Little things you like about Pokémon

This (quote from TV Tropes "Saved From Development Hell" Video Games page):

"Pokémon Picross was originally announced for the Game Boy Color in 1999. It then spent almost 16 years in Development Hell and was presumed cancelled until a freemium 3DS version finally appeared in late 2015."

Someone literally revived a friggin' Pokemon puzzle game, because they could.

RESPECT.
It wasn't really in development hell it turns out. The giga leak has the GBC game and it is for all intents and purposes finalized and passed Nintendo's quality check. Like it's more complete than StarFox 2 was, and that's saying something.
It just, uh, never released anywhere.

View attachment 398456
Y'know I've never really cared for default Pokemon protagonist designs, but Rei and Akari are a stark exception. They're just oozing with this cool free-spiritedness, I love the way their scarves especially animate and move around in-game.
So are we going to ignore that they're Lucas and Dawn in different costumes, or...?

Not that I'm complaining. Lucas is an underrated design

Something I've noticed about SOS Chaining in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Everyone knows by this point that the best experience farming method in those games is to SOS Chain the wild Chanseys (at around Level 55) that are in the Poni Plains, right?

Well, I happened to find out that Chansey's level-up learnset was arranged in a particular way in USUM that does not apply for either SM or the Gen VIII games.

1642171502695.png
1642171533698.png

Chansey in USUM was specifically prevented from knowing Double-Edge at the level you can chain them, very likely because it could cut a chain short if you've dropped its HP to 1 with False Swipe to maximize the chances of an SOS call. Now that's a user-friendly change.

Last edited:
Not sure if this belongs here or in the unpopular opinions thread more, but I felt it fit here better.
I absolutely love USUM. The story is a bit lackluster compared to SM, but I think all the new things added make up for it. The boss battles were improved but not so hard you had to overlevel, there are way more nooks and crannies to explore, and a lot of fun sidequests were added (and not all were postgame, so it feels like stuff is actually happening while you're travelling). This isn't to say SM was bad, it was really fun too, but I like USUM more bc it feels like there's always more things to do.
I made a list of what I could find that's unique to USUM:
  • You get a present from your mom (one per day) for going back and talking to her
  • The Meowth vs Meowth fight
  • Early Flyinium Z
  • The seven mysteries at the trainer's school
  • Mantine surf
  • Sandy Cave
  • The Hala rematch
  • the Alola Photo Club
  • the Bewear show at the mall where a real Bewear appears
  • Totem Gumshoos rematch
  • Fighting Gentleman Reginald
  • finding which Hypno stole Ilima's Nugget
  • iirc you get a Luminous Moss in Hau'oli City postgame somehow
  • Pikachu Valley (I spent so long trying to get a Mimikyu come out of the van lol)
  • You can find Colress in the hotel in the first Akala city before he appears on the route before the grass trial
  • Speaking of that route there's a kid on it that challenges you w/ his brother's Pokemon
  • the guy that buys stuff from you in Paniola Town
  • the extra Lush Jungle area
  • Incineroar vs Machamp
  • The cashier? that goes crazy (literally) for malasadas in Royal Avenue
  • the Ditto Five sidequest (which is also a godsend for competitive breeders)
  • There a guy that dresses up in a Machamp somewhere and he gives you something iirc? and there's als the Hypno guy
  • the Pikachu wedding lol
  • this one's a bit sad, you have to give a Preschooler her late grandfather's Pokemon
  • the PokeCenter nurse chatting w/ you at the Cafe
  • you can still solve Charjabug puzzles after the Electric trial! And you get a prize for getting the hardest one!!
  • you can get Mimikium Z from Mimikyu after the Ghost trial
  • the Acerola illusion made the Ghost trial way better
  • yes new trial me like
  • Fighting the trainer's school principal
  • Kategora and the Eevee trainers
  • Fighting Ilima postgame
  • the mini-bosses of some routes
  • The scenery is amazing
  • Everywhere off the main path you can explore
  • The Po Town Pokecenter lol
  • Multiple areas in Poni dedicated for the postgame

I've positive I missed a ton of other things as well. For me USUM hits the sweet spot where it's hard but not too hard and enough to do that you want to keep playing.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Replaying Alpha Sapphire atm, and I quite like that unlike in RSE the inhabitants of Mossdeep and Lilycove actually react to Kyogre's big downpour this time around.

Highlights

1642784079634.png

They closed the Space Centre! That's kind of neat. Wonder if the rocket counter still goes up during this time or if it pauses until you've sorted things.

