shed Skin. Croagunk has Drain Punch, but has to be careful because it is slightly weaker than the other Fighting-types. Larvesta has a super effective STAB U-turn, but must be wary of AncientPower. Toxic is probably the biggest threat to Lileep, as it shuts down its stalling potential long term. Will-O-Wisp from Misdreavus can work well in a pinch as well. Snover removes the sandstorm that Lileep loves and does massive damage to it with Blizzard. Timburr actually enjoys taking the Toxic from Lileep, as does Dratini, although the latter is relatively weak until it gets set up. Natu reflects Stealth Rock, and it can Roost through AncientPower's PP, provided Lileep does not accrue too many boosts.</p>

Nah, I'm not okay with this set at all. Never slash Toxic; that should be the only option on Lileep. Stealth Rock is where the slashes should go. The spread needs to be more physically defensive as well in order to better check Drilbur, Murkrow, etc.

It should be:

move 3: Stealth Rock / Ancientpower
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Bold

with HP Fire in the AC, imo.

Ray Jay

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I fixed the spread, but I think this is most definitely the right moveslots after messing with Lileep on every team. Some teams love Toxic support from Lileep. On others, it contrasts greatly with the purpose of the team (Hypnosis Drifloon, now incredibly common, comes to mind). I don't see why we'd slash Stealth Rock at all when that's frankly a massive part of its niche on most modern balance teams (Ferroseed lacks the reliable recovery of Lileep; ie, Lileep is the best choice of a Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock against the most common spinners.

(If my opinion isn't allowed/welcomed I can delete this)

Stealth Rock is good if you use it on a non-sandstorm team. But honestly, Toxic would be much better since Lileep could win stall wars. Maybe slash Toxic / HP Fire and then SR / AncientPower or AncientPower / SR. That way it's fittable to each team's specific needs.

I actually agree. I don't think Stealth Rock should be an option on its own, because there are a lot of Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock (like Hippopotas, who will be on many teams Lileep is on). I mean it's not a huge deal, and if you wanted to you could just slash AncientPower next to both of them or something and mention how the choice is largely team dependent, but if I had to choose between slashing AP with SR or Toxic, it'd be SR :(

ily :( <3

[qc]1/3[/qc]

EDIT: oh uh you could probably mention magnemite in counters except against hp fire? pawniard too i guess but idk lolpawniard

I agree with ^, Magnemite walls this thing to hell if it doesn't have HP Fire. Drop a mention in AC about having something to kill it and other Steel-types. Also, remove the mention of "bar HP Rock" in Set Comments, that move is poo and shouldn't be used ever.

Otherwise, you have my N/A imaginary QC stamp that I can't give.

breh

強いだね
Can you mention a more offensive Lileep? I used to run max (or whatever the necessary EV amount is) Modest on a sand team a while back and had a good bit of fun with it. It hits hard after a Storm Drain boost. Giga Drain / HP Fire / Ancientpower / Recover is what I ran, for reference.

Ray Jay

Can you mention a more offensive Lileep? I used to run max (or whatever the necessary EV amount is) Modest on a sand team a while back and had a good bit of fun with it. It hits hard after a Storm Drain boost. Giga Drain / HP Fire / Ancientpower / Recover is what I ran, for reference.
Yeah, I'll give it a mention, still need 2 more QC checks.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i want an hp rock mention cause ancient power pp sucks (though i would still always use ancientpower lol). also slash ancient power on either sr or toxic, some teams dont want or like the toxic support from lileep, and would much rather use it for rocks and double attacks. everything else is cool

also what happened to the 228 / 140 / 140 spread, i liked that one more :(

[qc]3/3[/qc]

No HP Rock mention, ever. The PP doesn't fucking matter compared to the stats you lose. I do agree that Ancientpower might deserve a slash over Toxic as well.

Please add Earth Power to the AC. It's a good way to get around Magnemite and Croagunk, and really just incredibly satisfying. Remove mention of HP Fire from the Set Comments. That belongs in the AC. Remove mentions of Stockpile and Barrier in the AC. That belongs in OO. I would definitely put a more offensive set in the OO as well, as breh mentioned. What's also the point of your OO spread? Does it do anything significant? If not, please remove the mention of it--I don't exactly know what it does, and if it's not hitting Eviolite numbers that's a problem as well. It's an entire stat point you miss out on.

QC 4/3

Ray Jay

I'm admittedly very busy right now irl, would someone be willing to vm me and just write this up? It's not incredibly long, and I think my outline will help you quite a bit. I'd also like to include new blood and new writers, k thx~

Ray Jay

You're all lazy so I just wrote this. GP whenever please

I'm dumb and triple post

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amateur check.

