Ladder Mix and Mega

Have you considered using a Soul Dew Latias (or Latios) in it's place? Similar bulk, higher power STABs, larger movepool including reliable recovery, more versatility with Healing Wish/Defog etc (not that you have to use those), sort of checks Pdon, and Psychic's weaknesses aren't that right now notable, outside of Pidgeotite Gengar. Just thought your team seemed a little vulnerable to ground types. This also checks Keldeo way better.
Either of the Lati twins would probably be better in Goodra's place on that particular team, though Terrakion would still be faster, and stuff either of them with a Stone Edge. I understand that my team is not the best. I'm honestly just here to have a good time. ...And pass judgment on a whole slew of Pokémon, some of which aren't even given the time of day. (If you're doubtful... I'm going to be willingly use Qwilfish. Actually. I expect to be let down. The analysis for that is coming later...)

A few last notes on Mew before I sign off today... It's hard to use. You see so many more Mews that do nothing or just set up rocks and die, than those that are extremely effective. (To be fair.. that happens with Deoxys-S too... Just Psycho Boost that Gengar in the face already!) But Mew... is special. There is not one mon that truly has it beat, and it can act as a lure for ANYTHING. (okay, maybe not unbanned Genesect, but still...) Ho-oh? Stone Edge that bird away. Zygarde? Have fun with special Aggronite sets. Primal Groudon? Pidgeotite sets refuse to back down from the beast. (And Physical ones can pack Earthquake, too) The key to beating Mew is quickly diffusing what it's doing, and make the appropriate response. Blue Orb Scizor is (usually) a good bet for any physical sets. Special sets usually rely on what it's doing, though Blissey stops anything lacking Mold Breaker.

Your mileage will vary with Mew, and it really depends on how snug you fit it into a team.

Mandibuzz to B + / B / B-

Great Defogger, STAB Foul Play lets it hurt physical attackers, also has U-turn to stop itself being a momentum drain.

Deoxys-S to A / A+

Excellent hazard setter, with Ampharosite it can set them against anything. If you want more bulk, the Aggronite and Sablenite are viable options - even with the Sablenite, it still has 150 base speed.

Skarmory to A+

Completely walling Entei, Zygarde and Primal Groudon is huge. Unlike Blissey it also has Taunt and Roar to prevent it being set up fodder, and it can throw Toxic around as even if it gets reflected, it's immune anyway.

Kyurem to A

One of the highest BSTs of all Pokémon that can hold mega stones. Cameruptite turns it into an offensive powerhouse with bulk on par with Cresselia, Absolite lets it outrun Pidgeotite Gengar, Aggronite turns it into a surprisingly good wall (same defense as Skarmory but almost double the base HP). It can even run the Altarianite, although there are generally better Pokémon for that role.

Lugia to C

Sablenite Mew is largely a better wall, as it's mostly immune to Taunt and Toxic. Doesn't use a mega stone, so that's something.

Kyurem-W to D / Unranked

Just give Kyurem the Cameruptite. Or Absolite, or Glalite.
Skarmory to A+: Agree
It's super obnoxious; everyone prepares for it, and it still puts in work. It blanket walls half the shit in the metagame, and usually its the only switchin. Want to rek with Lucaronite Rhypherior? Skarmory switches in, albeit once. Want to spam -atespeed? Good luck with that. It completely invalidates bug, steel, ground, fairy, grass, and bug type coverage just by existing, and even those things it doesn't resist it can still phaze. Get this thing where it belongs.

Kyurem to A: Nuetral
I don't have enough experience with this mon, either with or against, to comment.

Lugia to C: Agree
Unlike other espeed walls (Waterceus, Skarm, PDon, Red Orb Hippo, Heatran, etc.), it despises a burn, so it can't easily switch in on Entei/Arcanine. Its super passive, meaning that if rocks arent up something else, especially Absolite or sablenite mons, immediately comes in for free. Its weak to rocks, takes half from a +2 Ekiller stone edge, and is complete taunt bait. You're correct that it isn't useless, but C seems like a much better spot for it.

Kyurem-W to Unranked: Agree
There isn't much to say here, KyuW just isn't good.
I really want to say that I Adamantly disagree with Mew being S. It was moved there with very little discussion prior to it and the S ranks right now... Are looking like a poor representation of September MnM, more like February MnM. The metagame adapts even though MnM isn't playable. Mew was amazing when it had access to Zap cannon and Dynamic punch blah blah, it easily broke balance and offence i've said this before and tired of repeating myself lmao.

I don't think y'all are seeing the difference between being a jack of all trades and versatile. Just because Mew has a large move-pool it doesn't mean it's literally a un-wallable monster that every team struggles with, that's just not true. There's pokemon that are versatile, like Primal Groudon, because it has three-four great sets that are trouble some regardless of your team because that's just how good PDon is, and Mew isn't like that. It has a dozen good sets, but no great ones.

