Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
We're just waiting for Valmanway to come back from inactivity. Only he can edit his own post.
I would also appreciate it if he added me to the list of council members on that post and ended the Marowak slate.
Inactivity? How much is he offline?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is like my submission but stronger and slower, I like it too! This guy has an equivalent of 250 SpA under hail tho o.O [if it has 252 SpA EVs and a Neutral Nature on SpA (There's no reason not to run Timid on this)]

EDIT: Just read your comment about you having the same idea before mine got posted, tbh I really don't care and I'd be happy if either won :] My original idea was actually Hail Sand Force, but I realised it was used before so I though of just doubling its SpA under hail :]
I actually thought most people would run a set like this:

Ninetales-Alola @ Ninetalite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 252 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

This one can actually live a Bullet Punch from a 252 Adamant Scizor with Technician, even if it is a very slim chance

Ninetales-Alola-Mega
Ability: Snow Cloak/Snow Warning ----> Perfect Freeze (Lightning Rod clone, immune to Steel moves)
Typing: Ice/Fairy

Stats:

HP: 73 ----> 73
Attack: 67 ----> 59 (-8)
Defense: 75 ----> 75
Special Attack: 81 ----> 131 (+50)
Special Defense: 100 ----> 130 (+30)
Speed: 109 ----> 137 (+38)
Movepool Additions: Thunderbolt
Description: Fast Special sweeper with an absurdly high speed tier and BoltBeam coverage, plus Nasty Plot. Its ability may add an immunity, but it still has three common weaknesses and is still pretty weak to Stealth Rock.

It's far from broken since Steel/Fire/Water types resist it's STAB moves. (Fire types can be screwed by Rock Slide tho :p)

Doesn't change the fact it can use coverage in its 4 slots to hit 612 Pokemon super-effectively though, and it cause an absurd amount of flinches thanks to three of the four moves it uses for that overage having a 60% chance of causing flinches.

Mega Sandslash-Alola
Ability:
Glacial Force (Sand Force clone)
Typing: Ice/Ground
HP: 75
Attack: 140 (+40)
Defense: 160 (+40)
Special Attack: 25
Special Defense: 105 (+40)
Speed: 45 (-20)
New Moves: Ice Shard, Spikes, Stealth Rock

Glacial Force: If the weather is Hail, increase the power of Ice-, Rock-, and Ground-type moves from this Pokemon by 30%.

Description: While Slushslash uses the hailstorm for speed, Mega Slushslash uses it for power. Mega Evolution toughens it up and allows it to trace back to its roots, reverting from a part Steel-type to a part Ground-type; and with Glacial Force powering it up, those STAB moves alone tear into most defenses. Even if the weather doesn't favor Mega Slushslash, it can still hit quite hard with base 140 Attack, has the defenses to take hits, and can set up or clear hazards. Ice Shard makes offensive sets even more useful, especially considering the loss of Speed.

Mega Ninetales-Alola
Ability:
Snow Warning
HP: 73
Attack: 77 (+10)
Defense: 75
Special Attack: 121 (+40)
Special Defense: 130 (+30)
Speed: 129 (+20)
New Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Psychic, Water Pulse
Description: Like Abomasnow, Mega Alolatails doesn't gain anything new from Mega Evolving, it's still a fast Hail setter. It simply does its job better. Blizzard off of 121 base Special Attack is harsh, and with 129 Speed most of the competition (i.e. Flying-types) don't want to switch in. As far as new moves go, Will-O-Wisp fits thematically on such a supernatural Pokemon, even if it did trade its Fire-typing for something completely different. Psychic is common coverage on fairies, and Water Pulse is a tutor move on most Ice-types.

Congratulations to the previous slate winners!

Great slate this time round, this should be fun.