Remove
Add
Comments

[Overview]
<p>Lileep stands out as traditionally one of the best walls in Little Cup. A good stat variation, adequate typing that provides it a defensive boost in sandstorm, access to Stealth Rock, and a mess of other options generally leaves little to be desired in the way of checks to a variety of Pokemon, with the exception of Fighting-types. Lileep bends to fit what the team needs. For example, on a sandstorm team, it can serve as a special sponge; meanwhile, it can act as a hazard setter and mixed wall on a team without Hippopotas. Although it does possess a crippling weakness to Fighting-type moves and an annoying neutrality to Fire-type attacks, it is still capable of making the most of its intricate set of resistances, acting as a check to nigh all bulky Water-types, powerhouses such as Murkrow and Misdreavus, and opposing walls due to its good recovery options, Giga Drain and Recover. Nonetheless, it still needs some help from the team to unleash its full potential, so it may be wise to look before you leep.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With the combination of Storm Drain, venerable typing, and a wide movepool, Lileep has the potential to become a fantastic sponge for LC balance teams. With Giga Drain, it deals surprising damage to Chinchou, Staryu, and plenty of other common Pokemon. This works in conjunction with Recover to keep Lileep alive throughout the match while the opponent may suffer from repeatedly switching into Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Lileep does that too, and it pulls it off with aplomb. Lileep rarely is rarely immediately forced out early game, and thus is thus a wise candidate for setting up Stealth Rock. However, if the team already has Stealth Rock support, AncientPower can be a wise choice to bust Murkrow, Larvesta, Ponyta, and perhaps nab a convenient stat boost.</p>

<p>This particular set has a few merits. Primarily, Lileep is one of the best Drilbur answers around; it has STAB Giga Drain, gains a boost from sandstorm, and fears only the increasingly rare X-Scissor from the mole. Furthermore, it is a fantastic choice for setting up Stealth Rock, as it beats the two most common Rapid Spin users, Staryu and Drilbur, one on one (the former with absolutely no effort). Toxic rounds out the set nicely due to the late game pace of LC. The switch-ins Lileep baits are generally predictable, and scoring an early Toxic on a Mienfoo or a Misdreavus can be paramount to winning later in the game.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Initially, Hidden Power Rock may seem superior to AncientPower due to higher PP and power, but it is actually inferior as it messes with Lileep's IVs, which in turn corrupts this fantastic EV spread. Hidden Power Fire is an option, as it blasts Ferroseed and Snover, who may think they can switch in without trouble. If this Lileep is being used on a sandstorm team, Hippopotas should take care of Stealth Rock,. Then, leaving Lileep is (that sentence felt a bit off putting :/) free to do a few nifty things. Barrier and Stockpile both become viable, as Lileep becomes a true monster when it has sandstorm support and the opponent's Fighting-types are removed. Alternatively, Lileep is free to use AncientPower alongside Toxic, which ensures it can best all variants of Murkrow.</p>

<p>Coincidentally, Lileep also fears Toxic, and a cleric is thus a wise teammate. Chinchou is a good choice, possessing passable synergy with Lileep and executing the RestTalk + Heal Bell strategy with style. Lileep also needs a teammate that isn't afraid of Fighting-types; Misdreavus, Drifloon, Larvesta, Ponyta, and Shelmet all make good choices for their own reasons. In turn, Lileep can provide Stealth Rock to aid sweepers, including Drifloon, Dratini, and Scraggy. Lileep also needs a Scraggy check of its own around, and both Mienfoo and Croagunk work well. Natu can act as a hard stop to other Grass-types, such as Foongus and Shroomish, that try to beat Lileep via status, and it can work conveniently on teams that can't afford giving a spot to a spinner. Murkrow is arguably one of the best offensive partners for Lileep, as offensive Murkrow struggles to break just a few walls, such as Chinchou and Eviolite Archen, which Lileep can take on handily.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Stockpile and Barrier are both useful in their own right, but are difficult to execute perfectly due to the prevalence of three things: Fighting-types, Toxic, and Knock Off. A spread of 228 HP / 156 Def / 32 SpA / 72 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm nature provides more HP and balanced stats across the board, but it does so at the cost of hitting numbers that make the most of Eviolite. Hidden Power Ice could surprise Dratini while maintaining a super effective hit on Murkrow and a neutral one on Snover. Lileep's potential as a Baton Pass receiver (I'm curious as to whether or not the correct word is "recipient") also should not be forgotten. It has Suction Cups, along with Stockpile or Barrier, and passable Special Attack, meaning Drifloon can pass it a few Calm Minds and a sweep can be attempted. It should be noted that this strategy is relatively unreliable, however. Other than that, Lileep struggles to find much variation in its moveslots; the spread can of course be tailored depending on the team, however, and whether or not a few more points in Defense or Special Defense would be more useful., however. (iffy wording ._.)</p>

