Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Anyone know a good kinda small survival server I can join? When I say small I mean like how smogons was, kinda small.
the one i mentioned is small but the admins dont play on it often and have been inactive for awhile so you could try that one. Really only me and 3 other people playing on it

Its not that many people on at once 5-10, not much explored, idk about world limit, i don't think there is one. The server opened about 4 weeks ago. I tried that one you told me about and no one ever got back to me :/

Its not that many people on at once 5-10, not much explored, idk about world limit, i don't think there is one. The server opened about 4 weeks ago. I tried that one you told me about and no one ever got back to me :/
ya the admins on that one dont even go on the server. Its been like 3 or 2 months now that they havent been on the server. Its pretty good but no one plays plus theres no one running it so no one can join. I tried to pm the admin to let me or this other kid to become a mod so we could add people but he hasnt responded and i dont think he will.

If you join the one I recommended you can room with me on these mushrooms islands over 15000 blocks from spawn. I'm so far because raiding is allowed and well I don't want to be raided lol. My old house close to the spawn got raided and screwed over so most people left spawn at this point.

If you join the one I recommended you can room with me on these mushrooms islands over 15000 blocks from spawn. I'm so far because raiding is allowed and well I don't want to be raided lol. My old house close to the spawn got raided and screwed over so most people left spawn at this point.
i dont think i want to join a raiding server. i thought it was like smogon with no raiding and griefing

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I have interest in starting up a server, there's just one small problem. Can you guess what it is? Hint: it starts with M and ends with -oney.

Actually, there's two problems. The second one is, 1.7 and the terrain generation update. I would like us to stay to the same area, perhaps one large continent, similar to what Mindcrack is doing for season 4. If I could get some seeds for a VERY large continent, perhaps 8000-10000 blocks across, that would be appreciated. Large Biomes is preferred, but it would be fine if it was default. I would prefer to have all biome types, save for Mushroom. (If there is a mushroom biome that's fine, but its not required) Please PM the seed to me because if you post it, people will X-ray it and find all the good stuff and suddenly no diamonds anywhere.

Also, I would like us to transition to full Vanilla. I don't like being dependent on Bukkit because it takes forever to update. Lack of grief protection could be a problem, but we could make a whitelist and to get on it you would have to prove you're not a dick. Lack of a world border might be an issue as well, but that's an easier fix; I could just make giant bedrock walls in MCEdit.

Last edited:
would this server be free to play on? I am but a poor student with no cash money. Also I think default bioms should be recommended sense its a bit ''more'' vanilla

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lack of a world border might be an issue as well, but that's an easier fix; I could just make giant bedrock walls in MCEdit.
That would be really ugly to anyone building where it's visible, but I guess you could make it just out of vision radius of where you want the border to be.

I really miss Smogcraft and I would offer to help with contributions towards a new server but last year I had serious problems actually accessing any server for Minecraft. Whatever Minecraft uses for multiplayer is apparently blocked by my University. Private tunnel worked but I'm not willing to pay for it and the free trial doesn't last long at all. If I could find a fix so that I can play while at uni I would look into starting another Smogon server myself.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
would this server be free to play on? I am but a poor student with no cash money. Also I think default bioms should be recommended sense its a bit ''more'' vanilla
Yes, it would be free.

That would be really ugly to anyone building where it's visible, but I guess you could make it just out of vision radius of where you want the border to be.
I actually have a couple ideas for an invisible, vanilla world border. I could make command block circuits under spawn that would instantly kill anyone that leaves the world border. Or it could teleport that person to spawn. Other ideas would be appreciated.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I actually have a couple ideas for an invisible, vanilla world border. I could make command block circuits under spawn that would instantly kill anyone that leaves the world border. Or it could teleport that person to spawn. Other ideas would be appreciated.
How about just a giant hole that's about 50 blocks wide? If anybody is seen building their way over it, they're gonna have a bad time.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I think I have had a good idea concerning the world border. The border is circular instead of square. When someone goes whithin 10 blocks of the border, a command block circuit under spawn would warn them that they are approaching the world border. If they ignore the warning and step over the border anyway, they get Instant Damage III applied to them, killing them instantly, and a server-wide message would be broadcast telling people that they will die if they leave the border.

Kinneas

puffoon
why exactly do we need a world border?
As well as the problems it causes with actually running the server, every Smogcraft there is someone/a group of people who decide to set up camp several days away from spawn. There was a place on Smogcraft 1 (The Valley I think) that was something like 5 in game days away from spawn. It just kind of sucks. I prefer the Smogcrafts where everyone is within reasonable travel distance from each other but can still do their own thing. It helps it feel more like a community and less like a server full of random people. That's why I'm also a big advocate of the community spawn projects that were very successful. Anything to bring people together on the server is worth doing.

So is this actually happening? I'd like to help towards restarting the server if it happens. Minecraft is the only game I play other than LoL and I've had nowhere to play since Smogcraft died.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I am sure I'd be able to buy a server - I'd be buying it through a server provider (if that changes anything) but I am sure I'd be able to do it, if people actually want it back...

Kinneas

puffoon
Server costs and a slump of inactivity were the reasons Sal stepped down. I guess it would be a good idea to gauge how many people still want to play before buying anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)