Mega Sandslash-A
Ice/Steel

Atk: 100 --> 140(+40)
Def: 120 --> 135(+15)
Sp.Atk: 25 --> 15(-10)
Sp.Def: 65 --> 120(+55)
Speed: 65

Ability:
Iron Barbs
New Moves: Ice Hammer, Stone Edge, Spiky Shield

Flavor Justification: Sandslash-A's dex entry in Pokemon Moon references stab wounds from its icicle back, justifying Iron Barbs. Shrews curl up in protection, and if Sandslash-A were to curl up its icicles would form a Spiky Shield around it. Stone Edge is there because shrews dig underground, and Stone Edge's description mentions stabbing from below.

Competitive Justification: Honestly I dont think Sandslash-A could ever be broken with that horrendous typing. It can, however, be threatening in certain situations. With 135/120 defenses, not much will be able to OHKO it while with its 140 Attack Stat it can cripple a foe. Its fairly one dimensional, and slow as well, preventing it from becoming too good. However, with Iron Barbs for residual damage, and great defenses along with Rapid Spin, it can carve itself a niche. Spiky Shield always helps.

Sandslash-A @Sandslashite
Ability: Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/252 Def
-Ice Hammer
-Gyro Ball
-Spiky Shield/Rapid Spin/
-Earthquake/Stone Edge/Rapid Spin

Mega Ninetails-A
Ice/Fairy

HP:
Atk: 67
Def: 75 --> 85(+10)
Sp.Atk: 81 --> 136 (+55)
Sp.Def: 100 --> 110(+20)
Speed: 109 --> 124(+15)

Ability:
Adaptability
New Moves: Focus Blast, Wish

Flavor Justification: Focus Blast is because the Kitsune, which Ninetails is based on, has near deity like power, so it makes sense it would learn a move based on heightening mental focus. Kitsunes also grant wishes in certain scenarios, leading to Wish as a move. Adaptability is because Ninetails learnt to adapt to a completely different environment than that from Kanto.

Competitive Justification:
Even with 136 Sp. Atk and Adaptability, Modest Max Sp.Atk Ninetails still fails to OHKO Tapu Lele with Blizzard. Many common pokemon in the tier, including Heatran, Celesteela, Marowak-A and Mega Metagross take very little from its STAB attacks and can OHKO back. It also cant just spam Blizzard with abandon due to Snow Warning only lasting 5 turns, meaning it would need to run Ice Beam on most sets. Focus Blast patches up its Steel issues, but is horribly inaccurate. Wish will only find use on Niche sets with Protect. Its hilariously weak to priority, with Bullet Punch from pretty much anything killing it. Regardless of these negatives, however, it can be a powerful mega on Hail teams, fulfilling a far better Offensive role than Mega Abomasnow. Not to mention, with Adaptability, its STAB attacks will put a huge dent into most things, and Ice/Fairy gets pretty good coverage in the current meta.

Ninetails-A @Ninetailite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam / Nasty Plot / Protect
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Wish

Ludicrousity

I don't really care that we aren't even 3 days into this slate, so...

I'm gonna suggest the next slate :3

A Shocking turn of events
(These pokemon all have uncommon or unique type combinations that contain Electric)

Gololan Golem (Golem-Alola) (idc if it's from FE, this is the name I'm giving this from now on)
Togedemaru
Raichu-Alola

In my opinion:
Golem-A should have an ability limit of 4.5 and 2 new moves
Togedemaru should have an ability limit of 4-4.5 and 2 new moves
Raichu-A should have an ability limit of 4-4.5 and 1-2 new moves

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

Come on, this is Megas For All, not Megas For Alola. whenever next slate comes along, I'd rather it not just be all Alola. Personally, I'd love to see Tentacruel, Jellicent and Nihilego in a jellyfish slate but w/e
you know what, yeah. I really like the sound of that for the next slate. Trouble is, it leads back to why we didn't agree on Xurkitree...

Ah, who gives a f***. Jellyfish slate sounds amazing :)

I don't really care that we aren't even 3 days into this slate, so...

