Not open for further replies.
Meowstic (female) @ Leftovers
252 speed/ 252 SP. ATT / Modest
Competitive

Stored Power/ Psyshock/psychic
Signal Beam/shadow Ball
Disarming voice
Calm Mind

This set is to take advantage of the female Meowstic offisive moveset. Tell you the truth,this set will probaly be used in the RU.

Competitive

Signal Beam/shadow Ball
Disarming voice
Calm Mind

This set is to take advantage of the female Meowstic offisive moveset. Tell you the truth,this set will probaly be used in the RU.
Disarming Voice is way too weak and the only thing it does that Signal Beam/Psychic move of choice don't is hitting Dragons for SE damage, and even then it's weaker than Psychic

Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball would be better in the third slot, to have something that hits Steels for neutral damage

Disarming Voice is way too weak and the only thing it does that Signal Beam/Psychic move of choice don't is hitting Dragons for SE damage, and even then it's weaker than Psychic

Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball would be better in the third slot, to have something that hits Steels for neutral damage
Thunderbolt is a good choice, but on signal beam, it does alot of damage to not only, otther pychics, but darks, and grass, it has better coverage, as for dragons, really HP ice or HP fairy could be a better option against them

I'm relatively new to all of this, but I've been using a support Meowstic♂ in doubles and it has worked amazingly well. Priority dualscreens along with Fake-Out and a status of choice is invaluable, as well as being able to outspeed any other Prankster users, notably Klefki. Here's the set I've been using.

Meowstic (M) @ Light Clay/Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 HP / 4 Def
Jolly/Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave/Toxic/Psychic
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Fake Out

Jolly if I'm not running Psychic, Timid if I am at the time. While Psychic is useful so he's not Taunt bait, I more often than not prefer to use Prankster to spread status than attempt to rely on his barely passable Sp.Atk. If only he got Safeguard.

Meowstic has some potential to allow a sweeper to set up. I think that Meowstic is overlooked because of Klefki. However, there is one move that Meowstic has that Klefki doesn't which distinguishes Meowstic, Charm.

Get that 1 free turn to Set Up My Sweeper Kitty (GT1FTTSUMSWK for short)
Meowstic - Male - Bold - prankster
252hp
252def
Light clay/leftovers
Reflect
Charm
Mean Look
Light Screen/TWave/Toxic

This kitty should be sent in on a physical attacker on revenge, usually a semi-bulky one with only a +1 attack set up move (d.dance, bulk up, curse, hone claws) OR a choice user (except for Dark/Ghost/bug STAB and/or Choice Band+dark/ghost/bug). For example, Gyarados (mega or normal), Choice locked Garchomp, Megazard x, Talon Flame (without SD), DD Dragonite, SupportChomp, Yawnless Hippowdon, SupportTar, Choice Scarf TTar (locked into anything but Crunch), Choice Scizor (not locked into bug), etc.

Obviously taunt screws you up too.

Likewise, support users that decide to stay in 1 turn may just cost their team the game (forretress, skarm, ferrothorn, etc if they don't have toxic/will-o-wisp).

Against Physical Attacker
1. Set up Reflect or Mean Look
2. Use either charm/mean look/reflect depending on how much damage your opponent can do to you
3. Use charm/mean look (whichever one you didn't use in step 2). The opponent's pokemon will be doing next to nothing to your Meowstic.
4. Use charm again (use charm as many times as necessary to keep their sweeper in the -3 to -6 attack modifiers)
5. Cripple with Twave/Toxic or put up light screen
6. Set up Reflect (if no light clay)
7. Switch to set up sweeper with dual screens and crippled opponent's pokemon

This ensures you 1 free boost when the opponent switches his pokemon along with dual screens/status on one of their pokemon and a relatively health meowstic. For example, Lucario is essentially guaranteed a free SD and can go for a sweep.

Obviously, this set up is a bit extreme but I think it can be used effectively. Be warned, a critical hit can bypass everything and ruin your day.

Against support users, you can go for the mean look, dual screens/reflect+status, and switch sooner to allow for a free turn of set up. Also, this meowstic can be a lead forcing the opponent's lead to stay in 1 extra turn allowing your set up sweeper a free turn to set up. Likewise you can send in a defog user to clear their set up (and your own screens but oh well).

Last edited:
It seems clear to me that Meowstic was intended for the doubles/triples meta. Fake out, priority screens, and priority status/weather are his main attractions. But they pale into uselessness in singles because he has no partners to simultaneously take advantage of his setups.

currently i'm leaning towards a duo screens CM set that looks something like this

left overs (ya ya i know. but this one has no other forms of recovery)
barrier
light screen
calm mind
psychic/psyshock/thunderbolt/singal beam

the idea is put up duo screens and set up calm mind behind screens for a few turns and unleash massive attacks wonder if you can breed nasty plot onto it o.o

Gonna shiny hunt for a female using the Poke rader. What Nature do I want, Modest or Timid? And is Stored Power good if she is using Calm Mind+charge beam, or too gimmicky?