1642784719657.png

Are you cold, little boy? How dreadfully sad. Hey, you know what you could do about that? GO INSIDE. GO INSIDE OUT OF THE RAIN.

1642783778911.png

That's, um... quite a leap, if you don't know Kyogre is behind all this. Almost sounds like he thinks that the weather is sentient or something.

1642784432221.png

I've been there, my dude.

(Also what do you mean went to the trouble, you clearly wear one every day)

1642784869527.png
1642784880075.png

Aw, well that's ni-

1642784893350.png
1642784914724.png
1642784924797.png

-oh. Um, you know what, I think I'm going to leave you two alone.

Houndoom Stadium 2 Pokedex entry: "If you are burned by the flames it shoots from its mouth, the pain will never go away."

1642945511913.png

(Burn Heal. Gameplay and Story Segregation is awesome.)

In all seriousness, for an inversion of this, you know in Gold and Silver you get different Pokemon depending on the time of day? To quote TV Tropes:

"These were the first games in the series to feature a real-time clock, and with them, they introduced the idea that certain Pokémon are nocturnal and certain Pokémon are diurnal. This affects the time of day you can find them. You can also use the attack "Headbutt" in the field to shake trees and find Pokémon hidden within them. If you attack trees at night, you can find bird Pokémon normally only found in the daytime... but already Asleep."

That's an awesome touch I'd wager most people don't know about.

Edit: WOW I forgot how many contradictions were in the Pokedex!
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 8.58.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 8.59.07 AM.png

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Edit: WOW I forgot how many contradictions were in the Pokedex!
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 8.58.29 AM.png
*Cracks finger* Time to see if we can't BS some answers:

• Charizard Melting Boulders: Probably takes some time for its flames to both get hot enough and the boulder to get heated enough to melt. A normal Flamethrower on a Rock-type for a few seconds ain't gonna be enough time for either.

• Hard Cocoons: Now this is interesting. Metapod dex entry doesn't say it only knows Harden, not at least until Sword oddly enough. Some of Kakuna's dex entry mentions it only knows Harden to protect itself, but others mention it can poison with a bard. However, aside from Metapod's sword entry, if you think about it these aren't false statements. Harden IS the only status move that increases their Defense stat, thus is the only move they know that is used to protect them. Tackle, String Shot, and Poison Sting are more offensive moves which would be used to deter predators. Also, if we were to stretch what the dex was saying, even Sword makes sense if you take it to meaning what Metapod is simply doing at this stage of its life and not strictly what it can do in a battle scenario.

• Nido-Moms: As a theory I made goes more into reading said Japanese Gen I guide, it's likely they first lay an egg (or multiple) and then to protect their young they evolve. Now from there you can expand on the circumstances behind how this is done, like does it only ever have one (batch) of children and evolve asap or does it only evolve when it feels like its young are in danger, thus as long as it has not evolved it can keep producing offspring.

• Dream Eater Not Required: Dream Eater is an attack that hurts the target. For a Pokemon that eats dreams for nourishment, that's not good to do when feeding. It's the exact opposite of what they want to be doing when feeding on a dream, cause the longer their "provider" sleeps the more dreams they'll produce to consume (and probably at a more casual rate as not to be detected). So, they just have the natural ability to eat dreams without needing the move Dream Eater. Still odd they don't learn Dream Eater naturally? A bit, though it could be just their instincts are keeping them from naturally using their ability to do Dream Eater as accidentally using that (say they get too excited about a certain delicious dream) means they lose a meal ticket. Better off for one owned by a trainer to be taught Dream Eater via an outside source if that's what the trainer wants.

• Psychic Duck: Having psychic powers and being Psychic-type are two different things. Yes, Psyduck has psychic capability, but it has a hard time controlling it leading either to it giving itself a terrible headache or releasing a psychic blast that causes a lot of damage; that doesn't sound like a Psychic-type to me. Golduck has better control of its psychic powers, but not because it has mastered them, instead it took a shortcut and developed a gem on its forehead which is focuses psychic power into before using. If that gem was a Pokemon it would be Psychic-type, but Golduck itself is not Psychic-type as it can't control its psychic power by itself.