I'm gonna suggest the next slate :3

A Shocking turn of events
(These pokemon all have uncommon or unique type combinations that contain Electric)

Gololan Golem (Golem-Alola) (idc if it's from FE, this is the name I'm giving this from now on)
Togedemaru
Raichu-Alola

In my opinion:
Golem-A should have an ability limit of 4.5 and 2 new moves
Togedemaru should have an ability limit of 4-4.5 and 2 new moves
Raichu-A should have an ability limit of 4-4.5 and 1-2 new moves

As the person who named Gololan Golem, I'm suing you for copyright infringement.

I'd like to see Megas for the original legendary trio (Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos)

Leaving Zapdos, they are actually really horrible in the metagame and could do with a mega.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Voting time!
Mega Sandslash-Alola
Typing:
Ice/Steel
Ability: Armored Body (Levitate clone, the pokemon's tough body leaves it immune to Fighting-type moves)

Attack: 100 --> 115 (+15)
Defence: 120 --> 175 (+55)
Special Defence: 65 --> 125 (+60)
Speed: 65 --> 35 (-30)

New Moves: Moonlight, Spikes, Taunt

Game-Freak has repeatedly tried to make a defencive Ice-type, yet the countless weaknesses of the type never let any of them shine. The regular Sandslash-Alola suffers from the easily exploitable weaknesses of its type and mediocre bulk, making it's only role a niche hail sweeper. Mega Sandslash-Alola helps fix this through both an immunity to fighting and significantly higher bulk. With 8 resistances, 2 immunities, and only 2 weaknesses, Mega Sandslash-Alola makes a tough defencive pivot. While it can run offencive sets with Icicle Crash, Gyro Ball/Iron Head, Earthquake, and Swords Dance/Curse, it's new moves further increase its utility. Moonlight gives reliable recovery out of weather, increasing its staying power. Spikes allows Alolan-Sandslash to set hazards like it's Kantonian cousin. Taunt allows Sandslash-Alola to break through bulky walls and support pokemon. In addition, Alolan-Sandslash still has access to the coveted Rapid Spin. However, this mega does have a few major weaknesses. Fire type moves still roast through it with their 4x effectiveness, it's low speed makes it harder to predict when to Moonlight or Taunt, and it's new supportive moves give it a serious case of 4 Moveslot Syndrome.

Mega Ninetales-Alola
Typing:
Ice/Fairy
Attack: 57 --> 62 (+5)
Defense: 75 --> 105 (+30)
Special Attack: 81 --> 146 (+65)
Special Defense: 100 --> 130 (+30)
Speed: 109 --> 79 (-30)

New Moves: Psyshock, Morning Sun, Shadow Ball

Rather than going for a more supportive route for the mega, as it is now, I decided to create an all out attacker. 146 base Special Attack is really threatening, and with enough set up, Mega Ninetales-Alola can do massive damage. 79 Base Speed, while low, reaches absurd heights once Slush Rush factors in. In addition, Mega Ninetales-Alola has the ability to set up either defensively with Aurora Veil, or offensively with Nasty Plot. Its dual stab coverage can be bolstered by the addition of Psyshock, which allows it to get around special walls and Poison types. Morning Sun provides recovery post hail, and makes sense thematically. Shadow Ball provides a way around Steel types and gives a bit more coverage. However, this mega is not without it's weaknesses. The Slush Rush speed boost only lasts five turns, and setting up Aurora Veil/Nasty Plot cuts into that precious time. Once this ends or the weather is replaced, Ninetales sits at an awkward speed tier and can no longer spam Blizzards. It lacks the ability to play support with Hail/Aurora Veil. While its bulk is usable, it still has many exploitable typing weaknesses, especially Steel types, which hit it for 4x super effective damage.

