Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

Quagsire
Water/Ground
Simple
85->95
85->115
65->75
65->85
35->55
p straightforward sweeper with curse/stockpile/amnesia, might want to mega evolve late in the game to keep its unaware
Collab with GhiteOff
:sv/quagsire:
:quagsire: Mega Quagsire :quagsire:

95 / 65 (swapped with SpA) / 120 (+35) / 100 (swapped with Atk, +15) / 95 (+30) / 55 (+20)
Trace
+ Toxic Spikes
Defensive Water/Ground that abuses their opponent's abilities. Can get Regenerator, Magic Guard, Flame Body, Levitate, Speed Boost and use these to its advantage.
:bw/quagsire:
Best Boy
water/ground
stats
hp- 95
atk- 125(+45)
def- 115(+30)
spa- 65
spd- 100(+35)
spe- 25(-10)
ability: unaware
new moves: simple beam
:sv/quagsire:
Mega Quagsire
Type:
Water / Ground
Ability: Serene Grace
Stats:
HP: 95
Att: 105 (+20)
Def: 135 (+50)
SpA: 85 (+20)
SpD: 75 (+10)
Spe: 35

Quagsire is special. Most other Serene Grace users have a sort of divinity to them, or have some sort of magic calming aura. However, some Pokemon are blessed with a sort of capybara-esque chill. They may not have magic calming powers, but they are just so unbothered by everything around them that the sheer power of their vibes is enough to soothe anyone who looks at them. Pokemon of this ilk include Bidoof, Appletun, Fuecoco, and most of all, the aforementioned Quagsire.

Mega Quagsire is by far the most defensive Serene Grace user (barring Chansey and Blissey who have better things to do) and probably the least obnoxious. Every other Serene Grace user is designed to abuse flinches and usually also paralysis. Mega Quagsire can spread paralysis with Body Slam, and it can flinch things with Waterfall, but that's not playing to Mega Quagsire's strengths. No, the star of the show here is Scald with a whopping 60% chance to burn the opponent. Between that and its great 95/135 physical bulk, Mega Quagsire is the bane of physical attackers everywhere.
:sv/Quagsire:
Quagsire-Mega
Type
: Water/Ground
Ability: Water Absorb/Damp/Unaware-> Misty Surge
Stats
HP
: 95
Atk: 85
Def: 115 (+30)
SpA: 105 (+40)
SpD: 85 (+20)
Spe: 45 (+10)

Always easy-going, Quagsire sets up Misty Terrain to not have to worry about status harshing its mellow, one of the things base Quag struggles with most; Misty Terrain also neuters scary Dragon attacks and annoys opposing bulky Water types by preventing Scald burns. This allows Mega Quagsire to fill a much different role for defense while being more directly useful to offense builds (namely ones with Hawlucha). Fini shows that Scald is still viable on a Misty Terrain user, though Scald + Toxic is obviously suboptimal (Quag didn't think this through); Quagsire can thus sub it out for alternate utility like Haze or Encore, or use Ice Beam to more threaten Dragons (particularly Garchomp) and directly check Zapdos, Terrain blocking Toxic and Hurricane confusions; alternatively, slotting HP Grass/HP Electric lets Quagsire directly threaten opposing Water types after it neuters their own Scald. Burn protection means Earthquake is in less danger of being weakened, though the SpA buff means Earth Power is now a strong alternative as Ground STAB.

MEGA QUAGSIRE
The deep blue sea beckons.

Type:

Stats:
Attack: 100 (+15)
Defense: 125 (+40)
Special Attack: 65
Special Defense: 110 (+45)
Speed: 35

Ability:

Damp / Water Absorb / Unaware ----> Comatose

Competitive Justification:

Mega Quagsire is now a great defensive linchpin. It retains its great defensive typing, while also gaining significantly more raw defensive attributes and becoming slightly more threatening. Comatose also forces opponents to take Mega Quagsire out the normal way, which is quite hard to do as 95/125/110 bulk is excellent. However, this set is not without its issues. Firstly, Earthquake, while doing slightly more damage, is still quite weak, meaning that walls can outlast it and potentially beat it 1v1. Secondly, a 4x Grass weakness is still quite bad, and it has to run in fear. Finally, it is no longer a great switch-in to setup sweepers.

Lore / Dex Entry:

Mega Evolution filled Quagsire with a supreme sleep, and now it lies on the nearest shore it can find, usually unmoving. Travelers who find it experience quaint weather and idyllic conditions, along with an odd feeling of relaxation.

INTRODUCING THE LORD OF DERP:
MEGA QUAGSIRE

:Quagsire: Mega Quagsire
New Ability
: Acquire the Sire
(Quagsire & ally pokemon ignore all stat stage boosts of opposing pokemon when taking or dealing damage {works like unaware}, however non-speed stat stage raising moves and abilities fail. also resets ally positive stat stages (except speed) when a pokemon with this ability enters the field through mega evolution or switching.
Type: Water/Ground
Mega Stone: Quagsite

New stats:
HP: 95 -> 95
Attack: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Defense: 85 -> 130 (+45)
Special Attack: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Special Defense: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Speed: 35 -> 20 (-15)
(BST) 430 -> 530 (+100)

Weight: 165.3 lbs. / 75 kg -> 661.2 lbs / 300

New moves
: Shore Up, Heavy slam

Description:
As a self proclaimed true disciple of the Quags I have created an objectively perfect version of a mega for one of the two lord and saviours.
But in all seriousness I have gave quagsire a few upgrades mostly to help it in doubles as well as giving it a better way to utilize it special movepool.

Stat Changes:
I have made changes to quagsires stats to better use its inherent strengths while also giving it an option to utilize its poor speed.
To start with the attack and special attack of Quag have both been raised to a base 105, because of this Quags can now use either its attack and/or special attack movepool without hurting its damage. normally the only special move you would see on a quagsire is scald, but with this change it incentivises it to use its other special attacks for coverage if it so wishes. some of these moves it can now utilise include: Sludge bomb, focus blast, surf, ice beam, and blizzard. despite the special favouritism you may see here, quagsire can still use its good physical movepool as well.

Next, for Quag's defenses, I gave a large boost to defense and a small boost to special defence. I left the special defence lowish as to keep Quagsire's main role of physically defensive unaware wall, giving too much of a special defense boost would kinda kill part of what makes Quagsire unique. Overall the defense boosts kinda just turn the big numbers into smaller numbers but it does help keep its physical bulk on a decent enough level in this meta game

Next is Quag's speed, which is now lowered to 20, this gives it a base speed on par with Clodsire, since Quag's speed was already terrible so taking away any of it won't hurt, but it does give it a better time in trick room.