• Sleepy Psychic: There are several phases of sleep, and it could just be Abra most of the time is in the lighter phase of sleep allowing it to store energy but also keeping it conscious of its surroundings. But when hit with a sleep-inducing move it goes into a deeper phase of sleep like all other Pokemon and thus loses the conscious awareness as it's likely dreaming. Infact maybe the reason it doesn't get Comatose like Komala does it because its such in control of its psychic powers it can keep itself in the lighter phase thus freeing itself up to have another Ability (with the only downside it as it can be put into a deeper sleep); Meanwhile Komala may be able to act even though its in a deep sleep (thus unaffected by Sleep moves), but had to use up its Ability slot to do so.

• Short Term Memory: Pokemon Moves seem to be this special trait, an arsenal of techniques that goes above what the Pokemon can naturally do. Alakazam has no problem remembering everything its told/learns, can levitate itself, use telekinesis, and teleport to someplace it knows perfectly fine on its own, but if it wants to release a strong blast of psychic power, read the mine of or lift up an opponent that'll actively be trying to resist it, or suddenly teleport itself to a location it's not familiar with it's going to need a Move. And it seems like Moves have a certain strain on Pokemon where four is the "safe" amount that won't overwhelm the Pokemon. Think of it like a revolver that normally has 6 bullet chambers but you try to replace the barrel with one that has 7 or 8 chambers; it'll still work but with each new chamber the greater chance you have the revolver jamming which at that moment makes the gun useless. Maybe a Pokemon can learn 5 or 6 Moves, but it'll reach a point it might start to mentally and/or physically strain itself. A Pokemon "forgetting" or "relearning" a Move isn't exactly the same as someone forgetting to grab their keys or have an appointment to go to, a "slip of the mind", it's more a decision that it has a limited amount of "Move Slots" and chooses certain Moves of many Moves its perfectly capable of knowing & doing, a "use it or lose it".

• #NotAllCubone: Yeah, there's no real good answer around this one. The best I can think of is the Dex only describing wild Cubone behavior, that out of a domesticated environment a Cubone mother, most likely a Marowak though another Cubone is possible, just isn't able to handle the strain of laying the egg and dies. "So, um, where do domesticated Cubone get their skulls and bone club if their mother is alive... or a Ditto". The skull and bone club could be a naturally external bone they develop (and becomes separate pieces before hatching) which matches the shape of the mother's skull and femur bone. Having the dead mother just provides a spare if the skull or bone club breaks, otherwise a wild Cubone would have to go to a Cubone/Marowak graveyard to pick up a new skull or bone club (domesticated ones likely have theirs magically healed via the Pokemon Center).

• Shellder Required: To get to the bottom of this mystery we needed professional help. We set up five isolation rooms, completely cut off from the outside, each setup to evolve a Slowpoke and monitor the evolution. Room 1 has a Level 36 Slowpoke, a Rare Candy in front of it, and a 360 degree hi-res, hi-speed camera setup. Room 2 has a Slowpoke holding a King's Rock, a two terminal trading system, each terminal linked to a different trainer ID, and the system has been modified with all kinds of monitoring and scanning equipment, in addition to a 360 camera in the spot where the Slowpoke will appear from after being traded through the system. Room 3 has a Galarian Slowpoke, a staff member who'll equip it with a Galarica Cuff, and a 360 camera. Finally Room 4 has a Galarian Slowpoke, a staff member who'll equip it with a Galarica Wreath, and a 360 camera. Finally in Room 5 we have a tank of 3 Shellder with a 360 camera around them.
    Room 1's Slowpoke eats the Rare Candy, Room 2's is sent through the trading system, and Room 3's & 4's has their Galarica item equipped. Room 1, 3, & 4's Slowpoke start glowing and evolve to Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke, and Galarian Slowking, respectively. Room 2's exits the trading system a few seconds later, glows, and evolves into a Slowking. Meanwhile all Shellder in Room 5 are still there, hmm. We've received word there has been no issue with the footage from the 360 camera so we'll get to watching them. It should be noted that the monitoring and scanning equipment in Room 2 picked up an alert as Slowpoke was going through the trading network: the King's Rock vanished and seemed to have been integrated into its data; this is an expected alert as it's something which happens to all trade evolutions that need items, but it doesn't explain where the Shellder's came from.