Mega Alolan Sandslash
Ability:
Technician
Typing: Ice/Steel
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 160 (+60)
Defense: 135 (+15)
Special Attack: 25 (+0)
Special Defense: 85 (+20)
Speed: 70 (+5)
New Moves: Ice Shard and Bullet Punch
Description: Similar to Scizor, it has Technician STAB priority, but gets priority on both STABs with better offensive synergy and more attack.
Sandslash-Alola @ Alosandslashinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Mega Alolan Ninetales
Ability:
Snow Warning
HP: 73 (+0)
Attack: 67 (+0)
Defense: 100 (+25)
Special Attack: 111 (+30)
Special Defense: 115 (+15)
Speed: 139 (+30)
New Move: Memento
Description: A supportive pokemon that sets Aurora Veil and then uses Memento, effectively quartering the opponent's damage output allowing for next-to-free set up. To be used in conjunction with pokemon like DD Rest Zygarde and Swords Dance Kartana.
Ninetales-Alola @ Aloninetalinite
EVs: ? HP / ? SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Memento
Mega Sandslash-Alola
HP:
Attack: 100 --> 130 (+30)
Defence: 120
Special Defence: 65 --> 100 (+35)
Speed: 65 --> 100 (+35)

New moves: Ice Hammer.
Mega Dex: Upon mega-evolution, Alolan Sandshrew gains more speed and power to attack opponents that dare upon its territory. Ice is its main weapon.
Competitive: With increased speed to further abuse its unique ability, it hits hard and fast with its strong STAB moves. It also nets more setup opportunities due to more bulk.

Mega Alolan Ninetales
Ability: Serene Grace
HP:
73 (+0)
Attack: 47 (-20)
Defense: 110 (+35)
Special Attack: 126 (+45)
Special Defense: 120 (+20)
Mega dex: Alolan Mega Ninetales becomes more beautiful upon mega evolving. It becomes stronger than those around her, causing her pride.

Mega Alolan Sandslash
Ability
: Refrigerate
Attack: 120 (+20)
Defense: 140 (+20)
Special Defense: 85 (+20)
Speed: 105 (+40)
New moves: Bullet Punch, Ice Shard
Description: With Refrigerate, Mega Alolan Sandslash boasts an unlockable Rapid Spin.
Thanks for the Decidueye votes everyone!
Alolan Sandslash-Mega
Ability:
Snow Cloak/Slush Rush ----> Slush Rush
Typing: Ice/Rock

Stats:

HP: 75 ----> 75
Attack: 100 ----> 154 (+54)
Defense: 120 ----> 100 (-20)
Special Attack: 25 ----> 35 (+10)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 101 (+36)
Base Stat Total: 450 ----> 550 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Ice Shard, Accelerock, Stone Edge, Rock Slide
Description: When it mega evolves, Alolan Sandslash sheds its outer shell that's made of metal, thus losing its Steel-type. Below it, a layer of strong rocks from Mount Lanakila has formed over the years of living there. While they are not as sturdy as the metals it had before, they have a special property that protects Sandslash from special attacks. Losing its heavy outer layer also makes Alolan Sandslash A LOT faster.

Competitively, Hail always had two major problems: you were forced to stack a lot of Ice-types, which are weak to many types including priority moves such as Bullet Punch and Mach Punch, and the Hail abusers either didn't get a speed boost at all or were still outsped by quite a few scarfers afterwards. While the first problem is not fixed at all with Mega Alolan Sandslash, in fact, it's even weaker to Bullet Punch and Mach Punch and also becomes weak to Aqua Jet, the second problem is. The raise in speed means that it will outspeed even Scarf Pheromosa (by exactly one point) and its access to two STAB priority moves means that its not quite as scared of priority moves either.

Alolan Ninetales-Mega
Ability:
Snow Cloak/Snow Warning ----> Lanakila Force (Sand Force, but boosts Ice and Fairy moves in Hail)

Stats:

Attack: 67 ----> 67
Defense: 75 ----> 95 (+20)
Special Attack: 81 ----> 141 (+60)
Special Defense: 100 ----> 100
Speed: 109 ----> 129 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 505 ----> 605 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Earth Power, Focus Blast, Tail Glow
Description: Years of living on Mount Lanakila has allowed Mega Alolan Ninetales to utilise the Hail very well; It now powers up its Ice- and Fairy-type moves. Its tails grow bigger and stand completely upright, and glow with a mysterious light.

