Ladder Mix and Mega

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Gengar can't even revenge it, and mew can only taunt it and delay the inevitable if its moldy. Gengar is too weak. Mega Launcher Hydreigon is probably the only mon with the power to 2hko it, and if it doesn't switch in it dies outright. Also dies to dazzling gleam variants.

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 216-254 (48.6 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Can we get this shit out of our metagame please?

Gengar can't even revenge it, and mew can only taunt it and delay the inevitable if its moldy. Gengar is too weak. Mega Launcher Hydreigon is probably the only mon with the power to 2hko it, and if it doesn't switch in it dies outright. Also dies to dazzling gleam variants.

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 216-254 (48.6 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Can we get this shit out of our metagame please?
Gengar can revenge it w/ perish trap, but other than that, yeah, not a lot it can do.

Lol, and frankly, yes we can.

So are we suspecting Sablenite Cresselia?

Good riddance, if you ask me. 120/170/180 bulk plus CM and Magic Bounce? It's all but guaranteed to get at least 2 boosts, and you aren't stopping that thing short of perishtrapping it. Ban plz.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Can we first talk about Mega Gengar itself? This thing is an absolute monster that was banned and then unbanned from ubers. It's even better in this meta, as 130 speed is fairly good and it destroys stall with the perish trapper set. Much like how goth is banned in tier shift, I think this guy is disgusting. It's good vs offense too with the all out attacking set, it has a stab SE attack for victini, and name one mon that isn't weak to one of the infinite coverage moves that it can carry. It is an extremely uncompetitive aspect of the MaM meta that deserves to be banned. In a tier filled with threats such as Arceus, Victini, and Lando-T, the ability to trap the opponents checks/counters to these pokemon and eliminate them is absolutely devastating, as without these checks/counters, it becomes extremely difficult to stop these threats. The fact that trappers such as Mega Gengar does this with high consistency just makes things worse.
However, the main reason that Gar needs to be banned is the fact that it makes the meta matchup reliant, something that players can't actually control, into a far more important factor than it should be. Gengar has so many coverage moves that can just smash through whatever you want gone. Cress, Lugia, Mew all weak to shadow ball. Pixi spam? Stopped cold by sludge wave. 130 speed outruns everything listed in the OP besides glalite users, but YOU TRAP WHAT YOU WANT. This means it is impossible to counter and is extremely difficult to account for- I'm using mega stones as items, not shed shell. Ban this thing now.
As for unbans, lando-i and greninja can use mega stones, since they need their abilities + life orb to be broken.

I'm working on something that I should be able to post sometime within the next couple of days. Hopefully you guys will like it.

So, something fun that I've been using is this core:

Shuckle @ Banettite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Protect
Sets up prankster webs, can encore set up sweepers, and is really annoying

Thundurus (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Superpower
Discourages Defogging with defiant, turning into an EXTREMELY deadly sweeper with a single boost.
Or you can use bisharp, but that's less threatening.

Diggersby @ Medichamite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Return/Wild charge
- Swords Dance

The main sweeper the webs are for, if diggersby gets the chance to set up an SD, or even freely mega evolve, it becomes a major threat.

Good partners for the core:

A T-Wave user is appreciated, to slow any levitators/fliers, as well as for the chance that webs get removed.

An -atespeeder is quite useful here to pick off any faster threats, and take care of other -atespeeders like dragonite.

A cleric is always helpful to pass wishes, heal status, etc. I would recommend Aggronite togekiss for this one, as it can do all of these, and provide defog support if necessary.

Any mid-speed sweeper really loves sticky web,so fitting in one of those can help as a backup sweeper.

xJownage

I'm working on something that I should be able to post sometime within the next couple of days. Hopefully you guys will like it.

So, something fun that I've been using is this core:

Shuckle @ Banettite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Protect
Sets up prankster webs, can encore set up sweepers, and is really annoying

Thundurus (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Superpower
Discourages Defogging with defiant, turning into an EXTREMELY deadly sweeper with a single boost.
Or you can use bisharp, but that's less threatening.

Diggersby @ Medichamite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Return/Wild charge
- Swords Dance

The main sweeper the webs are for, if diggersby gets the chance to set up an SD, or even freely mega evolve, it becomes a major threat.

Good partners for the core:

A T-Wave user is appreciated, to slow any levitators/fliers, as well as for the chance that webs get removed.