Finally is Quag's Weight??? which has been changed to be 4x its base weight, this change is both a blessing and a curse as it causes low kick & (more importantly) grass knot into 120 bp moves against quagsire, meaning even the slightest hope of living a grass knot from anything with a base special attack of 45 or higher is gone. however it does mean it takes less damage from moves that do more damage the heavier the target is, and also one other benefit, which is.....

New Move Moves:
  • Heavy Slam, this gives Quagsire an anti-fairy option on its physical side and also some more move variety. Considering its future partner Clodsire also gets the move, there isn't really any reason that Quag shouldn't also get this move
Ability:
Quagsires new ability is Acquire the Sire This new ability effectively a sidegrade of unaware. Normally unaware allows for stat stage increases which can turn mons into near unstoppable powerhouses, but with this ability you can't do that. "what's the point of that" I hear you say, well let me explain; This effect is shared between both mons, meaning your ally is now also able to take boosted attacks without immediately crumpling. However the restriction of preventing stat boosts on your side of the field (besides speed) is there to prevent strategies that involve stalling to get stat boosts as a more effective setup sweeper. Attacks that boost stat stages also will fail (e.g. power up punch) so that you cannot circumvent the restriction. the only exception to this is speed, which normally unaware does nothing about, so you can still boost a mons speed if you so wish, however if a multi stat raising move is used (e.g. dragon dance), that will outright fail. Overall this helps prevent outright sweeps while still remaining in the realm of balance. the inspiration for this is from the New Pokemon Snap entry on Quagsire that states Quagsires protect timid Woopers, as such I thought a mega quagsire would help protect other pokemon to a similar extent.

TLDR: Quag becomes a bit bulkier and able to better support its allies while also able to choose between special and physical attack
:sm/quagsire:
Quagsire-Mega
New Ability
: Empty-Headed = This Pokémon draws Psychic moves to itself to raise Sp. Atk by 1 stage; Psychic immunity. {a.k.a. Storm Drain for Psychic moves}
Type: Water/Ground [no change]

New Stats:
HP: 095
Attack: 085 → 095 (+10)
Defense: 085 → 115 (+30)
Special Attack: 065 → 095 (+30)
Special Defense: 065 → 105 (+40)
Speed: 035 → 025 (-10)
(BST: 430 → 530)

New Moves: Zen Headbutt
Description: I figure that if we're going to bother making Quagsire-Mega, then while it will likely still end up being a defensive mon, it should be different enough in its type of defensiveness that using base Quagsire isn't automatically just the right call, making its existence as pointless as something like Garchomp-Mega; all this without also avoiding overshadowing base Quagsire if possible. To that end, Quagsire's status as basically the Unaware mon--until that filthy Dondozo came on scene--instantly came to mind, which brought up related thought: what if I made a Quagsire-Mega that gets around Unaware's "weakness" to Stored Power? Thus the Empty-Headed ability was born, which also gives Quagsire-Mega a flavorful niche as the only non-Dark mon to be immune to Psychic, and thus the only Psychic-immune mon that isn't also weak to Fighting (without being a Ghost who unlives in fear of Scrappy), which also helps fight against Future Sight spam in general. Not much else to say beyond that really except that a) I knew I wanted to give it at least one Psychic move that didn't make base Quagsire suddenly obnoxious & Zen Headbutt is the most on flavor as well as most humorous and b) I intentionally dumped quite a bit into its offenses because I both wanted this to be able to be knocked out & to be able to potentially make use of a passing boost from its ability. While its ability may seem a bit too niche, especially without Tapu Lele around to terrorize everyone, another immunity at no real cost is always nice and its increased defenses and offenses mean it's a better Curse (or Stockpile...or Trick Room) user than base Quagsire against non-boosting opponents. Finally, this also gives Quagsire the small niche of being the only (?) mon at present that can go from absorbing one type to absorbing another completely different type if you want to use Water Absorb before Mega Evolving. Not terribly important, but that can at least dissuade Scalds initially. (Doubles usage is obvious since if nothing else it shuts down both Expanding Force teams even in Psychic Terrain and Trick Room teams until its dealt with.)
:quagsire:
Mega Quagsire
Ability:
Adaptability

Stats:
HP - 95
Atk - 85 (+20) --> 105
Def - 85 (+30) --> 115
SpA - 65 (+10) --> 75
SpD - 65 (+40) --> 105
Spe - 35

New Moves: +Flip Turn
Description:
Hide
When you think of Adaptability, you probably think of strong Pokemon that evolved under viscious circumstances. But the ability has already been used in different ways, such as with :porygon-z: Porygon-Z, where it represents flexible software. Therefore, I propose a new form of Adaptability, the ability to take on any challenge with a smile on your face. And what better Pokemon for that than Quagsire?

In battle, Mega Quagsire is quite the opposite of its base. Whereas the base trades its stats for a busted ability like Unaware, the Mega trades away this defensive treasure for some stats and raw power. Its Earthquake hits at around the same level as :landorus_therian: Lando-T, and its Scald is about as strong as :slowbro: Slowbro's (assuming that all 3 are uninvested). This gives it a better offensive presence and makes Bulk Up sets quite potent. Furthermore, the newly gained Flip Turn helps it pivot out of tight spots and preserve momentum, while hitting fairly hard in the process.

On the defensive side, Quagsire's stats have also been upgraded. With the proper investment, it can now easily eat up Knock Offs from Choice Band :bisharp: Bisharp or Shadow Balls from Choice Specs :chandelure: Chandelure. It goes without saying that everything in between, such as :zapdos: Zapdos' Hurricane and :rotom_wash: Rotom-W's Hydro Pump, are no match for it. With that being said, be sure to watch out for Choice Band :weavile: Weavile's Triple Axel.
Visualizer. Proceed carefully.
Jk, I'm making it so you can't have a choice! - Bolivia

Quagsire-Mega Quagsirite
New Ability: Sheer Force
Type:

Stats: 95 / 110 (+25) / 85 / 120 (+55) / 75 (+10) / 35 [BST: 530]
New Moves: Work Up
Description: Quagsire has had enough being the butt of the joke. It now has reached its ultimate form and is here to break some necks. Thanks to its new colossal (?) special attack coupled with the pure jewel at the core of its soul honed through attaining enlightenment, SHEER FORCE, it now works as a decent 3 attack + Recover type wallbreaker with Earth Power, Ice Beam and a water STAB. You can also run a Curse or a Work Up set if you feel particularily crunchy. Some people would say its stats are weak, but they're mistaken; theyre the ones who are weak for not trusting the Sire.