Competitively, Mega Alolan Ninetails aims to set its own Hail and then use it to wallbreak heavily, or set up a Tail Glow before getting a few kills, as 141 Special Attack at +3 with Lanakila Force boosted STABs is gonna hurt. However, once it mega evolves, it can no longer set the Hail for itselft again later on. Its new coverage moves in Earth Power and Focus Blast help it break through Steel- and Poison-types.
Thanks for the Decidueye votes, even though I didn't win :)

Mega Alolan Sandslash
Ability:
Ice/Steel
Typing: Serene Grace

HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 120 (+20)
Defense: 125 (+5)
Special Attack: 20 (-5)
Special Defense: 75 (+10)
Speed: 135 (+70)
BST: 550 (+100)

New Moves: Ice Shard
Description: Iron Head and Icicle Crash have both 60% flinch chance now, making this 'mon essentially Jirachi on steroids. Ice Shard for priority. The increased speed so that it syncs well with the flinch rates. Rock Slide also has a 60% flinch rate and hits Fire types that resists its STAB moves. Throw in Earthquake and there's no Pokemon that resists the combination of its moves (the 4-move combination hits over 600 Pokemon for SE damage)
Recommended Moves: Icicle Crash, Iron Head, Rock Slide, Earthquake

Mega Alolan Ninetales
Ability:
Sheen Reflect (Lightning Rod alternate for Steel type moves)
Typing: Ice/Psychic
HP: 73 (+0)
Attack: 52 (-15)
Defense: 110 (+35)
Special Attack: 135 (+54)
Special Defense: 110 (+10)
Speed: 125 (+16)
BST: 605 (+100)
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Focus Blast
Description: Now with it's crippling 4x weakness to Steel (and Bullet Punch) taken care of, Ninetales has its chance to shine (quite literally). Though it may miss draw-back free Blizzards once it's own Hail petered out. Hydro Pump helps it take care of Rock and Fire types. Only Water/Poison types can resist all of the above moves.
Recommended Moves: Ice Beam, Moonblast, Hydro Pump/Focus Blast, Calm Mind/Nasty Plot

Edits done: Fixed Sandslash's BST and some minor formatting

Mega Alolan Sandslash
Ability:
Absolute Zero (Neutralizes Fire moves, Levitate clone)
Defense: 135 (+25)
Special Attack: 25 (+0)
Special Defense: 45 (-20)
Speed: 115 (+55)
New Moves: Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Knock Off, Stone Edge
Description: The mega evolution gives Alolan Sandslash an ancient power of the cold, that allow him to neutralize all the fire moves and a lot of speed, making him usable even outside of the hail.

Mega Alolan Ninetales
Ability:
Queenly Majesty
Attack: 67 (+10)
Defense: 100 (+25)
Special Defense: 115 (+15)
Speed: 119 (+10)
New Move: Will-O-Wisp, Focus Blast
Description: The mega evolution gives Alolan Ninetales more beauty allowing him to avoid all the priority attacks.
Adieu Bullet Punch :)

When the new abilities will be added in the rankings of the first post?

Mega Alolan Sandslash

Ability -
Snow Cloak / Slush Rush
Slush Rush

HP - 75
Atk - 100
167 (+67)
Def - 120
SpA - 25
SpD - 65
75 (+10)
Spe - 65
88 (+23)
BST - 450
550 (+100)

Movepool Additions - Ice Shard, Stone Edge, Spikes
Description - Mega Alolan Sandslash is now the fearsome Hail Sweeper it always wanted to be, 167 Atk is already scary, and when you consider that it has just enough speed to outrun Scarf Pheromosa, this guy becomes a real threat, it also has SD, Rapid Spin and Spikes to its arsenal, not to mention EdgeQuake coverage on top of its STABs.

