Megas For All: V3! (Slate #4 VOTING; Check Post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slate #3: April Fools!

April fools! Celebrate by giving these two viable Pranksters a mega!

Limitations:
Ability level:

Anything at the level of Prankster or below is permitted

Move Restrictions:
No status moves that can / will break the base forme! Be very careful in your explanations if you give one or both of these status moves.

Also a consistency sidenote: Dont change primary types from here on out! It goes against precedent.

Submissions will close (give or take, I gauge based on thread activity) a week from today!

Last edited:
Klefki

Steel/Fairy --> Steel Fairy

HP 57 --> 57 (0)

Atk 80 --> 95 (+15)

Def: 91 --> 125 (+34)

SpA 80 --> 95 (+15)

SpD 87 --> 120 (+33)

Spe 75 --> 78 (+3)

Prankster/Magician --> Prankster

New Moves: Stealth Rock, Moonlight

This is a really quite simple mega that's main focused on making Klefki a better defensive Pokemon. Stealth Rock allows it to run another option on its hazard set. Moonlight is a form of semi-reliable recovery that allows Klefki to keep health throughout the match with out being as useful as other recovery moves due to its low PP and lowered effectiveness in weather
NO STATUS MOVE ADDITIONS WITHOUT SEVERE PROOF OF NOT BEING BROKEN FOR THE BASE FORME
That's an example of overtuning the base form. This takes Klefki from an A- Pokemon to an S-rank pretty much. Please consider changing or removing these moves.

Klefki-Mega

Type: Steel/Fairy -> Steel/Fairy
Ability: Prankster/Magician -> Prankster
New Moves: +Earth Power, +Moonblast, +Doom Desire (in that order of priority, if there's a limit on moves added)
HP: 57 -> 57 (+0)
Attack: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Defense: 91 -> 120 (+29)
Special Attack: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Special Defense: 87 -> 100 (+13)
Speed: 75 -> 83 (+8)
Justification?: I made these changes in an attempt to transform Klefki from a pure support Pokémon into a bulky set-up sweeper. While I refrained from adding any status moves to avoid the potential of breaking regular Klefki, Klefki already gets Calm Mind through TM; correspondingly, I decided to prioritize boosting Defense over Special Defense as Calm Mind boosts both Special Attack and Special Defense. Earth Power is added to give Klefki great neutral coverage alongside its Fairy STAB, Moonblast is a generic Fairy move and gives Klefki a power upgrade over its normal strongest Fairy move, Dazzling Gleam, and Doom Desire... This is a difficult one, as currently it's an exclusive move to Jirachi, but in all honesty there's not much flavor associated with it outside of its exclusivity so I thought it would be okay here. Anyway, that change was made to allow Klefki to force switches with a powerful, albeit delayed attack; if it's found that this contradicts flavor too much, I'll remove it without a replacement.

Whimsicott-Mega

Type:
Grass/Fairy -> Grass/Flying
Ability: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll -> Aerilate
New Moves: +Swords Dance (pretty confident this won't break the base form as Whimsicott's base Attack is pretty low to begin with and it doesn't have Play Rough), +Hyper Voice
HP: 60 -> 60 (+0)
Attack: 67 -> 110 (+43)
Defense: 85 -> 90 (+5)
Special Attack: 77 -> 100 (+23)
Special Defense: 75 -> 90 (+15)
Speed: 116 -> 130 (+14)
Justification?: too lazy to do this now, will fill in later​

Last edited:

Steel/Fairy
Serene Grace
57 / 90
(+10) / 131 (+40) / 90 (+10) / 112 (+25) / 90 (+15)
Moonblast, Discharge
Move over, Jirachi, there's a new Serene Grace user in town. Sporting a STAB Moonblast with a 60% chance to lower Special Attack and Discharge with an equally high chance to paralyze, not to mention Mirror Shot with a 60% chance to lower accuracy. Also, Flash Cannon becomes a Steel type Shadow Ball that Bulletproof doesn't protect against.

Grass/Steel
Prankster
60 / 92
(+25) / 130 (+45) / 92 (+15) / 115 (+40) / 91 (-25)
Flash Cannon, Automize
Uh, I made these separately, so I had no idea how similar their stats were until now. That said, they're arguably more different now than they were pre-mega; where Mega Klefki is good at spreading status and forcing switches, Mega Whimsicott becomes one hell of a tank with a Grass/Steel typing, 60/130/115 bulk, and Prankster Cotton Guard (at +3, it's bulkier than Mega Aggron). The ultimate in steel wool technology.
Edit: Whimsicott is already pretty fast and learns Tailwind anyway, so I don't see Automize being particularly useful on the base form.