Mega Quagsire
Ability: Chillax - Resets all stat changes on the field when entering a battle.

-Stats-
Hp: 95
Atk: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Def: 85 -> 140 (+55)
SpA: 65
SpD: 65 -> 90 (+25)
Spe: 35 -> 25 (-10)
Bst: 430 -> 530 (+100)

-New Moves-
Flip Turn, Refresh

"

Built to be an incredible pivot vs setup rather than a hard-wall like it's base form, Mega Quagsire's presence causes everyone to take a chill pill and relax. This side-grade to Quagsire lets it instantly interrupt sweeping attempts from boosting mons and flip turn against them, allowing the user to reposition themselves against dangerous threats while bringing in teammates of it's own. This mon will hopefully fit best on bulkier offensive teams and balance teams that want to handle setup sweepers while maintaining momentum. Flip Turn is required in order for Mega Quag to keep up it's momentum, while Refresh lets it cure it's own status in the face of Toxic thrown it's way.
Mega Quagsire
Type
: Water
Ability: Oblivious
Stats:
Atk: 85
Def: 105 (+20)
SpA: 65
SpD: 100 (+45)
Spe: 70 (+35)
New Moves: Bulk Up, Taunt

If I had a nickel for every time I made a bulky setup sweeper in a single slate of M4A I would have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird it happened twice. My idea behind this is simple, however the cool part of it explores the dichotomy of its base form with the resultant Mega, creating a Mega that operates somewhat strangely, but uniquely, and will likely have some interesting teambuilding applications. Unaware setup, simply, is very cool, and it's something that has been explored in dearth by the main series with most Unaware Pokemon being very defensively oriented. It's not exactly compelling to offset Quagsire's primary weakness as an Unaware user (its stats) and hold onto Unaware, as that's really just not worth the Mega slot. The intensely low BST also adds upon this. So, in my Mega, I wanted to explore the relationship that Unaware on switch-in and a type change + a Taunt immunity could have with one another to create a sort of side-grade Mega, somewhat like Mega Slowbro or Mega Garchomp.

Essentially, the idea is: use pre-Mega Unaware as a deterrent to force a set-up opponent out and your Electric-immunity as a tool to find setup opportunities, and then use your Mega Evolution to shed your quad weakness, become immune to Taunt, and get some more Speed to secure KOs into chipped walls that pack recovery. Bulk Up and Wave Crash are mostly QOL changes, making it easier to use the Mega's Speed tier and Wave Crash to require less setup turns. Taunt however does also give us the opportunity to respond to Toxic/recovery from walls and potentially secure a small niche in blocking removal in case Quagsire wants to use its Mega Stone as a contingency option on a potential dual-Mega team (wink wink).

Basically: I don't see a world where a Mega Quagsire is worth the Mega Stone by itself, so I believe building a Mega that can provide Quagsire as a whole more set options and add some layers to its matchups and counterplay is the best course of action for it, hence my design!
Collab with IsoCon

Mega Quagsire
Ability: Marshland Lord (Sets Water Sport and Mud Sport upon switch-ins)

Stats:
Atk: 110 (+25)
Def: 125 (+40)
SpA: 100 (+35)
SpD: 65 (+0)
Spe: 35 (+0)

New moves: Flip Turn

Concept
It's hard to pull Mega Quagsire off, few abilities are able to fit the flavor of Quagsire as well as Unaware while allowing it to differentiate itself from its base form, but Marshland Lord does both while putting into work the effect of 2 moves with huge wasted potential.
Quagsire now creates its own swamps to live in AND make a living out of it, after all, Quagsire is a landlord in the Mystery Dungeons series :)

Competitive Design
Quagsire has a huge twist in its role as a mega, now it is a defensive pivot meant to support its teammates through its ability, able to reduce the damage of Fire and Electric type moves to 1/3, allowing teammates such as Gliscor, Scizor, Amoonguss to check the likes of Simisear-Mega, Zapdos, Heliolisk-Mega, Volcanion, Rotom-Heat/Wash, and others, much more efficiently, and while the ability might sound broken, it's worth noting that Quagsire itself can't switch safely into most of the mons listed previously, thanks to its low SpD, which allows it to still be threatened by most strong special attackers, forcing you to play very carefully to keep it alive. It's very important pointing that although Marshland Lord brings many benefits to Quagsire and any team that chooses to run it, it also has its disadvantages, Marshland Lordakes your teambuilding process much more restrictive, after all, your team is also affected by it, it discourages you to run the likes of Zapdos and Rotom-Heat, which would make up for great partners for Quagsire-Mega, gives Volcanion a hard time dealing with grass types like Amoonguss, as they can switch in much more safely, and overall makes it harder for any mon that relies on Fire or Electric coverage to deal with Scizor, Slowbro, Ferrothorn, and many others dominant mons of the metagame.
EDIT
What differentiates Quagsire from other potential users is the fact that Quagsire does not benefit from the ability itself, it already resists those moves naturally and its SpD is way too low for it to sponge any secondary stab or even coverage the mons it helps keep in check through its ability; it's also important noting that although the Flip Turn addition might look like overkill, Marshland Lord's effect will only last 3 turns for its partners, as it takes 1 turn for Quagsire to switch into the field, and 1 to switch out, outside of situations where it comes in as the lead or to replace a previously killed mon, where Marshland Lord only lasts for 4 turns, but that'd also be presuming that you're not using any move other than Flip Turn, any Mon able to force Quagsire to Recover or attack too often can neutralize its ability almost completely, which is a weakness far easier to exploit thanks to its mediocre SpD, which makes both effects of the ability not only needed, but also balanced.
I'm judging that this suffices! - Bolivia
Mega: :sv/Quagsire:
Typing: Water/Ground-->Water/Poison
Ability: Damp / Water Absorb | Unaware -->
Acidic Surge:- Summons acidic terrain on switch-in, previously signature of dragalge-mega.
Stats:
HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
95/85/85/65/65/35
To
95/135/100/65/100/35
95/(85+50)/(85+15)/65/(65+35)/35

New Moves: Sludge Wave, Acid Armor, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab

Still no terrain setter in this meta. Poison allows it to enforce mindgames against grass types(and steel/poison types as well!)
Mega Quagsire
Ability: Residual Drain: Whenever the pokemon of the other side is damaged by indirect damage, then this pokemon is healed by half of the residual damage done
Attack: 85
Defense: 85-->125(+40)
Special Attack: 65-->105(+40)
Special Defense: 65-->85(+20)
Speed: 35
Collab with Lord Pxperto

Okay, it's official. Doing that sucks. Anybody else volunteering to do that next slate would be greatly appreciated! Alas, you a bit under 4 full days to vote, so we will end voting Saturday EST afternoon! Vote for the best! Thanks for being patient while I procrastinated for a few days!

Also, please let us know in the discord if you would like a carousel format for fight nights between National Dex / Kalos Dex / VGC, or if you would prefer us to stick to the original format! Alternatively, please let us know in your vote post!

:heatmor:
Nobody knows where the beef between him and Durant started.
1. War Incarnate + NANI?! [this genuinely great sub that manages to make Stakeout work in an interesting way. a concept I am genuinely proud of and want to win]
2. Exploziff [in addition to making an existing ability work in a new and interesting way, this was built with Kalos dex in mind so it gets my vote. i value futureproofing but the stat comp ensures that hopefully, that isn't too hard]
3. Absimal [Exploziff's reasoning + not really made for Kalos Dex in mind but has interesting applications elsewhere]
4. jazzmat
5. okispokis
6. Gekokeso

:pangoro:
Uses his experience to guide them... but primarily to benefit himself only.
1. Queen Ausma [ausma sub + perfect synergy with Knock Off]
2. Delta
3. BlueRay
4. Agent 9
5. War Incarnate [less proud of this since it feels like it'd be hard to get mileage out of this one in Singles.]
6. NANI?!
7. jazzmat
8. DrPumpkinz
9. okispokis
10. DarkFairy

What's with the constant fighting? He just wants to play.
1. NANI?!
2. DrPumpkinz
3. Ausma
4. Gravity Monkey
5. Snowdrops
6. okispokis
7. woop & GhiteOff
8. jazzmat

:pangoro:
1. ausma
2. jazzmat
3. okispokis
4. DarkFairy
5. BlueRay
6. NANI?!?
7. Exploziff

1. DarkFairy and Paulluxx
2. Exploziff
3. XtheGAMEmaster
4. War Incarnate and NANI?!?
5. abismal
6. okispokis

1. Sticky and IsoCon
2. jazzmat
3. DrPumpkinz
4. woop and GhiteOff
5. XtheGAMEmaster
6. Gravity Monkey
7. okispokis

Below, my votes. I'm incredibly busy right now. So, I had to keep this list rather short and forego my usual formatting. I apologize in advance.
:Heatmor:
1) WarIncarnate & NANI?!
2) Exploziff
3) DarkFairy & Paul
4) jazzmat
5) Gekokeso
6) abismal
7) Delta

1) NANI?!
2) ausma
3) okispokis
4) Snowdrops
5) jazzmat
6) XTheGAMEmaster
7) PlazmaDragon

:Pangoro:
1) jazzmat
2) BlueRay and Sticky
3) Delta
4) ausma
5) okispokis
6) Eeveekid10
7) Snowdrops

Okay, it's official. Doing that sucks. Anybody else volunteering to do that next slate would be greatly appreciated!
Continual computer problems aside, I have no problems volunteering for this. You'll have to PM me though since I still can't access Discord (or, hell, Dragons Heaven at this point whatever reason). In the meanwhile:

01. NANI?!?
02. jazzmat
03. BlueRay
04. Exploziff
05. Agent 9
06. Ausma
07. The Damned (self-vote)
08. DrPumpkinz
09. DarkFairy
10. SimpyShrimp

01. DrPumpkinz
02. Turtlek
03. woop and GhiteOff
04. Sticky & Isocon
05. The Damned (self-vote)
06. okipokis
07. PlazmaDragon
08. Ausma
09. NANI?!?
10. Snowdrops

01. okispokis
02. Exploziff
03. War Incarnate and NANI?!?
04. Turtlek
05. Gekokeso
06. XtheGamemaster
07. MegaFlareon
08. DarkFairy and Paulluxx
09. Snowdrops
10. abismal

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Hello again everyone! The votes are in!
Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
Without further ado...
:quagsire: Mega Quagsire: Sticky Fingaaa & IsoCon !!
Collab with IsoCon

Mega Quagsire
Ability: Marshland Lord (Sets Water Sport and Mud Sport upon switch-ins)

Stats:
Atk: 110 (+25)
Def: 125 (+40)
SpA: 100 (+35)
SpD: 65 (+0)
Spe: 35 (+0)

New moves: Flip Turn

It's hard to pull Mega Quagsire off, few abilities are able to fit the flavor of Quagsire as well as Unaware while allowing it to differentiate itself from its base form, but Marshland Lord does both while putting into work the effect of 2 moves with huge wasted potential.
Quagsire now creates its own swamps to live in AND make a living out of it, after all, Quagsire is a landlord in the Mystery Dungeons series :)

Competitive Design
Quagsire has a huge twist in its role as a mega, now it is a defensive pivot meant to support its teammates through its ability, able to reduce the damage of Fire and Electric type moves to 1/3, allowing teammates such as Gliscor, Scizor, Amoonguss to check the likes of Simisear-Mega, Zapdos, Heliolisk-Mega, Volcanion, Rotom-Heat/Wash, and others, much more efficiently, and while the ability might sound broken, it's worth noting that Quagsire itself can't switch safely into most of the mons listed previously, thanks to its low SpD, which allows it to still be threatened by most strong special attackers, forcing you to play very carefully to keep it alive. It's very important pointing that although Marshland Lord brings many benefits to Quagsire and any team that chooses to run it, it also has its disadvantages, Marshland Lordakes your teambuilding process much more restrictive, after all, your team is also affected by it, it discourages you to run the likes of Zapdos and Rotom-Heat, which would make up for great partners for Quagsire-Mega, gives Volcanion a hard time dealing with grass types like Amoonguss, as they can switch in much more safely, and overall makes it harder for any mon that relies on Fire or Electric coverage to deal with Scizor, Slowbro, Ferrothorn, and many others dominant mons of the metagame.
EDIT What differentiates Quagsire from other potential users is the fact that Quagsire does not benefit from the ability itself, it already resists those moves naturally and its SpD is way too low for it to sponge any secondary stab or even coverage the mons it helps keep in check through its ability; it's also important noting that although the Flip Turn addition might look like overkill, Marshland Lord's effect will only last 3 turns for its partners, as it takes 1 turn for Quagsire to switch into the field, and 1 to switch out, outside of situations where it comes in as the lead or to replace a previously killed mon, where Marshland Lord only lasts for 4 turns, but that'd also be presuming that you're not using any move other than Flip Turn, any Mon able to force Quagsire to Recover or attack too often can neutralize its ability almost completely, which is a weakness far easier to exploit thanks to its mediocre SpD, which makes both effects of the ability not only needed, but also balanced.
1682189488158.png

:heatmor: Mega Heatmor: War Incarnate & NANI?! !!
This Heatmor was made in collaboration with NANI?!, and it is my first collab at that!