[Checks and Counters]
<p>Mienfoo is the most common check to Lileep, not fearing its attacks due to Regenerator and Drain Punch. Magnemite takes a pittance from anything Lileep throws at it, and possesses a super effective Flash Cannon and Volt Switch to maintain momentum. A surprise Ice-type move from a Water-type, such as Blizzard from Chinchou or Ice Beam from Staryu, could catch Lileep off guard as it switches in. Scraggy can set up Dragon Dances all day on Lileep, and isn't afraid of Toxic due to Shed Skin. Croagunk has Drain Punch, but has to be careful because it is slightly weaker than the other Fighting-types. Larvesta has a super effective STAB U-turn, but must be wary of AncientPower. Toxic is probably the biggest threat to Lileep, as it shuts down its stalling potential long term. Will-O-Wisp from Misdreavus can work well in a pinch, also. Snover removes the sandstorm that Lileep loves, and does massive damage to it with Blizzard. Timburr actually enjoys taking the Toxic from Lileep, as does Dratini, although the latter is relatively weak until it gets set up. Natu reflects Stealth Rock, and it can Roost through AncientPower's PP, provided Lileep does not accrue too many boosts.</p>

EDIT: Hai, world's biggest moron here. I hadn't realized I had to wait for an implementation to do an amcheck, so you can just ignore it if you don't like it or use it if you do. It writes over rory's check anyway so it's not a big deal

I wanna do an amcheck too ;_;

Remove
Add
Comments

[Overview]
<p>Lileep stands out as traditionally one of the best mixed walls in Little Cup. A good stat variation, adequate typing that provides it a specially-defensive boost in sandstorm, access to Stealth Rock, and a mess of other options generally leaves little to be desired in the way of checks to a variety of Pokemon, with the exception of Fighting-types. Lileep bends to fit what the team needs. For example, on a sandstorm team, it can serve as a special sponge; meanwhile, it can act as a hazard setter and mixed wall on a team without Hippopotas. Although it does possess a crippling weakness to Fighting-type moves and an annoying neutrality to Fire-type attacks, it is still capable of making the most of its intricate set of resistances, acting as a check to nigh all bulky Water-types, powerhouses such as Murkrow and Misdreavus, and opposing walls due to its good recovery options, Giga Drain and Recover. Nonetheless, it still needs some help from the team to unleash its full potential, so it may be wise to look before you leep.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With the combination of Storm Drain, venerable typing, and a wide movepool, Lileep has the potential to become a fantastic sponge for LC balance teams. With Giga Drain, it deals surprising damage to Chinchou, Staryu, and plenty of other common Pokemon. This works in conjunction with Recover to keep Lileep alive throughout the match while the opponent may suffer from repeatedly switching into Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Lileep does that too, and it pulls it off with aplomb great finese. Lileep is rarely immediately forced out early game, and is thus a wise candidate for setting up Stealth Rock. However, if the team already has Stealth Rock support, AncientPower can be a wise choice to bust Murkrow, Larvesta, Ponyta, and perhaps nab a convenient stat boost.</p>

<p>This particular set has a few merits. Primarily, Lileep is one of the best Drilbur answers around; it has STAB Giga Drain, gains a boost from sandstorm, and fears only the increasingly rare X-Scissor from the mole. Furthermore, it is a fantastic choice for setting up Stealth Rock, as it beats the two most common Rapid Spin users, Staryu and Drilbur, one on one (the former with absolutely no effort). Toxic rounds out the set nicely due to the late game pace of LC. The switch-ins Lileep baits are generally predictable, and scoring an early Toxic on a Mienfoo or a Misdreavus can be paramount to winning later in the game.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Initially, Hidden Power Rock may seem superior to AncientPower due to higher PP and power, but it is actually inferior as it messes with Lileep's IVs, which in turn corrupts this fantastic EV spread. Hidden Power Fire is an option, as it blasts Ferroseed and Snover, who may think they can switch in without trouble. If this Lileep is being used on a sandstorm team, Hippopotas should take care of Stealth Rock, leaving Lileep free to do a few nifty things. Barrier and Stockpile both become viable, as Lileep becomes a true monster when it has sandstorm support and the opponent's Fighting-types are removed. Alternatively, Lileep is free to use AncientPower alongside Toxic, which ensures it can best all variants of Murkrow.</p>

