Lockdown Mafia 2: Hail To The Chief - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Sorry for trying to get the game started/ended [/sarcasm]

No Lynch is actually pretty common on day 1. I can see why people want to lynch day 1 (I usually do), but in this game we don't want to lower our count for no reason. The worst thing that can happen is we lynch the cop/doctor. But even if we lynch a vanilla it'll just increase the mafia's chances of hitting one of the important roles.

I guess you can argue that eliminating townies will also increase our chances of eventually hitting mafia, but that generally isn't a good plan.

Or you can argue the best case scenario of hitting a mafia member, but that is usually unlikely.

I'd sadly seem like a hypocrite if I attacked someone now, so all I can do is end.

No lynch d1 also gives us no info on voting patterns or behavior. It just hands a free kill to the mafia. It's only profitable if you want an inspector to claim with results or something, but this is generally not going to work.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with Mekkah that no lynch is a terrible play regardless, but I think it's very instructive that CIM was the first person to suggest a more or less random nameroll. If we're going to be randkilling anyone, shouldn't it be someone who is memorably contrarian and quick to point the finger with little or no evidence? If we have to kill someone without a whole lot of information, who better to kill than Chris himself? As such, I propose that we Fire Chris is Me.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for giving me more reasons to vote for you. I love when people do that.

No Lynch is actually pretty common on day 1. I can see why people want to lynch day 1 (I usually do), but in this game we don't want to lower our count for no reason.
Throw out everything you know about shitty Smogon mafia games with outside communication and full power. None of that applies here.

If you don't kill someone, you give the Mafia a free turn. In power games, it isn't a bad thing since you also give yourself a turn to get information and coordinate attack. In games like this, you'll be no better off without a kill than with one in terms of information. Actually, you'll be worse off since you will know less about players and how they work.

A very Mafia like move I must say.

I guess you can argue that eliminating townies will also increase our chances of eventually hitting mafia, but that generally isn't a good plan.
The main argument is "If you make no kill, you lose a townie with absolutely no gain. If you do make a kill, you should end up either killing a Mafia or at least a mediocre Townie (not necessarily bad), and you get a lot more information".

Anyway I can't in good conscience revoke my vote for you when you possibly made the most Mafia like move you could (try and convince the town that a no lynch vote is a good thing).

Wow, you really want me lynched.

I may not be the best player, but where was it decided that you were amazing? I rarely play mafia games on smogon, so most games I play actually are mafiascum-style. And in those games, Day 1 usually does end in No Lynch from what I see.

So your plan is to kill bad townies randomly, because that doesn't hurt us? Well if they are a bad townie, they are most likely a bad mafia, which means they will slip. If they will slip, then there is no reason to start killing them randomly lowering our numbers. You are just trying to justify mislynches.

I am fully against no lynch, but with the state of the game right now, we literally have no choice. But I guess we could lynch the people accusing others of being mafia (reach and chris), or we could lynch some random from the list and end up having a pretty big chance to hit a villy or have a small chance to hit a mafia. Take your pick.

I agree with Mekkah that no lynch is a terrible play regardless, but I think it's very instructive that CIM was the first person to suggest a more or less random nameroll. If we're going to be randkilling anyone, shouldn't it be someone who is memorably contrarian and quick to point the finger with little or no evidence? If we have to kill someone without a whole lot of information, who better to kill than Chris himself? As such, I propose that we Fire Chris is Me.
Not sure I understand this... you understand that we have to make a decision based on very little information, Chris is me is trying to throw out possibilities based on what little information we have, but you want to fire him for being proactive? Unless someone makes a huge blunder, we'll be forced to point the finger based on little evidence. At this point, I see no problem with what Chris is me is doing - he's generating discussion, which we're going to need if we want to find a viable person to fire.

In case you couldn't tell, reach is doing exactly what cim did to generate discussion - threatening to lynch someone, while based on little to zero amounts of conclusive evidence. I admit, he might not be trying to start a discussion, but that is what he's doing. I don't think we should become very suspicous of someone just because they threaten to lynch someone.

cim

In case you couldn't tell, reach is doing exactly what cim did to generate discussion - threatening to lynch someone, while based on little to zero amounts of conclusive evidence. I admit, he might not be trying to start a discussion, but that is what he's doing. I don't think we should become very suspicous of someone just because they threaten to lynch someone.
I don't think he was being suspicious of reach, but rather disagreeing with his vote (i.e. also discussing). He's welcome to correct me if I'm wrong.

to be honest, i think cim is thinking too hard about the situation. he's accusing totalpotato to be mafia based on the fact that he wants a no lynch vote, which in this mafia, would be favorable for mafia. however, like totalpotato said, he's not very experienced in mafia, and i doubt he would be able to think to do something like that.

cim

to be honest, i think cim is thinking too hard about the situation. he's accusing totalpotato to be mafia based on the fact that he wants a no lynch vote, which in this mafia, would be favorable for mafia. however, like totalpotato said, he's not very experienced in mafia, and i doubt he would be able to think to do something like that.
I normally wouldn't reply (i'm talking too much lol) but ftr I'm talking about Tenken. And "I'm not good at Mafia" is probably the most played out Mafia cover ever.