Looking at the footage, we slow down the moment where each Shellder's Slowpoke seemingly form out of thin air; thanks to the hi-speed we go frame-by-frame. To our surprise, the Shellder didn't form from nowhere! A ring forms in front of the body part the Shellder would attach to (tip of the tail for Slowpoke 1, top of the head for Slowpoke 2 and 4, and the arm with the Galarica Cuff with Slowpoke 3). The ring is seemingly a portal as out from the side facing the body part comes a glowing mass in a shape of a Shellder attaching to the Slowpoke. The mass then changes shape to the Shellder form of that Slowpoke evolution. Very curious about this portal, we contacted an expert of interdimensional portals and sent her all four videos; here is Professor Burnet, chief scientist of Alola's Dimensional Research Lab:

"Hello! I'm Professor Burnet of the Dimensional Research Lab in the Alola region. This is REALLY exciting footage and something we've never seen before! After analyzing and comparing the rings saw in the footage, we agree they are portals; and not just any portals, but possibly mini Ultra Wormholes! Ultra Wormholes are portals which access an interdimensional spaced called the Ultra Space where other Ultra Wormholes drift which access different dimensions! And yes, these dimensions are home to Pokemon both the familiar and never before seen! Though more research is needed to be done, we believe that when a Slowpoke triggers an evolution outside of having a Shellder physically bite it, during the evolution process it seems to open up an Ultra Wormhole with the sole purpose of summoning a Shellder from another dimension in Ultra Space! All Slowpoke need the enzymes that Shellder produce to evolve, and such a dependence has likely left a mark in the biology of Slowpokes they have formed a bond with the Shellder species. With no Shellder present, the Slowpoke's innate psychic abilities go full blast and rip open an Ultra Wormhole. Unfortunately from there we don't quite know what happens. Either the power seeks out another Ultra Wormhole that it senses a Shellder in, or there's a specific Ultra Wormhole, or possibly a few, that all Slowpoke access which is filled with Shellder. Eitherway, a Shellder is pulled from that dimension, upon travelling through the Ultra Wormhole senses the tasty Slowpoke it's heading towards, and as soon as it appears from the Ultra Wormhole chomps down on the Slowpoke, releasing its enzymes and completing the Slowpoke's evolution process. And this is all done in less than a second, only a few milliseconds, it's no wonder it took this long to discover! My team would definitely be looking into this new discovery, and even now we've started the hardest step: Finding someone who cares enough about Slowpoke to fund the research. *sigh*"

Well, there you have it: Slowpokes tear open an Ultra Wormhole to summon a Shellder to complete their evolution process, DUH!

• Three Heads: Oh man, I already used Ultra Wormholes. Um, let's see... you know what, I'll go with another one of my theories: PokeMatter! To put it simply (so I don't need to write another "discovery" story), Magnemite and Diglett upon evolution create clone duplicates of itself that it then uses the massive release of energy to stabilize and "join" with. The Magnemite's magnetic fields sync up, attract one another, and are "fused" together into a Magneton. Since we don't see what's happening underground I'm not going to hazard a guess whether the Diglett "clones" are just extra heads attached to the same body, semi-individual bodies but are fused together somehow like conjoined twins (or triplets in this case), or complete individual bodies that uses something like pheromones or some other biological phenomenon to keep the trio together.

• Speed =/= Speed Stat: As we've discussed plenty of times whenever there's a Pokemon described to be very fast yet its Speed stat is subpar, it's likely the Speed Stat isn't telling us how fast the Pokemon can go but rather reaction time/reflex speed. So Arcanine is super fast, just takes some time for it to build up that speed and probably needs a lot of room.

• Flying High: This is a rough one as it has little logic and a lot of the answers will just come down to "is able to do so because wind/air magic". I imagine Pokemon that aren't capable of normal flight but are still able to learn Fly like Doduo family and Vullaby aren't truly flying but summoning a strong wind to pick it up and hover/glide as need be until finally diving down; at least when using it as an attacking Move. As for a Field technique, probably requires a lot more concentration as now it's picking up both it and its trainer, travelling a long distance, and safely descend them back down. It's why Fly was an HM, not just any Pokemon can do that and ones which can need to specifically be taught how to do it and experienced enough (hence Badge requirement). As for Pokemon who looks like they should be able to fly but can't, probably have to do a case-by-case basis. For the ones mentioned: Noibat family likely uses supersonic waves to help them fly which would be harmful to the rider, Gyarados likely is flailing about while flying and thus very difficult to hold onto, Togekiss is pretty lightweight so may not be able to carry the player the entire time, and Scyther & Yanmega (and many other flying Bug-types) can only fly for short distances. Why don't they use magical wind"? Because they're capable of flying on their own so haven't need to learn to summon the magical wind the flightless flyers have developed. It's like asking a human why we don't have night vision or a super strong sense of smell/hearing while other animals do: our species was able to survive without it thus never developed the ability to do so.