<p>Coincidentally, Lileep also fears Toxic, and a cleric is thus a wise teammate. Chinchou is a good choice, possessing passable synergy with Lileep and executing the RestTalk + Heal Bell strategy with style. Lileep also needs a teammate that isn't afraid of Fighting-types; Misdreavus, Drifloon, Larvesta, Ponyta, and Shelmet all make good choices for their own reasons. In turn, Lileep can provide Stealth Rock to aid sweepers, including Drifloon, Dratini, and Scraggy. Lileep also needs a Scraggy check of its own around, and both Mienfoo and Croagunk work well. Natu can act as a hard stop to other Grass-types, such as Foongus and Shroomish, that try to beat Lileep via status, and it can work conveniently on teams that can't afford giving a spot to a spinner. Murkrow is arguably one of the best offensive partners for Lileep, as offensive Murkrow struggles to break just a few walls, such as Chinchou and Eviolite Archen, which Lileep can take on handily.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Stockpile and Barrier are both useful in their own right, but are difficult to execute perfectly due to the prevalence of three things: Fighting-types, Toxic, and Knock Off. A spread of 228 HP / 156 Def / 32 SpA / 72 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm nature provides more HP and balanced stats across the board, but it does so at the cost of hitting numbers that do not make the most of Eviolite. Hidden Power Ice could surprise Dratini while maintaining a super effective hit on Murkrow and a neutral one on Snover. Lileep's potential as a Baton Pass receiver recipient also should not be forgotten. It has Suction Cups, along with Stockpile or Barrier, and passable Special Attack, meaning Drifloon can pass it a few Calm Minds and a sweep can be attempted. It should be noted that this strategy is relatively unreliable, however. Other than that, Lileep struggles to find much variation in its moveslots; the spread can of course be tailored depending on the team and whether or not a few more points in Defense or Special Defense would be more useful, however.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
<p>Mienfoo is the most common check to Lileep, not fearing its attacks due to Regenerator and Drain Punch. Magnemite takes a pittance almost nothing from anything Lileep throws at it, and possesses a super effective Flash Cannon and Volt Switch to maintain momentum. A surprise Ice-type move from a Water-type, such as Blizzard from Chinchou or Ice Beam from Staryu, could catch Lileep off guard as it switches in. Scraggy can set up Dragon Dances all day on Lileep, and isn't afraid of Toxic due to Shed Skin. Croagunk has Drain Punch, but has to be careful because it is slightly weaker than the other Fighting-types. Larvesta has a super effective STAB U-turn, but must be wary of AncientPower. Toxic is probably the biggest threat to Lileep, as it shuts down its stalling potential long term. Will-O-Wisp from Misdreavus can work well in a pinch, also. Snover removes the sandstorm that Lileep loves, and does massive damage to it with Blizzard. Timburr actually enjoys taking the Toxic from Lileep, as does Dratini, although the latter is relatively weak until it gets set up. Natu reflects Stealth Rock, and it can Roost through AncientPower's PP, provided Lileep does not accrue obtain too many boosts.</p>

(As eccentric as your word choices are, some of them are confusing and not everyone will immediately know what they mean :/)

Most of your changes were, as you said, word changes that were not required as his word choices were perfectly reasonable. Also some other changes were wrong, like misspelling finesse and adding specially defensive with a hyphen
[Overview]
<p>Lileep stands out as traditionally one of the best walls in Little Cup. A good stat variation, adequate typing that provides it a defensive boost in sandstorm, access to Stealth Rock, and a mess of other options generally leave little to be desired in the way of, letting Lileep checks to a variety of Pokemon, with the exception of Fighting-types. Lileep can bends to fit what the team needs. For example, on a sandstorm team, it can serve as a special sponge; meanwhile, it can act as a hazard setter and mixed wall on a team without Hippopotas. Although it does possess a crippling weakness to Fighting-type moves and an annoying neutrality to Fire-type attacks, it is still capable of making the most of its intricate set of resistances, acting as a check to nigh all bulky Water-types, powerhouses such as Murkrow and Misdreavus, and opposing walls due to its good recovery options, Giga Drain, and Recover. Nonetheless, it still needs some help from the team to unleash its full potential, so it may be wise to look before you leep.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With the combination of Storm Drain, venerable typing, and a wide movepool, Lileep has the potential to become a fantastic sponge for LC balance teams. With Giga Drain, it deals surprising damage to Chinchou, Staryu, and plenty of other common Pokemon. This works in conjunction with Recover to keep Lileep healthy throughout the match while the opponent may suffer from repeatedly switching into Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Lileep does that too, and it pulls it off with aplomb. Lileep is rarely immediately forced out early game, and is thus a wise candidate for setting up Stealth Rock. However, if the team already has Stealth Rock support, AncientPower can be a wise choice to bust Murkrow, Larvesta, Ponyta, and perhaps nab a convenient stat boost.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Initially, Hidden Power Rock may seem superior to AncientPower due to higher PP and power, but it is actually inferior as it messes with Lileep's IVs, which in turn corrupts this fantastic EV spread. Hidden Power Fire is an option, as it blasts Ferroseed and Snover, who may think they can switch in without trouble. If this Lileep is being used on a sandstorm team, Hippopotas should take care of Stealth Rock, giving Lileep an extra slot with which it can do a few nifty things. Barrier and Stockpile both become viable, as Lileep becomes a true monster when it has sandstorm support and the opponent's Fighting-types are removed. Alternatively, Lileep is free to use AncientPower alongside Toxic, which ensures it can best all variants of Murkrow.</p>