Last edited:
Whimsicott-Mega

Shiny:

Type: Grass/Fairy -> Grass/Fire
Ability: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll -> Fur Coat
New Moves: Heat Wave
Attack: 67 -> 70 (+3)
Defense: 85 -> 85 (+0)
Special Attack: 77 -> 100 (+23)
Special Defense: 75 -> 145 (+70)
Speed: 116 -> 120 (+4)
BST: 480 -> 580
Justification?: Why fire whimsicott? Because I can. And it looks cool, too! Fur Coat is due to Whimsicott being floof.​

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Klefki-Mega
Ability: Prankster/Magician ----> Flame Absorb (Volt Absorb clone)
Typing: Steel/Fairy ----> Steel/Fairy
HP: 57 ----> 57 (+0)
Attack: 80 ----> 95 (+15)
Defense: 91 ----> 130 (+39)
Special Attack: 80 ----> 95 (+15)
Special Defense: 87 ----> 104 (+17)
Speed: 75 ----> 89 (+14)
Base Stat Total: 470 ----> 570
Movepool Additions: U-turn, Moonblast
Justification?: Basically I wanted Klefki to capitalize on its typing by becoming a really good pivot with its access to Spikes, Thunder Wave, U-turn, and Moonblast. Moonblast is a step up from Play Rough for the special sets, giving it a STAB move to buff itself up against special attackers and overpower them should it decide to go the Calm Mind route as it has really decent bulk after Mega Evolving (with an immunity to boot). The Fire immunity makes it somewhat better than Heatran as it doesn't have a weakness to Fighting or Water and is only 2x weak to Ground however it lacks Stealth Rock, Taunt, and power that Heatran has, all the while taking up a Mega slot, so it doesn't completely outclass it either. The Fire immunity also recovers Klefki's HP should it switch into a Fire-type giving it a way to continue on throughout the match.

Whimsicott-Mega
Ability: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll ----> Contrary
Typing: Grass/Fairy ----> Grass/Fairy
HP: 60 ----> 60 (+0)
Attack: 67 ----> 75 (+8)
Defense: 85 ----> 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 77 ----> 100 (+23)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 85 (+10)
Speed: 116 ----> 155 (+39)
Base Stat Total: 480 ----> 580
Movepool Additions: Leaf Storm, Earth Power
Justification?: Whimsicott-Mega now becomes a better Serperior as it has a secondary STAB and coverage in Earth Power. I felt that Leaf Storm fits since Whimsicott reminds me of pollen and allergy season and all that lol. Earth Power fits since Whimsicott gives off that Mother Nature sort of vibe. I also decided to make it the now fastest Mega as its base forme is very fast anyways thanks to Prankster, which it now loses. I kept its typing the same as I really like the resists and immunity that Grass/Fairy gives despite its big weaknesses.​

Last edited:
707.gif

Klefki
-Mega
Ability: Prankster/Magician ----> Infiltrator
Typing: Steel/Fairy

Stats:
HP:
57 ----> 57
Attack: 80 ----> 130 (+50)
Defense: 91 ----> 111 (+20)
Special Attack: 80 ----> 90 (+10)
Special Defense: 87 ----> 107 (+20)
Speed: 75 ----> 75
Movepool Additions: Psycho Cut, Swords Dance [I doubt that it will overpower base Klefki due to its incredibly sparse movepool with only Play Rough, Foul Play (not affected by Swords Dance) and Psycho Cut as viable physical moves. Plus, outside of Prankster, Klefki only has base 75 Speed in its normal and Mega forme while normal Klefki only has 80 Attack]
Description: Klefki's mega-evolution takes it to its medieval forme from the collection of weaponry. Its head is actually a scepter in its medieval forme while the keys are taken place by swords made of Valyrian sharp steel that are capable of piercing through anything bar Cloyster's shell.
Competitive: Due to its nature of weaponry, Mega Klefki gets a generous boost in its Attack stat. That makes it a decent physical sweeper, a role its base form can never achieve with only base 80 Attack. As threatening Swords Dance Prankster looks like, Klefki cannot take much advantage of it due to its barren physical movepool that can be walled by Steel types as well as only base 75 Speed when attacking. Still, it has its high Attack, great bulk, and incredible defensive typing to make it viable as well as Infiltrator to negate Substitutes and dual screens.​

