Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Yay I saw my house for about 3 seconds out by azbot industries XD

Nice vid, I didn't even know there was a Red Gyarados out there. And that's where the airship is docked...very cool.

The admins decided that they didnt want it anymore since almost noone appreciated them. so now they pay by having to walk 3k blocks for a jungle :)

also , ask Xaq to make a map , he is the map master ;) i'm sure he will do it if you pm him
I appreciated it ):
It was a perfectly sensible system to have in place.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
hello
my name is rocket grunt
but i am grumbler on smogcraft
with the help of some of my buddies
i have just completed construction of a pvp arena
here is some info and some screenshots of it

the entrance is located at x-283 z391
it is a squat rook tower in the middle of a tiny lake
hiding between agamemnon's mushroom fortress and rawbi's sheep farm

here it is close up
the entrance is underground

remember to read the rules
the basic idea is that you come with nothing
and you use the materials provided at the arena
donations of stone swords, bows, and arrows are welcome!
but please no armor of any kind and no enchanted items
and if it's your first time at the pvp arena
you have to fight

when you drop down into the battle prep area
you can sleep in the bed to respawn at the entrance
so you don't have to run back from the server spawn to play again
in this area are chests where you can grab some weapons

if you want to chill out after a battle there's a lounge
complete with turntable and a few music discs
where you can relax and watch the action

the area is divided up into two main areas by a smaller corridor
there are things to jump onto, climb up, and hide behind
it was based on an arena from aliens vs predator 2

so that's it i guess
jump on in and have a grand old time
XxKILLxEVERYONExX

^ looks awesome, should be fun watching people duke it out.

Also can I connect the wooden path in Oho to my castle? Or was someone else like a designated walkway maker? Thought I saw something about that before...

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
^ looks awesome, should be fun watching people duke it out.

Also can I connect the wooden path in Oho to my castle? Or was someone else like a designated walkway maker? Thought I saw something about that before...
if you use the same design as the main walkways then sure, just be warned i might move it slightly if it needs to be (like if its one block over or something)

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

well well well........

also i watched the smogcraft spawn yt video and rawbi is adorable who else think it

Attn Smogcraft users!

PLANETOID PANIC

Another OO type map, this one is a bit different though. Up to eight players in a free for all, trying to get a different block type from each of the planets before everyone else! It's basically all done, but I am in need of beta testers for balance etc. Whenever we've got enough people we should try it!

Map download here, check it out!

EDIT: That one's in creative, here's survival.

Guessing that's Mushroom Island as that tiny thing way down in the far bottom right? Might have to visit it one day just for sightseeing purposes...

Attn Smogcraft users!

PLANETOID PANIC

Another OO type map, this one is a bit different though. Up to eight players in a free for all, trying to get a different block type from each of the planets before everyone else! It's basically all done, but I am in need of beta testers for balance etc. Whenever we've got enough people we should try it!

Map download here, check it out!

EDIT: That one's in creative, here's survival.
This is seriously fun. Next time we have it, could we have teams of 2 and see how that works out?

Yo dog we heard you like spiders so we put a spider spawner in your abandoned mineshaft and left out the floor so you can shower in spiders!

Also, I have a new community!

See those three circles in the sea to the left of spawn? That's me! Coordinates are -770, -35.

It's the Lotus Village.

I'll upload screenshots later, but it's open for colonization!

Since OO:SOS has been taking Smogcraft by storm OPLV has challenged all of you to a game of OO:SOS this Sunday. We'd like to know if anyone has any schedule conflicts so that we can determine what time we are going to play. Number of players is to be determined but it seems that forks is team captain for Smogcraft, so it is up to him to decide who is playing. More info can be found in the social group.

I have returned from LOL to take my rightful postition as community idiot. My qualifications for this position is that I am currently stuck in a hole.
I will edit in some interesting photos of my hole shortly

I have returned from LOL to take my rightful postition as community idiot. My qualifications for this position is that I am currently stuck in a hole.
I will edit in some interesting photos of my hole shortly
Splatty has been living in a hole for a while, you will have to make a strong case.

A lot of people seem dissatisfied with the appearance of spawn currently. Perhaps they wish they could have a planned, neat, pretty spawn like in 2.0 (potentially with the same design, but not necessarily)? Well then, I have a proposal.

Above is spawn as we know it. I believe that with a bit of terraforming to neaten up the edges and remove the ponds from the centre, the half-moon lake would make an awesome place to nestle spawn in the middle where the star is. Or perhaps we could dig all the way round to make it an island. Either way it's a great setting for a grand spawn area, and it's close enough to the existing buildings that they can still be part of the "spawn city".

There are a couple of buildings marked in red, however. The sandstone one is Utilt's I think, then there's an igloo of some kind (dunno who that belongs to) and a wall with a sign saying ACDC plans to build something there. So even if we agreed to do this we would need their permission to do so.

Thoughts?

A lot of people seem dissatisfied with the appearance of spawn currently. Perhaps they wish they could have a planned, neat, pretty spawn like in 2.0 (potentially with the same design, but not necessarily)? Well then, I have a proposal.

Above is spawn as we know it. I believe that with a bit of terraforming to neaten up the edges and remove the ponds from the centre, the half-moon lake would make an awesome place to nestle spawn in the middle where the star is. Or perhaps we could dig all the way round to make it an island. Either way it's a great setting for a grand spawn area, and it's close enough to the existing buildings that they can still be part of the "spawn city".

There are a couple of buildings marked in red, however. The sandstone one is Utilt's I think, then there's an igloo of some kind (dunno who that belongs to) and a wall with a sign saying ACDC plans to build something there. So even if we agreed to do this we would need their permission to do so.

Thoughts?
If it means a cleaner spawn, I give you permission. Igloo's mine, too.
[I'm AC]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)