<p>Coincidentally, Lileep also fears Toxic, and a cleric is thus a wise teammate. Chinchou is a good choice, possessing passable synergy with Lileep and executing the RestTalk + Heal Bell strategy with style. Lileep also needs a teammate that isn't afraid of Fighting-types; Misdreavus, Drifloon, Larvesta, Ponyta, and Shelmet all make good choices for their own reasons. In turn, Lileep can provide Stealth Rock to aid sweepers, including Drifloon, Dratini, and Scraggy. Lileep also needs a Scraggy check of its own around, and both Mienfoo and Croagunk work well. Natu can act as a hard stop to other Grass-types, such as Foongus and Shroomish, that try to beat Lileep via status, and it can work conveniently on teams that can't afford givingto give a spot to a spinner. Murkrow is arguably one of the best offensive partners for Lileep, as offensive Murkrow struggle to break just a few walls, such as Chinchou and Eviolite Archen, which Lileep can take on handily.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Stockpile and Barrier are both useful in their own right, but are difficult to execute perfectly due to the prevalence of three things: Fighting-types, Toxic, and Knock Off. A spread of 228 HP / 156 Def / 32 SpA / 72 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm nature provides more HP and balanced stats across the board, but it does so at the cost of hitting numbers that make the most of Eviolite. Hidden Power Ice could surprise Dratini while maintaining a super effective hit on Murkrow and a neutral one on Snover. Lileep's potential as a Baton Pass recipient also should not be forgotten. It has Suction Cups, along with Stockpile or Barrier, and passable Special Attack, meaning Drifloon can pass it a few Calm Minds and a sweep can be attempted. It should be noted that this strategy is relatively unreliable, however. Other than that, Lileep struggles to find much variation in its moveslots; however, the spread can of course be tailored depending on the team, and whether or not a few more points in Defense or Special Defense would be more useful.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
<p>Mienfoo is the most common check to Lileep, not fearing its attacks due to Regenerator and Drain Punch. Magnemite takes a pittance from anything Lileep throws at it, and possesses a super effective Flash Cannon and Volt Switch to maintain momentum. A surprise Ice-type move from a Water-type, such as Blizzard from Chinchou or Ice Beam from Staryu, could catch Lileep off guard as it switches in. Scraggy can set up Dragon Dances all day on Lileep, and isn't afraid of Toxic due to Shed Skin. Croagunk has Drain Punch, but has to be careful because it is slightly weaker than the other Fighting-types. Larvesta has a super effective STAB U-turn, but must be wary of AncientPower. Toxic is probably the biggest threat to Lileep, as it shuts down its stalling potential long term. Will-O-Wisp from Misdreavus can work well in a pinch, also. Snover removes the sandstorm that Lileep loves, and does massive damage to it with Blizzard. Timburr actually enjoys taking the Toxic from Lileep, as does Dratini, although the latter is relatively weak until it gets set up. Natu reflects Stealth Rock, and it can Roost through AncientPower's PP, provided Lileep does not accrue too many boosts.</p>

[Overview]
<p>Lileep stands out as traditionally one of the best walls in Little Cup. A good stat variation, adequate typing that provides it a defensive boost in sandstorm, access to Stealth Rock, and a mess of other options generally leave little to be desired, letting Lileep check a variety of Pokemon, with the exception of Fighting-types. Lileep can bend to fit what the team needs. For example, on a sandstorm team, it can serve as a special sponge; meanwhile, it can act as a hazard setter and mixed wall on a team without Hippopotas. Although it does possess a crippling weakness to Fighting-type moves and an annoying neutrality to Fire-type attacks, it is still capable of making the most of its intricate set of resistances, acting as a check to nigh all bulky Water-types, powerhouses such as Murkrow and Misdreavus, and opposing walls due to its good recovery options, Giga Drain, and Recover. Nonetheless, it still needs some help from the team to unleash its full potential, so it may be wise to look before you leep.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With the combination of Storm Drain, venerable typing, and a wide movepool, Lileep has the potential to become a fantastic sponge for LC balance teams. With Giga Drain, it deals surprising damage to Chinchou, Staryu, and plenty of other common Pokemon. This works in conjunction with Recover to keep Lileep healthy throughout the match while the opponent may suffer from repeatedly switching into Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Lileep does that too, and it pulls it off with aplomb. Lileep is rarely immediately forced out early game, and is thus a wise candidate for setting up Stealth Rock. However, if the team already has Stealth Rock support, AncientPower can be a wise choice to bust Murkrow, Larvesta, Ponyta, and perhaps nab a convenient stat boost.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>Initially, Hidden Power Rock may seem superior to AncientPower due to higher PP and power, but it is actually inferior as it messes with Lileep's IVs, which in turn corrupts this fantastic EV spread. Hidden Power Fire is an option, as it blasts Ferroseed and Snover, who may think they can switch in without trouble. If this Lileep is being used on a sandstorm team, Hippopotas should take care of Stealth Rock, giving Lileep an extra slot with which it can do a few nifty things. Barrier and Stockpile both become viable, as Lileep becomes a true monster when it has sandstorm support and the opponent's Fighting-types are removed. Alternatively, Lileep is free to use AncientPower alongside Toxic, which ensures it can best all variants of Murkrow.</p>