• Unown Number: While it would be neat if they added something which made Unown stronger the more you have in your party (and I've come up with some of my own ideas how), for the reality warping ability we've seen them do I think we need a bit more than just six... like a few hundred. Not to mention Poke Balls do act like power limiters so it's also likely captured Unown just can't reality warp as they're no longer a completely connected to the weave of the universe.

• Hot As The Sun: Ignoring that they likely just meant 1,800 degrees (you know, as hot as lava, which it's made of) and refuse to fix their mistake, how can it be as hot as the sun and at least not kill everyone in close vicinity? It says its body temperature is 18k, not that it releases heat as hot at 18k (or the surface of its body is 18k). Could be that the organ which allows Magcargo to live is that hot, but once that heat leaves the organ it rapidly cools and by the time it reaches the surface it's only as hot as an open flame (cause, BTW, if Magcargo's surface was as hot as lava it would still melt your skin off). Or the heat it generates is actually PokeMatter thus regulates its body as if it was that hot but doesn't actually cause harm anyone near it.

• Fast But Bad: Being a good swimmer and being fast are two different things. Sure, Qwilfish can blast itself through the water like a torpedo, but it's likely flailing around and has no control what direction it's going.

• Hole-y Myth: "Supposedly" I think is the key word here. Or, from the Dex themselves, "believed" and "is said". It's a myth. Folklore. A tall tale told to kids so they wouldn't mess around with the spoopy haunted bug husk. If it does have the ability, then probably has the power to control it and wouldn't want to suck out the soul of its trainer.

• Cold Feats: Man I'm so glad I brought up my PokeMatter theory cause I'm gonna just use it to explain extreme nonsense like this. The frigid cold surrounding Regice is PokeMatter. Why doesn't it melt in magma? The PokeMatter is shielding it from the heat, causing the magma to react as if it was touching a thick sheet of super condensed ice. Freezing everything near it? Yeah, sure, but its PokeMatter so things might get covered in a "frost" but causes no ill effects aside things feeling cold. Hurt by Fire-types? Cause they're generating fire PokeMatter and its counteracting the cold PokeMatter.

• Soul Breeding: Who says a spirit can't be split into two or more? Also, who says these spirits were once living creatures? What if they're just manifestations of sin, created when a group of people purged themselves of those particular 108 sins. Being a magical world, those purged sins can have a metaphysical presence and, though most will just dissipate over time, enough of them together could create a sin spirit. When that happens and you collect the 108 sin spirits and bind them to a rock, that's how you get Spiritomb. But since they all now have a "body", they can be split apart as they'll just regenerate through absorbing negative energy. "But where does the stone come from when its bred with a Ditto?". WELL have I told you how PokeMatter is an integral part of Pokemon Breeding especially in terms of creating the Egg...

• Wailord Of A Tale: ... This isn't a mystery, this is just complaining about how GF messed up with their graphics. Note before Sword & Shield they did try making Wailord the right size in games like Colosseum and Battle Revolution, and in the DLC we see how truly big a Wailord is in the Isle of Armor overworld.

• Speed =/= Speed Stat: As we've discussed plenty of times whenever there's a Pokemon described to be very fast yet its Speed stat is subpar, it's likely the Speed Stat isn't telling us how fast the Pokemon can go but rather reaction time/reflex speed. So Female Unfezant are better fliers, just takes some time for it to build up that speed and probably needs a lot of room; meanwhile in battle their reflex time is pretty much the same.

• Speed =/= Speed Stat: As we've discussed plenty of times whenever there's a Pokemon described to be very fast yet its Speed stat is subpar, it's likely the Speed Stat isn't telling us how fast the Pokemon can go but rather reaction time/reflex speed. So Escavalier is super fast, just takes some time for it to build up that speed and probably needs a lot of room.

• Crouching Dragon, Hidden Slug: Probably "weakest" in terms of physical form. It's a slug, it's body is very malleable, likes damp places so it doesn't dry out, and is likely very passive. Noibat at least has claws, fangs, and can generate a supersonic blast.

• Common Yet Rare, Pond Yet River, Ignored Yet Wanted: Have we ever concluded the person who is writing the Dex is a complete idiot completely unaware of what the majority of people are actually thinking? Oh, right, they were written by Game Freak. Thank you, thank you, try the veal. Anyway let's play another round of "just cause they sound opposites doesn't mean they are". Are very common yet were very difficult to find originally? Well, once you figured out the tile they were on you could fish up as many as you'd like; they're very common but it's in specific spots and they migrate around. As for where it lives, the exact original entry says "It is capable of living in both the sea and in rivers" and later entries mention streams and lakes; what it's just saying is that they can pretty much like in any body of water even if its salty or fresh. And finally let's remember the player character is only ONE person in canon per generation, two if you want to count both genders; while the player is willing to go through all the hassle to evolve Feebas into Milotic most other people in the Pokemon world are willing to pass to rather focus on raising an easier to raise Pokemon.