547.gif

Whimsicott-Mega
Ability: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll ----> Effect Spore
Typing: Grass/Fairy

Stats:
HP:
60 ----> 60
Attack: 67 ----> 67
Defense: 85 ----> 130 (+45)
Special Attack: 77 ----> 102 (+25)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 105 (+30)
Speed: 116 ----> 116
Base Stat Total: 480 ----> 580
Movepool Additions: None :)
Description: Whimsicott's cotton-like substance in its back grows, making it fluffier than ever. However this cotton is not that soft; in fact it is thick and sticky due to the spores stuck inside of it. Anything and anyone that touch Whimsicott-mega are all prone on having the spores being passed on it.
Competitive: Whimsicott's mega forme can be played as a physical tank or pivot thanks to its buffed defense and the ability to cripple physical sweepers that touch Mega Whimsicott. It gets pseudo recovery moves in Leech Seed and Giga Drain, the latter geting a better damage thanks to a welcome boost to its Special Attack stat. Its low HP may suck, but it still retains the high Speed Whimsicott has to pick up a clutch Giga Drain or U-Turn. Its typing is a mixed bag. It gets handy resistances to Water, Fighting, and Grass types but it also gets a nasty double weakness to Poison along crucial weaknesses to Ice, Fire and Flying.​

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile

Klefki Mega
Ability: Levitate
Typing:

Stats: 57 / 90 (+10) / 141 (+50) / 90 (+10) / 117 (+30) / 75 [BST 570 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: None
Description (Competitive): It now switches from being an annoying support mon to a more wall-ish beast. Steel / Fairy is already a fantastic ability, especially when paired up with Levitate. This removes the Ground weakness, making it only weak to Fire-type attacks. It now has near Skarmory levels of physical bulk, packed in with a good SpDef that Skarmory lacks. What really holds Mega Klefki back is lack of good recovery, only having Rest to heal up. A CroKey set could work with CM / Dazzling / Sleep Talk / Rest or something similar.

Whimsicott Mega
Ability: Natural Cure
Typing:

Stats: 60 / 57 (-10) / 135 (+50) / 102 (+25) / 130 (+55) / 96 (-20) [BST 580 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: none
Description (Competitive): Oh boy, another wallmon that lacks reliable recovery. Rest, however, is a lot more usable on Mega Whimsi due to the fact that it has Natural Cure to heal off the sleep as it switches out. It also has good bulk in 60/135/130, and it has a usable 102 SpA to hit things with Moonblast. It has a bunch of cool toys like Stun Spore and U-Turn, and it gets prankster on the turn it mega evolves. Nice.

Last edited:
WIP
Mega Klefki

Ability: Prankster/Magician -> Lightningrod
New Moves: Earth Power, Moon Blast, Volt Switch
Attack: 80 -> 70 (-10)
Defense: 91 -> 120 (+29)
Special Attack: 80 -> 113 (+33)
Special Defense: 87 -> 120 (+33)
Speed: 75 -> 90 (+15)
Justification: A reference to Benjamin Franklin's experiment with lightning and conduction using a key and a kite. Lightningrod adds an Electric immunity, giving it 3 immunities in total. Before, Klefki's Prankster Thunder Wave shenanigans meant Electric types like Thundurus and Magnezone can come in for free, but now they have to think twice as a poorly-timed Electric attack gives Mega Klefki a Special attack boost. Mega Klefki also walls Ice/Grass coverage that Electrics usually carry, resists Magnezone's Steel STAB and is neutral to things like Thundurus's Superpower and most of Raikou's coverage options (only Shadow Ball hits neutrally). Lightningrod also puts a stop to Volt Switch spam and Mega Klefki's typing doubly resists U-turn so it reduces the effective of Volturn teams at least.

Earth Power is for great coverage with Fairy and to hit at the Electrics it walls, Moonblast is STAB for the now higher special attack, and Volt Switch makes it a pivot as well. (In order of priority if there is a move limit).

You can also absorb any Thunder Waves bounced back at you by Magic Bouncers, which is a nice safeguard, giving yourself a Special Attack boost instead to scare off a Mega Sableye with your Fairy STAB for example.