<p>Coincidentally, Lileep also fears Toxic, and a cleric is thus a wise teammate. Chinchou is a good choice, possessing passable synergy with Lileep and executing the RestTalk + Heal Bell strategy with style. Lileep also needs a teammate that isn't afraid of Fighting-types; Misdreavus, Drifloon, Larvesta, Ponyta, and Shelmet all make good choices for their own reasons. In turn, Lileep can provide Stealth Rock to aid sweepers, including Drifloon, Dratini, and Scraggy. Lileep also needs a Scraggy check of its own around, and both Mienfoo and Croagunk work well. Natu can act as a hard stop to other Grass-types, such as Foongus and Shroomish, that try to beat Lileep via status, and it can work conveniently on teams that can't afford to give a spot to a spinner. Murkrow is arguably one of the best offensive partners for Lileep, as offensive Murkrow struggle to break just a few walls, such as Chinchou and Eviolite Archen, which Lileep can take on handily.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Stockpile and Barrier are both useful in their own right, but are difficult to execute perfectly due to the prevalence of three things: Fighting-types, Toxic, and Knock Off. A spread of 228 HP / 156 Def / 32 SpA / 72 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm nature provides more HP and balanced stats across the board, but it does so at the cost of hitting numbers that make the most of Eviolite. Hidden Power Ice could surprise Dratini while maintaining a super effective hit on Murkrow and a neutral one on Snover. Lileep's potential as a Baton Pass recipient also should not be forgotten. It has Suction Cups, along with Stockpile or Barrier, and passable Special Attack, meaning Drifloon can pass it a few Calm Minds and a sweep can be attempted. It should be noted that this strategy is relatively unreliable, however. Other than that, Lileep struggles to find much variation in its moveslots; however, the spread can of course be tailored depending on the team, and whether or not a few more points in Defense or Special Defense would be more useful.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

[gp]1/2[/gp]

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
mememe
[Overview]

<p>Lileep stands out as traditionally one of the best walls in Little Cup. A good stat variation, adequate typing that provides it a defensive boost in sandstorm, access to Stealth Rock, and a messslew of other options generally leave little to be desired, letting Lileep check a variety of Pokemon, with the exception of Fighting-types. Lileep can bend to fit what the team needs. F; for example, on a sandstorm team, it can serve as a special sponge; mean, while, it can act as a hazard setter and mixed wall on a team without Hippopotas. Although it does possess a crippling weakness to Fighting-type moves and an annoying neutrality to Fire-type attacks, it is still capable of making the most of its intricate set of resistances, acting as a check to nigh all bulky Water-types, powerhouses such as Murkrow and Misdreavus, and opposing walls due to its good recovery options, Giga Drain, and Recover. Nonetheless, it still needs some help from the team to unleash its full potential, so it may be wise to look before you leep.</p>

[SET]
Iitem: Eviolite
Aability: Storm Drain
Nnature: Bold

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With the combination of Storm Drain, venerable typing, and a wide movepool, Lileep has the potential to become a fantastic sponge for LC balance teams. With Giga Drain, it deals surprising damage to Chinchou, Staryu, and plenty of other common Pokemon. This works in conjunction with Recover to keep Lileep healthy throughout the match while the opponent may suffer from repeatedly switching into Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Lileep does that too, and it pulls it off with aplomb. Lileep is rarely immediately forced out early -game, and is thus a wise candidate for setting up Stealth Rock. However, if the team already has Stealth Rock support, AncientPower can be a wise choice to bust Murkrow, Larvesta, Ponyta, and perhaps nab a convenient stat boost.</p>

<p>This particular set has a few merits. Primarily, Lileep is one of the best Drilbur answers around; it has STAB Giga Drain, gains a boost from sandstorm, and fears only the increasingly rare X-Scissor from the mole. Furthermore, it is a fantastic choice for setting up Stealth Rock, as it beats the two most common Rapid Spin users, Staryu and Drilbur, one on one (the former with absolutely no effort). Toxic rounds out the set nicely due to the late -game pace of LC. The switch-ins Lileep baits are generally predictable, and scoring an early Toxic on a Mienfoo or a Misdreavus can be paramount to winning later in the game.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Initially, Hidden Power Rock may seem superior to AncientPower due to its higher PP and power, but it is actually inferior as it messes with Lileep's IVs, which in turn corrupts this fantastic EV spread. On the other hand, Hidden Power Fire is an option, as it blasts Ferroseed and Snover, who may think they can switch in without trouble. If this Lileep is being used on a sandstorm team, Hippopotas should take care of Stealth Rock, giving Lileep an extra slot with which it can do a few nifty things. Barrier and Stockpile both become viable, as Lileep becomes a true monster when it has sandstorm support and the opponent's Fighting-types are removed. Alternatively, Lileep is free to use AncientPower alongside Toxic, which ensures it can best all variants of Murkrow.</p>