I normally wouldn't reply (i'm talking too much lol) but ftr I'm talking about Tenken. And "I'm not good at Mafia" is probably the most played out Mafia cover ever.
oh sorry, i meant tenken

anyway, prove to me that tenken has played in a lot of mafias and knew exactly what he was doing in the last few (if not all) of the games, then maybe i'll vote tenken as well.

Why base who is mafia about how much experience people have? Who cares if Tenken is new, for all we know he's fantastic at playing mafia. Even if he isn't, he probably has team mates who are. As far as I know, the mafia plays as a team, and quite frankly I could imagine Tenken following the orders of a more experienced mafia member. So until some more conclusive evidence appears, or Tenken has a good enough defense:

Vote Withdrawn

Edit to above: Is Mekkah really acting all that strange? He's the one who stated askaninjask should start to lead the discussion. If we listen to that suggestion, it would seem that the village would become stronger. I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what the mafia want. I think Mekkah wouldn't do that if he was mafia, especially being as experienced as he is. Plus, he argued against no lynch, which would be more favorable for him if he was mafia. So unless Mekkah's playing some strange mind games, I really against the idea that he's mafia.

No, mafia can talk to each other outside the thread.

c/p from the big bold paragraph.

IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THE GANGSTERS, YOU MAY NOT COMMUNICATE OUTSIDE THE THREAD.

Mekkah may be waiting for more posts, but isn't it strange for someone supporting a lynch position to not be voting anyone. Again it could just be due to there not being enough people posting for him to attack.

Him asking for Ninjask's opinion does nothing. Ninjask has as much information as the rest of us do. I do find it interesting for you to defend him though, after just one "attack." Wonder what's going on there.

Rook, if someone from mafia was giving Tenken orders, wouldn't they be godkilled in this game?
Fair enough, you get one silly question.

Are the mafia members given the names of the other mafia members?
You can't be serious. How could they possibly communicate if they weren't given each others' names. Are you playing stupid?

Also, Tenken is almost certainly non-mafia:

If his teammates asked him to: "ok go post in the main thread like an idiot, and pray to SDS you don't get god killed." Then that's an absurd assumption.

There is almost no chance he was recruited.

The only way he is mafia, is if he disobeyed his team (extremely unlikely, as he wouldn't be bored if he had a team to talk to).

I don't agree with cim being mafia either, he's just an idiot who really really really wants to take command in this game.

You expect Mekkah to play strangely every game, I'd be more worried if Mekkah was acting normally.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
yes, the mafia know who each other are --______________________--

So far, Chris is me and Rook have been defending each other and posting constantly (as in every other post). I am much more suspicious of them than Tenken. I don't understand Rook's reasoning at all, and Chris is me's suggestion was a random name, I even thought it was a joke at first.

Since if Chris is me is village, he could be a huge asset, I would rather that Rook be lynched than CIM.

Not voting yet, I'd like to see more people talk.

Fair enough, you get one silly question.

You can't be serious. How could they possibly communicate if they weren't given each others' names. Are you playing stupid?
Well, he said "
They usually are in the games, in fact in almost every small mafia. This one could be different, but I highly doubt it."

which is a great answer, however, if he is mafia, he could've slipped and said "yes."

As far as I can tell, he's against no lynch. He didn't ask for askaninjask's opinion, he suggested he leads the village. I do think that this would be beneficial to the village, to be united with one common leader, who we know is village.

The only reason I'm defending him is so we don't accidentally lynch an important person. How is that mafia-like behavior? Currently, he seems that he would be more helpful to the village than you are.

Edit: I'm trying to create more discussion. I can assure you, I'm not mafia, but really my word means nothing. Just know, if you lynch me you'll be losing a member of the village.

To Class: I only said that because in some big mafia games, the mafia aren't always given their full team. There's a 99% that they were this game. And because obviously I don't have the mafia's role PM's.

Well, he said "
They usually are in the games, in fact in almost every small mafia. This one could be different, but I highly doubt it."

which is a great answer, however, if he is mafia, he could've slipped and said "yes."
If you want someone to say it bluntly: YES THE MAFIA KNOW EACH OTHERS' NAMES.

EDIT: Oops, Askaninjask already responded to this issue.

If he is against no lynch, he isn't expressing it as much as others. Asking ninjask to lead is the same thing as his opinion imo. Ninjask is going to be leading based on what he believes.
You have to realize how many people wanted to pick a "weak" president. I don't know anything about Ninjask, but if he is the "weak leader" people wanted, then he won't really help much by uniting us.

He is "important" because he is skilled right? And I am not helpful, because I am not "skilled." If I am mafia and really suck, then I'd slip eventually (This goes for everyone attack "unskilled" players), so why are we trying to kill unskilled guys with no information? It just doesn't make sense to me.
I can understand not wanting to kill skilled players though. But he wasn't under attack, and you immediately defended him. It is like you don't want people mentioning his name.

If Mekkah is very skilled, then I'd expect him to be recruited or killed at night as well. Just saying thats what happens in games where people play based off of names/reputations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)