Hope you enjoy!
Mega Heatmor
New Ability
: Stakeout
Type: Fire/Ground

New stats:
HP: 85
Attack: 122 (+25)
Defense: 76 (+10)
Special Attack: 105
Special Defense: 106 (+40)
Speed: 90 (+25)
(584 BST)

New moves: Power Whip, Yawn
Description: This Mega Heatmor aims to be a powerful offensive wallbreaker that uses the unique combo of STAB Fire Lash [or Yawn] + Stakeout to force switches and chunk that switch with a powerful hit. Boasting a massively improved defensive typing and special bulk, it can get on the field relatively easily; its defensive typing gives it a desired Stealth Rock neutrality and Electric immunity and its special bulk lets it come in on the Fairy- and Electric-type mons roaming the meta, such as Zapdos and take a hit if it needs to. And once it's on the field, its great attack stat and decent speed tier ensure it can pull off a Fire Lash with relative ease. The defense drop lets it easily force out many mons, defensive and offensive alike, lest they risk eating a powerful attack, which gives it the perfect conditions for Stakeout to activate and take a foe down with it. Power Whip lets it chunk would-be Water-type switchins to its Fire Lash, such as Quagsire, Alomomola, and Mega Lanturn as well as targets like Hippowdon, while gaining STAB on its Stomping Tantrum lets it chunk mons like Solrock that would otherwise stand in the way of its Fire Lash shenanigans. Meanwhile, Knock Off is useful as general item removal while Yawn is another option to synergize with Stakeout. Sucker Punch is potentially useful to snipe faster targets, though it does not work on the switch.

In terms of flavor, Stakeout also fits perfectly with Heatmor. It tends to wait for Durant to approach and will scout for them avidly before picking them off, one by one.
1682189502201.png

:pangoro: Mega Pangoro: jazzmat !!
fighting/dark
stats
hp- 95
atk- 134(+10)
def- 112(+34)
spa- 74(+15)
spd- 101(+30)
spe- 69(+11)

ability: bad influence- when this pokemon gets a start drop (from self or other) all pokemon on the field share the stat drop
1682189527424.png

Congrats to the winners and thank you all for your submissions! All of these rule wtf!

As far as announcements go, I do have something for you all to chew on next;
Kalos Slate 7 is now open for submissions!
:ss/jumpluff: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/florges:
Submissions for :jumpluff: Mega Jumpluff, :rhyperior: Mega Rhyperior and :florges: Mega Florges are open, effective immediately!
I'm not entirely clear on when we're set to close it for review, but it'll be open for at least a week from now, or possibly three. Someone will be back here to let you all know when we've got that figured out, sorry I can't give anything clearer at the moment!

Until then, see you around & have a good one!:trapinch:

First

Reserving Sheer Force rhyperior, fluffy jumpluff
Hi!
Just so you know, posting "first" and listing a bunch of ideas you want to reserve as soon as the slate opens is usually not how M4A does things, and it's not something you should expect to be encouraged or enforced.
It's not just a race to be online at exactly the right time - some people have been discussing ideas for certain Pokémon (like Fluffy Jumpluff) and already basically finished subs for them since before the slate was even announced, so it would be silly to say they can't sub just because they weren't online right when the slate opened, you know?

In general, it would be more productive to share how you plan to execute an idea and what you mean to focus on so that other people can differentiate their ideas from yours, not just post an Ability you like with no context or ideas attached, which is why people wait to post in the thread until they have a finished or mostly-finished sub.

If you want to post a submission that you've barely started - including to get feedback on it, to stake your claim so other people don't get there first, and to see if an idea has already been discussed before you even got there - the best practice is to join the Discord server linked in the first post and participate in the #submission-feedback channels! People will let you know if someone else is already working on the same thing so you can collaborate or ask them if they're okay with you trying something similar, and in turn, it adds the same layer of protection to your ideas. It helps everyone a lot more C:

:sv/rhyperior:
Mega Rhyperior
Type:
Ground / Rock
Ability: Rocky Payload
Stats:
HP: 115​
Att: 170 (+30)
Def: 180 (+50)
SpA: 85 (+30)
SpD: 55​
Spe: 30 (-10)

The flavor of Rocky Payload (also called Rock Transport) is that the Pokemon moves rocks that are not part of its body from one place to another. Launching rocks out of a cannon is a method of moving rocks. A very violent method of moving rocks.

Mega Rhyperior doubles down on its Rock STAB, to nuclear results. Its Stone Edge can 2HKO phydef Tangrowth and neatly OHKOs after a Swords Dance, and its Rock Slides in doubles are the second strongest in the game, only being beaten by a Rampardos boosted by Sheer Force and either Life Orb or Choice Band. And of course, if Mega Rhyperior wants to just delete whatever's in front of it, it can launch a supercharged Rock Wrecker, the force of which has a decent chance to OHKO physdef Skarmory after rocks.

:sv/florges::sv/florges-blue::sv/florges-orange::sv/florges-white::sv/florges-yellow:
Mega Florges
Type:
Fairy
Ability: Soul-Heart
Stats:
HP: 78​
Att: 95 (+30)
Def: 78 (+10)
SpA: 132 (+20)
SpD: 184 (+30)
Spe: 85 (+10)

AZ originally designed the ultimate weapon to harvest souls and transfer them into his Floette. It isn't much of a stretch that the mega stones spawned from the ultimate weapon would bestow similar abilities onto Florges.