<p>Coincidentally, Lileep also fears Toxic, and a cleric is thus a wise teammate. Chinchou is a good choice, possessing passable synergy with Lileep and executing the RestTalk + Heal Bell strategy with style. Lileep also needs a teammate that isn't afraid of Fighting-types; Misdreavus, Drifloon, Larvesta, Ponyta, and Shelmet all make good choices for their own reasons. In turn, Lileep can provide Stealth Rock to aid sweepers, including Drifloon, Dratini, and Scraggy. Lileep also needs a Scraggy check of its own around, and both Mienfoo and Croagunk work well. Natu can act as a hard stop to other Grass-types, such as Foongus and Shroomish, that try to beat Lileep via status, and it can work conveniently on teams that can't afford to give a spot to a spinner. Murkrow is arguably one of the best offensive partners for Lileep, as offensive Murkrow struggles to break justonly a few walls, such as Chinchou and Eviolite Archen, which Lileep can take on handily.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Stockpile and Barrier are both useful in their own rights, but are difficult to execute perfectly due to the prevalence of three things: Fighting-types, Toxic, and Knock Off. A spread of 228 HP / 156 Def / 32 SpA / 72 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm nature provides more HP and balanced stats across the board, but it does so at the cost of hitting numbers that make the most of Eviolite. Hidden Power Ice could surprise Dratini while maintaining a super effective hit on Murkrow and a neutral one on Snover. Lileep's potential as a Baton Pass recipient also should not be forgotten. I; it has Suction Cups, along with Stockpile or Barrier, and passable Special Attack, meaning Drifloon can pass it a few Calm Minds and a sweep can be attempted. It should be noted that this strategy is relatively unreliable, however. Other than that, Lileep struggles to find much variation in its moveslots; however, the spread can, of course, be tailored depending on the team, and whether or not a few more points in Defense or Special Defense would be more useful.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Mienfoo is the most common check to Lileep, not fearing its attacks due to Regenerator and Drain Punch. Magnemite takes a pittance from anything Lileep throws at it, and possesses a super effective Flash Cannon and Volt Switch to maintain momentum. A surprise Ice-type move from a Water-type, such as Blizzard from Chinchou or Ice Beam from Staryu, could catch Lileep off guard as it switches in. Scraggy can set up Dragon Dances all day on Lileep, and isn't afraid of Toxic due to Shed Skin. Croagunk has Drain Punch, but has to be careful because it is slightly weaker than the other Fighting-types. Larvesta has a super effective STAB U-turn, but must be wary of AncientPower. Toxic is probably the biggest threat to Lileep, as it shuts down its stalling potential long term. Will-O-Wisp from Misdreavus can work well in a pinch, alsos well. Snover removes the sandstorm that Lileep loves, and does massive damage to it with Blizzard. Timburr actually enjoys taking the Toxic from Lileep, as does Dratini, although the latter is relatively weak until it gets set up. Natu reflects Stealth Rock, and it can Roost through AncientPower's PP, provided Lileep does not accrue too many boosts.</p>
[Overview]

<p>Lileep stands out as traditionally one of the best walls in Little Cup. A good stat variation, adequate typing that provides it a defensive boost in sandstorm, access to Stealth Rock, and a slew of other options generally leave little to be desired, letting Lileep check a variety of Pokemon, with the exception of Fighting-types. Lileep can bend to fit what the team needs; for example, on a sandstorm team, it can serve as a special sponge, while it can act as a hazard setter and mixed wall on a team without Hippopotas. Although it does possess a crippling weakness to Fighting-type moves and an annoying neutrality to Fire-type attacks, it is still capable of making the most of its intricate set of resistances, acting as a check to nigh all bulky Water-types, powerhouses such as Murkrow and Misdreavus, and opposing walls due to its good recovery options, Giga Drain and Recover. Nonetheless, it still needs some help from the team to unleash its full potential, so it may be wise to look before you leep.</p>

[SET]
item: Eviolite
ability: Storm Drain
nature: Bold

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With the combination of Storm Drain, venerable typing, and a wide movepool, Lileep has the potential to become a fantastic sponge for LC balance teams. With Giga Drain, it deals surprising damage to Chinchou, Staryu, and plenty of other common Pokemon. This works in conjunction with Recover to keep Lileep healthy throughout the match while the opponent may suffer from repeatedly switching into Stealth Rock. Speaking of Stealth Rock, Lileep does that too, and it pulls it off with aplomb. Lileep is rarely immediately forced out early-game, and is thus a wise candidate for setting up Stealth Rock. However, if the team already has Stealth Rock support, AncientPower can be a wise choice to bust Murkrow, Larvesta, Ponyta, and perhaps nab a convenient stat boost.</p>