An -atespeeder is quite useful here to pick off any faster threats, and take care of other -atespeeders like dragonite.

A cleric is always helpful to pass wishes, heal status, etc. I would recommend Aggronite togekiss for this one, as it can do all of these, and provide defog support if necessary.

Any mid-speed sweeper really loves sticky web,so fitting in one of those can help as a backup sweeper.
Nice core, Shuckle is fucking amazing with banetite and prankster. Mold Breaker is an option to bypass Magic Bounce as well, using either gyaradosite or ampharosite. Prankster Webs is amazing.

Note that non-mega evolved Gengar hard counters Diggersby, which is big since many of them carry hypnosis or focus blast. Thundurus itself is also a threat to this core since it has the bulk to take a +2 QA w/o Rocks. Its quite difficult to set up diggersby vs HO, notably.

Aerilate Thundurus is an idea I loved when I first thought of it, and some playtesting later and everybody is using it. Wild charge is inferior to thunderbolt, in my testing, for the recoil and the ability to hit off of both sides. Hitting both sides with its stab electric is cool and all, but not very useful, and it would much rather keep the HP to check other aerilate users such as dragonite.

Nice core, Shuckle is fucking amazing with banetite and prankster. Mold Breaker is an option to bypass Magic Bounce as well, using either gyaradosite or ampharosite. Prankster Webs is amazing.

Note that non-mega evolved Gengar hard counters Diggersby, which is big since many of them carry hypnosis or focus blast. Thundurus itself is also a threat to this core since it has the bulk to take a +2 QA w/o Rocks. Its quite difficult to set up diggersby vs HO, notably.

Aerilate Thundurus is an idea I loved when I first thought of it, and some playtesting later and everybody is using it. Wild charge is inferior to thunderbolt, in my testing, for the recoil and the ability to hit off of both sides. Hitting both sides with its stab electric is cool and all, but not very useful, and it would much rather keep the HP to check other aerilate users such as dragonite.
That's funny, I actually built a team w/ aerilate thundy a while back and just never got to use it. I for one chose to go with wild charge for sheer power. It has 145 attack w/ Pinsirite, which will absolutely destroy so much stuff. Defiant pre-mega is cool too. 131 Spe is awesome because it's just one point higher than most things, so it doesn't waste anything really by having a completely redundant Speed tier. thdhted, your team might like to have a bisharp for defiant in case they bounce back your webs. Then you get the free +2 Atk, and sucker punch takes care of the lowered speed. Then you could take care of sticky web when you feel like you need it gone, and bisharp has already done its job by sweeping a portion of the team before it could do anything. It also can smack terak for SE damage on the switch. Just an idea. Also, it helps for gengar.

We are now officially suspecting Cresellia.

Between Magic Bounce and its absurd bulk, if Cresellia can get in on something that can't take it down right then, it has scary potential. Only held back by Moonlight having 8 PP, which at most demands taking out the most extreme Physical attackers on the enemy team before sending it out.

Discuss, put up replays, try to find things that can slap it silly without being dedicated checks or counters, make calcs. (Remember you have to alter stats manually)

Who is in the council? It doesn't state it in the OP.
Fixing.

How about unbanning Kangashkanite to anyone with Guts and Hustle? They have the same boost of x1.5 and only have a minor drawback of Accuracy/losing HP.
No. Guts isn't "Bad Parental Bond" (The immunity to Burn's damage drop is huge), and I'm disinclined to do anything weird like that.

I'm also not, as I've gone over in the prior thread, convinced Kangaskhanite is all that broken in a general sense. I just don't feel strongly enough to justify placing it as a priority item.

spelling/grammar check because these things bother me

-no comma between landorust's stones
-misspelled manectite and pidgeotite on thundurus
-misspelled cameruptite on kyurem
-misspelled manectite on gengar
-didn't capitalize Orb on ferrothorn
-misspelled manectite on keldeo
-didn't capitalize Medichamite on azumarill
-didn't capitalize Orb on roserade
-misspelled Sharpedonite on Tyranitar
-listed aerodactylite twice and misspelled pinsirite on staraptor
-misspelled glalilite on weavile
Fixed most (All?) of these, but Glalite is the correct spelling, not "Glalilite".

EDIT: Correction, looking it up it's "Glalitite", so we're both wrong. I'll get to that later.

Last edited:

xJownage

Actually Ghoul King, the correct spelling is glalitite, not glalite.

