Empoleon @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Weak Armor
- Stamina
- Competitive
- Power Trip
I dare you to hit me with a physical attack. Only three weaknesses: Electric, Fighting, and Ground. ⅔ chance if they hit this super-effectively, it will be a Physical attack. And then there's the other boosts.
Defiant Weak Armor is giving me flashbacks to Shared Power :psynervous:

Pixilate does nothing for this set. Pixilate and its clones only boost the power of Normal-type moves that change type. With that in mind, Specs Gardevoir is a better abuser of this strat. At the cost of a bit of speed and special bulk, it gains more power, and its choice of two decent abilities. Trace can copy stuff like Beast Boost and Regenerator, while Sychronize punishes the opponent for trying to poison or paralyze Gardevoir.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Pixilate does nothing for this set. Pixilate and its clones only boost the power of Normal-type moves that change type. With that in mind, Specs Gardevoir is a better abuser of this strat. At the cost of a bit of speed and special bulk, it gains more power, and its choice of two decent abilities. Trace can copy stuff like Beast Boost and Regenerator, while Sychronize punishes the opponent for trying to poison or paralyze Gardevoir.
Figured cause everyone was posting about Triage I’d post my thoughts:

Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Triage
- Technician

I believe this would be the best Gard set, if you would even run it. Life Orb’s recoil is mostly negated by the HP you get back from Kiss so no problem there, and the extra damage is totally worth it. Triage’s biggest problem is Pyschic Terrian / Dazzling, so at least Psyshock can get the buff from the terrian and hit special walls as well.

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Triage
- Tough Claws
- Mold Breaker

Here’s the best Triage user after my testing. CB Drain Punch does so much after the bonuses, and Mold Breaker lets you hit Dazzling.

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Triage
- Tough Claws

Grassy Surge lets you switch in on Psy Terrian and negate that, while Super Power is just for nailing Steel types like Ferro.

Buzzwole @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Drain Punch
- Triage
- Tough Claws

Again a dual STAB that looks good on paper but has no answers to anti-priority, and even if it did it would lose out on any damage buffing abilities that would make these attacks as threatening as they are.

Overall, Triage has some good users and can function as a way to revenge kill or stop sweepers, but anti-priority is still easy enough to build for to keep these users and more in check. Also, if anyone was curious for an update: The submission process is going great, and I only need a little more for approval. Thanks for all the support and creativity here everyone!

I see now. For some reason I thought it was different... probably because I always paired it with the Pixie Plate lol.
Anyway, I'm thinking of fitting Fairy Aura in somehow. Maybe instead of Tough Claws... 150 base power. That's nice.

Abilimoves. Is this better?

Comfey @ Big Root / Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draining Kiss
- Normalize
- Pixilate
- Technician

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body -> Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Serene Grace
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide
Flinchfest, Defensefest, Manifest, (she has it) all just with Serene Grace.

Mew @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Transform
- Dazzling
- Prankster
- Inner Focus
I'm sure there are many variations that can be used here, but this is the one I am giving now.

Togedemaru @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rough Skin
- Aftermath
- Levitate / Spiky Shield
- Zing Zap / U-Turn
This will hurt. A LOT. Based on HP-reducing Abilities that punish contact moves, as well as holding a Rocky Helmet. Pawn Sacrifice.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- normalize
- Long Reach
- Compound Eyes
- High Jump Kick
Utilizing Scrappy

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Desolate Land
- Dark Aura
- Solar Beam
Utilizing Solar Power

Zoroark @ Assault Vest
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP / 120 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- serenegrace
- Crunch
- Night Daze
- Dark Aura
Utilizing Dark Aura

Last edited:
Abilimoves. Is this better?

Comfey @ Big Root / Life Orb / Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Normalize
- Pixilate
- Technician
I dont like it. You are using 2 abilities to boost a single move a 20% (EDIT 44%). I propose a few alternatives

Comfey @ Terrain Extender
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Giga Drain
- Graissy Surge
- Mold Breaker

Comfey @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Mold Breaker
- Technician

This might be a bit too conventional for this thread, but whatever

Unusable (XU)

Premise

Unusable is a metagame for all combat-ready pokemon, items, moves and forms throughout the generations that are not available in the current generation. Originally intended to work around the upcoming SwSh purge, Unusable opens its doors to pokemon trapped in certain games (Cosplay Pikachu, Partner Pokemon, Shadow Pokemon), Pokemon that had game data but were left unattainable (Eternal Floette, Totem Pokemon, Pokestars Studios opponents), and Pokemon who were never meant to exist in the first place (Missingno.) In addition, XU allows for items that are no longer available in the mainline or were never released int the first place, and pokemon with moves or abilities that appear in the game data but are not available.

Unusable will follow OU clauses and banlists, but due to the fact that many of the newly available pokemon are NFE, these pokemon (including Missingno. as well as Pikachu, Pichu, Eevee and Floette) will be able to use the same items their original forms could, such as eviolite or light ball

Banlist
The following pokemon are banned due to excessive cheese
  • Ghost
  • Shadow Tyranitar
  • Shadow Dragonite
  • Shadow Salamance
  • Shadow Lugia
  • Majin
  • Totem Araquanid
  • Totem Marrowhak
  • Totem Kommo-o
  • Totem Mimikyu
  • Totem Ribombee
  • Totem Vikavolt
Threatlist
  • Melmetal – With massive physical bulk and sizable damage output via iron fist and a punch-heavy movelist, Melmetal could easily end up a force to be reckoned with. However, due to its poor special bulk and tragic speed, Melmetal will need a trick room setter to sweep
  • Eternal Flower Floette – while initially not all that impressive, Floette's already sizable bulk combined with eviolite and good defensive typing is nothing to sneeze at. Adding to that a respectable speed and special attack, Floette could easily see use as a respectable calm mind sweeper
  • Partner Eevee – Already an effective if flimsy cleric in LGPE OU, the ability to use eviolite would greatly increase Eevee's bulk, making it a viable alternative to Chansey or Cressalia
  • Partner Pikachu – While Pikachu is outshined by Eevee in the LGPE OU metagame, the ability to use Light Ball combined with its prodigious speed leaves Pikachu with the potential to outshine its old rival
  • Totem Salazzel – Already a devestating special attacker, the unconditional boost to Salazzel's special defense leaves the most noxious glass canon in USUM with some respectable newfound bulk
Questions
  • Do you have an opinion on the inclusion of any specific pokemon in the metagame?
  • Given that shadow pokemon are locked at the level they are found, should they be permitted to be used at level 100
  • Do you have thoughts on the ban and threat lists?

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
This might be a bit too conventional for this thread, but whatever

Unusable (XU)

Premise

Unusable is a metagame for all combat-ready pokemon, items, moves and forms throughout the generations that are not available in the current generation. Originally intended to work around the upcoming SwSh purge, Unusable opens its doors to pokemon trapped in certain games (Cosplay Pikachu, Partner Pokemon, Shadow Pokemon), Pokemon that had game data but were left unattainable (Eternal Floette, Totem Pokemon, Pokestars Studios opponents), and Pokemon who were never meant to exist in the first place (Missingno.) In addition, XU allows for items that are no longer available in the mainline or were never released int the first place, and pokemon with moves or abilities that appear in the game data but are not available.

Unusable will follow OU clauses and banlists, but due to the fact that many of the newly available pokemon are NFE, these pokemon (including Missingno. as well as Pikachu, Pichu, Eevee and Floette) will be able to use the same items their original forms could, such as eviolite or light ball

Banlist
The following pokemon are banned due to excessive cheese
  • Ghost
  • Shadow Tyranitar
  • Shadow Dragonite
  • Shadow Salamance
  • Shadow Lugia
  • Majin
  • Totem Araquanid
  • Totem Marrowhak
  • Totem Kommo-o
  • Totem Mimikyu
  • Totem Ribombee
  • Totem Vikavolt
Threatlist
  • Melmetal – With massive physical bulk and sizable damage output via iron fist and a punch-heavy movelist, Melmetal could easily end up a force to be reckoned with. However, due to its poor special bulk and tragic speed, Melmetal will need a trick room setter to sweep
  • Eternal Flower Floette – while initially not all that impressive, Floette's already sizable bulk combined with eviolite and good defensive typing is nothing to sneeze at. Adding to that a respectable speed and special attack, Floette could easily see use as a respectable calm mind sweeper
  • Partner Eevee – Already an effective if flimsy cleric in LGPE OU, the ability to use eviolite would greatly increase Eevee's bulk, making it a viable alternative to Chansey or Cressalia
  • Partner Pikachu – While Pikachu is outshined by Eevee in the LGPE OU metagame, the ability to use Light Ball combined with its prodigious speed leaves Pikachu with the potential to outshine its old rival
  • Totem Salazzel – Already a devestating special attacker, the unconditional boost to Salazzel's special defense leaves the most noxious glass canon in USUM with some respectable newfound bulk
Questions
  • Do you have an opinion on the inclusion of any specific pokemon in the metagame?
  • Given that shadow pokemon are locked at the level they are found, should they be permitted to be used at level 100
  • Do you have thoughts on the ban and threat lists?
Unfortunately I believe this would classify as a pet mod. Regardless, it's kind of interesting to contemplate. A few loose ends to tie up, though:

So this includes all the Pokéstar Studios 'mons (except Pokéstar Spirit as you mentioned); that's cool at first until you realize they have no legitimate learnpool and would need to be in a BH context to have any purpose because of that. Not sure where you're finding the shadow 'mons—I don't believe they're coded in Showdown. The totem 'mons... why are they banned? They're already playable and have nothing fancier than a larger size sprite and heavier weight. They certainly don't have any of the boosts that the in-game bosses are scripted to receive. Finally, the partner Eevee (and Pikachu for that matter) cannot evolve, so Eviolite would not function.

Ultimately, this would have maybe 3 viable contributors to the metagame (melmetal, partner 'chu, floette..?), so I don't see it going anywhere any time soon. If gen 8 warrants the need for a full 'dex meta (which is all but guaranteed), it certainly won't include these heretofore unreleased 'mons sadly.

For Abilimoves, how bad are these?

Greninja-Ash (M) @ King's Rock
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Technician
- Skill Link
- Serene Grace

Swinub @ Shell Bell
Ability: Oblivious
Level: 1
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Snow Warning
- Refrigerate
- Sturdy

Unfortunately I believe this would classify as a pet mod. Regardless, it's kind of interesting to contemplate. A few loose ends to tie up, though:

So this includes all the Pokéstar Studios 'mons (except Pokéstar Spirit as you mentioned); that's cool at first until you realize they have no legitimate learnpool and would need to be in a BH context to have any purpose because of that. Not sure where you're finding the shadow 'mons—I don't believe they're coded in Showdown. The totem 'mons... why are they banned? They're already playable and have nothing fancier than a larger size sprite and heavier weight. They certainly don't have any of the boosts that the in-game bosses are scripted to receive. Finally, the partner Eevee (and Pikachu for that matter) cannot evolve, so Eviolite would not function.

Ultimately, this would have maybe 3 viable contributors to the metagame (melmetal, partner 'chu, floette..?), so I don't see it going anywhere any time soon. If gen 8 warrants the need for a full 'dex meta (which is all but guaranteed), it certainly won't include these heretofore unreleased 'mons sadly.
Fair enough. In retrospect, it was mostly stuff I tacked on for the sake of justifying creating the tier now while I'm disasatisfed enough to post it instead of waiting a few months for gen 8.

For Abilimoves, how bad are these viable?

Greninja-Ash (M) @ King's Rock
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Technician
- Skill Link
- Serene Grace

Swinub @ Shell Bell
Ability: Oblivious
Level: 1
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Snow Warning
- Refrigerate
- Sturdy

Fair enough. In retrospect, it was mostly stuff I tacked on for the sake of justifying creating the tier now while I'm disasatisfed enough to post it instead of waiting a few months for gen 8.
You aren't the first person to come up with Skill Link Technician Ash Gren, but I don't think it's all THAT good. Before transforming, Technician Water Shuriken isn't THAT much stronger than Hydro Pump, and after transforming, Water Shuriken gets locked at three hits, making it actually weaker than Hydro Pump. Your set also passes up on Dark Pulse, an amazing compliment to Water STAB, for some gimmicky flinches. I guess something like this could be useful, though probably still outclassed by Adaptability.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Technician

As for the FEAR set, FEAR honestly sounds horrifying in this meta. The only counters are multihit moves, weather, and priority control, the latter two only working against some FEAR variants.

dumb question, but why isn't there a meta that combines all the "Replace your move/ability/item with another move/ability/item" gimmicks

It seems a little inefficient to have all these different metas when you could just say "you have six slots. Put whatever in there: moves, abilities, items, you name it"

dumb question, but why isn't there a meta that combines all the "Replace your move/ability/item with another move/ability/item" gimmicks

It seems a little inefficient to have all these different metas when you could just say "you have six slots. Put whatever in there: moves, abilities, items, you name it"
OM Mashups are a thing, though they mostly happen in special tours, as far as I'm aware. You can find more information here.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

I think it would be hard to balance as the potential of exploits and annoying gimmicks is through the roof

Empoleon @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Weak Armor
- Stamina
- Competitive
- Power Trip
I dare you to hit me with a physical attack. Only three weaknesses: Electric, Fighting, and Ground. ⅔ chance if they hit this super-effectively, it will be a Physical attack. And then there's the other boosts.
A good idea, but Empoleon's Attack and Speed are rather lacking, and it doesn't even get STAB on Power Trip. I think we can do one better.

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Weak Armor
- Competitive
- Psychic Surge / Calm Mind / Stamina

Stamina isn't really necessary, as it just cancels out the Defense drop from Weak Armor and thus doesn't actually affect Stored Power's power. In any case, while Necrozma's defensive typing isn't quite as good as Empoleon's it has Prism Armor to weaken super effective attacks and thus better abuse Weakness Policy. Because the Attack boosts from Defiant aren't helping boost Stored Power as much as the Special Attack boosts from Competitive, it can be swapped out for Psychic Surge for priority control and a power boost, or Calm Mind to manually boost, as well as pressure the opponent to hit with a physical attack to get around the Special Defense boosts. Despite what I said about Stamina not really being necessary, it's still nice to keep from getting too physically frail, and to prevent Skill Link multihits from demolishing Necrozma.

