Make it Rain Trick(Travis Porter Voice)

Hello Smogonites, this is my first RMT. It's a rain team that I used to peak at #7 on the ladder with a rating of 1423. Enjoy

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

A rain team is never without this thing. He's a great revenge killer to some of the metagame's top threats, such as Thundurus, Tornadus, Excadrill, Terrakion, and Landorus (provided the latter two haven't Rock Polished). The Scarf also means I am not susceptible to being trapped by Dugtrio, seeing as he is OHKO'd by any of my moves if I've gotten some spikes up. Focus Blast surprise kills Abomasnow, making taking on hail teams a ton easier. It also guarantees a kill on Tyranitar if sand is up, which would let it tank a Hydro Pump. Ice Beam is for revenging dragons and weakened grass types. Hydro Pump hits like an absolute truck under rain, and HP Grass helps against weakened bulky waters.

Gastrodon-Ea (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Earth Power

This counters the hell out of any Thundurus. Even the rare Grass Knot sets won't be breaking through it thanks to its light weight. Gastro is a bitch to kill for opposing rain teams in general - usually the only thing that can kill it is Ferrothorn, and Forretress spikes all over it. This dude puts an end to any team that relies on Rotom-W to beat rain because he walls him hard. Also, Scald with a Storm Drain boost and Rain boost hits extremely hard.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Forretress is extremely effective because 1. ghost types are extremely rare nowadays, bar Jellicent (who gets worn down by Toxic Spikes), and 2. he gets free setup vs the #1 Pokemon in usage, Ferrothorn. If I'm facing an offensive team, one layer of TS usually helps more because of the immediate damage regular poison inflicts, but against defensive teams, two layers are the way to go. Rapid Spin support is excellent for increasing Gyarados's longevity. Limiting the amount of damage Politoed has to take upon switching in to control the weather is also great. Gyro Ball prevents Landorus, Haxorus and Terrakion from turning me into setup fodder.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

My SR user and check to special threats, such as Latios/Virizion/Reuniclus/etc. If Gyara is low on HP, I can lure in a Heatran or something with Rachi as I make a wish, then get a free pass off - Rachi and Gyara's synergy is great. You might think that Body Slam paralysis might overlap with Toxic Spikes, but this metagame has a very high amount of flyers/steels/levitators/air balloon users, so paralyzing them is extremely helpful. Para-flinching can also help me gain Lefties recovery if I can't risk using Wish for fear of getting hit (against something like Landorus).

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Surf
- Trick

When paired with hazards, Specs Latios is a fucking nuke. Draco Meteor tears through even steel types with relative ease. Even the mighty Blissey is at risk of being 2HKO'd if I have maximum hazards. If I don't, no big deal - it won't enjoy being Tricked Choice Specs (neither will opposing SpD Rachi). Thunder rips up Jellicent. Latios+rain is really potent because Latios lures and weakens/kills Tyranitar, making winning weather wars alot easier.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Dragon Tail

My physical tank who phazes to abuse hazards. Waterfall coupled with rain hits surprisingly hard. Dragon Tail is a great move - a phaze attack coupled with decent base power and great typing. The only downside is its trollish 90% accuracy. Rest and Sleep Talk are rather poor forms of recovery, but they do give me a handy sleep absorber in the process. Intimidate is a great ability, as most of this metagame is physically-oriented. Overall Gyara is a great poke and it's very hard to kill, especially with Forry's spinning and Rachi's wishing.
---
That concludes my RMT, thanks for reading!

Hate to be a nuisance but there's only 5 members here and I feel that jirachi is weighed down by being a stealther since you have forretress who definitely has more than enough entry hazards for you

edit sorry lol glad to see gyarados here

Hate to be a nuisance but there's only 5 members here and I feel that jirachi is weighed down by being a stealther since you have forretress who definitely has more than enough entry hazards for you

edit sorry lol glad to see gyarados here
i wanted to use all hazards and atleast give forry one attacking move so i decided to give rachi SR

Understand your reasoning. Also not sure about impish on gyarados. Maybe brave or something that won't hinder his awesome atk evs. Also the picture you used is very scary! 0-0

Great team, however, you should replace something with a genie. you dont have many rain abusers, and your team runs fine without weather, and weather barely helps.

Hey Blingox24.
On fortress I suggest changing nature to relaxed and putting a 0 speed IV. I like your jirachi set, and since you are specially bulky, you could always ditch Gyro on fortress for SR, and put a screen of your choice on Jirachi, you would then need to switch to lightclay, but ya, It's just an opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)