MAC No. 2: Snow-kemon!

op stolen from elcheeso who stole it from someone else

concept originally by Bucky

We're pretty sure this is approved by Bummer

The Monthly Art Contest (MAC) is a long-standing tradition in Smeargle's Studio, dating back to 2010. Each month, a new themed contest begins. Submissions are open for a number of weeks, after which a poll will open and users can vote for their favourite entries. All entries must follow the theme set by the moderator in charge, and winning entries will receive prizes!

Rules

1. All global forum rules apply.

2. Submissions must follow the theme of the current contest to be eligible.

3. No plagiarism. Participants caught tracing or passing another's work off as their own will be disqualified from the current MAC, and permanently banned after a repeat offense.

4. Comments and criticisms are welcome, but posts such as "This one is definitely going to win/lose!" or "This sucks!" will be deleted, and such posts may get you warned.

5. Avoid posting excessively in the thread.

6. Voting for yourself in the poll is prohibited, and persons caught doing so will have their entry revoked. Likewise, do not create multiple accounts to vote.

7. Submissions should be no larger than 1000 by 1000 pixels.

8. Any sort of visual art is acceptable as a submission as long as it fits the theme. This includes, but isn't limited to: traditional art, digital art, sculptures and food. If you've got any doubts about whether your submission is acceptable, feel free to PM me about it.

9. We welcome suggestions for themes! To suggest a theme, PM brightobject or Tikitik .

Prizes

Following the end of each contest, the first, second and third place winners will be featured with full critique in an AW article, as well as on Smogon's Facebook page and Twitter.
More prizes may be added in the future!

Have fun and good luck!

Current deadline is January 10th. Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For those of you who will be entering for the first time, be sure to read all the rules carefully before applying, and to the others that already have experience with MAC, remind yourself again!

Winter is coming—and with it, everything we love about the cold season—the crunch of leaves underfoot, the brisk morning air, the ice skating, the sledding, and most of all the snow! And what better to do in the snow than build snowmen? Or, in your case, lucky contestants, Snow-kemon!

This MAC’s theme is Snow-kemon!
Gotta Build ‘Em All! Draw a Pokemon (s) of your choosing in snowman form! Anything will do—just a simple rendering of the Snow-kemon by itself, a picture of some real-life Pokemon building a work-in-progress Snow-kemon… Surprise us! As long as it involves Snow-kemon in some way, shape, or form, it’s totally ok! Now get out there, and show us the best your new frosty friends have to offer!

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus

Whoops, sorry for the sketchiness in this one, i had 30 minutes before i have to head to bed! ^^ Just a quick idea, apologies for the "child-like" look to this one, i can't do anything that fascinating XD

I have a feeling that snowman will not last long ヽ(;▽;)ノ

Last edited:

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus

I suddenly thought that when sneezing, Torchic actually sneezes Ember . And I saw this thread so decided to give a try |`v`)>
OK I know that hair just doesn't look Brendan (I tried) and Hoenn is a tropical land so not like you're going to see snow anyway just assume that they're having a trip to Sinnoh for winter break or sth. And I don't know how to do fire so Torchic ended up sneezing some weird smoke instead | `^`)>

Yo idk if this is ok to post in this thread but these pics are awesome. All of you did a great Job and this Challenge is goin on till end of december right ? I cant believe how you Guys finish such awesome pieces in such a short time. I like to draw as well so i know how much effort is in those drawings. Huge load of respect to yall :]

Last edited:
Heya everyone, I'll give the contest a little extention until I get back on my feet and to possibly open the possibility of getting some more entries. The new deadline is January 10th! Cheers everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)