<p>This particular set has a few merits. Primarily, Lileep is one of the best Drilbur answers around; it has STAB Giga Drain, gains a boost from sandstorm, and fears only the increasingly rare X-Scissor from the mole. Furthermore, it is a fantastic choice for setting up Stealth Rock, as it beats the two most common Rapid Spin users, Staryu and Drilbur, one on one (the former with absolutely no effort). Toxic rounds out the set nicely due to the late-game pace of LC. The switch-ins Lileep baits are generally predictable, and scoring an early Toxic on a Mienfoo or a Misdreavus can be paramount to winning later in the game.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Initially, Hidden Power Rock may seem superior to AncientPower due to its higher PP and power, but it is actually inferior as it messes with Lileep's IVs, which in turn corrupts this fantastic EV spread. On the other hand, Hidden Power Fire is an option, as it blasts Ferroseed and Snover, who may think they can switch in without trouble <seemed kind of abrupt before>. If this Lileep is being used on a sandstorm team, Hippopotas should take care of Stealth Rock, giving Lileep an extra slot with which it can do a few nifty things. Barrier and Stockpile both become viable, as Lileep becomes a true monster when it has sandstorm support and the opponent's Fighting-types are removed. Alternatively, Lileep is free to use AncientPower alongside Toxic, which ensures it can best all variants of Murkrow.</p>

<p>Coincidentally, Lileep also fears Toxic, and a cleric is thus a wise teammate. Chinchou is a good choice, possessing passable synergy with Lileep and executing the RestTalk + Heal Bell strategy with style. Lileep also needs a teammate that isn't afraid of Fighting-types; Misdreavus, Drifloon, Larvesta, Ponyta, and Shelmet all make good choices for their own reasons. In turn, Lileep can provide Stealth Rock to aid sweepers, including Drifloon, Dratini, and Scraggy. Lileep also needs a Scraggy check of its own around, and both Mienfoo and Croagunk work well. Natu can act as a hard stop to other Grass-types, such as Foongus and Shroomish, that try to beat Lileep via status, and it can work conveniently on teams that can't afford to give a spot to a spinner. Murkrow is arguably one of the best offensive partners for Lileep, as offensive Murkrow struggles to break only a few walls <seems kind of weird to talk about murkrow singular and the plural, so I changed struggle to struggles>, such as Chinchou and Eviolite Archen, which Lileep can take on handily.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Stockpile and Barrier are both useful in their own rights, but are difficult to execute perfectly due to the prevalence of three things: Fighting-types, Toxic, and Knock Off. A spread of 228 HP / 156 Def / 32 SpA / 72 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm nature provides more HP and balanced stats across the board, but it does so at the cost of hitting numbers that make the most of Eviolite. Hidden Power Ice could surprise Dratini while maintaining a super effective hit on Murkrow and a neutral one on Snover. Lileep's potential as a Baton Pass recipient should not be forgotten; it has Suction Cups, along with Stockpile or Barrier, and passable Special Attack, meaning Drifloon can pass it a few Calm Minds and a sweep can be attempted. It should be noted that this strategy is relatively unreliable, however. Other than that, Lileep struggles to find much variation in its moveslots; however, the spread can, of course, be tailored depending on the team, and whether or not a few more points in Defense or Special Defense would be more useful.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Mienfoo is the most common check to Lileep, not fearing its attacks due to Regenerator and Drain Punch. Magnemite takes a pittance from anything Lileep throws at it, and possesses a super effective Flash Cannon and Volt Switch to maintain momentum. A surprise Ice-type move from a Water-type, such as Blizzard from Chinchou or Ice Beam from Staryu, could catch Lileep off guard as it switches in. Scraggy can set up Dragon Dances all day on Lileep, and isn't afraid of Toxic due to Shed Skin. Croagunk has Drain Punch, but has to be careful because it is slightly weaker than the other Fighting-types. Larvesta has a super effective STAB U-turn, but must be wary of AncientPower. Toxic is probably the biggest threat to Lileep, as it shuts down its stalling potential long term. Will-O-Wisp from Misdreavus can work well in a pinch as well. Snover removes the sandstorm that Lileep loves and does massive damage to it with Blizzard. Timburr actually enjoys taking the Toxic from Lileep, as does Dratini, although the latter is relatively weak until it gets set up. Natu reflects Stealth Rock, and it can Roost through AncientPower's PP, provided Lileep does not accrue too many boosts.</p>

GP APPROVED [2/2]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)