Kind of flip flopping between this idea and another one but at least this is more unique

Mega Whimsicott

Type:
Grass/Fairy -> Grass/Fairy
Ability: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll -> Simple
New Moves: Earth Power, Clear Smog
Attack: 67 -> 67 (+0)
Defense: 85 -> 100 (+15)
Special Attack: 77 -> 100 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 -> 130 (+55)
Speed: 116 -> 123 (+7)
Justification: Magic prank cotton balls suddenly growing wild! If I understand how speed and Mega Evolving works correctly, you can Prankster Cotton Guard/Growth as you Mega Evolve and the Mega ability Simple kicks in- you can instantly get a +6 Defense from Cotton Guard or +2 in Attack/Special Attack (+4 in the Sun). The massive defense boost goes well with Grass/Fairy's key resistances to common types of Water, Ground, Dark, Electric, Fighting, Grass and immunity to Dragon. Growth can boost its pretty mediocre Special Attack, but the Cotton Guard set is where its true niche lies. Earth Power is nice coverage with Moonblast while Clear Smog is air-related and removes your opponent's stat boosts (ironically something that renders enemy Mega Whimsicott ineffective).

That said, Mega Whimsicott is weak to Fire which makes any Sun Growth sets quite risky. Synthesis is not the most reliable in terms of recovery and Giga Drain can get HP back but it has poor attacking coverage.

If I'm wrong let me know and I can fix this.

Last edited:

Mega Whimsicott
Type: Grass/Fairy -> Grass/Fire
Ability: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll -> Chlorophyll
New Moves: Fire Blast, Play Rough
Attack: 67 -> 97 (+30)
Defence: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Special Attack: 77 -> 117 (+40)
Special Defence: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 116 -> 116 (+0)

Justification: Mega Fluff! Whimsicott turns from an annoying support Pokémon into a powerful Sun Sweeper, either for dedicated sun teams or as a stand-alone sweeper because of Prankster giving you priority sun and then you mega evolving on the same turn means you get your defence boosts. I decided not to give Mega Fluff more speed because with Chlorophyll, for the most part, your speed will probably be doubled for the most part. The addition of 40 Special Attack puts you on around the level for a special wallbreaker like Roserade, and the additional 30 attack lets you use a Physical set on dedicated sun, as physical sun sweeper are rare, though it is still weak, so you would most likely be giving it U-Turn to turn back to your Sun Setter after the sun fades for a cycle. It would probably be held back by a weakness to Fire, which is further compounded by the sun increasing Fire type attacks power, as well as losing it's immunity to dragon.

Mega Klefki
Type: Fairy/Steel -> Fairy/Steel
Ability: Prankster/Magician -> Filter
New Moves: N/A
Attack: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Defence: 91 -> 101 (+10)
Special Attack: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Special Defence: 87 -> 107 (+20)
Speed: 75 -> 125 (+50)

Justification: In an effort to not make Klefki broken, I've decided against giving it new moves and just giving it more speed and Filter to try and simulate Prankster and make Klefki harder to kill while it sets up Spikes or screens or spreads Thunder Wave. The extra stats give Klefki some more staying power to make up for its poor HP and lack of reliable recovery, and the attack buffs are there because I had 20 stat points left, and to also give it an option to fight back against a Mega Sableye that might try and taunt you. Not having Prankster probably makes this less useful than the base form overall, but I didn't want to just give stat boosts.

This looks fun! I'll be keeping up with this thread in the future!

I forgot as well, glad I made it. Both of them went from annoyers to annoyers that have offensive presence.

Whimsicott-Mega
Ability: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll -> Prankster
Typing: Grass / Fairy
Stats:
Attack: 67 -> 127 (+60)
Defense: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Special Attack: 77 -> 77 (+0)
Special Defense: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Stats: 60/127/95/77/105/116
Move Additions: Play Rough, Bulk Up, Rock Slide
Description: Bulk up, because Whimsicott bulks up how much floof it has! No but seriously, Whimsicott-Mega has a mediocre-enough physical movepool to work with, including Seed Bomb, (now) Play Rough, U-Turn, Knock Off, and (now) Rock Slide. Surprisingly, it doesn't actually need much else in order to stay viable; Whimsicott-Mega may have 60 HP, but it can vastly increase its bulk with a few bulk ups, which are all +1 priority. Because of this, non-priority users are automatically put against a +1 attacker and a +1 defender at the same time. Rock slide is mostly in there for competitive viability, but it makes sense when Whimsicott-Mega's floof is bulked up enough to throw around rocks! Talonflame hurts Whimsicott-Mega's viability a lot (even though Rock Slide can OHKO), but the mighty floof's key resistances to everything else make up for it. Maybe not worth the mega slot, but who knows? It actually could end up in MFA UU alongside its base form, awkward

