[MATCH OVER] Showsni vs. Rittercat on The Silph Co. Roof[NyxRef]

Status
Not open for further replies.
444...445! So many goddamn flights of stairs! You'd think a world that creates a ghost seeing telescope could make an elevator but NOOO...
Wait,what? Man! I come up here to have a smoke and these two douchebags are up here battlin'! One of them is wearing a cat suit,too! Ugh, my luck. Well, my lunch break lasts 30 more minutes.. I s'pose I'll watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat RitterCat/Showsni
2v2 singles
DQ: 3 days
2 recovers/ 5 chills
Arena: Top of a skyscraper. Not diggable, qute obviously. A railing around the sides, but if enough stress is put on them they will break
Switch = KO
Items enabled
All abilities
The challengers:

Mienfoo [Grace] (Female)
Nature: Hasty
Type:
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: ***
Def: *(-1)
SpA: **
SpD: **
Spe: 75(65x1.15)

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Ability 1: Inner Focus
Type: Innate
When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Ability 2: Regenerator
Type: Innate
When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.
Ability 3: Reckless
Type: Innate(DW)
This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon do two (2) more damage, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

Attacks:
Pound
Meditate
Detect
Fake Out
Double Slap
Swift
Calm Mind
Knock Off
Low Kick
Vital Throw
Dig
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Nohface [Shade] (Female)
Nature: Adamant
Type:
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Stats:
Atk: ***(+1)
SpA: *(-1)
SpD: ***
Spe: 10

Abilities:
Ability 1: Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Scratch
Iron Defense
Lick
Odor Sleuth
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse
Tackle
Leer
FeatherDance
Yawn
Meteor Mash
Dig
Will-o-Wisp
Dream Eater

Charmander(*) Steamy (M)
Nature: Hasty (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Defense)

Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Solar Power (DW): (Innate) [LOCKED] When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Stats:
Charmander
Atk: **
Def: * (-)
SpA: ***
Spe: 75 (65 * 1.15)

EC: 0/9

Attacks:

Scratch (*)
Growl (*)
Ember (*)
Leer (*)
Metal Claw (*)
Smokescreen (*)
Rage (*)
Dragon Rage (*)
Scary Face (*)
Fire Fang (*)

Counter (*)
Focus Punch (*)
Outrage (*)

Fire Blast (*)
Will-o-wisp (*)
Substitute (*)

Mudkip(*) Jenny (F)
Nature: Hasty (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Defense)

Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Damp (DW): (Innate) [LOCKED] This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats:

Mudkip
SpA: **
Spe: 46 (40 * 1.15)

EC: 0/9

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Growl (*)
Mud Slap (*)
Water Gun (*)
Bide (*)
Foresight (*)
Mud Sport (*)

Counter (*)
Mirror Coat (*)
Refresh (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Surf (*)
Dig (*)

Teddiursa(*) Teddy (M)
Nature: Jolly (A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a +5% flat increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 Accuracy becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Special Attack reduced by *)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Pick Up: (Innate) This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponent's) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occuring hold items in arenas.
Quick Feet: (Innate) This Pokemon feels a sense of anxiety when afflicted with a status condition and its speed increases by 50% (x1.5). Although it can still be fully paralyzed, it will not suffer the speed drop.
Honey Gather (DW): (Innate) [LOCKED] This Pokemon emits a scent of sweet honey that lowers all foes' Evasion by one (1) Stage.

Stats:

Teddiursa
HP: 100
Def: **
SpA: * (-)
Spe: 46 (40 * 1.15)

Attacks:
Covet (*)
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Lick (*)
Fake Tears (*)
Fury Swipes (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Sweet Scent (*)

Close Combat (*)
Crunch (*)
Counter (*)

Toxic (*)
Facade (*)
Protect (*)

The Order Of Operations, Gentlemen!
1.RitterCat releases pokemon
2.Showsni releases and give actions
3.Ritter gives actions
4.I Ref
5.Ritter Acts
6.Showsni Acts
7.I Ref
8.Showsni Acts
and so on.

Okay Steamy, you're up!

(No hold item)

First, let's make a Substitute to avoid any sneaky tricks he tries to play. (A 15% HP Substitute). Once that's in place, attempt to burn him with Will-O-Wisp; then finish up with a full powered Fire Blast! (Odd how being Hasty actually increases your accuracy...)