Mega Alolan Sandslash

Ability -
Snow Cloak / Snow Warning
Borealis Boost (Slush Rush Clone, but doubles Special Attack instead of Speed >:D

HP - 73
Atk - 67
76 (+9)
Def - 75
109 (+34)
SpA - 81
79 (-2)
SpD - 100
129 (+29)
Spe - 109
139 (+30)
BST - 505
605 (+100)

Movepool Additions - Psychic, Shadow Ball
Description - Mega Alolan Ninetales has the equivalent of a massive 207 SpA under hail, thanks to its ability. However, Its own Hail won't get activated after it Mega Evolves so it has either only one shot at sweeping or it requires Hail support to function consistenly (thats pretty ironic if you ask me). It has absolutely no way to get passed Steel-types so it also requires team support at that, but once faster opponents and Steel-types have been eliminated already, this monster just wins by clicking Blizzard, not to mention that it has a pretty great 73/109/129 bulk as well. And 139 Speed is very good too.

Mega Ninetales-A
Mega Stone
: Ninetalite (This section should probably be used more :/)
Ability: Ice/Fairy Snowfall Strength (SpA is doubled in hail) [Slush Rush Clone]
Typing: Snowfall Strength Ice/Fairy
Attack: 82 (+15) (Because GF usually do the same kind of thing)
Defense: 130 (+55)
Special Attack: 100 (+19)
Speed: 90 (-19)
New Moves: Moonlight, Destiny Bond
Description: So, this mon has some pretty good bulk, and an outstanding SpA stat after Snowfall Strength. It now has lower speed, which allows more pokemon to outspeed which keeps it from being too broken, and it still dies to Bullet Punch.
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 160 HP / 96 Def Ninetales-Alola: 324-384 (99 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

On top of that, once Hail runs out, this pokemon becomes a mini wall, with a little wallbreaking capability with either Nasty Plot or Calm Mind.

Mega Sandslash-A
Mega Stone
: Sandslashite
Ability: Compact Ice (Renamed Shadow Sheild/Multiscale)
Attack: 130 (+30)
Defense: 150 (+30)
Special Attack: 35 (+10) [Staying true to GF megas]
Special Defense: 135 (+70)
Speed: 35 (-30)
New Moves: Ice Shard, Ice Hammer
Description: Hey, I found a new Pokemon that abuses Ice Hammer and Curse, to power up it's Gyro Ball. It can also ignore it's speed reductions by using Ice Shard, and it even has Swords Dance. It's bulk is insane too, 75/150/135 and Curse is nothing to laugh at. It doesn't give a damn about Burns either, because it gets Rest. Fire still does a hell of a lot to it, as does fighting, but after those, it's a ruthless killing machine
Ninetales-Alola-Mega
Ability: Snow Cloak/Snow Warning ----> Perfect Freeze (Lightning Rod clone, immune to Steel moves)

Stats:

Attack: 67 ----> 59 (-8)
Defense: 75 ----> 75
Special Attack: 81 ----> 131 (+50)
Special Defense: 100 ----> 130 (+30)
Speed: 109 ----> 137 (+38)
Movepool Additions: Thunderbolt
Description: Fast Special sweeper with an absurdly high speed tier and BoltBeam coverage, plus Nasty Plot. Its ability may add an immunity, but it still has three common weaknesses and is still pretty weak to Stealth Rock.

Doesn't change the fact it can use coverage in its 4 slots to hit 612 Pokemon super-effectively though, and it cause an absurd amount of flinches thanks to three of the four moves it uses for that overage having a 60% chance of causing flinches.

Mega Sandslash-Alola
Ability:
Glacial Force (Sand Force clone)
Typing: Ice/Ground
Defense: 160 (+40)
Special Defense: 105 (+40)
Speed: 45 (-20)
New Moves: Ice Shard, Spikes, Stealth Rock

Glacial Force: If the weather is Hail, increase the power of Ice-, Rock-, and Ground-type moves from this Pokemon by 30%.