A Fairy-type with Soul-Heart immediately draws dangerous comparisons to Magearna, though despite that I don't think Mega Florges will be broken. It lacks a lot of Magearna's dominating traits, such as its Steel typing, great physical bulk (to complement Calm Mind), amazing coverage, and the ability to boost its Speed. That said, it does have some things going for it. Its special bulk is outstanding, and it can back it up with semi-reliable recovery in Synthesis and Wish. It has access to Moonblast, making it stronger than Magearna in terms of general-purpose Fairy STAB (though of course it lacks the burst damage of Fleur Cannon). Its coverage isn't anything spectacular, but it has just the tools it needs between Psychic and Hidden Power to hit Fairy resists. And while it can't boost its Speed, its unboosted Speed is good enough to outrun most defensive Pokemon without investment.

Soul-Heart also plays into and perverts base Florges's doubles theming. Both of Florges's abilities serve only to support its ally in a double battle, but Soul-Heart does the opposite. Not only does it only benefit Mega Florges, but it benefits Mega Florges by hurting its ally, because the ally boosts Soul-Heart by fainting.

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
:Jumpluff: Mega Jumpluff (Jumpluffite)
Type: Grass / Flying
Ability: Cotton Down
New stats:
HP - 75
Attack - 60 (+5)
Defense -110 (+40)
Special Attack - 60 (+5)
Special Defense - 125 (+30)
Speed - 130 (+20)
BST - 560 (+100)
New moves:
+ Hurricane
+ Gust
+ Body Press
Description:
Mega Jumpluff's defensive utility is further increased with Cotton Down and more optimized defensive stats. I decided to give it Hurricane and Gust due to it's strange lack of Flying-type moves, although, I doubt they will be used over the vast amounts of utility options it has instead. Body Press allows it to not be passive and takes advantage of Cotton Guard. It's a pretty nice defensive wall in general and makes up for it's poor defensive typing with some nice status moves.
Jumpluff @ Jumpluffite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Cotton Guard
- Strength Sap
- Leech Seed / Aromatherapy

Jumpluff @ Jumplufite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Strength Sap
- Leech Seed / Encore
- Toxic / Aromatherapy / Stun Spore

:Rhyperior: Mega Rhyperior (Rhyperiorite)
Type: Ground
Ability: Tectonic Upheavel
User's Ground-type moves have a 50% chance of setting up Spikes or Stealth Rock each turn of use.
New Stats:
HP - 115
Attack - 155 (+15)
Defense - 165 (+35)
Special Attack - 85 (+30)
Special Defense - 70 (+15)
Speed - 45 (+5)
BST - 635 (+100)
New Moves:
+ Headlong Rush
Description:
An insanely powerful Ground-type attack spammer which encourages the use of defensive Grass- or Bug-type Pokemon. Mega Rhyperior has an Aggron situation going on with it's Rock-typing removed which arguably held it back defensively. Due to it's enormous Attack stat, Rock-type coverage is still dealing a lot to Flying-types so that's a non-issue.
Rhyperior @ Rhyperiorite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Headlong Rush / Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Punch / Fire Punch / Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock / Swords Dance

Rhyperior @ Rhyperiorite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

:Florges: Mega Florges (Florgesite)
Type: Fairy / Grass
Ability: Misty Surge
New Stats:
HP - 78
Attack - 105 (+40)
Defense - 79 (+11)
Special Attack - 136 (+24)
Special Defense - 167 (+13)
Speed - 87 (+12)
BST - 652 (+100)
New Moves:
+ Leaf Storm
+ Leaf Blade
+ Bullet Seed
Description:
A great typing, ability, and utility options allows Mega Florges to shine as a defensive Pokemon and due to it's great offensive stats it's far from passive. Not much else to say about this except that the Grass-typing is long deserved.
Florges @ Florgesite
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Defog / Aromatherapy / Magic Coat

Florges @ Florgesite
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Draining Kiss
- Synthesis
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
:sv/jumpluff:
Jumpluff
Grass/Flying
Ability:
Effect Spore
HP: 75
Attack: 55 ---> 85
Defense: 70 ---> 104
Special Attack: 55 ---> 55
Special Defense: 95 ---> 120
Speed: 110 ---> 111
Movepools additions: Defog, Hurricane, Gust, Air Slash
A solid pivot, abusing Strength Sap properties and its nature of mega to come on Fighting- and Water- type physical moves and Knock Off, potentially get a status, and then Sap Strength or U-Turn out.
Jumpluff @ Jumpluffite
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Strength Sap
- Encore
- U-turn
- Defog

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:florges: Mega Florges
New Ability
: Triage
Type
: Grass/Fairy

New stats:
HP: 78
Attack: 65 (+10)
Defense: 93 (+25)
Special Attack: 147 (+35)
Special Defense: 164 (+10)
Speed: 100 (+20)
(BST:652)

New moves: +Life Dew, +Floral Healing
Description: Bulky Comfey, can finally utilize moves such as Floral Healing and Moonlight effectively. Draining Kiss and Giga Drain can be used offensively too for STAB thanks to its new Grass typing. Sadly gains a quad weakness to Poison, but the quad weakness isn't by a type that is great offensively.

:rhyperior: Mega Rhyperior
New Ability
: Sand Stream
Type: Rock/Ground

New stats:
HP: 115
Attack: 160 (+20)
Defense: 185 (+50)
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 95 (+30)
Speed: 40
(BST:635)

New moves: +Spikes, +Rapid Spin
Description: Slow bulky hazard setter and spinner that is balanced by it's somewhat mediocre Sp.Def and it's exploitable 4x weaknesses. Exacavate is an ability that fits like a glove, although it might seem a bit too powerful for the metagame.

Last edited:
:Rhyperior: Mega Rhyperior
New Ability
: Weak Armor
Type: Ground / Rock

Stats:
Attack: 140 + 10 = 150
Defense: 130 +10
Special Attack: 55 +30 = 85
Special Defense: 55 + 20 = 75
Speed: 40 + 30 = 70
(BST: 635)

New Moves: None
Description:
Its armor is getting weaker with the mega evolution + the lava. Now, it can easily crackle (it's still an extremely solid one).

Weak Armor + bulk + Swords Dance + EdgeQuake is something I likely don't need to explain. I didn't want to focus on a bulky/defensive approach because it's kinda hard to make a bulkier mon than Rhyperior due to Solid Rock being as good as it is, so I wanted to try Weak Armor so it can trade bulk for setup. Even after Weak Armor, it can still be outsped by some Scarfers, and bulky Water like Slowbro or Rotom-Wash can still wall it and take it down. Despite this, it can be extremely strong as it can find a setup opportunity and just sweep a game.