Klefki-Mega
New Moves: N/A
Attack: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Defense: 91 -> 86 (-5)
Special Attack: 80 -> 135 (+55)
Special Defense: 87 -> 82 (-5)
Speed: 75 -> 115 (+40)
Stats: 57/95/86/135/82/115
Move Additions: Bullet Punch, Pursuit
Description: Gottagofast! This mega for Klefki can switch from an annoyance to a fast and strong annoyance. It notably loses some bulk, but gains in both offenses and becomes much faster, hitting 115 speed. It also has a very impressive 135 special attack and a somewhat less impressive 95 attack, both of which can be used in tandem to take down walls. Because of the newly-obtained pursuit, Psychic types are now vulnerable to being trapped. This usually doesn't affect either mon very much, but combined with bullet punch and dazzling gleam, Klefki-Mega can get rid of or severely hurt every single magic-bouncer in the meta. This is awesome for Klefki-Mega because it means that it doesn't always have to worry about a bouncer switching in because a well-timed move can get rid of that threat easily. All is not well for Klefki-Mega, though, because it still falls to exactly the same threats that it did before because it doesn't have any new tools to take advantage of. The reduced bulk doesn't help it annoy enemies at all, so you can wait for a while before mega-evolving in order to tank a possible OHKO on Klefki-Mega.

Although it's not Solrock or Lunatone, they ARE Sun and Moon related.

Volcarona-Mega
Ability: Flame Body/Swarm ---> Drought
Typing: Bug/Fire
Stats:
HP 85 ---> 85
Attack 60 ---> 65 (+5)
Defense 65 ---> 100 (+35)
Special Attack 135 --> 165 (+30)
Special Defense 105 --> 125 (+20)
Speed 100 ---> 110 (+10)
BST 550 ---> 650
As for design, it could have actual fire wings and add lots of small details to make it look grand, almost like the sun itself. It would be primarily used for the classic Quiver Dance set which is now on complete steroids with it's improved stats and Drought. By the time the sun went away, you would have accumulated enough Special Attack Boosts from Fiery Dance (if you're using that) to sweep anyway. It would also have a role as a wallbreaker and sun setter. It has more bulk, speed and special attack than Charizard Y, almost completely outclassing it. Although it might end up in ubers, it just seems so fitting.

Mightyena-Mega
Ability: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie ---> Tough Claws
Typing: Dark
Stats:
HP 70 ---> 70
Attack 90 ---> 155 (+65)
Defense 70 ---> 80 (+10)
Special Attack 60 --> 50 (-10)
Special Defense 60 --> 65 (+5)
Speed 70 ---> 100 (+30)
BST 420 ---> 520
In design, it could become feral and almost werewolf-like. The claws and teeth would become much larger. With it's solid 155/100 sweeping stats and Tough Claws, it can throw out brutal Sucker Punches, and with Play Rough and the fangs, it has great coverage too. With Intimidate pre-mega, it won't be so frail and could live physical hits pretty well. Although Mega Absol mostly outclasses it, it beats Absol in bulk and raw damage output thanks to it's abilities.
Hi there; we operate on a slate to slate basis rather than free submissions whenever, I'd implore you to read the op and lurk in the thread some more. If you wanna post for the current slate, Klefki and Whimsicott, feel free to in another post!

Although it's not Solrock or Lunatone, they ARE Sun and Moon related.
Volcarona-Mega
Ability: Flame Body/Swarm ---> Drought
Typing: Bug/Fire
Stats:
HP 85 ---> 85
Attack 60 ---> 65 (+5)
Defense 65 ---> 100 (+35)
Special Attack 135 --> 165 (+30)
Special Defense 105 --> 125 (+20)
Speed 100 ---> 110 (+10)
BST 550 ---> 650
As for design, it could have actual fire wings and add lots of small details to make it look grand, almost like the sun itself. It would be primarily used for the classic Quiver Dance set which is now on complete steroids with it's improved stats and Drought. By the time the sun went away, you would have accumulated enough Special Attack Boosts from Fiery Dance (if you're using that) to sweep anyway. It would also have a role as a wallbreaker and sun setter. It has more bulk, speed and special attack than Charizard Y, almost completely outclassing it. Although it might end up in ubers, it just seems so fitting.