(Substitute (15%), Will-O-Wisp, Fire Blast)

We need to get that Substitute out of the way. Meteor Mash it, then avoid the Will-o-Wisp with Shadow Sneak and hit the Substiute once more, then Shadow Sneak again to avoid the Fire Blast

Meteor Mash - Shadow Sneak - Shadow Sneak (evasive)

so,anyways, after a minor lull.. The battle begins! Showsni calls forth Steamy the Charmander, who's looking mighty hot with his hands empty! Rittercat calls forth a small,unimposing Shade the Nohface! Both pokemon stare each other down, ready for combat!

Energy:100%
VS.​

Energy:100%
Atk: ***(+)
Def:***
SpA: *(-)
Spe: 10​
FIGHT!​

The Action:
Steamy starts the round off by conjuring a charmander-shaped idol of flame and wills it into solid mass, substituting it for himself! Shade,however, isn't going to stand for that and goes leaping tnto the air, and her head begins to glow, mashing the substitute from above like a meteor! It strikes dead-on and right off the bat, the match starts with a critical hit! It doesn't deal enough of a blow,however, to break the substitute!
Shade follows up the assault by slinking into the nearby shadows of the railing, and reappearing nearby, slamming the substitute! It's a Shadow Sneak manuever!Steamy, now without a hiding place, breathes forth some blue-glowing embers, or a Will-o-Wisp, to cripple his opponent! It floats over and sinks into Shade's skin, burning her!
Shade once again darts into the nearby shadows, but doesn't reappear right away! Steamy stalks around the rooftop, waiting for the Nohface to reappear. He eventually looses his Dai kibona kasai(Thats Large Fire for all you laymen) at no target in particular. Shade then reappears nearby, making a wispy, almost chuckling noise. Steamy steams, as is his way, and the round ends.

HP: 75
Energy:75%
VS.​

Energy:82%
Burned.

Shade-
Meteor Mash- deals 13 dmg, 6 energy
Shadow Sneak-Deals 10 damage, breaks substitute, 3 energy
Shadow Sneak-Evade, 9 energy(3+4[second use+2[to use as evasion])Burn causes 2 damage.
Steamy-
Substitute- -15 HP, 12 energy
WilloWisp- Burn, 6 energy
Fire Blast- Miss, 7 energy

I gave Fire Blast its natural miss chance(modified for your nature of course) plus some for the evasion. It wasn't an auto miss,fyi. I just flavored it that way.Also, sorry for the delay.
Anways..
(Whoops, yep you're right Shows, edited.)
Rittercat is up next, then Showsni!

How preictable, fire for my steel baby. Shade, to show your contempt at his boring tactics with a Yawn. Then Leer evilly at him so he quivers with Defense-lowering fright. Finish it up by sneaking into the shadows and hitting that steamy lizard. But if he tries to use that Substitute of his to block our conniving tricks, then use Shadow Sneak on that turn and attempt to break down the sub with Meteor Mash and Faint Attack. If at any times he uses Fire Blast, then evade with Shadow Sneak

Yawn - Leer - Shadow Sneak
If he uses Substitute: Shadow Sneak on the subbing turn - Meteor Mash - Faint Attack until Round ends
If he uses Fire Blast: Shadow Sneak (evasive)

Well, hiding behind a Substitute is the better part of valor, right? So, make a Substitute (15% HP)! Now's no time to be taking a nap. Then, use Fire Fang; if we get lucky, he'll flinch and be unable to avoid a final Fire Blast!

(Substitute (15%), Fire Fang, Fire Blast)

The Battle Rages On! Round 2, GOOO!
I'm just going to light up a cigarette if neither of you mind? No? God. I was going to do it anyways.Anyways..

HP: 75
Energy:75%
VS.​

Energy:82%
Burned.
FIGHT!

The Action:
Shade quickly attacks by sneaking into the ever-lengthening shadows and appearing nearby, slamming the Charmander!Steamy the Charmander responds to this assault by using his previous tactic and building up his tiny substitute!
Steamy darts out from the substitute and latches onto poor Shade with his Fire Fangs, hurting the poor Nightfox! Shade responds by chasing the silly Charmander all the way back to its substitute and slamming into it from on high, with a powerful Meteor Mash! It doesn't break the sub,however!
Steamy hops out from behind his huma-,no pokemo-, no his toy shield and blasts forth a powerful Kanji-shaped Blast of Fire! Shade sneaks into the shadows rather quickly,however, and appears in the opposite direction of the blast, giggling again!
This war of attrition can't last forever! When will the scales tip? Find out next time!

HP: 52
Energy:51%
VS.​

HP: 71
Energy:64%
Burned.
Steamy-
Substitute- -15 Hp, 12 Energy
Fire Fang- 13 damage, 5 energy
Fire Blast- Miss(AGAIN), 6 energy
Shade-
Shadow Sneak- 8 damage, 3 energy
Meteor Mash- 7 damage, 6 energy(Fails to break Sub)
Snadow Sneak(evasive)- evades FB, 9 energy(3+2(evasive)+4(mult. use.))

