• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Let's go!

:D

Oh and remember that the poll thread is the place for MAC-admin-related feedback and theme suggestions!

dammit, how am i supposed to choose with so many amazing entries this month? i guess that's probably the best problem you can possibly have with the MAC, so I'm not complaining, but literally everyone's is amazing! I'm gonna have to take some time to think about my vote.

That said, I think that speaks to the quality of this month's theme. Emotion is something everyone can relate to. It is broad enough that everyone has freedom to produce just about anything they want, yet interesting enough that everyone has an idea and wants to participate. The weather theme was similar to this, and I'm surprised it didn't get more participation (I just didn't enter that month because I was swamped with work!)
But yeah, given the quality and quantity of these submissions, you guys are doing a great job of picking themes for the MAC! So great job to the administration and the artists this month!!! :heart:

This is why we need to allow multiple choices.

My favorites are JarardoMartino's (for the sheer hilariousness), Casteel's (for conveying the emotion chosen incredibly well), elcheeso's (for the fact he managed to capture a trollface in a Koffing and make the result actually look kind of funny), revolverKnight (don't know why, it just looks good), ZcX (excellent "sad clown" Conkeldurr), and I guess AragornBird (excellent Charmander/contrast.)

I voted casteel in the end, but really, we needs multiple choices for the polls.

i voted for Casteel; his (hers?) just had a great concept imo and amazing execution as well, i loved it

SENTRET's looked really good but it looked more sad to me than bored because of the monochromatic color scheme and the overwhelming amount of black

and elcheeso's was hilarious and also looked pretty good

Aragorn and Lanturn get MAJOR CUTE POINTS too

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So many amazing pieces!

I chose Sentret's over ab's because I liked the originality, both in the emotion that he picked, and how he went about it

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Voted for Jarardo cuz I literally lol'd when I saw it

Everybody's was fantastic, really great job this round!

Aragon's really made me feel the sadness on the picture, that's the only think i need to know who i should gave my vote, still many entries are amazing envy, fear and boredom are all really deep

Casteel is in fact a he. ;) Thanks for the votes guys! This is my first entry and I hope that I can continue to participate in future contests! Great job everyone!

My favourite entries were Yilx's, AB's, Sentret's and Casteel's. There's so many great entries it's hard to choose but in the end I went with Yilx's entry.

I really enjoyed a lot of these submissions, and felt it was hard to vote for just one. If you look at last month and how the poll is going so far, there seems to be a landslide. I feel like if we could vote for 1st 2nd and 3rd (maybe by PM, and less places during less active contests) it would result in a more even distribution that does justice to the amount of quality submissions MACs get. Of course, it might lower the amount of votes we get since it's currently a clicky poll, which is as simple as you can get, but I just wanted to suggest that at least. Great work to everyone who participated, so difficult to vote this poll and I've been following the submission thread avidly even so I should have known my vote by now ;_;

Volmise

.:The Firefly Light:.
is an Artist Alumnus
Oh man that Volmise, she really did a good picture. Everyone should totally vote for her. She captured the element of fear perfectl-*brick'd*

We had a lot of good entries this month, and I must say I enjoy a good majority of them. Aragon's especially stands out to me, between his color choices and details, not to mention hitting home with one of my favorite Pokémon and making reference to one of my favorite episodes from when I was a child.

A lot of these were so great. I ended up voting for Yilx's in the end, but everyone's had something I liked about it.

I think the idea of voting for your top 3 in order could be something to experiment with.

They were all so good and there were so many to chose from it was really hard. Ended up voting for ZcX, just over aragornbird who was also excellent.

I definitely support more than one vote.

Yilx's just perfectly does the "I will willingly serve you Master" expression and the scars are a lovely touch. So my vote was for Yilx ( Volmise and ab close runners-up)
Also, totally support multiple votes with this level of quality work

Oh gosh what a dream 2 votes! im about to cry , thats more of what i ever expected.( not joking)
And the idea of Tortferngatr and Alchemator of a mutiple-choice poll would be great as long as theres enough art to vote for.

A lot of notable mentions this time around. For starters, I loved the facial expression on Yilx's Machamp and found the style quite refreshing. Sentret's was excellent; beautiful execution, cute idea and funny pose- very dynamic and static wrapped in one. The monochromatic coloring is also quite nice, and the lighting effects are fairly fantastic. Bravo. Volmise was also interesting.. Though I felt something was off with ratatta's eyes, I really enjoyed the overall smoothness of the piece; it looks like something out of the anime. I liked the background as well. Casteels came second in humor.. definitely muttered a chuckle when seeing it. I like the sketch-like quality the piece has to it.. very.. free in style? I suppose.. Then there's elcheeso. Ohhh elcheeso.... Must I say more? XD (the artwork is good as well!)
Though I'm casting my vote for aragornbird for really capturing the emotion without sacrificing a background or a theme. Very cute and very smooth painting.
Second in my book goes to Sentret, followed by echeeso.
One of the best turn outs I remember, nice work everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)