• Legendary Power: As I mentioned with the Unown entry, Poke Balls seem to act as power limiters so that the Legendary can coexist along with us and not cause the end of the world. Also it could be the Legendary themselves who are choosing to hold back their true power in order to compete in friendly battling competitions. And if you're talking about before their caught, it's pretty much implied by the time the player is battling a Legendary is that it's something the Legendary wants and is testing the player.

• Love Thy Enemy: Going to guess the difference between wild Pokemon and domesticated Pokemon. In the wild Zangoose and Seviper hunt each other and Mareanie hunts Corsola, but in the care of a trainer they're all well fed and having their other needs met so no need to fight one another. And it just so happens they share an Egg Group, that's just how things work in the Pokemon World; you might as well comment on how Wailord a whale and Skitty a small yougn cat are able to breed and that just doesn't make any darn sense.

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I was looking at some leaked Legends Arceus screenshots (no spoilers here) and had a realization about Luxray's design. At a first glance it's a mean big cat with manes and stuff, yet at the same time it's retained the body proportions of a kitten: huge head and tiny body, large eyes, relatively short and thick legs, big paws, and a long tail (tipped with a kinda childish star to boot). Badass but lovable all the same -- something Lando-t's design really lacked.

I like how they're making a concerted effort to de-Mythicalise things now. At the time of writing, every mythical up to Keldeo is now permanently available in some way released within the last 10 years; of these, only Celebi and Deoxys are not on the current gen console, with both being on the 3DS. All the others have been made available within the last 14 months.

I'd like to see that trend stick, with more and more mythicals eventually "retired" and introduced into standard gameplay. Some people probably find the save file bonus thing annoying, but I like it.

I like how they're making a concerted effort to de-Mythicalise things now. At the time of writing, every mythical up to Keldeo is now permanently available in some way released within the last 10 years; of these, only Celebi and Deoxys are not on the current gen console, with both being on the 3DS. All the others have been made available within the last 14 months.

I'd like to see that trend stick, with more and more mythicals eventually "retired" and introduced into standard gameplay. Some people probably find the save file bonus thing annoying, but I like it.
I wonder if Home requiring a Living Dex is the reason why they have been more lenient on Mythicals recently. Previous dexes excluded Mythical Pokemon because of them being event exclusive. I'd be happier if they let use them in VGC and BSS instead of rotting in my PC for eternity.

I wonder if Home requiring a Living Dex is the reason why they have been more lenient on Mythicals recently. Previous dexes excluded Mythical Pokemon because of them being event exclusive. I'd be happier if they let use them in VGC and BSS instead of rotting in my PC for eternity.
It's possible, but as of now I don't think they will be allowing them in VGC just yet. They'd need to basically have all of them available in some form before they can move to "by the way mythicals are now allowed".
I don't think it's ever been a case of "ban myths cause op", expecially considering stuff like Primals and now Zacian/Caly-S exist and are free to roam, rather just a problematic of these Pokemon not being easily available and notably not being "current gen available".

The current-gen-available problem has kinda been solved due to the Battle-Ready marks (one of their best gen 8 QoL btw), however I think it'll take quite a while before they are all available... and even then I don't think they'd really move toward that, mainly cause Mythicals are what they usually distribute with events and probably want to keep it that way.

They have however occasionally made special Battle spot modes which did allow some mythicals to be used, so there's that.

Apparently just for a limited time, however.

The fact they didn't region lock the youtube video is stunning to me, because the Sound Library site it's associated with (which lets you actually download the songs and listen to various playlists) is region locked.
The site and video are open in English now, right after the GilvaSunner takedowns. Apparently you can download the full soundtrack if you agree to the terms like not using it for commercial use and citing their copyright, but it skips past the 2nd page and the links don't seem to work for me right now.
https://soundlibrary.pokemon.co.jp/en

EDIT: I managed to download the zip files via Chrome so maybe it was some privacy setting on Firefox affecting it.
EDIT 2:

1643818961098.png

1643818933764.png

Also they are cool with using this for YouTube (even monetization) and say they won't claim copyright infringement if you follow the guidelines.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)