May 7* Raid Event: Tera Rock Chesnaught

By the way if you were feeling like having a fun time

Zamazenta @ Leftovers (or Rusted Shield if there's another support)
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Reflect if you're feeling like it

Bit of a crit-me-not strat but it's just funny to use shield doggo.

:landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Mud-Slap
- Sandsear Storm
- Rain Dance

A slight modification to the Lando set I posted last page, using Nasty Plot over Taunt. This set is really good alongside Appletun, with +2 Tera Ground Sandsear Storm heavily chunking Chesnaught once it's at -6 SpDef.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I’m kind of surprised by how little love Espathra is getting— seen a lot of Koraidon, Iron Hands, Annihilape still. Decent number of good special attackers, Appletun/Grass types.

whatever I don’t care cause Espathra saves all its teammates and solos every time anyway

Mew @ Metronome / Miracle Seed
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Charm
- Giga Drain
- Skill Swap
- Acid Spray

This is a Mew version of my Espathra set, and I'd say it's better than Espathra (outside of the accessibility of Mew, ofc) thanks to having access to Giga Drain. It lets Mew attack and heal at the same time instead of having to use up a turn to heal with Roost in case of untimely crits. You could do this with Espathra with Shell Bell, as well, but Lumina Crash doesn't get you that much health before you get access to Tera Blast Grass, while Mew's Giga Drain heals you so much even pre-Tera, while also getting the benefit of using an attack-boosting item like Metronome or Miracle Seed. While Mew misses out on that initial +2 Defense that Espathra gets with Opportunist, Mew is significantly bulkier on the physical side which lets it withstand crits better after Chesnaught's stat reset.

0 Atk Tera Rock Chesnaught Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Espathra on a critical hit: 222-262 (66.8 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
vs
0 Atk Tera Rock Chesnaught Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Mew on a critical hit: 163-193 (47.6 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

Goal is the same. Charm at the beginning to heavily debuff Chesnaught's Attack stat. Skill Swap to remove Bulletproof so Acid Spray can hit it, then spam Giga Drain. I've found that if you're playing with more than one Appletun or another Espathra, there's no real need to use Acid Spray since 2 Apple Acid users and/or Lumina Crash will debuff SpDef for me at the same rate as Acid Spray would, so I just spam Charm as much as possible at the start, then Giga Drain spam immediately. Otherwise, I Charm first, Skill Swap second, then try to go for more Charms afterwards before shield goes up. I'm also using Acid Spray + Skill Swap over Fake Tears, which Mew learns, since it'll allow me to only use one turn to Skill Swap so I can spend that time using Charm. Since AS hits shield, and FT doesn't, I can just use that when the shield goes up instead of having to hastily juggle around FT and Charm at the start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)