Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to be fair Megahorn has 100% acc whilst Pin Missile hits 2-5 times. But still, that's a crazy good buff to a once useless move.
Unless there's some new buff to Megahorn that I'm unaware of, it only has 85% accuracy. Skill Link Pin Missile will outclass it in both power and accuracy.

I'd still rather have Guts or Moxie on Mega Heracross, though...

Agent Gibbs said:
Unless there's some new buff to Megahorn that I'm unaware of, it only has 85% accuracy. Skill Link Pin Missile will outclass it in both power and accuracy.

I'd still rather have Guts or Moxie on Mega Heracross, though...
Whoah wait what -Looks up Megahorn- I... have been under the impression that it had 100% accuracy this whole time. Guess I've just been fairly lucky with it (Then again, I don't use the move all too often).

And MoxieCross sounds much more appealing than Skill Link Heracross by a long shot.

Assault Vest seems perfect for a bulky attacker. If it has high physical defense it can become a good mixed tank, and if it has high special defense it can become even bulkier on the special side. Also turning some checks into hard counters.
For example, I can imagine Snorlax, Metagross, Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Suicune, Slowbro, Escavalier, Latias, Latios, Meloetta, Conkeldurr, Gallade (Plus it has Drain Punch) Roserade with Giga-Drain possibly make a good use of it.

Not to mention that there are lots of utility attacks that also deal damage and so can still be used:
-Nuzzle to paralyze
-Charge Beam, Flame Charge, Power-Up Punch to boost stats
-Clear Smog and possibly Topsy-Turvy to haze
-Dragon Tail and Circle Throw to phaze
-Knock Off

I'm still kinda appalled by the nerf of Hidden Power. I know it's by 10 Power but it severely hurts pokemon that rely on it's power to hurt things that it's movepool cannot cover with it's regular moveset like Latios, Chandelure or Cofagrigus. I know it's a small change but some sets won't be as viable anymore and we will probably have to shift towards using more obscure moves that haven't seen much use like Extrasensory or Signal Beam.

I'm still kinda appalled by the nerf of Hidden Power. I know it's by 10 Power but it severely hurts pokemon that rely on it's power to hurt things that it's movepool cannot cover with it's regular moveset like Latios, Chandelure or Cofagrigus. I know it's a small change but some sets won't be as viable anymore and we will probably have to shift towards using more obscure moves that haven't seen much use like Extrasensory or Signal Beam.
To be fair, Chandy also got a buffed Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball is not NVE against Heatran anymore. They seriously better give coverage moves better distribution, though. Also, where's that accuracy buff Focus Miss so desperately needs?

Electrify
20----If the target is electrified before it uses a move during that turn, the target's move becomes Electric type.

If I am not reading this incorrectly, this effectively makes the targets next move an electric type attack. This could be very useful for Pokemon which are immune to electric type attacks, because if they go first they are effectively immune to damage that turn.

A bit of an obscure thing admittedly, but it might have some use on something like Jolteon or Thundurus,

Last edited:
To be fair, Chandy also got a buffed Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball is not NVE against Heatran anymore. They seriously better give coverage moves better distribution, though. Also, where's that accuracy buff Focus Miss so desperately needs?
I'm at least thankful it didn't get the shaft this time around. Mostly because Focus Miss was already balanced out by a headache 70% accuracy which is still very shaky. Also, since it's at 60 Power now it qualifies as a technician boost. So in the world of NU we will see Mr. Mime with Technician. Roserade also gets a boost from this as some sets with Roserade run HP Fire so now it can choose to run Technician or Natural Cure.
...Other than that, it's very unnoticeable to the rest of the Technician users as most of them abuse the physical attacking spectrum rather then the Special side.

A few things I've noticed when playing Gen 6 on Showdown:

1) Aegislash is amazing
Oh boy. I reckon Aegislash is top OU, if not Uber standard. Its gimmick is perfect; it can Swords Dance and tank hits amazingly, followed by destroying with its amazing offenses. The low speed actually works in its favour, meaning it can move last and so take a hit easily before punching a massive hole in the opposing Pokemon. And if you think that it's vulnerable the next turn when it is in Slash Forme, think again, because it can use priority King's Shield to get back to Shield Forme, block any damage and potentially cripple your opponent's attack.

2) Xerneas is great, Yveltal is underwhelming
Fairy typing in Ubers is great. So a box legendary alone with a Fairy typing would be a significant threat in Ubers, right? Throw in Geomancy and you have the Volcarona of Ubers, with the potential to sweep teams whole. Meanwhile, Yveltal has a typing which, while good, doesn't have spectacular coverage, or spectacular resistances. It's good as a bulky mon, with Oblivion Wing healing back a lot of health, but it isn't as much of a threat as people anticipated.