A few calcs against Chansey, both regular and Unaware:

Defiant:
+4 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (220 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 672-792 (95.5 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+4 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (220 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Unaware Chansey: 225-265 (32 - 37.6%) -- 92.5% chance to 3HKO

Psychic Surge:
+4 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 825-972 (117.3 - 138.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Unaware Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 276-325 (39.2 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Calm Mind:
+5 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (220 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 783-922 (111.3 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+5 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (220 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Unaware Chansey: 225-265 (32 - 37.6%) -- 92.5% chance to 3HKO

Stamina:
+4 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 550-648 (78.2 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Unaware Chansey: 184-217 (26.1 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Snorlax @ Custap Berry / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Adamant Nature
- cheekpouch
- Harvest
- Belly Drum / Skull Bash / Curse / Recycle
- Pursuit / Belch / Last Resort / Body Slam / Natural Gift
Yeah, so Pursuit is only 40 base power. But after a Belly Drum, their Custap Berry places them first in their priority bracket for the next turn, and it's all sweeps from there! Until they have a Ghost type... So Pursuit on the off chance that they might attempt to switch out, because it hits before they do if they choose to. Best used in intense sunlight, Gluttony + Cheek Pouch + Harvest = early berry consumption + [bonus] HP restoration + chance/guarantee to replenish berry's supply = potentially endless HP/ top priority powerhouse!
I like the idea of Gluttony + Harvest + Custap, but I think you took a wrong turn with Cheek Pouch.

Snorlax @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Return / Last Resort
- Belly Drum
- Harvest
- Desolate Land

As long as you stay at half HP or below, you get infinite pseudo-priority that isn't blocked by Dazzling and Psychic Terrain. Just beware of Knock Off and Grassy Surge.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
(writing in all lowercase cause im on vacation and too tired to use good grammar)
i usually avoid the metagame workshop but this is too much to simply pass up

Snorlax @ Custap Berry / Sitrus Berry
using sitrus berry when aguav berry exists

Yeah, so Pursuit is only 40 base power. But after a Belly Drum, their Custap Berry places them first in their priority bracket for the next turn, and it's all sweeps from there!
+6 252+ Atk Snorlax Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 68 Def Landorus-Therian: 172-203 (53.9 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Snorlax Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 135-159 (52.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Snorlax Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 156-184 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Snorlax Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 194-229 (74.3 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Snorlax Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 170-201 (43.4 - 51.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO
yeah this aint sweeping anything anytime soon

Skull Bash
worse curse because of being forced in and no attack boost

non-stab attack with subpar offensive typing off of 65 unboosted special attack does 0 to anything

Natural Gift
non-stab attack that has an immunity isn't going to be very effective

Blissey @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Natural Cure / Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
Base 10 at level 100 with 31 IVs, 252+ EVs: 130.
Base 55 at level 100 with 31 IVs, 252+ EVs: 229.
yeah you are doing 0 damage with 130 attack and 229 special attack lmao

- effectspore
- flamebody / Regenerator / Aftermath
- cursedbody / cutecharm
- Dynamic Punch / Body Slam / Dream Eater / Tri Attack (these last two would need 252 SpA)
having no reliable recovery and regenerator as a secondary option is generally not a good idea

but it can punish enemies for exploiting its weaker defense!
this would be more effective by having a physically bulky mon and just switching into a contact move so that blissey doesn't just get OHKO'd

Blissey @ Zoom Lens
- Dynamic Punch
i have no idea what this is supposed to do, 60% to hit and confuse, which has a 25% of happening, so you have a 15% of accomplishing (most likely) less than if you just clicked seismic toss

- Air Slash
99.9999% of the time youre going to click hurricane so whats the point of having this, add roost or uturn here so at least you have longevity or pivoting options

No Guard + No Weaknesses = No chance to lose!
negating weaknesses is only really useful on walls since they are supposed to take hard hits, pidgeot probably takes a whole lot from tapu koko's thunderbolt anyway so there's not much point to reduce that damage and instead give it an offensive ability like tinted lens to hit rock and electric switchins better

Mew @ Leppa Berry
unless youre in a stall battle leppa berry is not useful, just use scarf or lefties or something

- Prankster
this makes it get blocked (and maybe pursuit trapped) by Dark types so id use like regenerator instead

- Inner Focus
extremely situational (what fake out are you fearing?), use like infiltrator instead to bypass sub or unaware to stomach boosted attacks

Togedemaru @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- Rough Skin
- Aftermath
so basically 1000% more situational innards out? sounds bad, you can easily replace this with a wall or revenge killer that does the job better

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
Jolly Nature
- normalize
- Long Reach
- Compound Eyes
- High Jump Kick
Utilizing Scrappy
- so you took away all of its se effects just for a 20% boost? just put tinted lens on it
- outclassed by magic guard
- it's a 90% accurate move, outclassed by Adaptability

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Desolate Land
- Dark Aura
- Solar Beam
you missed the best part of sun completely lmao

Zoroark @ Assault Vest
Ability: Illusion
- zoroark is pretty bad overall cause of its low offensive stats
- its one redeeming move, nasty plot, is ruined by ass vest
- its one redeeming ability, illusion, is ruined by dark aura announcing itself

EVs: 4 HP / 120 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
no idea what these evs do, also serious over hasty :thonk:

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Weak Armor
- Competitive
- Psychic Surge / Calm Mind / Stamina
i would honestly say that regular reuniclus does this strategy better because of its longevity and immunity to poison

honestly this metagame sounds p boring cause almost all offensive mons spam adaptability and tinted lens with one to two attacks while defensive mons spam regen/ph and/or unaware/prankster haze and/or immunities and it also sounds like itll be very hard to balance. maybe if you had something like a 1 ability clause it would sounds better.

i would honestly say that regular reuniclus does this strategy better because of its longevity and immunity to poison
Reuniclus can't pull of this strategy at all. It's super slow, so it needs more speed boosts to start outspeeding everything, and it can't learn Stored Power. That said, it can use Stamina over Acid Armor on its classic Dual Dance set.

