Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Yep.

It's a 3x3 tunnel. Current end point is ~-250, so we have a long way to go.

Don't worry about rails. I got that.
Well just hit me up whenever you're online, I can probably spend loads of time digging since I tend to get bored late at night lol

So I watched a bit of the game today, had a few screens I wanted to share! I wasn't there when the obsidian pool showed up though so that sucks, hope someone else got screens!

Lava wall was pretty impressive, this was forks putting on the final touches.

Team Smogcraft had a pretty smart setup. Spawning already on their bridge let them keep up the attack easily and since they made the bridge so high up it gave them height advantage which gk like swears by.

Right before they all rushed the other orb I just like how this pic looks.

Team OPLV was like shooting arrows at them to fend off an approach so I guess someone dropped lava to force them off.

It seemed to work, it caught a few of them on fire.

Smogcraft managed to get a bridge to the top of OPLV's planet and were dropping down on them but were always promptly killed each time.

kang frast (I don't even know who that is) covered it in dirt but then I had to sign off and I couldn't get onto the server after that so I dunno what happened after that :/

It was fun to watch! I think a rematch would definitely be pretty awesome if the players are up to it! I like the idea of closing off spectating though, especially if Rigby can stream! If not, we could let just a few people in, the ones who can record and such. The server def. felt pretty laggy.

So you'll be happy Rawbi, I started digging and Vee and Cactus showed up and lent a hand, so got all done with your railroad. Didn't go upward though, left that for you to do.

Couple of fun notes:

-Right over where it starts on your end at lotus, it sits over a massive abandoned mineshaft. We didn't even explore all of it, in fact we were getting scared and lost with all them damn mobs. No good treasure in the few chests we found, and though we lit the area well, still a risk so might wanna put up some glass

-You have a cave spider spawner nearby too going down it a tad; if you see some fenced blocks and a bunch of glitchy cave spiders, you've found it

-You have slimes in said abandoned mineshaft and slimes over one of the ravines

-You pass over 2 ravines I believe, kinda fun looking down

-I still have your diamond shovel if you want it back. Diamond pickaxe broke about 3/4ths of the way through though

Sweet! I have to put down the rails, so I'm sure I'll see what you're talking about.

Thank you so much for your work, guys. I will pay you back.

You can keep the shovel, Shinryu. Thanks!

Forgot to mention in our excitement at the end, the tunnel to the lotus at the end around the mineshaft isn't exactly 3x3 pretty, we all have tons of cobblestone if you wanna fill in any bits though lol.

Edit: Random question about Lotus Village too:

You're welcome to come out and colonize! Like Oho Oasis, I have a requirement for all settlers: your home must be built on a "lily pad" that is either 5 or 10 blocks in radius! They can be made of any material, and so can whatever you build, but I'd like the foundations to all be the same size. I'll handle the lily pad bridges.
So, just to make sure I understand, you can make at max a 10x10 house right? And it doesn't have to be built on a lily pad per say, but still basically up to 10x10 right?

And finally, can our houses be like 6x6 or other numbers inbetween, or is it strictly 5x5 and 10x10? And does this also include any "overhanging" elements such as porches, balconies, etc? Ditto with any part being underwater?

...yeah I ask a lot of questions, but I like to make sure my buildings are to code lol.

If anyone's interested, I found a skelly spawner at the abandoned mineshaft under lotus village if anyone would like to make a farm out of it, left a bunch of signs leading to it from the railroad and blocked off the mob movement (though in my haste I forgot to hit f3 to get coordinates lol, just follow the signs).

Nothing good in the chests anyways, best thing was saddle, just iron and wheat otherwise

So, just to make sure I understand, you can make at max a 10x10 house right? And it doesn't have to be built on a lily pad per say, but still basically up to 10x10 right?

And finally, can our houses be like 6x6 or other numbers inbetween, or is it strictly 5x5 and 10x10? And does this also include any "overhanging" elements such as porches, balconies, etc? Ditto with any part being underwater?

...yeah I ask a lot of questions, but I like to make sure my buildings are to code lol.
EDIT AGAIN:

disregard this I suck cocks

And I don't know how to build mob traps, so if someone could do that it'd be great!

EDIT:

Done really quickly so it kinda looks shitty but here's the general idea. These blocks should be attached, I just kept them a bit apart for clarity's sake. These should be made out of planks, but if you want a different floor for your house, that's okay too. Just make the outside planks.

Houses can be any size, they can overhang the water, they can go underwater, whatever. Just as long as the "lily pad" is the right size.