Wow, say what? Yveltal is in absolutely no way ''underwhelming''. Oblivion wing + dark aura boosted dark pulse are ridiculous easy to spam. Getting back 75% of damage done combined with that 130/90/90 bulk is absolutely insane. Killing yveltal is a pain even if you can keep rocks on the field. Yes, its not going to outright sweep teams like xerneas (that shit is fucking broken) but it offers a different niche as powerful tank.

Aegislash is stopped cold by anything with faster with Substitute that can take a Shadow Sneak.
It's really not as OP as it seems.

As for Xerneas, this thing is truly frightening. I don't think it would be a stretch to believe it could replace Kyogre as the new king of ubers, especially when you consider its ability and ENTIRE MOVEPOOL have been nerfed.
They nerfed water spout?

WOuld it be possible for people to try and figure out the following regarding garchomp and its mega form?

1) possible stats on garchomp in its mega form
2) tm/hm it can learn
3) what moves it naturally learns (via level up and through egg moves)

I'm really hoping it can now learn dragon dance and/or rock polish

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mega Garchomp's stats:

108 HP / 170 Atk / 115 Def / 120 SpA / 95 SpD / 92 Spe

MegaGarchomp @ Garchompnite
Sand Force
Naughty Nature
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge / Iron Head (if Togekiss becomes a staple in OU, and Cresselia gets the Fairy typing)

• 224+ Atk Sand Force Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon in sand: 180-213 (42.85 - 50.71%)
  • 32 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 237-279 (56.42 - 66.42%)
DM + EQ is a guaranteed 2HKO on physically defensive Hippowdon with SR up.
  • 224+ Atk Sand Force Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon in sand: 244-288 (58.09 - 68.57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 32 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0- SpD Landorus-T: 243-286 (63.77 - 75.06%). -2 32 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0- SpD Landorus-T: 121-144 (31.75 - 37.79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 32 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 266-314 (81.34 - 96.02%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 32 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory in rain: 132-156 (40.36 - 47.7%) -- 6.64% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock (so you can put a bit more SpA to even 2HKO it under rain)
  • 224+ Atk Sand Force Garchomp Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey in sand: 556-655 (85.27 - 100.46%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 32 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 208 SpD Ferrothorn: 308-364 (87.5 - 103.4%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 224+ Atk Sand Force Garchomp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss in sand: 224-264 (59.89 - 70.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather
  • 224+ Atk Sand Force Garchomp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia in sand: 192-226 (43.24 - 50.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather
  • 224+ Atk Sand Force Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W in sand: 129-152 (42.43 - 50%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather
  • -1 224+ Atk Sand Force Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados in sand: 210-248 (53.43 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather

Absolutely nothing can avoid the 2HKO from Mega Garchomp in sand, while it can OHKO standard Blissey after SR with Earthquake!!! Also, it doesn't take Life Or recoil, resists Stealth Rock, is immune to sandstorm damage, immune to Thunder Wave, has titanic bulk and doesn't overly depend on moves with negative secondary effects that make it easier to be played around (Outrage, Draco Meteor, Superpower). Yeah it uses Draco Meteor, but it only really needs it to 2HKO Landorus-T and to 2HKO physically defensive Hippowdon (and against the latter it doesn't even need to predict the switch-in, all it has to do is spam his STAB move). Mega Garchomp is simply the perfect wallbreaker. The only flaw it has is its reliance on sand, but it's not like sand doesn't have two awesome sand inducers that are very viable on their own right, and it's not like Mega Garchomp doesn't hit really fucking hard even outside of sand. So, come on stall, show me what you got against this...

Has anyone seen Knock Off's change? It's now a 65 BP (Dark-Type Physical) move that "does more damage" if the opponent has an item. Dark Gem Knock Off could remove the opponent's item and deal serious damage.

I'm not liking the pokemons that rely on weather because of the weather nerfs as stated above.
And I'm not quite sure what to feel about mega garchomp because of its speed.

Oh wow how did I miss this?

Boomburst
10 140 100 The user attacks everything around it with the destructive power of a terrible, explosive sound.

Boomburst sounds ridiculously overpowered from that description. A 100% accurate Normal-type Draco Meteor without the stat drop? There has to be a catch about it.
What if Gardevoir learns this move?

A stab move with 90 base power is only 2% weaker than a unsatabbed base 140 one, not to mention that boomburst hits nothing for se damage. Why on earth would gardevoir/auroros/or anything non normal want to use it when its basically eating up a slot that could be better used with a real coverage move.

A stab move with 90 base power is only 2% weaker than a unsatabbed base 140 one, not to mention that boomburst hits nothing for se damage. Why on earth would gardevoir/auroros/or anything non normal want to use it when its basically eating up a slot that could be better used with a real coverage move.
Gardevoir and Aurorus both transform normal moves into fairy or ic emoves, respectively.

Although it is ridiculous to even think either would get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)