Description: While Slushslash uses the hailstorm for speed, Mega Slushslash uses it for power. Mega Evolution toughens it up and allows it to trace back to its roots, reverting from a part Steel-type to a part Ground-type; and with Glacial Force powering it up, those STAB moves alone tear into most defenses. Even if the weather doesn't favor Mega Slushslash, it can still hit quite hard with base 140 Attack, has the defenses to take hits, and can set up or clear hazards. Ice Shard makes offensive sets even more useful, especially considering the loss of Speed.

Mega Ninetales-Alola
Ability:
Snow Warning
Attack: 77 (+10)
Defense: 75
New Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Psychic, Water Pulse
Description: Like Abomasnow, Mega Alolatails doesn't gain anything new from Mega Evolving, it's still a fast Hail setter. It simply does its job better. Blizzard off of 121 base Special Attack is harsh, and with 129 Speed most of the competition (i.e. Flying-types) don't want to switch in. As far as new moves go, Will-O-Wisp fits thematically on such a supernatural Pokemon, even if it did trade its Fire-typing for something completely different. Psychic is common coverage on fairies, and Water Pulse is a tutor move on most Ice-types.
Congratulations to the previous slate winners!

Great slate this time round, this should be fun.

Mega Sandslash-A
Ice/Steel

Atk: 100 --> 140(+40)
Def: 120 --> 135(+15)
Sp.Atk: 25 --> 15(-10)
Sp.Def: 65 --> 120(+55)
Speed: 65
Ability: Iron Barbs
New Moves: Ice Hammer, Stone Edge, Spiky Shield

Flavor Justification: Sandslash-A's dex entry in Pokemon Moon references stab wounds from its icicle back, justifying Iron Barbs. Shrews curl up in protection, and if Sandslash-A were to curl up its icicles would form a Spiky Shield around it. Stone Edge is there because shrews dig underground, and Stone Edge's description mentions stabbing from below.

Competitive Justification: Honestly I dont think Sandslash-A could ever be broken with that horrendous typing. It can, however, be threatening in certain situations. With 135/120 defenses, not much will be able to OHKO it while with its 140 Attack Stat it can cripple a foe. Its fairly one dimensional, and slow as well, preventing it from becoming too good. However, with Iron Barbs for residual damage, and great defenses along with Rapid Spin, it can carve itself a niche. Spiky Shield always helps.

Sandslash-A @Sandslashite
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/252 Def
-Ice Hammer
-Gyro Ball
-Spiky Shield/Rapid Spin/
-Earthquake/Stone Edge/Rapid Spin

Mega Ninetails-A
Ice/Fairy

HP:
Atk: 67
Def: 75 --> 85(+10)
Sp.Atk: 81 --> 136 (+55)
Sp.Def: 100 --> 110(+20)
Speed: 109 --> 124(+15)
Ability: Adaptability
New Moves: Focus Blast, Wish

Flavor Justification: Focus Blast is because the Kitsune, which Ninetails is based on, has near deity like power, so it makes sense it would learn a move based on heightening mental focus. Kitsunes also grant wishes in certain scenarios, leading to Wish as a move. Adaptability is because Ninetails learnt to adapt to a completely different environment than that from Kanto.
Competitive Justification: Even with 136 Sp. Atk and Adaptability, Modest Max Sp.Atk Ninetails still fails to OHKO Tapu Lele with Blizzard. Many common pokemon in the tier, including Heatran, Celesteela, Marowak-A and Mega Metagross take very little from its STAB attacks and can OHKO back. It also cant just spam Blizzard with abandon due to Snow Warning only lasting 5 turns, meaning it would need to run Ice Beam on most sets. Focus Blast patches up its Steel issues, but is horribly inaccurate. Wish will only find use on Niche sets with Protect. Its hilariously weak to priority, with Bullet Punch from pretty much anything killing it. Regardless of these negatives, however, it can be a powerful mega on Hail teams, fulfilling a far better Offensive role than Mega Abomasnow. Not to mention, with Adaptability, its STAB attacks will put a huge dent into most things, and Ice/Fairy gets pretty good coverage in the current meta.

Ninetails-A @Ninetailite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam / Nasty Plot / Protect
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)