And I don't know how to build mob traps, so if someone could do that it'd be great!
So you do know that's not 10 blocks in any length XD

Still I get the idea, gonna have to edit my base platform it seems.

I count radius 9 on that, unless the center block counts for the radius - not supported by previous comments. Radius is what past comments indicate is important, though.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
I asked Rawbi yesterday, it's 21 blocks straight across, so I guess the middle block doesn't count towards the radius.

EDIT: While we're on the topic of Rawbi's town, I'd like to show off my house, once again in an imgur album.

Here it is. I tried to recreate one of the buildings from Pacifidlog Town in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

I asked Rawbi yesterday, it's 21 blocks straight across, so I guess the middle block doesn't count towards the radius.

EDIT: While we're on the topic of Rawbi's town, I'd like to show off my house, once again in an imgur album.

Here it is. I tried to recreate one of the buildings from Pacifidlog Town in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.
Not bad at all, I like.

Also, my house is on a non-standard lilypad size since I'd already made the basic foundations before you posted that pic (in fact, it's actually a lot smaller as well as the tiny house on it). If you'd like I can grab some planks and make it a full size lilypad, but then that'd be a lot of dead space I'm not really using atm and would have to fill, but still...your orders Rawbi?

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
why not make a pretty garden in the spare space? wooden planks on the border or w/e the base is and dirt in the middle, some wheat or flowers or something just for show

I'm pretty much ready to say fuck it, build to your heart's desire. I was initially going for an ordered array of little lily pads, but after giving it some thought, nature isn't perfect, so neither should be the town.

Don't sweat it. It's Minecraft.

Just give your house a nice floaty feel.

I'd be more than willing to make a farm out of the skelly spawner. It won't be an xp farm though since skeletons are probably the worst kind of mob to make an xp farm out of in the first place. But as an arrows and bones farm I can make a pretty simple and efficient trap just like the one in Oho Oasis (which I made as well).

I'd be more than willing to make a farm out of the skelly spawner. It won't be an xp farm though since skeletons are probably the worst kind of mob to make an xp farm out of in the first place. But as an arrows and bones farm I can make a pretty simple and efficient trap just like the one in Oho Oasis (which I made as well).
Cool, let me know if you need cobblestone, got like a chest full of it I swear lol.

Hey guys, I'm gonna start playing on the Smogcraft server tomorrow (it's too late here right now) and there are some things I wanna know before getting started, like:

- Where's the main area / the other important areas?
- Where can I build my base or a house?
- Most important: Is there any projects I can help with? I'm pretty decent at building things like Wheat farms, Enchantment rooms, Brewing rooms and stuff like that. I also read about a tunneling project you need help with, so as soon as I find some iron and have some pickaxes, I can help with that as well.

So yeah, please give me a little overview, and I'll get started tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it! :)

Hey guys, I'm gonna start playing on the Smogcraft server tomorrow (it's too late here right now) and there are some things I wanna know before getting started, like:

- Where's the main area / the other important areas?
- Where can I build my base or a house?
- Most important: Is there any projects I can help with? I'm pretty decent at building things like Wheat farms, Enchantment rooms, Brewing rooms and stuff like that. I also read about a tunneling project you need help with, so as soon as I find some iron and have some pickaxes, I can help with that as well.

So yeah, please give me a little overview, and I'll get started tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it! :)
You'll start out at spawn, which is the central hub essentially. There's a noticeboard with coordinates to all the other nice little themed communities popping up, and minecarts/tracks to take you there as well. Already a bunch of wheat and melon farms around too.

You can build a house pretty much anywhere, just make sure you're not building on someone's claimed spot or encroaching on their area is all I'd recommend. Spawn this time around is pretty loose with restrictions, but at the same time don't make anything...ugly or questionable I guess? For example, mile high bumblebee colored towers that really don't do much...

And I'm sure projects will pop up, just step on in and lend a helping hand.

wondering through the forest at night, cold and alone.
i see a light coming from over the hill infront of me.

i head towards the light, it starts snowing.
i take my first step over the hill and the sight before me is unexpected. here in the snowy wilderness lies a town.

Welcome. To Pale Pass.

Oh, btw, I'm going home tomorrow and that means another episode of the Chronicles of Smogcraft!

I'm definitely covering Oho Oasis. If you have any properties there you want me to record, please mention it.

Not sure if I'm feeling recording anywhere else. Lotus Village and Pale Pass are both still developing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)