Gonna shiny hunt for a female using the Poke rader. What Nature do I want, Modest or Timid? And is Stored Power good if she is using Calm Mind+charge beam, or too gimmicky?
Stored Power is great if you know you can get off mor than 1 CM, otherwise I'd say stick to Psychic.

And for Nature, it probably depends on which Gender. Timid or Modest would be great for either really, but if you want a male, it might also be able to work with a Defensive nature, like Bold or Careful. Although if Meowstic-F it has crappy Sp. Attack, so I'd say Modest to give it extra power, as its speed is relatively fine.

And, because someone earlier in the topic wondered, Meowstic does get Swagger, and also stuff like Barrier and Yawn, and Attract (Which everyone seems to be against, its a great status) All priority.

And for Doubles it also gets Helping HAnd. Not really a quality to make it better than other pokemon for that role, but still.

Competitive

Signal Beam/shadow Ball
Disarming voice
Calm Mind

There's no way female Meowstic will be getting much usage in NU, let alone RU. The best Pokemon in 5th gen NU was Jynx, which has 32 extra base Special Attack, a water immunity, a sleep move (when does anyone EVER stay in after they've been Yawned), Nasty Plot, and fantastic secondary Ice STAB over female Meowstic. Sure, Meowstic has 9 extra Speed, but Jynx's base 95 was the Speed benchmark in NU, and it should be even better with one of the few viable NU Pokemon faster than Jynx (Charizard) leaving NU for sure with its new Mega forms. The ONLY thing Meowstic-F has over Jynx is its ability to outspeed scarf Primeape with a scarf of its own. (Jynx speed ties it anyway) Seriously, that's it. I don't see any reason to use it over Jynx, Musharna, or any other good NU Psychic-type.

Stored Power is great if you know you can get off mor than 1 CM, otherwise I'd say stick to Psychic.

And for Nature, it probably depends on which Gender. Timid or Modest would be great for either really, but if you want a male, it might also be able to work with a Defensive nature, like Bold or Careful. Although if Meowstic-F it has crappy Sp. Attack, so I'd say Modest to give it extra power, as its speed is relatively fine.

And, because someone earlier in the topic wondered, Meowstic does get Swagger, and also stuff like Barrier and Yawn, and Attract (Which everyone seems to be against, its a great status) All priority.

And for Doubles it also gets Helping HAnd. Not really a quality to make it better than other pokemon for that role, but still.
I did get a Shiny Male, but it's a brave nature, without the Hidden Ability.

I did get a Modest Espurr who is now a Female Meowstic with Perfect IV in SpA, SpD, and HP, 29 Defense, and low 20's in Speed. So I maxed out IV's in SpA and Speed and Rest in HP. Thinking of a good moveset for her though. With those stats, think she can get multiple calm minds off? Or at least 1 calm mind and a charge beam or 2? if so...

w/Focus Sash/Petya Berry/Salac Berry/Weakness Policy
Stored Power
Calm Mind
Charge Beam
SHadow Ball

With Weakness Policy... if you can predict a weak SE attack, like a Weak Shadow Sneak, you can boost Stored power instantly to 100 BP. However, I wonder what are the chances of getting hit by a Weak Bug, Ghost, or Dark attack... Salac Berry may be best. Shame I didn't get COmpetitive... but I like the ability to go through Substitutes and the screens.

My Other Option

Salac Berry/Safety Goggles//CHoice Specs/something else
PsyShock
Shadow Ball
Me First/Calm Mind/Signal Beam
Thunderbolt

Me First Might be interesting with her above average speed... I mean sure, it's not the fastest Me First user, but it could be a very nasty surprise. But it's also unpredictible, and sadly I didn't get 31 speed... so even with max Speed IV's she won't be super fast

I do like the uniquess of the top one... it's just getting Stored Power strong enough which may be a pain... If only this was a Baton Pass team... but it isn't. Still, With Gourgiest inflicting W-o-W to everyone, she could maybe switch in on a weak Ghost, dark, Bug attack to activate Weakness policy... maybe...

There's no way female Meowstic will be getting much usage in NU, let alone RU. The best Pokemon in 5th gen NU was Jynx, which has 32 extra base Special Attack, a water immunity, a sleep move (when does anyone EVER stay in after they've been Yawned), Nasty Plot, and fantastic secondary Ice STAB over female Meowstic. Sure, Meowstic has 9 extra Speed, but Jynx's base 95 was the Speed benchmark in NU, and it should be even better with one of the few viable NU Pokemon faster than Jynx (Charizard) leaving NU for sure with its new Mega forms. The ONLY thing Meowstic-F has over Jynx is its ability to outspeed scarf Primeape with a scarf of its own. (Jynx speed ties it anyway) Seriously, that's it. I don't see any reason to use it over Jynx, Musharna, or any other good NU Psychic-type.
None of those Psychic's have the ability to pass through Substitutes, screens, and such... but you are right Female Meowstic doesn't have as much punch as Male one... which is a shame because I love the females Tsundere look. Still plan to use her on my second team.

