Approved by The Immortal, original ideas by Eevee General, Swaggy-G, and others
You asked, we delivered! This is a thread for bouncing your OM ideas off the community at large before posting them in the OM Submissions subforum. Anyone is welcome to offer feedback on ideas posted here, though recommendations from the mods (The Immortal, E4 Flint, and Ransei) and other submission readers (drampa's grandpa, ScarfWynaut, G-Luke, Ludicrousity, charizard8888, Spandan, and yours truly, Uselesscrab) should be given priority. Our liking of posts can also be seen as expressing interest in a submission.
In order to make a preliminary outline of your submission idea, all you need to do is fill out this brief form (subject to change):
Potential bans and threats:
Questions for the community:
Some more information on each:
- Metagame premise. Keep this succinct. In general, the metagames with the most simple changes are the ones that succeed. If you can't describe this in a single sentence (even a long one), you should go back to the drawing board. Also, you should have a fully formed idea.
- YES: "Pokemon get access to all of their STAB moves."
- NO: "I want to do something with STAB moves."
- Potential bans and threats. This can be pretty brief and should also potentially include sample sets if you have them.
- YES (this would be part of an answer): "Dragonite will be very powerful and suspect-worthy, given that it can set up using Multiscale and then mega evolve to gain a different ability like Aerilate (insert Dragonite set)."
- NO: "I think Pokemon that can set up easily would be difficult to beat."
- Questions for the community. Be specific. Ask the most important questions.
- YES: "How should I address Pokemon that change form in the middle of a battle?"
- YES: "Does the name 'Pokemoncansketchonemoveoutsideoftheirnormalmovepool-mons' express the metagame's premise clearly enough? Is it too specific?"
- NO: "What Pokemon would be good?"
- NO: "How should I capitalize 'Stabmons'?"
Happy posting! If you have any questions, or suggestions for additions to the form, let me or a moderator know.
Last edited by a moderator: