Little things you like about Pokémon

That doesn't explain why he's not Electric Dragon in a basic form !
Dragon was a rarer type in the first two generations:
Generation I: 3 total, 1 fully evolved
Generation II: 1 total, 1 fully evolved
Generation III: 9 total, 6 fully evolved
Generation IV: 6 total, 4 fully evolved, plus one alternate form for Giratina and Dragon Arceus
Generation V: 10 total, 6 fully evolved, plus two alternate forms of Kyurem
Generation VI: 9 total, 5 fully evolved, plus 9 Mega Evolutions, 3 of which weren't Dragons before

And as Karxrida said, they didn't want a Dragon that early in the game at the time.

Plus, the Dragon subtype might have been a pun thought of later as Danryu is also very close to Dankyu, which means "light bulb", though I can't say for sure.

EDIT: I'm only saying this for my own amusement, but this is my 1,221st post. It's a palindrome. It makes me happy.

Speaking of Ampharos, I just learned why it gained a Dragon-typing when it Mega Evolves:
It's Japanese name is Denryu. Denryu, depending on the characters used, can mean "electric current" or "electric dragon".
That makes me laugh-the fact that all you need is a long beard/white hair with small horns to become a dragon. I might try this myself. But seriously...how can a sheep evolve into a dragon...

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't ask questions, it just means that we don't need to overthink things that lack any sort of in-universe explanation, when something like gameplay-and-story segregation exists.

Keep in mind the source of that quote: a show that looked at cheesy movies, the worst they could find (lalala), but spent the program doing anything but "just relaxing". (Though we're talking about things that lacked any sort of explanation period.)

One thing that never fully hit me before until just now is how much better HeartGold and SoulSilver looks compared to Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
DPPt (Canalave City):

HGSS (Vermilion City):

There is a vibrancy to the color that DPPt just didn't have.
I do feel like the sinnoh games have more 3d aspects though, especially platinum which has the torn world:

I loved the distortion world!

I do feel like the sinnoh games have more 3d aspects though, especially platinum which has the torn world:

I loved the distortion world!
True, though 3D doesn't necessarily mean superior... one could easily argue that use of 3D in DPPt was stretching the limitations of the software at the time too far and contributed to an inferior aesthetic.

That said I fuckin love the distortion world too. I'd love to see how they handle it in a remake now they have actual 3D; I'd be expecting curves and twists and all sort of non-flat things they couldn't do in Platinum.

To counter my angry comment in the Little Things That Annoy thread, I'd like to point out that I really love how they did the theme song for X/Y. Instead of being whatever BW did, it sounds more like a revamped tune of the original.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
True, though 3D doesn't necessarily mean superior... one could easily argue that use of 3D in DPPt was stretching the limitations of the software at the time too far and contributed to an inferior aesthetic.

That said I fuckin love the distortion world too. I'd love to see how they handle it in a remake now they have actual 3D; I'd be expecting curves and twists and all sort of non-flat things they couldn't do in Platinum.
Distortion world in 3D, now with 200% more motion sickness!

This is why doing a remake of the sinnoh games isn't such a bad idea after all.

One thing that never fully hit me before until just now is how much better HeartGold and SoulSilver looks compared to Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
DPPt (Canalave City):

HGSS (Vermilion City):

There is a vibrancy to the color that DPPt just didn't have.
Just noticed something-the towns in the kanto region are all named after colours. That explains why it is er...more colourful...I like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 5)