Yeah this thing is definitely really good Doubles/Triples material with priority support moves and fake out. It's not so much standard metagame material though (dunno about NU or RU). Before information was actually released, I was hoping this thing would be faster than Gengar, but that was too good to be true (plus there's mega gengar which is a definite nope). It's 1 base speed slower than Meinshao which really sucks for it too. I'd honestly just use Klefki if you want support in a singles metagame. I don't think it has the defenses to pull off a stored powered set very well in OU either and only the female Meowstic can only use stored power (no prankster calm mind).

Last edited:
I thought of a better option then my second Option above.

w/ Peteya Berry, Salac Berry, Twisted Spoon
Psyshock
Future Sight
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam

I really like how Future sight is now. I run it on my Delphox, and it really helps against a bunch of pokemon, giving me some extra needed damage. Twisted Spoon should turn that 120 BP move into a 144 damage move, before STAB. And if they think they can switch to a Dark type, Meowstic has Signal Beam to deal with them.

Female Meowstic is highly inconsistent in doubles and triples. It can sometimes grab +2 or even +4 from intimidates, but be dead weight other times if it's low SpA remains unboosted. It also lacks high BP attacks outside of Future Sight (which isn't too great in multibattles anyway) to deal with bulkier threats even with boosts. Infiltrator is probably the more viable ability for the females as it gives them un-blockable Thunder Waves and Future Sights that are difficult to mitigate.

Personally, I've found this to work really well for the male meowstic:

Hold twisted spoon
252 HP/252 speed/6 defense
Nature = Modest, Ability = Infiltrator (never found a HA meowstic after spending hours searching, so haven't been able to try with a prankster meowstic)
~Psychic
~Charge beam
~Toxic
~Protect
I start with toxic, use protect to stall for toxic to wear at the opponent's HP faster, then during the turns where I can't use protect I'll either use charge beam to attack while increasing special attack or use psychic. I only recently started playing pokemon competitively though, so not sure if this is actually any good, but it worked better for me than anything else I could find. I would've tried to see what I could do with meowstic with signal beam since it seems like a lot of people have their meowstics learn it, but I'm not sure how to teach it that since there's no TM for it and I couldn't find a move tutor who could teach it.

Last edited:
Hello, anyone can help me please?. Today i captured an Espurr female shiny, but unfortunately it isn't Timid/Modest as i wanted but i captured her because i love so much Meowstics (i have one female Timid) but i have a doubt about that Pokemon specially in her speed.
Shyni has this stats:
Ability: Infiltrator
Lv: 47
Item: None
Nature: Bold
Atk: 45
Def: 100
SpAtk: 127
SpDef: 85
Speed: 133
*Thunderbolt
*Psychic
*Shadow Ball
*Signal Beam

My other Meowstic is:
Lv: 95
Item: Metronome
Nature: Timid
Atk: 102
Def: 179
SpAtk: 217
SpDef: 191
Speed: 297
The same moveset

So, do you think that, compairing the two pokemon, the shiny is a good idea to keep training?

Hello, anyone can help me please?. Today i captured an Espurr female shiny, but unfortunately it isn't Timid/Modest as i wanted but i captured her because i love so much Meowstics (i have one female Timid) but i have a doubt about that Pokemon specially in her speed.
Shyni has this stats:
Lv: 47
Item: None
Nature: Bold
Atk: 45
Def: 100
SpAtk: 127
SpDef: 85
Speed: 133
*Thunderbolt
*Psychic
*Shadow Ball
*Signal Beam

My other Meowstic is:
Lv: 95
Item: Metronome
Nature: Timid
Atk: 102
Def: 179
SpAtk: 217
SpDef: 191
Speed: 297
The same moveset

So, do you think that, compairing the two pokemon, the shiny is a good idea to keep training?
It's hard to tell since they're at different levels. Assuming their IVs are similar I'd go with the non-shiny (even if shiny meowstic is amazing lol) because of its better nature. Bold doesn't seem like a terrible nature for meowstic, so if the shiny's IVs are better then it shouldn't hurt too much to stick with that one.

I've been at the receiving end of the Meowstic SafeSwag build in doubles and let me tell you: that thing is nasty if you can't stop it right away! And you can swap out Safeguard for Misty Terrain to a get a 50% damage reduction to Dragon attacks as well (if your team doesn't have flying pokes/Dragons offcourse). Got swept by a +2 Rock Slide spamming Mega Aerodactyl O.O

And I bet it won't work on Charizard X since lol GF so I'll be stuck with Safeguard v.v

I use a male on my team as a dual screens lead and it is really effective.

TheCatGuy (Meowstic) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

It sets up my screens and then I can switch into a setup sweeper, get one one or two boosts, and then I usually get about 3 knockouts from there. Normally this would be called a suicide lead, but after the first screen it has decent bulk and I can usually save it for later in the game. However, I am still undecided if Espeon is better at its job or not.

Also, this is my first post so hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)