I rarely keep Mew specifically in mind when team-building anymore, because it doesn't preform a good role the best. By that I mean it has roles that only it can do, but that doesn't mean said role is good(Baton pass). And the roles that it simply falls flat at preforming. It's a shit tier defogger in a metagame where you can use Arcues forms which can change typings or Skarmory which is one of the best defensive pokemon in the metagame. Mew isn't getting past Magic bouncers with rocks unless it has Ampharosite, and in that case I'd rather use Clefable or Pdon since they have overall better performance. For a Calm Minder why wouldn't I use Reuniclues, Keldeo, Raikou or Suicune? More powerful, better typings or coverage - that's what they offer over Mew. What's next, Baton pass? Eh... It's the best at doing it but It really doesn't preform that well because of the lack of good recipients, and you're really limiting yourself to one thing(Using up your Sablenite btw). Lets keep going, SD? Jesus christ why... Psychic + Fighting is awful. Like, good luck with that... At +2 you're doing 57% max to Skarmory which either Whirlwinds you out or takes the roll with Brave Bird. Idk why you guys are under the impression that this is the best way to use your Lopunnite, use Staraptor atleast, it does almost as much as +2 Drain punch with Close Combat... Also why... in the world would you use Nasty plot when you can use Thundurus? Thundurus has like zero counters as well and hits like a fucking truck.

ChrystalFalchion Mew can't do all of that at once, Mew isn't this magical creature(lol) with Taunt, Recovery, Swords Dance, Iron defence, Zen Headbutt, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, Will o Wisp, Earth power, Ice beam, Nasty plot, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt.
Yeah, you can prevent being fodder running Taunt or roar, but you're really limiting yourself. Boosting move, Taunt, Recovery + Coverage that doesn't have any immunities. Even then you're really going to have a hard time. Psychic leaves you at the mercy of Dark and Steel type. Flamethrower, Earth power, Thunderbolt and Shadow ball all have common immunities on almost any team, are you really going to be PP stalling everything? What else, Ice beam and Dark pulse? Good luck getting through Primal Groudon. If you drop Taunt then you'll get set up on because Mew is piss... weak... +6 doesn't even 2hko Blissey with Psychic lol. If you're running Psyshock + Aura sphere/Focus Blast then you're still going to be set up on and take 80% from Preciples blades.

The fact that you guys barely managed to scape together two replays of Mew is enough. Mew should have been S before the Zap/Dpunch ban easily, but right now it's pretty much meh. Keldeo, Entei and Pdon should be S.

(Mew should be A imo, for now)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-433167864
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-433190143
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-433195116
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-433196688
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-433201734

: Stay in S
I totally disagree with Mew dropping as its ridiculously unpredictable with its versatility within its sets that really sets it apart from other threats in A+. Loppunite, Sablenite, Ampharosite/Gyaradosite, Pidgeotite, Slowbronite, Red Orb, the list can go on and on and all these sets are more or less on the same level of viability. Its one of the best answers to the scariest wallbreaker in the meta in Lucarionite/Pidgeotite Keldeo while it can still check/counter most of the mons through S-A ranks. The new broken Baton Pass set also pushes its viability tremendously. To me, Mew can be the best supporter, utility mon, sweeper, wallbreaker and can fit on practically any team to serve any role. This alone can fit the definition of it's S-Rank status alongside many other things.

Edit: here are some replays of BP Mew btw:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-432551203
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-432713444

My own noms now:

: Rise to S
Entei may actually combat Zygarde as the best -atespeed at this point of time due to it being more powerful with Sacred Fire just burning shit which lets it break down walls really easily. Howl sets are becoming more popular as well which helps it break down stuff like Mew and Blissey. It does have a problem getting past Skarmory which is a problem and SR is a bitch to it, but it really defines the meta enough to go S-Rank.

: Rise to A+
This thing is my most feared mon when I see it in team preview tbh. Water/Fighting is just amazing offensively and in conjunction with Lucarionite/Pidgeotite, finding answers to it can become extremely hard to find an answer to it besides -atespeed and Ampharosite Mew. Its so hard to explain why it should rise as I find its truly that obvious imo, but its ability to restrict teambuilidng makes me believe its worthy of A+.

Have more stuff to talk about but wanted to clean up S and A first.
As I said before, I don't think Entei is S worthy. Metagame defining isn't enough; what matters is the influence it exerts on teambuilding and in battle, as well as its sucess rate at whatever role it does. In this case, entei goes 2/3: definitely strong, but not S. It's a very good ate-speeder, and it destroys dozens of strategies just by existing, but in battle it doesn't perform as well because of how overprepared everyone is. not only are Stealth Rocks insanely common, there are on average 2 entei counters and at least one offensive check on every team, if not more. It just doesn't do well enough in practice to deserve that coveted S rank.

Keldeo is an absolute agreement. It has 4 counters (Red orb Togekiss, Red Orb Ghorgeist, Jellicent, Latios) and , all of whom it can get around with some luck/sets and/or are completely useless otherwise. Even with those mons, it usually takes a chunk out of teams; Its a special attacker that forces out Blissey, and its a water type that beats PDon. It walls Weavile, which isn't easy for offensive mons, ties Pidgegar with lucarionite set, whacks -ate on the switchin, and is just impossible to switch into, much less multiple times. As far as offensive answers go there are red orb tini (once), and... revenge with -ate. I'm not sure its quite S-Rank, but it's better than the rest of A; its the same caliber of threat as Thundurus.

