Little Cup Doubles Discussion

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Abomasnow in VGC disagrees.

Seriously, I see what you're saying, but Snover has quite a nice set of resistances for Doubles (Ground and Water among them) as well as bringing in Hail to shut down Rain teams.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you're the kind of guy who likes to mess around with obscure metagames, LC Ubers doubles(lol) has a lead developed by yours truly:-

Sneasel@ Focus Sash
-Fake Out
-Punishment
-Ice Shard
-Brick Break

+

Yanma@ Life Orb
-Protect
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Giga Drain

Also, back on topic, TR teams are dominating. Word of advice: Always run Makuhita + Ghost/Innner Focus Pokemon for setting up TR.

@ above: -______________________-

Anyway the only team's I've had trouble with so far are ones with Trick Room set up Pokemon everywhere. The more TR set up mons, the harder it is to stop.

I suppose heysup is partially referring to my team aswell, as i use 3 trickroom setup mons and 3 sweepers. It has netted me quite a lot of wins, and trickroom in doubles also feels quite damn broken (got me to #1 on the PO ladder, but thats not much of an achievement). What i was using is:

Snover @ Oran Berry
Blizzard / Energy Ball / Hidden Power / Protect
&
Porygon @ Oran Berry
Trick Room / Recover / Blizzard / Thunderbolt

Cubone @ Thick Club
Substitute / EQ / Fire Punch / Double Edge
&
Bronzor @ Oran Berry
Trick Room / Psychic / HP Ice / Confuse Ray

Slowpoke @ Oran Berry
Trick Room / Aqua Tail / Zen Headbut / filler
&
Shellder @ Oran Berry
Icicle Spear / Rock Blast / Ice Shard / Protect

Simply put, start off with trickroom and doubleblizzards to punch gaping holes in opposing teams and if that didnt suffice yet, either cubone (preferably with bronzong on screen) kicks with eq spam. Shellder and slowpoke are somewhat of a backup, but have proven usefull some times.

Snover as I've seen is probably the best LC doubles partner. Like said above he stops rain dancers, and resists ground water and electric moves. Makuhita is a beast TR counter pokemon.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I suppose heysup is partially referring to my team aswell, as i use 3 trickroom setup mons and 3 sweepers. It has netted me quite a lot of wins, and trickroom in doubles also feels quite damn broken (got me to #1 on the PO ladder, but thats not much of an achievement). What i was using is:

Snover @ Oran Berry
Blizzard / Energy Ball / Hidden Power / Protect
&
Porygon @ Oran Berry
Trick Room / Recover / Blizzard / Thunderbolt

Cubone @ Thick Club
Substitute / EQ / Fire Punch / Double Edge
&
Bronzor @ Oran Berry
Trick Room / Psychic / HP Ice / Confuse Ray

Slowpoke @ Oran Berry
Trick Room / Aqua Tail / Zen Headbut / filler
&
Shellder @ Oran Berry
Icicle Spear / Rock Blast / Ice Shard / Protect

Simply put, start off with trickroom and doubleblizzards to punch gaping holes in opposing teams and if that didnt suffice yet, either cubone (preferably with bronzong on screen) kicks with eq spam. Shellder and slowpoke are somewhat of a backup, but have proven usefull some times.
I like this team, but I believe Confuse Ray is illegal on Bronzor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)