Reuniclus @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Stamina

Something like this.

honestly this metagame sounds p boring cause almost all offensive mons spam adaptability and tinted lens with one to two attacks while defensive mons spam regen/ph and/or unaware/prankster haze and/or immunities and it also sounds like itll be very hard to balance. maybe if you had something like a 1 ability clause it would sounds better
Such a clause already exists, my friend. Tinted Lens also might be getting banned.

- Abilimove Clause: Abilities as moves can only be used once on a team (including clones). This means that Sheer Force as a move can only be used on one mon, and only once on that mon. However, if you were to have a Sheer Force Nidoking as its regular ability, then that would not affect this clause.
- On the suspect: Blacephalon, Kartana, Abilmoves: Tinted Lens, Speed doubling abilities (Chlorophyl, Swift Swim, Slush Rush, Sand Rush, Surge Surfer, and Unburden), Aura Veil.

Anyways, here's a mon that can abuse the Weak Armor combo without Stored Trip.

Crustle @ White Herb / Focus Sash / Rockium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor / Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defiant

Set up a Shell Smash on a physical attacker, and now you're a +4/+4 crab, hitting a respectable 567 Speed and a whopping 1017 Attack. I'm not actually sure how White Herb interacts with the ability combo, so Focus Sash and Rockium Z might be better choices.

EDIT:

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- deltastream
- Air Slash
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
No Guard + No Weaknesses = No chance to lose!
Like Anaconja said, Delta Stream is probably better suited for defensive Flying-types.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Delta Stream

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Delta Stream

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Delta Stream

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, Anaconja! I really appreciate your attention to detail despite being on vacation!
I understand most of them, but I am going to rebut a few.
99.9999% of the time you'll use Hurricane, so whats the point of having Air Slash? Add Roost or U-Turn here so at least you have longevity or pivoting options.
The point was to fill in empty slots with Special Attacks that might not always hit, taking advantage of No Guard and high speed.

Like Anaconja said, Delta Stream is probably better suited for defensive Flying-types.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Delta Stream

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Delta Stream

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Delta Stream
So my point was mostly to remove all weaknesses while maintaining a number of defenses. Normal/Flying neutralizes Fighting, and adds a bonus immunity, therefore DS will remove all weaknesses.

I just got an interesting idea...

- so you took away all of its se effects just for a 20% boost? just put tinted lens on it
- outclassed by magic guard
- it's a 90% accurate move, outclassed by Adaptability
Makes sense. I was mostly going for using Normalize somehow. But yeah, outclassed by a lot. I would have gone for "Brutalize," (Normal becomes Fighting type) but that's not a real Ability. Also:
honestly this metagame sounds p boring cause almost all offensive mons spam adaptability and tinted lens with one to two attacks
you missed the best part of sun completely
I wasn't going for Fire power, but for making use of high SpA, Dark power, and the negative Solar Power. I feel like Fire typing is actually Houndoom's Defensive typing, since it resists Fairy and Fire, as Fairy would be super-effective against Dark, and Fire would be especially effective in sunlight. So no, I didn't miss it; I DISmissed it.

- Zoroark's one redeeming Ability, Illusion, is ruined by Dark Aura announcing itself
Didn't realize that... Duly noted.

I wasn't going for Fire power, but for making use of high SpA, Dark power, and the negative Solar Power. I feel like Fire typing is actually Houndoom's Defensive typing, since it resists Fairy and Fire, as Fairy would be super-effective against Dark, and Fire would be especially effective in sunlight. So no, I didn't miss it; I DISmissed it.
I agree with Anaconja that Mega Houndoom should carry a Fire move, as both Flamethrower and Fire Blast are naturally stronger than Dark Pulse, and receive a bigger power boost from the sun than Dark Pulse does from the Dark Aura. That said, Dark Pulse does have its merits, as it's much safer, due to its higher accuracy (if using Fire Blast) and because it can't be snuffed out by Primordial Sea. I think a set with both would be best, with Flamethrower or Fire Blast over Solar Beam. In a meta where most Waters will be running Primordial Sea, you can only use Solar Beam if you switch in, and if THEY switch in, you're left charging and unable to retreat. Dark Aura can also be replaced with either Adaptability or Sheer Force for a similar power boost to Dark Pulse while also boosting the Fire STAB, or if those abilities are already in use elsewhere on the team, Mega Launcher can be used to give an even greater power boost to Dark Pulse.