Last edited:
I'll chime in because why the hell not.

On the subject of Mew, I think that S Rank is very fitting for it. While it is true that other Pokemon can do some of Mew's sets better, there is no single Pokemon available that can do everything Mew does better. The reason why Mew is so good is because of its fantastic stats and ungodly movepool that is only rivaled by Smeargle. Psychic isn't a great typing but it's still perfectly decent in the tier defensively seeing that no one runs Knock Off and Bug is not nearly as common of an attacking type as other tiers. Mew is on the top of the tier list because it is physically impossible to predict thus hard-counter because it can do literally anything, all of which ranging from a decent to exceptional job.

I myself would like to see some other things on the viability ranking list. For one, I've wanted to see Crobat in B Rank (roughly) for a long time now. It's shockingly-wide movepool, amazing speed, and tolerable other stats let it use a good majority of other Mega Stones such as Aerodactylite, Gyaradosite, Aggronite, and even Cameruptite very efficiently. Even though other Pokemon could use Crobat's sets equally if not better, I still think it has enough to be considered viable in the end.

Also, no mention of Aggronite Kyurem? The thing checks virtually every -ate abuser out there!

252+ Atk Entei Altarianite Flare Blitz vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Aggronite Kyurem: 144-169 (31.9 - 37.4%) -- Never 2HKOs at full health; even after a Substitute!

Also, the combination of Earth Power and STAB Flash Cannon 2HKOs almost every -ate abuser in the entire tier. No joke.
0 SpA Kyurem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Altarianite Entei: 206-244 (55.5 - 65.7%)
0 SpA Kyurem Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Altarianite Zygarde: 228-270 (54.4 - 64.4%)

These two are some of the bulkiest (and most prevalent) -ate users in the tier. Outside of Aerilate users (which can be hit by teching Ice Beam instead), almost nothing is safe.

On another note, I'd like to propose a suspect for Extreme Speed as a whole. The move is just uncompetitive and overcentralized at this point. Most teams run two of them and no team can compete unless they run two or three -ate checks in their team. The good power of the move along with the absurd priority advantage makes it an easy wincon for almost anyone under the right circumstances. And finally, almost every single argument I've heard to keep the move unlimited (not necessarily banned mind you) don't hold up:

"It's like Imposter Chansey in BH. It's a necessary evil."

No. No it isn't. A necessary evil is something that is legal because it prevents a specific playstyle from being abused in the tier. Not only is that a pretty bad idea in of itself, but the main point of Imposter Chansey is to punish setup sweepers whereas -atespeed just kills whatever is in front of them (you know, the entire reason why Imposter Chansey was left legal in the first place!).

Also, don't say that it's allowed so it can revenge kill powerful offensive cores. Not only can you find several other ways to revenge kill without resorting to Extreme Speed, but a lot of the power cores can still be stopped by relevant defensive threats. Atespeed is not necessary for the entire tier to survive.

"Extreme Speed isn't the problem; Entei/Zygarde is the problem."

Normally I'd agree, but this is the rare case that this is incorrect. Dragonite and Lucario were both banned mainly due to abusing Extreme Speed. Even though they had good reason to be banned other than -ate abuse, banning another Pokemon for the same exact reason as two others before it instead of attacking the main source is just baffling.

"There's already a limit on Mega Evolutions, that should be enough."

Well that didn't stop Dnite or Lucario and it currently isn't stopping Zygarde, Arcanine, Entei, or Genesect, all of which can still use -atespeed on the same team. Does this problem seems fixed to you?

I'm not saying Extreme Speed or -ates should be banned as a whole, but something REALLY needs to be done about this because the current situation isn't getting any better and it saps the fun out of the metagame.

Hello all!

This is a team I've had some solid success with although I'm not that high on the ladder.

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Explanation:None needed amirite?

Tini (Victini) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Inferno
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Explanation: Solid coverage and the ability to burn and para almost on command. Only lacks super strong psychic STAB

Regos (Registeel) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Explanation: My personally preferred check to ate-speed. Ev's can be placed in either defense depending on the team

Jack (Blaziken) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Blaze Kick
- High Jump Kick
- Protect
- Earthquake

Explanation: A hard hitting fast mon. This thing can also work as a pseudo counter to Entei and maybe others(haven't faced much else)

Kaw (Honchkrow) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Superpower

Explanation: Literally hits everything but ate-speed one on one I believe. The speed is nice and sucker at +1 does superb damage

Nurse (Tentacruel) @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

Explanation: Hazard remover and hits some stuff. Nice spdef I suppose.

Now to Ate-Speed:
As this may seem hypocritical as I'm using the most prominent one atm but something needs to be done. As far as I've seen the only good counter to this is blue orb steel-types. And even then if not dealt with correctly, there is still a great danger in the meta as you need to run one counter per speeder and that I could say is about 3, so you now have half of your team dedicated to countering one thing.

All I can say is ban the move. It seems to be the thing that hurts the meta the least or changes it the least. Hell, we may be able to bring lucario and dnite back because of this.

That's my team and my 2 cents so take it as you will.

Before this won OMotM, Dragonite was tested and it was incredibly broken. Basically it was Zygarde on steroids - better movepool, much higher attack and better pre mega ability. And in addition to its Pinsirite / Altarianite sets it could also run a Pidgeotite wallbreaker set, which threw all of its usual counters a massive curveball.

As for Extreme Speed, I wouldn't say it was broken personally, but I must admit I would be curious to see a meta without it. Doubt it'll happen though.

I use that line almost in jest. The point is, we need to do something about it, even if it is temporary.

Also quick question, does Aegislash function with a megastone? It doesn't seem like it but I'm not sure because last time I checked the stats didn't change.

I'll chime in because why the hell not.

I myself would like to see some other things on the viability ranking list. For one, I've wanted to see Crobat in B Rank (roughly) for a long time now. It's shockingly-wide movepool, amazing speed, and tolerable other stats let it use a good majority of other Mega Stones such as Aerodactylite, Gyaradosite, Aggronite, and even Cameruptite very efficiently. Even though other Pokemon could use Crobat's sets equally if not better, I still think it has enough to be considered viable in the end.
If something does every given set better, then it not only shouldn't be that high, it shouldn't be ranked. Having half a dozen mediocre sets doesn't mean anything if there isn't any reason to use them. While I can see a case for a fast Pidgeotite, say, it's still probably a worse Gengar, and it doesn't really have any other sets that are actually good.

On another note, I'd like to propose a suspect for Extreme Speed as a whole. The move is just uncompetitive and overcentralized at this point. Most teams run two of them and no team can compete unless they run two or three -ate checks in their team. The good power of the move along with the absurd priority advantage makes it an easy wincon for almost anyone under the right circumstances. And finally, almost every single argument I've heard to keep the move unlimited (not necessarily banned mind you) don't hold up:
"It's like Imposter Chansey in BH. It's a necessary evil."

No. No it isn't. A necessary evil is something that is legal because it prevents a specific playstyle from being abused in the tier. Not only is that a pretty bad idea in of itself, but the main point of Imposter Chansey is to punish setup sweepers whereas -atespeed just kills whatever is in front of them (you know, the entire reason why Imposter Chansey was left legal in the first place!).

Also, don't say that it's allowed so it can revenge kill powerful offensive cores. Not only can you find several other ways to revenge kill without resorting to Extreme Speed, but a lot of the power cores can still be stopped by relevant defensive threats. Atespeed is not necessary for the entire tier to survive.
"Extreme Speed isn't the problem; Entei/Zygarde is the problem."

Normally I'd agree, but this is the rare case that this is incorrect. Dragonite and Lucario were both banned mainly due to abusing Extreme Speed. Even though they had good reason to be banned other than -ate abuse, banning another Pokemon for the same exact reason as two others before it instead of attacking the main source is just baffling.

"There's already a limit on Mega Evolutions, that should be enough."

Well that didn't stop Dnite or Lucario and it currently isn't stopping Zygarde, Arcanine, Entei, or Genesect, all of which can still use -atespeed on the same team. Does this problem seems fixed to you?

I'm not saying Extreme Speed or -ates should be banned as a whole, but something REALLY needs to be done about this because the current situation isn't getting any better and it saps the fun out of the metagame.
First off, I'm not sure that you know what uncompetative means. Uncompetative means that the better player doesn't win more often then the worse player; -ate definitely doesn't do that. If you want an example, look at minimize, which put the game into the hands of RNG rather than skill, or something like MRay in PU that the entire game would come down to whoever wins the tie.

I'm not sure about the overcentralized argument, but I would like to point out that Ubers, the most similar metagame, has PDon at 80% usage, while list OMoTM Entei was merely 63. Similarly, outside of Entei -ate wasn't the most used- Raikou was #2, Terrakion was #3, Skarmory #4- the next -ate didn't show up until 13. Entei's usage is similar to that of Xerneas, for the record (check out http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-03/mixandmega-1760.txt and http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-08/ubers-1760.txt if interested).

A neccesary evil. That's not the only argument by the long shot, which means you either haven't been looking wide enough. The first, main reason against -ate is that it isn't broken. Counters exist, those counters have recovery, are otherwise viable, fit on all playstyles, and usually have recovery. Additionally, it has many offensive checks as well. The second reason is a looser banlist: I, and I'm not the only one either, like playing with my options open. All things being equal, I'd like more mons legal, so unless there is a major reason I'd like them playable, and there aren't all that many. Thirdly, it in many ways is necessary- without -ate Keldeo is nigh unstoppable, with stall being the only playstyle that can try and even then having to run otherwise-unviable sets for the hope of living it.

As far as going after the source, -ate weakness did stop DNite/Lucario- what got hem broken was their coverage. If it was only espeed and boosting, or even espeed+boosting+earthquake, they wouldn't have gotten the boot. What happened was that lucario and DNite could pick and choose their answers while still being effective at their job, and you being incapable f switching in in fear of coverage. Furthermore, both of those were much stronger than our current -atespeeders, and had secondary strengths besides.
Hello all!

This is a team I've had some solid success with although I'm not that high on the ladder.

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Explanation:None needed amirite?

Tini (Victini) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Inferno
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Explanation: Solid coverage and the ability to burn and para almost on command. Only lacks super strong psychic STAB

Regos (Registeel) @ Blue Orb
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Explanation: My personally preferred check to ate-speed. Ev's can be placed in either defense depending on the team

Jack (Blaziken) @ Lucarionite
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Blaze Kick
- High Jump Kick
- Protect
- Earthquake

Explanation: A hard hitting fast mon. This thing can also work as a pseudo counter to Entei and maybe others(haven't faced much else)

Kaw (Honchkrow) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Superpower

Explanation: Literally hits everything but ate-speed one on one I believe. The speed is nice and sucker at +1 does superb damage

Nurse (Tentacruel) @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

Explanation: Hazard remover and hits some stuff. Nice spdef I suppose.

Now to Ate-Speed:
As this may seem hypocritical as I'm using the most prominent one atm but something needs to be done. As far as I've seen the only good counter to this is blue orb steel-types. And even then if not dealt with correctly, there is still a great danger in the meta as you need to run one counter per speeder and that I could say is about 3, so you now have half of your team dedicated to countering one thing.

All I can say is ban the move. It seems to be the thing that hurts the meta the least or changes it the least. Hell, we may be able to bring lucario and dnite back because of this.

That's my team and my 2 cents so take it as you will.
I don't have much to say about the team other than that scald is probably better than giga drain, and registeel isn't very good, but as far as espeed goes there are more answers; Lugia, Heatran, PDon, Slowbronite blissey, Suicune, Gyarados bar faster Arcanine with Wild Charge, Slowbro, and Hippowdon.

Here's a set that I have been using, it's definitely not the best, but I had a lot fun using it.

Starmie @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
You can run the EVs however you want, I find this ok for me.

Explanation: walls quite well when you spam cosmic power enough times. Unless your opponent gets a critical hit, then well, Starmie is down for the count.
Cosmic Power, for obvious reasons.
Rapid Spin, to clear traps and such.
Recover, obvious reasons.
Scald, for damage, and possibility for a burn.

Not too sure about the stone for it. Thought about Slowbronite, to remove the critical hit problem, but it was crap imo. Aggronite was meh. I like to run Sablenite because of Magic Bounce, and the raw bulkiness.
Interested to hear thoughts on it.

OK, have updated the VR.

Mew - A+

Entei - Staying

Arceus-Water - A-

Great wall, checks to Entei are always welcome

Dialga to Unranked

Arcanine rising to A+ - no one really disagreed with it

Giratina to D
Out of question, did you mean to post that mew was moving down? Last cycle you said that it wasn't, and only 4 people disagreed at all. Most of the arguments against it weren't very compelling, especially compared to the stay arguments, and about the only one that had content was GoS. I'm mostly fine with him being why it dropped, since he is a good player alongside being the leader, but if that isn't why then I'm really confused.

Out of question, did you mean to post that mew was moving down? Last cycle you said that it wasn't, and only 4 people disagreed at all. Most of the arguments against it weren't very compelling, especially compared to the stay arguments, and about the only one that had content was GoS. I'm mostly fine with him being why it dropped, since he is a good player alongside being the leader, but if that isn't why then I'm really confused.
When I was given the viability rankings, I moved Mew up to S without consulting the counsel which was wrong on my part. GoS and I talked about it today, and he said that most of the council thought it should be moved down.

Been messing around w/ some fun sets and i found another

Florges @ Red Orb
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy/HP fire
- Synthesis
- Solar Beam/HP fire
- Moonblast

A bulky specially offensive florges. The main points where this mon shines is against most special attakers(so long as they don't have pidgeotite as most users are SE or resist) as it can tank the hit and hit back hard with a wopping 162 Satk. also, the added fire type is the gr8est b8 for ground/rock/ types to get caught on solar beam.

also... 252+ SpA Florges Solar Beam vs. 204 HP / 252 SpD Sablenite Vaporeon: 206-244 (45.5 - 53.9%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Moving Mew out of S is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
Here is a pokemon that knows bulk up and calm mind, swords dance and nasty plot, barrier and amnesia, agility and trick room. It can run stall breaker with taunt WOW snarl and recovery, or it can be a sablenite wall. It knows u-turn and volt switch. It can go loppunite offensive, and it can go aggronite defensive. there is literally not a single role that mew cannot fill. One of the worst things about it in OU is it's bad ability, but that is irrelevant in Mix and Mega when you can get a new one. Its stats are amazing across the board. The baton pass set is arguably banworthy, as it can literally pass anything. It knows stealth rock and defog.
If mew is not S, then I can't think of a single mon in any metagame that deserves that title.

If mew is not S, then I can't think of a single mon in any metagame that deserves that title.
Well, there's Primal Groudon in Ubers, Landorus-T in OU.