First sub here, despite being around for a while lol

:xy/jumpluff:

Mega Jumpluff (Grass/Flying)
Ability : Delta Stream
Hp : 75
Atk: 55
Def: 100 (+30)
SpA: 89 (+34)
SpD: 105 (+10)
Spe: 136 (+26)
New move : Hurricane, Air Slash , Whirlwind

Mega Jumpluff is pollen , pollen are annoying ---> Jumpluff is annoying !
This mega is the embodiment of that. With enhanced bulk and Delta stream removing flying type weakness , Jumpluff can take full advantage of it's great utility movepool to annoy the shit out of the opponent and make slow progress through leech seed , statut in sleeping and stun powder or even using its speed to encore. With Strenght Sap you can abuse the huge speed to make sure to neuter physical attacker, or you could use synthesis as reliable recovery without having to be afraid of weather reducing your healing potential. The ability is also great at dealing with weather if your team struggle to play against rain , as Jumpluff can easily switch on most rain abuser. In TCG , in addition to the previous option , it can also use tailwind and rage powder with it's great bulk to support it's teamate.

:xy/rhyperior:
Mega Rhyperior (Ground/Rock)
Ability : Mold Breaker
Hp : 115
Atk: 185 (+45)
Def: 140 (+10)
SpA: 65 (+10)
SpD: 70 (+15)
Spe: 60 (+20)

Similarly to Mega Heracross , Mega Rhyperior is the definition of a wall breaker. With Mold breaker allowing it to ignore ability such as unaware and levitate, Rhyperior can use it's insane attack to wreck havoc through opponent team. The slight increase in speed help in dealing with slow wall with a bit of investment , while rehyperior natural bulk help him tank 1 or 2 hit from faster threath. With it rather low speed, Mega Rhyperior enjoy support from TR, or sticky web to compensate for its middling speed.

:xy/florges:

Florges Mega (Fairy)
Ability : Grassy Surge
Hp : 78
Atk : 92(+27)
Def : 93(+25)
SpA: 139 (+27)
SpD: 162 (+8)
Spe: 87(+11)

With the absence of terrain setter (and especially grassy terrain) , as well as the limitation on bulky grass and flying, the metagame is very open for one pokemon to tear down balance team : Garchomp. With a life orb set being able to go mixed even dedicated wall like skarmory or tangrowth get obliterated by fire blast, leaving the only option to deal with the monster to outspeed and revenge kill it with mon like weavile. But fear no more , as Mega Florges enter the fray as THE anti-chomp. With an upgraded bulk allowing Florges to avoid 3HKO from LO EQ chomp with only HP investment and kill it on a roll with univested moonblast , this mega will make sure to send the shark back to the sandbox. It also allow Florges to gain an almost secondary stab on its usually unused grass move like giga drain , or seed bomb for the more heat player. The passive recovery from grassy terrain also pair well with wish tec set. It is however still unable to beat steel type whatsoever as it lack the coverage to do so. And hu flavor , it's a damn flower
(Edited)

Last edited:
:florges:
Mega Florges
New Ability
: Flower Veil
Type: Grass/Fairy

New stats:
HP: 78
Attack: 80 (+15)
Defense: 98 (+30)
Special Attack: 142 (+30)
Special Defense: 169 (+15)
Speed: 85 (+10)
(652 BST)

New moves:
Description:
Flower Veil is such a good ability, granting a free status immunity on top of a niche yet useful stat-lowering immunity. The problem is that no Grass-types, which the ability interacts with, get it. Say no more!

This Mega Florges aims to be a powerful mon that can go either defensive or offensive depending on its team's needs. Sporting massive special bulk and a surprisingly useful defensive typing that carries a variety of useful resistances to common types like Electric, Water, Dark, Fighting, and Ground, it can prove a potent defensive option. Flower Veil's status immunity and good movepool sporting access to moves such as Defog, Synthesis, and Wish also help in this regard, with the former making it hard to chip down and the latter granting a bevy of additional traits, such as reliable recovery as well as additional means of support. And it's no slouch offensively either - its coverage may not be amazing, but between Calm Mind and an already massive base special attack, it can prove itself a potent threat on the field that can be hard to get rid of, lending credit to its great bulk.

In VGC, this mon could potentially prove an interesting offensive threat that can be hard to stop once it gets going. Thanks to part-Grass typing, it has an innate Spore and Rage Powder immunity that makes it harder to stop [on top of all the valuable resists its Fairy typing provides in tandem]. Flower Veil's immunity to stat lowering ensures that Snarl/Struggle Bug and Intimidate don't stop it either, and it's massive special and respectable physical bulk lets it take a hit. As Flower Veil also applies to its allies, mons like Rillaboom, Tapu Bulu, and Amoonguss are great partners to benefit Florges' ability, with the former's Grassy Surge boosting Florges' Grass STAB while being shielded form Intimidate thanks to the ability, while the latter provides coveted support in Rage Powder, Spore, and Pollen Puff.

:rhyperior:
Mega Rhyperior
New Ability
: Desolate Land
Type: Rock/Ground

New stats:
Attack: 150 (+10)
Defense: 150 (+20)
Special Attack: 85 (+30)
Special Defense: 85 (+30)
Speed: 50 (+10)
(635 BST)

New moves: lol
Description: A powerful tank that uses its massive physical bulk to stomach hits and its massive attack stat to dish out tons of damage with STAB EdgeQuake, which is always useful to have. Its defensive typing, despite being riddled with weaknesses, is decent enough to let it tank a variety of hits from a variety of mons in the tier. Desolate Land is the cherry on top of the cake, giving it a free Water immunity to ensure maximum survivability while having the added benefit of boosting its Fire coverage to hit the few mons that don't fear STAB EdgeQuake. Meanwhile, in VGC, it could serve the role of a budget Groudon, lending credit to STAB EdgeQuake coming off of a massive 150 attack and Desolate Land boosting its Fire coverage to staggering levels. Having amazing physical bulk and serviceable special bulk also works to its advantage as well in Doubles, which lets it survive a lot of hits if it needs to. All of these traits combined make it a great partner for Grass-type mons in VGC, which appreciate Rhyperior's ability to resist and check the Fire- and Flying-types that threaten them as well as the benefits of Desolate Land, which can activate Chlorophyll and boost their Fire coverage to threaten Steel-types that would resist them. In addition, it also has plenty of notable matchups versus other weather setters, notably matching up well versus Dhelmise if Mega Rhyperior switches in on it first [though if Dhelmise switches in on Mega Rhyperior you're basically dead].