Anyway, if speed-doubling abilities get the boot as abilimoves, we'll at least still have the mons with native speed-boosting abilities. Sure, you could use OU powerhouses like Excadrill and Mega Swampert, but what if you wanted to go really fast?

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Nasty Plot / Sheer Force
- Electric Surge

Surf, Grass Knot, or Focus Blast might also work, but I'm not sure where to fit them.

Floatzel @ Choice Band / Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bulk Up / Tough Claws
- Adaptability
- Primordial Sea / Drizzle

Surprisingly, Floatzel is actually stronger than Mega Swampert thanks to being able to hold a power-boosting item, though this power comes at a significant drop in bulk. I'm not a huge fan of using Sheer Force here, as it removes Waterfall's flinch chance, which can turn the tides of a battle, pun not intended.

252+ Atk Choice Band Floatzel Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Rain: 279-328 (81.8 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Floatzel Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Rain: 372-438 (109 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Rain: 240-283 (70.3 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run / Stomping Tantrum
- Swords Dance
- Sand Stream

Probably the worst of this bunch, as Excadrill is stronger even with Jolly, bulkier, and has a better typing defensively and arguably offensively as well. Lycanroc's only possible niche comes in its signature Z-move, which is stronger than Excadrill's Tectonic Rage, to say nothing about Corkscrew Crash.

252+ Atk Lycanroc Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 165-195 (48.3 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 169-199 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Lycanroc Splintered Stormshards vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 313-369 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Excadrill Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 303-357 (88.8 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Excadrill Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 270-318 (79.1 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sceptile @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick / Drain Punch
- Grassy Surge

The only Unburden mon to be matched with a power-boosting Terrain. +2 Low Kick cleanly OHKOs Heatran and almost always 2HKOs Celesteela, while +2 Drain Punch almost OHKOs Kartana. Both 2HKO Ferrothorn, though Low Kick needs much less chip to turn that into an OHKO. Don't worry about Blacephalon. It's usually OHKOed by +2 Leaf Blade.

+2 252+ Atk Sceptile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 408-482 (105.6 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Sceptile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Celesteela: 204-240 (51.3 - 60.4%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Sceptile Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 280-330 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252+ Atk Sceptile Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 214-252 (82.3 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252+ Atk Sceptile Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 210-248 (59.6 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252+ Atk Sceptile Leaf Blade vs. 232 HP / 4 Def Blacephalon in Grassy Terrain: 298-351 (97.7 - 115%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Sceptile works a bit differently than the others here, due to the mechanics of Unburden. While it only gets a single chance to sweep, it can't be robbed of its speed by the field condition changing or running out, though it will lose power on its Leaf Blade.

The best native Chlorophyll user is probably Victreebel, as it has access to Weather Ball. I touched on it in this post. Upon reflection, Energy Ball or Giga Drain would probably be better than Solar Beam for the reasons I described when discussing Mega Houndoom.

Okay, so I'm not sure exactly how this would work... but it would be AWESOME if it works the way I want it to!

Hawlucha @ Wide Lens / Zap Plate / Normalium Z / Flyinium Z / Darkinium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Flying Press
- Normalize
- Aerilate / Galvanize / Pixilate / Refrigerate
- High Jump Kick / Mud Sport / Me First / Tailwind / Hone Claws
Primarily Aerilate for two reasons:
1. STAB
2. Doubly Super-Effective*
I had few options, but I noticed that Pixilate would grant x4 effectiveness against Fighting, and so I hypothesize that combining Flying's effectiveness (as Flying Press doesn't actually add a Type to the move's type, but only Flying's effectiveness) this can achieve x4 damage against Bug, Grass, and Fighting! That is... if it is programmed correctly. Anyway, all but Galvanize will be able to hit everything without running into an immune mon.
*Unfortunately for Aerilate, it also means x.25 effectiveness against Electric, Rock, and Steel.
You could also scarf it, but I prefer options. Anyway, Flying Press now gets 144 base power and High Jump Kick gets ~201 base power and STAB.
This is so much fun.

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hex
- Body Slam
- Normalize
Indeed there are better Mega options out there, but consider this one for a moment. Step 1: Body Slam/Freeze-Dry until status inflicted. 2. Hex. 3. Freeze-Dry if against Water. Always STAB if mega-evolved.

Chandelure @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Effect Spore
- Hex
- Dream Eater
- Spite / Bad Dreams
Psychium Z in case you run into a Normal Type you can't otherwise hit. Chances are they won't be an Alolan Raticate (the only thing immune to both).

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Flower Veil
- Grass Pelt
- Horn Leech
- Nature Power / Leech Seed
Bulky Physical wall. Those stats will climb, so Flower Veil is useful, especially since it is a Grass type. Forgot about Grass Pelt, didn't y'all?

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Sand Stream
- Sand Rush
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
This is a real monster. Automatic better-than-Dragon Dance effects from Sand Stream + Sand Force + Sand Rush, and the Sand Stream + Sand Veil on switch-in makes for a safer switch-in option as it has a chance to dodge. Decent coverage, too!