Here is a pokemon that knows bulk up and calm mind, swords dance and nasty plot, barrier and amnesia, agility and trick room. It can run stall breaker with taunt WOW snarl and recovery, or it can be a sablenite wall. It knows u-turn and volt switch. It can go loppunite offensive, and it can go aggronite defensive. there is literally not a single role that mew cannot fill.
All of those moves are learnable by other pokemon too. And all of those stones can be used by other pokemon too.

100/100/100 offense can be outclassed by other pokemon

100/100/100 defenses can be outclassed by other pokemon

Psychic is terrible typing.

Whatever it can do, something else is better at doing it except Baton Pass and it's Lopunnite set is pretty good. It can't wall as well as Blissey or Mandibuzz can. It's not as strong as E Killer, or offensive PDon, or lots of other threats in the meta.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Well, there's Primal Groudon in Ubers, Landorus-T in OU.

All of those moves are learnable by other pokemon too. And all of those stones can be used by other pokemon too.

100/100/100 offense can be outclassed by other pokemon

100/100/100 defenses can be outclassed by other pokemon

Psychic is terrible typing.

Whatever it can do, something else is better at doing it except Baton Pass and it's Lopunnite set is pretty good. It can't wall as well as Blissey or Mandibuzz can. It's not as strong as E Killer, or offensive PDon, or lots of other threats in the meta.
Nothing can replace all of Mew's sets on team preview. That's absolutely huge and gives the person using Mew a huge amount of control in the crucial first few turns, more if you don't lead with it (and you really shouldn't be leading with it often). In addition, Psychic is a fantastic typing in this meta, and Psychic/Dragon, one of it's best sets, handles a good portion of best mons to pair with -iate spammers, including Keldeo, Victini, and Thundurus. Very little carries coverage for Mew unless it's specifically for Mew (or the Latis, who are criminally underutilized). Psychic had great type synergy with Blissey and Heatran, two of the most splashable balance-oriented mons. The only mons hitting it with a STAB, super effective attack in the A-ranks are Weavile and Hoopa-U. In addition, 100/100/100 bulk on an offensive (Pidgeotite, Lopunnite) set is incredible, as previously seen with Manaphy. It's threatening because of it's extreme versatility, both before and after set reveal.

Also, Mandibuzz is somewhat niche despite it's bulk because it has an actually bad typing for this meta. Weakness to Electric, Ice, Fairy and Rock are horrendous, leaving it unable to wall almost all of the top offensive threats. It's not really a comparable mon to Mew. Not to mention that it's not that much bulkier than Mew.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Hi !
I'm trying to make competitive a full "PU" team.
Initially, it was a fun team, but i wanted to see what you can do with it.
(My English is pretty bad, sorry about that, i'll do my best)

Here's the team :
Sudowoodo @ Banettite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Copycat
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

The Rock Setter.
Protect to activate Prankster if necessary.
Stone Edge + Copycat is a free offensive gimmick.

Raichu @ Pinsirite
Ability: Static
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Punch
- Brick Break

All you need is Extreme Speed !
Sometimes, Frustration is pretty good.
Thunder Punch and Brick Break for coverage, even if, sadly, this is not really good.

Gourgeist-Super @ Aggronite
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Foul Play

Basically the Smogon set turned into an Ate-Speed check.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Transform

Because my team is a prey to setup sweepers, Ditto make them regret.

Ninetales @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Hypnosis

A Fire Hypnosis abuser, yay !
Fire Blast is so dangerous under sun after a Nasty Plot that you don't need a check to Fire Types.
Energy Ball over Solarbeam for Blue Orb mons.

Politoed @ Swampertite
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Protect

Politoed is useful, but not really strong.
52 Speed EV to outspeed fully invested 140 Speed BS mons after mega-evolving and under rain.

If you have some advices, it would help me a lot !
Thanks !

At this point I've faced pretty much every high ladder player with this team based around blastoisinite hoopa-u, so I think it's about time I post it on the forums. It still works amazingly well mid ladder and it's a lot of fun to use.

Zapdos @ Sablenite
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Scizor @ Blue Orb
Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Magician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Entei @ Altarianite
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Deoxys-Speed @ Pinsirite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 172 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Superpower
- Thunder

Latios @ Lucarionite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Magician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Our first member is somewhat hard to use but it can be really effective with the right support. The idea is to somehow bring this in on slower mons and click dark pulse. Almost all offensive mons are OHKO'd by it and nearly all slower bulkier mons are 2HKO'd by it. You'll only ever need to click psyshock against fighting types and fairies, focus blast is there only for umbreon and nasty plot is there to beat blissey. At +2 dark pulse actually 2HKOs blissey.
Generally this tier has a big speed gap between uninvested base 90s and max speed base 128s, the only relevant mons inbetween are Entei, Zygarde and Raikou, which beat Hoopa-u anyway. This mon takes advantage of that gap by running just enough speed to speedcreep uninvested base 90s, like pdon by a couple of points. The extra hp evs alongside with the fact that its stone doesn't drop defenses, gives it some really respectable special bulk, which allows it to switch in to weaker specially attacking bulky mons and not be revenge killed as easily by strong special attackers.