Mightyena-Mega
Ability: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie ---> Tough Claws
Typing: Dark
Stats:
HP 70 ---> 70
Attack 90 ---> 155 (+65)
Defense 70 ---> 80 (+10)
Special Attack 60 --> 50 (-10)
Special Defense 60 --> 65 (+5)
Speed 70 ---> 100 (+30)
BST 420 ---> 520
In design, it could become feral and almost werewolf-like. The claws and teeth would become much larger. With it's solid 155/100 sweeping stats and Tough Claws, it can throw out brutal Sucker Punches, and with Play Rough and the fangs, it has great coverage too. With Intimidate pre-mega, it won't be so frail and could live physical hits pretty well. Although Mega Absol mostly outclasses it, it beats Absol in bulk and raw damage output thanks to it's abilities.
Sorry dude but those aren't open for submissions - discussion... You can only post about the two pokés selected each slate... This time the two victims are Klefki and Whimsicott...

Then... I'm gonna post my things even if I personally feel there are two other submissions that are pretty amazing (one each poké)... Maybe you like them...

Klefki-Mega
New Moves: Wish
Attack: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Defense: 91 -> 111 (+20)
Special Attack: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Special Defense: 87 -> 107 (+20)
Speed: 75 -> 95 (+20)

Not a big deal here... Boosted stats everywhere to make it less passive and a little bit bulkier. Wish will be amazing with priority and will grant Mega Klefki some healing... however this will not be broken because it will still need two turns to work and 57-100-100 isn't absurdly bulky. Of course, Wish - Protect shenanigans can work but then you are giving up two moveslots in your mega just for auto healing... and wish passing from base 57 HP will not be enough for a lot of pokes... at least having priority can help it to wish before fainting to pass a little bit of recovery to another teammate.

Whimsicott-Mega
Stats:
Attack: 67 -> 92 (+25)
Special Attack: 77 -> 102 (+25)
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 116 -> 131 (+15)
Move Additions: Work Up.
What? what are you doing with this?????

Yep... I'm sure... 92-102-131 are decent attacking stats and prankster will make Whimsicott able to still get the whole prankster thing, but it can also get a Prankster Work Up boost and try to sweep with Moonblast - Giga Drain - Hidden Power coverage. Also 131 speed will put you over a few speedy things to make sweeping possible (and also gets Whimsicott over Talonflame in case you want to paralyze it xD). The added bulk might feel weak but it's enough to still make Whimsicott-Mega pretty annoying with Sub-Seed things thanks to still having the same crappish HP but better defenses (252 Def/252SpD/4SpA Sub-Seeding-Protect will be absurdly annoying to take down, especially considering that anything with more than 261 HP will give you enough HP for infinite subbing (Hell, Blissey will give you more than a sub each turn xD)... so, Why not?

See ya!

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sorry dude but those aren't open for submissions - discussion... You can only post about the two pokés selected each slate... This time the two victims are Klefki and Whimsicott...

Then... I'm gonna post my things even if I personally feel there are two other submissions that are pretty amazing (one each poké)... Maybe you like them...

Klefki-Mega
New Moves: Wish
Attack: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Defense: 91 -> 111 (+20)
Special Attack: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Special Defense: 87 -> 107 (+20)
Speed: 75 -> 95 (+20)

Not a big deal here... Boosted stats everywhere to make it less passive and a little bit bulkier. Wish will be amazing with priority and will grant Mega Klefki some healing... however this will not be broken because it will still need two turns to work and 57-100-100 isn't absurdly bulky. Of course, Wish - Protect shenanigans can work but then you are giving up two moveslots in your mega just for auto healing... and wish passing from base 57 HP will not be enough for a lot of pokes... at least having priority can help it to wish before fainting to pass a little bit of recovery to another teammate.

Whimsicott-Mega
Stats:
Attack: 67 -> 92 (+25)
Special Attack: 77 -> 102 (+25)
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Stats: 60/127/95/77/105/116
Move Additions: Work Up.
What? what are you doing with this?????

