MGX's Shabby Art

Hi!
I recently tried making large pics of pokemon / fakemon. I made the following thing in GIMP:

I know its horrible.
Can you guys please tell me how to improve this stuff? I dont have a tablet and therefore for almost everything I use the path tool.

I tried a different style, here are two of my other style works:
First, a flareon avvy.

I made it on Oekaki, a feature on PC which gives four applets to draw online and to publish them. Sort a like DA. I made this to be my avvy on Oekaki. I just thought a colourful background would fir with flareon

And something non-pokemon:

made on same program. Its basically my rendering of a mountain in a sunset. I made the background a bit vivid as plain orangewouldnt work for me. Thats a Skarmory in the clouds... :/

Please CC and help!

I dont really need advice on design. I want advice on how to improve makingstuff like this

The design was supposed to be like that, but yeah it looks weird..

I tried a different style in between, here are two of my other style works:

First, a flareon avvy.

I made it on Oekaki, a feature on PC which gives four applets to draw online and to publish them. Sort a like DA. I made this to be my avvy on Oekaki. I just thought a colourful background would fir with flareon

And something non-pokemon:

made on same program. Its basically my rendering of a mountain in a sunset. I made the background a bit vivid as plain orangewouldnt work for me. Thats a Skarmory in the clouds... :/

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you need some more pictures, also i cant really see flareon, cant you make it bigger or something

That is so not horrible. I can feel your pain about not having a tablet. :-/ Well I can't really help you without more pictures.

I actually really like the first one, which is wierd because I hate luvdisc (but that reminds me of togekiss, which I lurve, sooo...)

Wow,thnks Atyroki!
Here's my new pixel art WIP:

Still need to shade green and blue, but tell me what you think of the DBZ hair!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)