Showsni, you're up next!

Okay, let's go all out! Fire Blast, Fire Fang and then Fire Blast again! That should heat things up!

(Fire Blast, Fire Fang, Fire Blast)

Okey-dokey. First, Shadow Sneak evasively out behind the railing and Levitate in the air as he Fire Blasts. Then stay there and Yawn as he comes out from his Substitute and tries to bite you (but you're behind the railing. Aha!) Then go back in and Shadow Sneak his Subsitute and hope for Fire Miss

It looks like the match will be "Heating" up this round,hehe.
The match has been looking prety one sided so far, with Steamy attacking all out and Shade is completely content to just dodge around the blasts! What will happen next?

Energy:51%
VS.

HP: 71
Energy:64%
Burned.
FIGHT!​

The Action:
Shade sneaks around the shadow of the railing and appears out in the air near the bulding, hovering there looking smug! Steamy decides to knock the little ghost down a knock! His blasts forth his Fiery assault! The little ghostfox never even realizes his mistake as the blast of flame melts right through the railing, leaving a twisted burning hole where it passed, and slams right into it! and oh my god, its a critical hit! Poor Shade..
Shade doesn't even seem like she's bothered,though! She just chills out on the air beyond the ledge, and yawns at Charmander! He doesn't hear it from behind his substitute,however! Steamy darts out,ready to rip into Shade with his Fire Fangs, but she's too far away to hit!
Shade zips through the shadows on the roof and appears nearby, sneaking up and slamming Steamy's substitute! It cracks and shatters! Steamy rears up and blast forth a huge gout of fire, dealing some serious damage!
Wow, that round had a clear victor!

Energy:29%
VS.

HP: 16
Energy:45%
Burned.

Steamy-
Fire Blast- 27 damage(crit), 7 energy, BARELY HITS
Fire Fang-Miss,4 energy
Fire Blast-22 damage, 11 energy

Shade-
Shadow Sneak- Evasive, 5 energy
Yawn- Sub prevents, 7 energy
Shadow Sneak- 8 damage, breaks sub, 7 energy
Burn deals 6 damage.

Shit

First Shadow Sneak over the edge through that hole and hide out of sight down the skyscraper. If he appears at the edge, then Shadow Sneak to knock him over. Otherwise, let a Yawn drift over the edge from the shadows and Chill for the remaining turns

He's going to play defensively is he? Well, two can play at that game! Set up a Substitute to block the yawn, then just stay away from the edge and chill out. He'll have to come back on the offensive soon or that burn will kill him for us!

(Substitute (15% HP), Chill, Chill)

Things look like they could end for little Shade this round. But we can't really know until we watch! Let's find out!

Energy:29%
VS.

HP: 16
Burned.
FIGHT!!​

The Action:
Shade quickly sneaks through the shadows, and hides in the shadows on the side of the building! Steamy takes this time to puff out his substitute!
Steamy takes this time to chill out, whilst Shade uses an ineffective yawn!
Both pokemon use the last action of the round to Chillout!

HP: 37
Energy:41%
VS.

HP: 10
Burned.

Sorry for the delay. I've been working a lot. Anyways...
Showsni,you're up!

Okay Steamy, we want to finish this, but we don't want to risk falling off the roof - that would hurt! Keeping away from the edge, use your Ember attack to throw a bunch small flames over edge towards where he's hiding. Then puff out a Smokescreen to help hide yourself. If he's still hanging on, repeat your earlier tactics and go for another Ember attack!

(Ember, Smokescreen, Ember)

Do as much damage as you can before you die, Shade. Shadow Sneak, Shadow Sneak and Shadow Sneak again until you die

I apologize for the delay Gentlemen. I've been quite bust and unable to get to a computer good enough to do damage calcs,etc. But I will ref tomorrow evening, around 7, after I get off work.
Please bear with me :/

Unfortunately,Gentlemen, I have bad news.
I will no longer be able to ref this match as I have had an increase in work time and a serious loss of computer usability :[(Crashes. Crashes everywhere.)
You'll need to look for a subref.
My apologies.
-NyxNocturne

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I got it. No worries and rest well Nyx!

Steamy (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Substitute (14 HP left)
Actions: Ember - Smokescreen - Ember

Shade (F)
HP: 10
Energy: 45

Boosts/Drops:

Others:
Burn (Atk cut in half, 2 DPA)
Actions: Shadow Spam

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 5: A Shadow's End

Oh, before we start, something bad happened. Nyx fell off the roof and fractured his skull! So with that said, he's at the hospital as we speak. Don't worry though, he'll be fine!

Okay, let's begin! Shade immediately stretches her lovely shadow to devour Steamy's own body and causes some sneaky damage in the way! The tickling effect made Steamy pretty aggressive as he spouts out a burning Ember from his tail! The layers of flame fall upon Shadow's body and cause her to cry out in pain until she can no longer take it anymore...

Steamy (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Substitute (9 HP left)

Shade (F)
HP: burnt
Energy: 0

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Steamy
A1: Ember > 4 + 3 + (3-3 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [11 Damage] [2 Energy]

Shade
A1: Shadow Sneak > 4 + 3 + (3-1 x 1.5) = 10 / 2 = [5 Damage] [2 Energy]

Rittercat sends out a new mon and its orders, then Showsni orders! Also apparently items are enabled, so equip them if you want to (you don't have to and it'll be awesome if you don't since it's less stuff to keep track of).

Let's go...

Mienfoo [Grace] (Female)
Nature: Hasty

Well Grace, it's our first turn in, so let's use Fake Out. Then dance around with swords and finish up by hitting that Charmander with a double slap

(How did the shadow sneak damage me? I've still got a 15% health substitute up...)

Nice work Steamy! Okay, let's try and show this Mienfoo who's boss! Whilst it Fake Outs your substitute, hit it with a Will-o-Wisp. If you miss, keep using Will-o-Wisp until you hit; otherwise, use Focus Punch from behind the safety of your substitute, then Fire Blast it!

(Will-O-Wisp, Focus Punch, Fire Blast
if the first will-o-wisp misses:
Will-O-Wisp, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Blast
if the second will-o-wisp also misses:
Will-O-Wisp, Will-O-Wisp, Will-O-Wisp)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Steamy (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Substitute (9 HP left)
Actions: Will-O-Wisp - Focus Punch - Fire Blast, sub A2/A3 for WoW if it misses

Grace (F)
Energy: 100

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Actions: Fake Out - Swords Dance - Doubleslap

Round 6: Steamy Grace

Yo Grace, good luck!

And god grace your swiftness! Grace elegantly and hastily delivers a smacking Fake Out against Steamy's wobbling Substitute, which still manages to stay in tact. Steamy then makes faces from behind, gets out, and uses his tail to throw a Will-O-Wisp at Grace like a ninja. This makes Grace's hands both go on fire for a second degree burn!

Funnily enough, both Pokemon have the same Speed, but it doesn't really matter in this action. Grace gracefully sets up a graceful Swords Dance while admiring the grace of the clouds up above. Steamy takes this as free time to power up from behind his Substitute then POW Grace with a smashing Focus Punch! That certainly left a big dent on her body!

This angers Grace into an outrage! She goes directly toward the Substitute and delivers a Doubleslap... FIVE TIMES! One slap utterly destroys the Substitute while the other five slap Steamy in burning rage! Girls slap really hard you know! But, it seems it wasn't hard enough as Steamy was able to successfully repel the attack, back away a bit, and breath a Fire Blast toward Grace! The fires consume Grace and make her even more on fire! Until they calm down of course... but what's left is a Grace black n' toasty!

Steamy (M)
HP: 27
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Grace (F)
HP: 48
Energy: 85

Boosts/Drops:
+2 Atk
Others:
Second Degree Burn (2 DPA, -3 damage for physical attacks)

Steamy
A1: Will-O-Wisp > [6 Energy]
A2: Focus Punch > 15 + (2-1 x 1.5) = [17 Damage] [9 Energy]
A3: Fire Blast > 12 + 3 + 2 + (3-2 x 1.5) = [19 Damage] [7 Energy]

Grace
A1: Fake Out > 4 + (3-1 x 1.5) = [7 Damage] [4 Energy] (sub has 2 more hp)
-2 HP
A2: Swords Dance > [7 Energy]
-2 HP
A3: Doubleslap > 2 (5) + (3-1 x 1.5) + (2-0 x 1.5) = 16 - 3 = [13 Damage] [4 Energy]
each hit deals 2.6 damage, 2 (4) = [10 Damage] while the first hit breaks the sub
-2 HP

man charmander hurts balls

Showsni's actions!

(Doesn't Fire Blast have 14 base damage now that Blaze is active? Sorry to nag!)

Keep up the offensive with another Fire Blast, Steamy! Then we'll heat things up with Ember, followed by another Fire Blast!

(Fire Blast, Ember, Fire Blast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)