Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
good morning all.

I'd be mroe than happy to prove it tomorrow, but so we can get mobilized quickly, I'd like claims. At the very least, role names would be nice.
And here I thought you were just goofing. In every game I ever ran I tried somehow to dismantle the toxic village leader system, and sometimes I made headway but a lot of times people just huddled around village leaders anyway. Well when sam says village leaders won't work, I for one am going to listen. And even if I wasn't, I sure as fucking shit wouldn't claim to a mayor.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
And here I thought you were just goofing. In every game I ever ran I tried somehow to dismantle the toxic village leader system, and sometimes I made headway but a lot of times people just huddled around village leaders anyway. Well when sam says village leaders won't work, I for one am going to listen. And even if I wasn't, I sure as fucking shit wouldn't claim to a mayor.
Well, there's a difference. Read my first post again. I'm not going to try and lead per se, so much as I am trying to organize everyone. Once everyone's organized, then I will simply step aside. Let's face it, while this is a variation on village leader, it emphasizes one thing:

The village must organize in order to win.

That's something all you so-called 'idealists' seem to not have been able to sink into your hard heads. I'm organizing, then we will make decisions TOGETHER. If you would prefer to see the village flounder each game, sure. Go ahead. You'll be laughed out. But if you want the village to have a fighting chance, then everyone can't 'hope for the best'. They have to cooperate. Work together. And someone has to be bold enough to step out into the goddamn light and GET SHIT DONE. My apologies if you misinterpret how this works. I'll even outline it for you.

1. I get names, so I can set a story to people.
  2. I prove my role.
  3. I got role claims.
  4. I put everything onto one big sheet, and all definitely 'cleared' villagers get access.
  5. We, as a community, figure out how the hell to proceed.
  6. Profit!
If you want this game to end with Mordor getting the Ring, sure. Go ahead. But I think you don't.

tl;dr I'm not a village leader, just a village organizer

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
YAYTEARS brings up a good point. It still begs the question as to why we should claim to you. There's got to be a better role to step up, probably once they have actually proven themselves.

The main problem for me, Ullar, is that you are trying to artificially create a group of Masons in a NOC game. The risk of scum getting into the circle is great and definitely not worth the edge gained in lynches. It would also turn the day phases into Ullar's group vs. Everyone else flamewar, which the mafia would abuse certainly.

What should be done instead is to figure out the soldiers and the Rohirrim. This should be done through tying lynches in the midgame, IMO.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Then all of you must want mafia to win every time.

Unless, of course, you prefer coordination and an actual goddamn chance.

You cry that the village leader system is dumb, but name me an alternative outside of NOC. Yes, this is half NOC, I don't need you reminding me.

The fact of the matter is this. Village in a Big game has an even WORSE chance of winning without a coordinator, seeing as there's a larger informed minority. Not to mention the neutrals that definitely exist! (Looking at you, Gollum.) I'm starting to think you guys would rather watch the world burn so that people can think for themselves. So they can learn.

Rise and shine, sleepyheads, time to wake up.

We won't learn. I know I didn't for a while. You know why? Because some folks don't care enough to immerse themselves. Some just drift idly, saying 'what do'.

I don't want this game to be a travesty, and I don't want to see the village lose. And yes, there are better roles to stand up and lead. There are better people. But there's a first goddamn time for everything.

Stand with me or die alone. Make your own little village huddle if you want to. Just don't try and pull me down when I'm trying to think for once.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
I'm not asking for claims, just for names.

You raise a good point, though. I haven't proven jack shit yet - the game's barely started!

But the early owlbear gets the giant leech, or so they say. I say it, anyway. I'll collect claims after I've proven myself tomorrow.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
My avatar is a goddamn owlbear, I don't think it'd be TOO hard for these uncultured swine

EDIT: But perhaps there is a Squealy Nord among us (now this joke I know nobody will get)

Last edited:

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would hesitate to let Bilbo anywhere near the village leadership role, given that he went crazy balls and tried to get the ring back from Frodo. I wouldn't be surprised if his role was connected to retrieving the ring in some way.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you know everyone's role name, you will know who claims to be vanilla and who doesn't. This gives you a good amount of info if you are mafia.

hey so i'll be leading the village during the game, ullar isn't evil but i have a v provable role:

Dear Eagle4,
You are two members of the Clockwork Soldiers, the Toy Platoon.
You are allied with Middle Earth.

You are two members of the toys that have inexplicably become ghosts hobbits. Additionally, you have very tall hats. Since there are three (well, two) of you, you will use your superior numbers to aid your side in this conflict.

You have no night action. However, because there are two of you, your vote counts double in the daily lynches.

You win if the Decidedly Evil Ghosts and the Rather Angry Ghosts Forces of Sauron are eliminated, as well as any hostile neutrals.

the other toy soldier can prove m role, plus mayor is bog standard in every big beginner game for the town

all clam to me

THIS IS A JOKE

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)