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Dancer
- Encore
- Agility
- High Jump Kick
Because she's high-kicking. Also, I noticed a trend of Swords Dance, and wanted to offer a solution to it.

Regigigas @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Slow Start
Jolly Nature
- Crush Grip
- Drain Punch
- Mummy
- Scrappy / Triage / Regenerator / Unaware / Color Change / any -ate Ability
Upon contact with this Pokémon, this Pokémon's bogus Ability will be lost, no matter the opponent (if Scrappy)!

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm not sure exactly how this would work... but it would be AWESOME if it works the way I want it to!

Jolly Nature
- Flying Press
- Normalize
1. STAB
I had few options, but I noticed that Pixilate would grant x4 effectiveness against Fighting, and so I hypothesize that combining Flying's effectiveness (as Flying Press doesn't actually add a Type to the move's type, but only Flying's effectiveness) this can achieve x4 damage against Bug, Grass, and Fighting! That is... if it is programmed correctly. Anyway, all but Galvanize will be able to hit everything without running into an immune mon.
*Unfortunately for Aerilate, it also means x.25 effectiveness against Electric, Rock, and Steel.
You could also scarf it, but I prefer options. Anyway, Flying Press now gets 144 base power and High Jump Kick gets ~201 base power and STAB.
This is so much fun.

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hex
- Body Slam
- Normalize
Indeed there are better Mega options out there, but consider this one for a moment. Step 1: Body Slam/Freeze-Dry until status inflicted. 2. Hex. 3. Freeze-Dry if against Water. Always STAB if mega-evolved.
Instead of using Normalize, you can use something like Adaptability, Tough Claws or Sheer Force to gain power without missing coverage. Hustle + No Guard also works if you have low accuracy Physical Attacks like High Jump Kick, stone Edge or Dynamich Punch.

Here i drop a wall breaker dedicated to break stall teams

Hoopa-Unbound @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Guts
- Toxic Boost
- Dark Aura/ Quick Feet/ Defiant

With double boost from Toxic Orb and Dark Aura, you can 2hko Clefable and OHKO everything else besides intimidate stuff. You can use Defiant to nail Intimidate users but you will have less power overall and your matchup against Clefable will be tougher. If HU gets an intimidate drop, switch it out because you need every Hyperspace Fury to hit with all its fury before it rans out!

Quick Feet is better ability in general, but against stall you will need every bit of power you can get.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soak
- Perish Song
- Whirpool
- Mold Breaker

Stall breaker Azumarril. Mold Breaker and Soak helps you trapping Sableye Mega

Jolly Nature
- Flying Press
- Normalize
1. STAB
This is so much fun.
I just tested it. Normalize + Aerilate + Flying Press does indeed make the move Flying/Flying, making it double super effective on stuff!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7abilimoves-10983

I'm not sure High Jump Kick is particularly useful on this set, though. Swords Dance is probably the best move for that last slot, and it can make use of Mold Breaker to break through Unaware mons.

Anti-pokemon (UO)

Premise:
In UO, a pokemon can be designated as an anti-pokemon by making it shiny. When a pokemon and an anti-pokemon attack each other, they behave as if they're engaged in an inverse battle. However, a pokemon fighting a pokemon or an anti-pokemon fighting an anti-pokemon follow standard rules of combat. Otherwise, UO follows OU's ruleset

Threats: Because UO makes offensive and defensive typing less consequential, walls that rely on resistances or sweepers that rely on unresisted coverage lose effectiveness, while pokemon with horrible defensive typing or weak move pools are given a chance to shine.

In particular, Grass, Bug, Poison and Normal pokemon see greatly improved viability, while many such as Steel, Dragon, Electric and Fairy types have everything to lose.

Special mention goes to Garchomp, who due to its shiny color being nearly identical to its regular color becomes the biggest gamble since Bisharp

Questions: What specific pokemon do you see being changed by this metagame? Are there any pokemon you believe merit a ban?

You may find the thread you want to post to here https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/ruins-of-alph.31/. This is a metagame Workshop, not a team workshop.

Friendship Cup
Metagame premise: Every Pokemon can learn any attack with a fixed base power equal to the friendship value of that pokemon. Friendship values must be all diferent.

Hapiness may be revealed to make every pokemon a bit more predictable. Moves with a variable power cannot be used by pokemon that dont have it (Gyro Ball, Seismic Toss, Electro Ball, etc).

Banlist: OU banlist and clauses
Posible bans: Kartana, Mega Aerodactyl, Kyurem-B, Serperior.

A few examples

180 is striclty for V create

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Defog

Jolly Kartana recovers the speed drop after getting a KO with V create, making it a consistant scarf. Blacephalon achieve a similar feat but it may have less coverage.

Malamar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

You can get Eruption, Water Spout, Mind Blown and Head Smash in this level of friendship.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Mind Blown/ Fire Blast
- Aqua Tail

Mega Aerodactyl was banned from Stabmons because it could wreck havoc with head Smash and Dragon Ascent. Mind Blown destroys Ferro but it cripples Aerodactyl too much.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Mind Blown
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam/ Water Spout

Magic Guard blocks Mind Blown Hp loss giving Zam a nuclear coverage move. Water Spout destroys Heatran at full Hp.