As for the cress suspect, good riddance. The thing is too fucking bulky for its own good. Its basically like giving maggron reliable recovery, +80 sdef, Calm Mind, decent special attack, hard to exploit weaknesses, and magic bounce.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
I think we should discuss kang-ite first; if it is good but not broken it could reach an equilibrium alongside cress as opposed to banning both of them. Remember, using cress with this set uses up your precious sablenite, and you have one kang-ite as well, so there won't be too much reciprocity.

I think we should discuss kang-ite first; if it is good but not broken it could reach an equilibrium alongside cress as opposed to banning both of them. Remember, using cress with this set uses up your precious sablenite, and you have one kang-ite as well, so there won't be too much reciprocity.
Lol, Well, that's unfortunate, because we're not gonna. (Sorry, I just kinda wanted to respond in a super douchey way) That is something that I think we'll look into at some point, but not yet. Sablenite cress is much more of a pressing matter. There's a bunch of stuff that are gonna need to come first. Lando will probs be first, then suicune sounds like it could possibly be a problem, then maybe we'd get around to it. The biggest problem w/ kangaskhanite is that even once you've revealed your stone, it's not necessarily obvious if you're running a special or a physical set, since it only actually dumps 20 into attack as well as 10 into SpA, so it could be really dangerous for that if nothing. However, on the other hand, that's very little in either one, so whatever is using it doesn't get a lot more power than a banded or specs set.

I don't know how to help suspect-test Cress, but has Chandelure been looked at when doing so? With Red Orb or CharY its Fire Blasts have power somewhere in the vicinity of insane (base-195 STAB sun O_o) or with Cameruptite it can hit for SE damage with base-185 STAB Sheer Force'd Shadow Ball, plus steal health away with Pain Split ...

Any help there?

xJownage

252+ SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia in Sun: 160-190 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 194-230 (43.6 - 51.8%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO

Not enough damage. Maybe mega launcher hydreigon?

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 216-254 (48.6 - 57.2%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
OH MY GOD SOMETHING CAN 2HKO IT!!
+1 0 SpA Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 428-508 (131.6 - 156.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
nevermind.

252+ SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia in Sun: 160-190 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 194-230 (43.6 - 51.8%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO

Not enough damage.
Wow. Just ... wow.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what would Hoopa Unbound be able to do to Cress between Hyperspace Fury (100bp Dark physical) and either Kanghaskanite or one of the Pure Power stones?

xJownage

Wow. Just ... wow.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what would Hoopa Unbound be able to do to Cress between Hyperspace Fury (100bp Dark physical) and either Kanghaskanite or one of the Pure Power stones?
base 190 attack + parental bond + stab 100 attack + SE = 252+ Atk Parental Bond Hoopa-Unbound Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 354-417 (79.7 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Wow. Just ... wow.

It's not released yet, so...

Edit: lol, I didn't read the whole post- nvm my sarcastic remark.

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Here's another mon that can beat Cress:

Lucarionite Tyranitar

252+ Atk Adaptability Lucarionite Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 228-272 (51.3 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Lucarionite Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 208-248 (46.8 - 55.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 0 SpA Sablenite Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucarionite Tyranitar: 196-232 (57.4 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Lucarionite doesn't really matter in this calc tho as it doesn't raise SpD at all rof)

Switch in as it Calm Minds and 2HKO before it can. It can also run Dragon Dance with decent bulk so it can tank a hit and setup vs. offense.

Another Pokemon I would like to discuss and nominate for a higher ranking is Noivern. I think it deserves B Rank. Here's a sample set:

Noivern @ Salamencite
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk/Flamethrower

Aerilate Boomburst is obvious. Draco Meteor is a strong secondary STAB. U-Turn is great for momentum. The last slot is where it gets interesting. You can run Flamethrower to hit Pokemon like Aggronite Togekiss harder, although I prefer to just U-Turn out of them. Sleep Talk is an interesting move I have been using, as it allows you to switch in on Pidgeotite Gengar and kill it. I do recommend running this with something else that can handle Gengar, as it is possible you select U-Turn (Sablenite Blissey on balance or another fast Pokemon on offense or balance work) but it can't OHKO you, even with a minus SpD nature:

252 SpA Pidgeotite Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamencite Noivern: 258-304 (82.9 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Boomburst on the other hand, is a guaranteed OHKO, and Draco has a 56.3% chance to OHKO after Rocks. Best partnered with good hazard removal as it is weak to Rocks and functions best on VoltTurn teams, but I think its a pretty cool mon that can handle Pidgeotite Gengar. It also beats Perish Trap Gengar, just by U-Turning out of it or OHKOing it with Boomburst. Aerilate Boomburst is just a nuke, and despite only gaining 10 Special Attack, it hits VERY hard. So yeah, I think Noivern can move up to B Rank due to its immense power and excellent speed, and can revenge kill the majority of the metagame. It also gains a ton of bulk, letting it switch in on hits as strong as Red Orb Victini's V-Create:

252 Atk Red Orb Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamencite Noivern in Harsh Sunshine: 175-207 (56.2 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Another option is Roost to keep you alive longer. Noivern is a pretty cool mon in Mix and Mega and I've enjoyed using it n_n

Lucarionite Tyranitar

252+ Atk Adaptability Lucarionite Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 228-272 (51.3 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Lucarionite Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 208-248 (46.8 - 55.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 0 SpA Sablenite Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucarionite Tyranitar: 196-232 (57.4 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Lucarionite doesn't really matter in this calc tho as it doesn't raise SpD at all rof)

Switch in as it Calm Minds and 2HKO before it can. It can also run Dragon Dance with decent bulk so it can tank a hit and setup vs. offense.

Another Pokemon I would like to discuss and nominate for a higher ranking is Noivern. I think it deserves B Rank. Here's a sample set:

Noivern @ Salamencite
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Aerilate Boomburst is obvious. Draco Meteor is a strong secondary STAB. U-Turn is great for momentum. The last slot is where it gets interesting. You can run Flamethrower to hit Pokemon like Aggronite Togekiss harder, although I prefer to just U-Turn out of them. Sleep Talk is an interesting move I have been using, as it allows you to switch in on Pidgeotite Gengar and kill it. I do recommend running this with something else that can handle Gengar, as it is possible you select U-Turn (Sablenite Blissey on balance or another fast Pokemon on offense or balance work) but it can't OHKO you, even with a minus SpD nature:

252 SpA Pidgeotite Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamencite Noivern: 258-304 (82.9 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Boomburst on the other hand, is a guaranteed OHKO, and Draco has a 56.3% chance to OHKO after Rocks. Best partnered with good hazard removal as it is weak to Rocks and functions best on VoltTurn teams, but I think its a pretty cool mon that can handle Pidgeotite Gengar. It also beats Perish Trap Gengar, just by U-Turning out of it or OHKOing it with Boomburst. Aerilate Boomburst is just a nuke, and despite only gaining 10 Special Attack, it hits VERY hard. So yeah, I think Noivern can move up to B Rank due to its immense power and excellent speed, and can revenge kill the majority of the metagame. It also gains a ton of bulk, letting it switch in on hits as strong as Red Orb Victini's V-Create:

252 Atk Red Orb Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamencite Noivern in Harsh Sunshine: 175-207 (56.2 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Another option is Roost to keep you alive longer. Noivern is a pretty cool mon in Mix and Mega and I've enjoyed using it n_n
you should be calcing this in the sand

+1 0 SpA Sablenite Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 132-156 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
you should be calcing this in the sand

+1 0 SpA Sablenite Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 132-156 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Oh yeah, forgot about that :p
My calc shows after you have already Mega evolved, this one shows the first time you come in. Either way Tyranitar wins (and that calc shows that it has an easier time winning).

Lucarionite Tyranitar

Noivern @ Salamencite
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Yeah, and, not to mention, it gets +50 Def w/ salamencite to allow it to better utilize roost. It actually has better Def than SpA, so roost really is not a bad option at all. Noivern is pretty cool already, albeit not that great, but mix and mega helps it a lot. Salamencite gives it an awesome spread of 85/80/130/107/90/143, plus it's already got a ton of awesome tools to play with, it's just too weak usually. Another cool option is pidgeotite for all its low acc moves like focus blast, but torn T probs would be better overall for supah fast no guard hurricanes.

I want to nominate Florges for B. It's basically a Keldeo case- good mon w/ a trash ability (obviously not as good tho). It's fairy typing is great for checking all the dragons in Ubers, and it's a solid special wall, which, once again, is really useful in Ubers w/ all the special powerhouses everywhere. If it had weather ball, it'd be way cool w/ red orb, since it isn't a grass type, but still has synthesis. It may be decent w/ HP fire anyways, since it'd have the awesome fairy/fire coverage paired w/ 162 SpA, and ridiculous recovery. It'd make a cool special tank, and it's pitiful Def gets boosted a bit, which is super helpful, despite the fact that it's still pretty frail. It would probably be able to tank enough physical stuff if you ran significant defense investment tho, so idk. Again, synthesis would be great.

That's all I got for now- I think I had something more significant to point out, but I lost it, so whatever.

ehh.....florges just seems to still be outclassed by sylveon. the only thing florges has over sylveon is a tiny bit more speed and sp. def(and synthesis, which IS helpful). Sylveon is a better fairy type simply because it passes fatter wishes and has hyper voice, allowing it to use -ate shenanigans, something florges lacks.(also has a better offensive movepool, even if it isn't much.)

But anyhooo....
Introducing the Mix and Mega Megastone viability rankings!

Limited Stones(banned outside of specific 'mons)
Kangaskanite
Gengarite
Beedrillite
Medichamite
Mawilite
Blazikenite

S Rank Stones The very best Megastones, these stones are both excellent and easy to fit onto a team member. Megastones/Orbs in this rank provide both excellent abilities and/or very good stats. There is very little reason not to use any of these stones on a team.

-
Sablenite
-Lopunnite
-Lucarionite
-Pinsirite
-Altarianite
-Red Orb

A Rank Stones
Very good Megastones, these stones create very good Pokemon within the meta. While not as amazing as the S-Rank stones, Megastones in this rank are very good choices on a team due to good abilities and/or stat gains.

-Blue Orb
-Ampharosite
-Gyaradosite
-Mewtwonite-X
-Pidgeotenite
-Aggronite
-Venusaurite
-Diancite
-Manectite
-Cameruptite
-Aerodactylite
-Absolite
-Charizardite-X
-Charizardite-Y
-Metagrossite

B-Rank Stones
Solid Megastones, these stones create decent Pokemon in the meta. Stones in this rank are good choices, but might not be as common as those in the A or S-Ranks. Some Stones may fit only onto specific Pokemon in order for them to be viable.
-Latiasite
-Audinite
-Scizorite
-Glalite
-Banetite
-Tyranitarite
-Sceptilite
-Slowbronite
-Blastioisinte
-Salamencite
-Gardevoirite
-Swampertite

C-Rank Stones
Decent Megastones, these stones have viable niches in the meta. Stones in this rank may fit onto certain Pokemon, but may have flaws that prevent them from functioning on other Pokemon.

-Garchompite
-Latiosite
-Sharpedonite
-Houndoomite
-Mewtwonite-Y
-Galladite
-Heraconite
-Steelixite

D-Rank Stones
Poor Megastones. Stones in this rank have only specific recipients and will fail if used on anything else.

-Abomasite
-Alakazite

I would appreciate any opinions on rankings for stones, just make it a GOOD reason for a specific ranking.

This Ranking was born because I thought new players might want to know which stones were good choices.

Last edited:
This is really reaching into the barrel. and it looks bad in the meta, but since there are no Guts mega-stones yet, what about Banded Guts-active Heracross's Megahorn against Cresselia?

And this idea just makes me wish there were a Guts mega-stone...

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
This is really reaching into the barrel. and it looks bad in the meta, but since there are no Guts mega-stones yet, what about Banded Guts-active Heracross's Megahorn against Cresselia?

And this idea just makes me wish there were a Guts mega-stone...
252 Atk Choice Band Guts Badly Poisoned (from Toxic) Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 422-498 (95 - 112.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

So yeah, it wins if it switches in on Toxic. Band Megahorn is a 2HKO anyway though.

This actually goes perfectly with something I wanted to see some discussion about...

What do you guys think about Pokemon NOT holding Mega stones?

All the hype is about Pokemon holding Mega stones (and rightfully so imo), but what about those that don't? I know ubers can't, but what Pokemon do you think are viable without Mega stones? Scarf seems like a good item to outspeed most of the Megas, and Band or Specs can give a better boost than some Mega stones, so what do you guys think? My opinion on this is that Mega stones are generally better a lot of the time for the ability boost they offer, such as Adaptability, Magic Bounce, No Guard, any -ate, etc. although I think some Pokemon (cough cough Heracross :^) ) could be viable in Mix and Mega without holding a Mega stone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)