Scizor @ Blue Orb
Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Roost

Hoopa-u's biggest weaknesses are strong physical attackers. This scizor set counters all physical pixilate abusers and weavile. It has some great synergy with hoopa-u in the form of u-turn providing safe switch-ins. Unlike skarmory, this mon is able to keep up the momentum and it doesn't get bopped by the occasional thunder lures.

Zapdos @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Zapdos counters most aerilate abusers Scizor doesn't deal with too well. It's also a good hazard control. This Scizor-Zapdos core can counter pretty much every -atespeed abuser while providing some excellent volt-turn support for Hoopa-u

Entei @ Altarianite
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Of course every team needs one of these. It doesn't really matter that this set is standard and predictable, since hoopa-u bops all of Entei's counters. The only common -atespeed abusers that can somewhat break the Zapdos-Scizor core are pinsirite Antei and Arcanine. We're therefore running no speed with a bulkier spread on this Entei to better check pinsirite Entei.

Latios @ Lucarionite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Thanks to our pixilate check, we can afford to run our next mon, which is an offensive check to mainly Keldeo, Thundurus and pdon. The lucarionite conveniently puts it just one base speed point above pidgeotite thundurus and two points above pidgeotite/gengarite Gengar. In terms of power, Draco meteor and Psyshock hit equally hard as a soul dew Latios would. The pre-mega levitate still helps it safely switch in on pdon, which draco OHKOs or 2HKOs depending on their spread. Psyshock still OHKOs gengarite Gengar at -2.

Deoxys-Speed @ Pinsirite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 172 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Superpower
- Thunder

Of course every team needs at least two e-speeders. The reason we're not going for any hazards on this team is that we're going to be switching around a lot thanks to the defensive volt-turn core. Keeping hazards off our side of the field is more important than keeping them on their side of the field and running defog along with a dedicated hazard lead is awkward. From team preview it would seem that this deoxys-s is our dedicated hazard lead, since no other mons on this team get any hazards. Instead we're running an offensive set that's meant to catch the opponent by surprise. it's a good late game win condition that can outspeed and pick off weakened opposing e-speeders. With its coverage it can pick off any weakened mon. There's enough bulk to reliably live any Entei's e-speed, while your e-speed 2HKOs it

All in all, this team has an incredible match up against most overused mons. Things to watch out for are e-killer Arceus, Kyogre and Mega-Kangaskhan. Arceus is beaten by scizor's superpower into one e-speed from deoxys-s. To beat kyogre and Mega-kangaskhan you basically have to sacrifice one mon to weaken them.

GoS has my permission to add this to the sample teams

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So, I was messing around with some low-tier mons and discovered some things that work quite well

Stunfisk @ Aggronite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Pain Split
- Curse
- Muddy Water

Only bad thing is lack of recovery

Eelektross @ Aggronite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Coil
- Drain Punch
- Flash Cannon
- Super Fang

This one. This thing has amazing bulk. Coil wil make your defense go up more and more as well as attack. Flash Cannon is for lacking good physical Steel move (That now is STAB). But it's rather to take a fairy-type hit and give it back. Drain Punch for recovery. Super Fang cuz if there are harder things to hit, lower their hp to the point you can knock them out.

Alomomola @ Sablenite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

165/130/95 bulk for ya'll

Sigilyph @ Sablenite
Ability: Wonder Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Roost
- Toxic
- Stored Power

B U L K. This thing is soooo annoying. You can't use status moves against it unless you are Mold Breaker. It will just keep boosting with Cosmic Power and recovering with roost as you die to poison.

Gourgeist-Super @ Red Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Synthesis
- Phantom Force
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp

Eh. Nice defs, nice atk.

Also, I made some sets for the starters and the burds, not sure if they are that good but:

Blastoise @ Aggronite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam

I've talked bout this one already

Feraligatr @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall

Set up one or two Ddances, then just attack whatever is in front of you. It's amazing.

Swampert @ Glalitite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch
- Return

Meh

Empoleon @ Cameruptite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam

It works... Kind of...

Samurott @ Metagrossite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Great physical set for Samu, now with Claws.

Greninja @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

I ran out of ideas when making this one

Venusaur @ Sablenite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

Bulk

Meganium @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Substitute

Bulk moar

Sceptile @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Double-Edge
- Leaf Blade
- Quick Attack

Meh honestly. Just run HP Fire bc aggronite users, the rest is just what you'd expect from an Altarianite Sceptile

Torterra @ Aggronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sand Tomb
- Protect
- Synthesis

Did I already mention that I like to bulk?

Serperior @ Red Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Basically Roserade.

Chesnaught @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Bulletproof
Adamant Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Payback
- Seed Bomb
- Poison Jab

Good defense? Check. Good typing? Not really. But as it's slow as hell, you at the least have a 100 BP STAB.

Charizard @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Inferno
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash

Just to burn everything

Typhlosion @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

It's literally Mega Zard Y with a better typing.