Yep... I'm sure... 92-102-131 are decent attacking stats and prankster will make Whimsicott able to still get the whole prankster thing, but it can also get a Prankster Work Up boost and try to sweep with Moonblast - Giga Drain - Hidden Power coverage. Also 131 speed will put you over a few speedy things to make sweeping possible (and also gets Whimsicott over Talonflame in case you want to paralyze it xD). The added bulk might feel weak but it's enough to still make Whimsicott-Mega pretty annoying with Sub-Seed things thanks to still having the same crappish HP but better defenses (252 Def/252SpD/4SpA Sub-Seeding-Protect will be absurdly annoying to take down, especially considering that anything with more than 261 HP will give you enough HP for infinite subbing (Hell, Blissey will give you more than a sub each turn xD)... so, Why not?

See ya!
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Now that I know how this works, I think I'll take a second shot at this.

Whimsicott-Mega
Ability: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll -> Fur Coat
Attack: 67 -> 72 (+5)
Special Attack: 77 -> 117 (+40)
Special Defense: 75 -> 110 (+35)
Speed: 116 -> 126 (+10)
New moves: Calm Mind, Synthesis
Competitive Usage: It's CM set would probably be the most most common. With CM to boost special defense and it already having ridiculous physical bulk, it could become nearly unkillable without Poison. If you're not into the set-up side, it still has outstanding physical bulk and speed with mediocre special defense and attack, making it a powerful utility. With moves like Hurricane, Giga Drain, U-Turn and Dazzling Gleam, it can do some pretty solid damage all the while still playing out a supportive role with moves like Encore, Thunder Wave, Leech Seed and Synthesis. With it's diversity and great stats, it could become a serious OU level threat.

Klefki-Mega
Attack: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Defense: 91 -> 141 (+50)
Special Attack: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Special Defense: 87 -> 122 (+35)
Speed: 75 -> 75 (+0)
Competitive Usage: Almost identical to regular Klefki. Similar to Mega Scizor, it keeps its ability and merely gets better stats. With its improved bulk, it can stay on the field longer and the special attack boost adds a slight offensive threat.

Klefki-Mega
Ability: Prankster/Magician ----> Analytic

Stats:
HP
: 57
Attack: 80 ----> 80
Defense: 91 ----> 146 (+55)
Special Attack: 80 ----> 90 (+10)
Special Defense: 87 ----> 142 (+55)
Speed: 75 ----> 55 (-20)
Movepool Additions: Wish
Competitive: Bulky special attacker with a good typing.​

Mega Klefki
Ability: Prankster/Magician -> Levitate
Typing: Steel/Fairy -> Steel/Fairy
Stats:
HP: 57
Defense: 91 -> 121 (+30)
Sp. Attack: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Sp. Defense: 87 -> 117 (+30)
Speed: 75 -> 65 (-10)
New Moves: None

Levitate improves Klefki's already stellar defensive typing, giving it only one weakness and allowing it to check a lot more Pokemon reliably. Klefki can either be a bulky utility Pokemon, similar to its base form, or use the added Sp. Attack to be a Calm Mind sweeper or other more offensive options.

Mega WhimsicottAbility: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll -> No Guard
Typing: Grass/Fairy -> Grass/Fairy
Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 67 -> 77 (+10)
Defense: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Sp. Attack: 77 -> 117 (+40)
Sp. Defense 75 -> 100 (+25)
New Moves: +Leaf Storm

Mega Whimsicott acts primarily as a quick special attacker with moderate bulk. With No Guard, it can abuse moves such as Hurricane, Grasswhistle, Stun Spore and Leech Seed fairly well. A SubSeed set with Hurricane would be an effective set, as well as all-out attacking sets, 3 attacks + Grasswhistle and more.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mega Klefki
Ability: Prankster/Magician -> Levitate
Typing: Steel/Fairy -> Steel/Fairy
Stats:
HP: 57
Defense: 91 -> 131 (+40)
Sp. Attack: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Sp. Defense: 87 -> 127 (+40)
Speed: 75 -> 65 (-10)
Movepool Additions: Moonblast
Justification: WIP

Mega Whimscott
Ability: Prankster / Infiltrator / Chlorophyll
-> Fur Coat
HP: 60
Attack: 67 -> 67 (+0)
Sp. Attack: 77 -> 122 (+45)
Sp. Defense 75 -> 105 (+30)
Movepool Additions: N/A
WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)