140 bp moves like Boomburst, Psycho Boost and Light of ruin can be found here. Send your Ate user here pls

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Psyshock/ Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psycho Boost

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 50 Def / 216 SpA
Modest Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast/ Psycho Boost
- Soft-Boiled

Psycho Boost for Toxapex specifically. Light of Ruin doesnt have recoil. More speed and special attack can be given to make Cleff a wallbreaker, but more defense may work too.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Light of Ruin
- Trick

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Earthquake
- Psycho Boost
- Light of Ruin

Special Glalie

This is Serperior's playground

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Ground]

With no more HP fire needed, Heatran scrambles. Lurantis can pull off a mixed set, but it is way gimmick.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Fleur Cannon
- Burn Up
- Hidden Power [Ice]/ u-turn/ High Jump Kick

Bolt Strike hits like a truck even with low investment. More Attack investment can be given if Hidden power Ice is not used

Ton of Strong moves here, but not a ton of coverage on some key types like Dark and also there are some drawbacks like low accuracy, recoil or stat drops.

Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Techno Blast
- Zap Cannon

Normal Stab for Pidgeot, as well as Paralysis support. It can use Precipice Blades to surprise Electric types but it might be fine with Techno Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- Flare Blitz
- Stealth Rock

This is like Flynium-Z Lando but with a better Flying move, Life Orb instead of the Z-Crystal and Flare Blitz instead of swords Dance.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless/ Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Volt Tackle
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out

Use regenerator if you want to last a few more turns.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]/ Flare Blitz

Outclassed by Serperior and it also takes a Mega Slot, but this mon can break holes on the opposing team pretty quickly

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Force
- Precipice Blades
- Close Combat

This could work as a surprise Physical set for Chansey if happiness werent revealed

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Close Combat
- Precipice Blades
- Flare Blitz

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Now Mega Aerodactyl has Dragon Ascent, but it lacks Head Smash. It appreciates having Close Combat and Flare Blitz though.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Hurricane
- Clanging Scales
- Fire Blast

110 Friendship is mostly reserved for Rain teams, being Fire Blast (and Blizzard to some extent) the only move there that doesnt fit the theme. It helps dealing with Ferrothorn tohugh. The problem with Rain is that you can only choose 1 pokemon with 110 Happiness, so the rest of the teams must have a different Happiness.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Water Shuriken/ Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

This mon works better outside Rain. Ice beam for Dragons (specifically Kommo-o). Thunder can surprise rain teams.

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Moves with 100 bp form a gigantic world. At this level Kyrem-B can get an ice stab as well as strong coverage, possibly banworhty.

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Inferno
- Dynamic Punch
- Judgment

As i said, there is a ton of things that can be done with 100 bp moves. Another Normal Stab for Pidgeot, and this set is pretty annoying with 100% burn and confusion moves and they fit perfectly as Pidgeot Coverage moves. Banning Kyu-B can help many other pokemon to be viable on the 100 level since Kyu-B is just superior to them. This set has some Niches over what Kyu-B can do, though.

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Flying Press
- Swords Dance

Another astounding Kartana set. I choose Flying press because it works perfectly as a coverage move, checking defensive grass, Chansey, Ferrothorn and Buzzwole at the exact time. Earthquake handles a big majority of the Steel types and Celesteela is destroyed by a +2 All Out Pumelling.

I may add 90, 80, 75, 70, 60, 50, 40 and 25 bp examples in the future.

Questions:

1) Do you like the idea? What would you change?
2) Should i limit the number of Moves each pokemon can learn to, for example, 2?
3) What would you quickban? What Pokemon do you considered worth watching out?
4) Since this metagame gives pokemon Strong stab moves and coverage, defensive pokemon may have a difficult day fullfiling their purpose. Should i unban a few Uber Walls (Giratina/Lugia/Ho-Oh) to give defensive tools for each player?
5) Should i ban some moves like Spectral Thief or Boomburst? Note that only 1 pokemon would abuse each of those moves.
Looks kinda similar to Sketchmons.

Attack's tier shift
Rule: each attack of each mon get+10 power for each tier under uber they are in. So,
+10 for OU
+20 for UU
+30 for RU
+40 for NU
+50 for PU
+60 for ZU
Bans: Mega rayquaza, multi-hit moves, power-up punch
Questions:
Q: how does status moves work?
A: instead of dealing damage, it heals 5% of max hp per tier

Attack's tier shift
Rule: each attack of each mon get+10 power for each tier under uber they are in. So,
+10 for OU
+20 for UU
+30 for RU
+40 for NU
+50 for PU
+60 for ZU
Bans: Mega rayquaza, multi-hit moves, power-up punch
Questions:
Q: how does status moves work?
A: instead of dealing damage, it heals 5% of max hp per tier
While not a bad idea in theory, I have two problems with it:

Status moves healing a bit per tier seems unnecessary.

It's the same basic idea as Tier Shift, an already existing OM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)