Rhyperior's rock-hard skin has adapted further, becoming almost entirely made up of igneous rock due to volcanic influences [and on the inside I suppose it has a lot of magma within it as well, but this magma is not ever visible, preventing it from being part Fire-type]. This has made its exterior even tougher and I suppose now it is able to emanate a ton of heat as a result of these influences. This heat causes any and all water to evaporate before it can make contact, while boosting its Fire moves even further [since Rhyperior learns a decent amount of them].

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:dp/rhyperior:
:rhyperior: Mega Rhyperior
New Ability
: Steam Engine
Type: Ground/Rock

New stats: 115/150/170/70/80/50
HP: 115 (+0)
Attack: 140 --> 150 (+10)
Defense: 130 --> 170 (+40)
Special Attack: 55 --> 70 (+15)
Special Defense: 55 --> 80 (+25)
Speed: 40 --> 50 (+10)
(BST) 535 --> 635

New moves: Doesn't need it
Description: Here's the thing about Rhyperior: The base form is already extremely strong and could probably carve a niche in any OU format solely due to its STAB combo and incredible Attack and bulk. As such, I wanted to keep what made Rhyperior strong without investing in a great ability. Steam Engine can obviously be very powerful, as you can get to +6 Speed and crush most mons under the weight of your raw stats at this point. However, activating it is not without its risks. Rhyperior has the bulk to take weaker Water moves, but it has to be very healthy to do so and can leave itself open to a Scald burn or many forms of priority. Taking Fire moves is safer, but Fire types will have tools to cripple it as they're generally good users of status options such as Will-O-Wisp and Toxic. However, its potential is sky-high if you can get it to activate safely, which is especially realistic for VGC. The most relevant thing about Rhyperior isn't Steam Engine though, it's that it remains the tank it is in base form. With improved Defenses to takes hits, higher Speed to make outspeeding defensive mons easier and just a little bit of Attack, Rhyperior can be an important part of your gameplan, both offensively and defensively, without needing any gimmicks. So you can pretty much use it like you would use regular Rhyperior: A Stealth Rock Setter or a Swords Dance breaker that's very hard to kill and that has a STAB combo that's very hard to deal with.

:Jumpluff: Mega Jumpluff
New Ability
: Earth Eater
Type: Grass/Ground

New stats:
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 95 (+40)
Defense: 75 (+5)
Special Attack: 95 (+40)
Special Defense: 100 (+5)
Speed: 120 (+10)
(560 BST)

New moves: Ingrain, Bulldoze, Earth Power
Description: The premise is simple. Jumpluff has decided to land and set down its roots. Earth Eater is it's ability because it's now getting nutrients from the earth, which just so happens to have the Mega keep the Ground type Immunity of its base form. Ingrain's mostly there for flavor reasons, but using it also prevents you from getting swapped out, which might be useful in certain scenarios.

Will possibly do the others if I come up with anything interesting for them.

1682275864829.png

Type: Ground/Rock
Ability: Relentless - The user bypasses the recharge time of certain moves. (Let's be honest, we all saw an ability like this coming LMAO)

-Stats-
Hp: 115
Atk: 140 -> 190 (+50)
Def: 130 -> 150 (+20)
SpA: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpD: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Spe: 40 -> 50 (+10)
Bst: 535 -> 635 (+100)

-New Moves-
Meteor Assault

“It's plate armor becomes so heavy through Mega Evolution that Mega Rhyperior prefers to carry it on all fours. A side effect of this behavior is that Mega Rhyperior shows an almost lower level of intelligence than Rhyhorn, but it will still respond to basic commands and remember its Trainer's name. It can completely level a major city in minutes.”

Rhyperior on paper is a very simple mon- Send it out at a good opportunity, click your banded physical moves, watch a resist take almost 50%, rinse and repeat. Mega Rhyperior aims to play to those strengths to become an even more monstrous physical wallbreaker that clicks one or two VERY good buttons, with the option to become one of the most dangerous cleaners in the game after a Rock Polish or an OHKO machine after an SD.

Mega Rhyperior's excellent bulk means it can tank neutral hits very well, especially from more passive Pokémon, and tries to find it's entry point there to start brute-forcing holes though the opponent's team until they've been weakened enough to sweep after a Rock Polish. However, it's incredible STAB typing also comes with the drawback of being easy to lure- A random HP Grass or quad super-effective coverage move will rip through it on the switch, especially after loosing Solid Rock, limiting it's overall sweeping potential.

Base 53 speed is a particularly good speed tier for a wallbreaker to hit, and with Jolly and max investment, Mega Rhyperior can outspeed the most popular scarfer in M4A Kalos- Rotom Wash. However, this is at the cost of not using Adamant to get the most amount of damage out of Rhyperior on a game-to-game basis and achieving almost gamebreaking feats such as 2hkoing Physdef Tangrowth with Rock Wrecker without Stealth Rocks.

Meteor Assault gives Mega Rhyperior an impressive Fighting-type option to abuse it's ability and does about as much as STAB Earthquake without giving Base Rhyperior a better fighting type move to use.

As per usual, more subs will be added as I think of them!

6-28-23: Edited stats- Less speed, less bulk, and even higher attack! This should change the playstyle a bit to lean more heavily on wallbreaking, aiming for 2hkos on even the bulkiest of pokemon and ohkoing everything it can after an SD, held back by now being checked by Scarf Rotom-Wash.

Last edited:
:bw/rhyperior:
Mega Rhyperior
New Ability
: Armor Tail ("This pokemon and its allies are protected from opposing priority moves")
Type:

New stats:
Atk: 180 (+40)
Def: 150 (+20)
SpA: 45 (+10)
SpD: 75 (+20)
Spe: 50 (+10)
(635)

New moves: none!
Description: Back in SWSH OU, Rhyperior gained popularity for a time thanks to its Rock Polish weakness policy set. I decided to give it a different way of abusing rock polish and other speed altering moves. Armor Tail helps prevent priority moves its naturally weak to such as Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch or even Grassy Glide from touching it, allowing it to wreak havoc after its speed gets up. Additionally because of its low speed but gargantuan attack, running it alongside Trick Room in VGC is just as applicable, preventing its allies from being faked out before they can set trick room, making it harder to punish after the fact and then enabling it to spam rock slide to its hearts content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 9)