Blaziken @ Diancite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- High Jump Kick
- Blaze Kick
- Earthquake

Oh boi. Protect to give you speed before mega, then get yo stats really high. Just hope HJK doesn't miss.

Infernape @ Charizardite X
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blaze Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Overheat
- Protect

Clawz are good.

Emboar @ Scizorite
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Power-Up Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Wild Charge

I like this set. Could switch this with Nape's stones, both are great

Delphox @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Glass Cannon yeee

Pidgeot @ Lucarionite
Ability: Keen Eye
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Roost
Cuz why not

Noctowl @ Slowbronite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Night Shade
- Roost
- Air Slash
Stol

Swellow @ Diancite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Pursuit
Gotta go faster

Staraptor @ Lopunnite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
Wrecks everything

Unfezant (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Big Pecks
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Return
- Roost
- Quick Attack
Works fine

Talonflame @ Banettite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- U-turn

Best stall 2k16

Just want to point out that it's just how I use them. The sets are not recomended, this is not a sample team or anything like that, it's just some ideas.

hey peeps its beeen a while. honestly just visiting because i have absolutely NOTHING to do. i was planning to be gone for two years at least, but... sitting around is driving me insane.
so, some thoughts:

Salamence:
idk if its actually any good, but given how dominant megamence is in ubers, id suggest it warrants some experimenting with. idk, never used it. it has some interesting options, red orb, for example, however thats a jealously guarded stone that is kinda pricey. so idk.

Victini:
love it, dont think it warrants an A+
. dont have enough experience with the meta, just my initial reaction. as mentioned, red orb is a valued asset, so that set (its best, imo) indirectly loses some viability. idk, i just dont think being a super powerul wallbreaker in a meta full of them is that stand out. Maybe more like A/A-

Heatran:
should go up to A+. rather predeictable, yes (arguably), but so incredibly effective, it honestly warrants it.

Thunderus:
Add in loppunite for its options
. Super sick mixed wallbreaker that just straight up like, poops on blissey+mola.

Keldeo:
Defenitely move up to A+.
this thing is every bit as effective as it is in OU, if not moreso. its just terrifying. dont take it lightly or it will straight up destroy you. thank goodness its movepool isnt any bigger...

Weavile:
Add in lucarionite
. almost the exact same as glalitite, just a little faster, with a less powerful ice stab and a strongerdark one. honestly, i kinda like it better, but thats just personal preference. also it wastes less in SpA and puts it into Def, which is kinda nice.

Can I just point out the fact that i was talking about Cobalion clear back during the Lucario ban, (when it was even better, tbh) and everyone totally just blew it off? just saying.

Question for the public:
What are your thoughts about Voltturn in this meta? i found it to be very effective during the first OMOTM run, and am curious as to what you think. Likewise, any other common OU/Uber/whatever strategies, (birdspam, for example) that you have found to work well?

Also, people just need to relax about the Atespeed thing. obviously it is rather centralizing, but trying to completely balance out this meta is like trying to balance out gen 1 ou. its kinda just ridiculous to even consider. literally the point is to try to think of the most creative, insanely powerful megas you can imagine.

I found two more ways to beat altarianite entei. one is slowbronite tentacruel/qwilfish, that typing with the sheer def stat that slowbronite gives means entei isn't touching you. even a super effective bulldoze only does ~30%. I also tried latiasite but stone edge does more than bulldoze. the second mon is magcargo. giving magcargo a stone such as red orb or latiasite makes it pretty effective for beating entei because of that def stat, ancient power/earth power to threaten entei and recover. both of these mons suck though because arceus-water does this job better. might be worth adding them to viability rankings though. probably a low rank.

I found two more ways to beat altarianite entei. one is slowbronite tentacruel/qwilfish, that typing with the sheer def stat that slowbronite gives means entei isn't touching you. even a super effective bulldoze only does ~30%. I also tried latiasite but stone edge does more than bulldoze. the second mon is magcargo. giving magcargo a stone such as red orb or latiasite makes it pretty effective for beating entei because of that def stat, ancient power/earth power to threaten entei and recover. both of these mons suck though because arceus-water does this job better. might be worth adding them to viability rankings though. probably a low rank.
Adding to Slowbronite Tentacruel...
0+ SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 260-308 (70 - 83%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Entei Bulldoze vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Tentacruel: 106-126 (29.2 - 34.7%) -- 6.1% chance to 3HKO

And the Qwilfish...
252+ Atk Entei Bulldoze vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 90-108 (27 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (assuming that you were already evo'd when you switched in)
0 SpA Qwilfish Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 192-228 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don't agree with Latiasite or red orb Magcargo being an Entei check however as it can get 2hko'd by stone edge, while needing to give up some bulk into SpA to do something to Entei (for Latiasites case). The only thing that will allow these to survive is if they miss while recover stalling, and there are no crits.
252+ Atk Entei Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 220+ Def Magcargo: 150-178 (49.5 - 58.7%) -- 69.1% chance to 2HKO
40 SpA Magcargo Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 186-220 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed

252+ Atk Entei Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Magcargo: 156-184 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Magcargo Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 206-244 (55.5 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)