Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Highest ranking of the Pokemon's ability is fine. Though I think we should make exceptions to NU Pokemon like Orbeetle since they need bigger buffs than OU Pokemon do. I'd say make them at least 3.5 if they're NU/PU.

Case in point: Base Pidgeot has 3 mediocre abilities while Mega Pidgeot has the rank 4 No Guard.

The main point everyone is trying to get across is that the ability limits should be based on the base form’s viability and what it will need to succeed in the meta.

I think I have a new method! I’ll base it on the competitive ability of each Pokemon.
The ultimate point Hematite was trying to make was that you shouldn't use the ability ranking at all and just trust people not to make things that are broken (and if they do, veto it). The ability ranking isn't a measure of how strong an ability is in a vacuum. It's used to determine what ability should be chosen as a Pokemon's default ability, and thus it only takes into account the Pokemon that already have the ability. If two abilities don't share any common users, they have no reason to be ranked in relation to each other.

Sorry for snapping earlier. I didn't realize you were only 14.

The ultimate point Hematite was trying to make was that you shouldn't use the ability ranking at all and just trust people not to make things that are broken (and if they do, veto it). The ability ranking isn't a measure of how strong an ability is in a vacuum. It's used to determine what ability should be chosen as a Pokemon's default ability, and thus it only takes into account the Pokemon that already have the ability. If two abilities don't share any common users, they have no reason to be ranked in relation to each other.

Sorry for snapping earlier. I didn't realize you were only 14.
Thank you for understanding. This is the last slate the ability rankings will last. Starting slate 4, no more ability rankings. Is it ok if I add both of you to the council once again?

Just in case it helps at all, here is just the very beginning of my post:
... Hey, you might recall that I thought the Ability limit system needed to be revised, but I didn't think it was worth contesting at the time because the submission that violated it was on the broken side anyway.

Here is where I make my pitch:
- Don't have rigid numerical Ability limits.
- Let people use common sense.
That's the "tl;dr" - if you even made it even that far into the post, you would be able to respond to it way more effectively than you did.
On that note, all of this (read: "the point") fit into the quote preview box alone in your post:
1595040758583.png

The rest of my post was just explaining why - in case you disagreed or... really had any opinion or interest at all. If I just posted that suggestion with no explanation, you would have no idea where I was coming from or why I believed that the Ability limit system should be abolished, and you probably would have dismissed it and not taken it seriously if I had absolutely nothing to back it up.
You need to be willing to take the time to read what people say - and not be so rude and dismissive about it when you don't - if you expect anyone to want to help you with this.

This has been an ongoing problem with you - most of our discussion about future slates could have been much shorter if I didn't have to keep repeating myself to get through to you, and I'm still not sure if you actually read any of what I said or if you were just counting on War Incarnate to understand and come up with a slate I would approve (that's what happened, by the way). Do you even know what any of the advice I gave was? Your very last slate proposal before he came in with his own still didn't take it into account. That's why we ended up doing his slate instead of yours.
This is why I don't think I can help you any more. Whether or not I'm on the council is not going to change anything if you aren't willing to listen.
And DrPumpkinz was never on the council in the first place. You need to ask people before you just go and add them to the council. Not everyone who tries to help you wants to commit to being in charge of the project.

Just in case it helps at all, here is just the very beginning of my post:That's the "tl;dr" - if you even made it even that far into the post, you would be able to respond to it way more effectively than you did.
On that note, all of this (read: "the point") fit into the quote preview box alone in your post:
View attachment 262743
The rest of my post was just explaining why - in case you disagreed or... really had any opinion or interest at all. If I just posted that suggestion with no explanation, you would have no idea where I was coming from or why I believed that the Ability limit system should be abolished, and you probably would have dismissed it and not taken it seriously if I had absolutely nothing to back it up.
You need to be willing to take the time to read what people say - and not be so rude and dismissive about it when you don't - if you expect anyone to want to help you with this.

This has been an ongoing problem with you - most of our discussion about future slates could have been much shorter if I didn't have to keep repeating myself to get through to you, and I'm still not sure if you actually read any of what I said or if you were just counting on War Incarnate to understand and come up with a slate I would approve (that's what happened, by the way). Do you even know what any of the advice I gave was? Your very last slate proposal before he came in with his own still didn't take it into account. That's why we ended up doing his slate instead of yours.
This is why I don't think I can help you any more. Whether or not I'm on the council is not going to change anything if you aren't willing to listen.
And DrPumpkinz was never on the council in the first place. You need to ask people before you just go and add them to the council. Not everyone who tries to help you wants to commit to being in charge of the project.
I told you, I’m too young to understand. I like it simple, and not overly complicated.

I told you, I’m too young to understand. I like it simple, and not overly complicated.
Just in case it helps at all, here is just the very beginning of my post:That's the "tl;dr" - if you even made it even that far into the post, you would be able to respond to it way more effectively than you did.
View attachment 262743

Alright kid, let me explain this to you. He did keep it simple. His explanation was brief and to the point. The fact that you refuse to read the literal first four lines of a post is not on him, it's on you. Honestly I don't think you should lead this pet mod, and I would add more but then you'd say it's too complicated.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

Starting Slate 4, we will implement the following change:

No more ability rankings, but I trust y’all to make a Pokémon fair and healthy. Any Pokémon that I or the other council members deem unhealthy won’t be counted in the votes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)