M&M Mix and Mega

Probably because it doesn't learn Brave Bird.
SMH KRIS WHY U NINJA

I would personally consider running a mixed Archeops with Diancite; it hits 200/172/170 offensive stats and it's a shame to let those mixed attacking stats go to waste.

Archeops @ Diancite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA or 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature / Naive Nature
- Earthquake / Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Head Smash / Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Heat Wave / Aerial Ace / Bounce or Fly

oo: defog, outrage, dragon claw, quick attack, crunch

this is a set i just made up real quick. The Flying stab is really too weak to do much tbh, it's only equivalent to a base 90 off-stab move (or is two-turned) so it can be thrown out unless you really want that coverage.

Items
[15:49:41] *TIBot: Pinsirite 68.684% | Salamencite 14.886% | Diancite 3.740% | Charizardite X 3.424% | Aerodactylite 2.612% | Galladite 1.252% | Scizorite 1.132% | Other 4.270%

Moves
[15:51:14] *TIBot: Return 84.371% | Earthquake 78.181% | Quick Attack 72.331% | Head Smash 66.115% | Stone Edge 28.000% | U-turn 13.132% | Hone Claws 12.992% | Stealth Rock 10.363% | Dragon Claw 4.385% | Rock Slide 4.133% | Knock Off 3.476% | Roost 2.904% | Other 19.615%

Spreads
[15:52:18] *TIBot: Jolly:0/252/0/0/4/252 91.847% | Hasty:0/252/0/4/0/252 2.935% | Jolly:0/252/4/0/0/252 2.851% | Other 2.368%
Earth Power may be used in place of Earthquake to kill physical walls such as P-don

I call this one the Spanish inquisition, because nobody expects it!
and because it isn't a good idea

Kingdra @ Aggronite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Iron Head
- Dragon Dance

On mega evolution, it gains completely new weaknesses, allowing you to get a free dragon dance. It also gets stab iron Head.

For what reason? There are work arounds. Steel type Pokemon and magic bounce prevent the toxic stall variants while Ghost types are immune to quick attack. There are also various mold breaker Pokemon that break sturdy down, so sash has to be used if you want to run fear. Here, more than most places, imo, we can take care of FEAR. I see no reason to ban it.

Why should they be banned?
They aren't a problem in other Metagames and in this they can't even abuse mega Stones, they don't seem ban worthy.
I don't think I have ever encountered a fear mon neither in ladder or in tournaments
I did face a fear-like team in the last mix-n-mega tourney and it had all of the sturdy mons like sawk and magnezone. It might be just me, but the name of the metagame is "Mix and Mega", not "FEAR and Mega."

But again this is just my opinion.

Also just want post some sets that I don't know were already posted on here.

Shazam
Xurkitree @ Blue Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

and

sike

Manaphy @ Sceptilite
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Dragon]

I find sike to be the best one as it gets rid of Manaphy's electric weakness and baits any electric move. It also makes grass and ice neutral. sike is also dumb speedy having with this set a speed of 383.

Downsides are making ice neutral, so freeze-dry are gonna hurt like a truck and you gain the fairy and dragon weakness especially with the altarianite mons out there.

Shazam is just tail glow and Thunder forever. Energy Ball if any ground type comes in, and volt switch for the pivot.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Not to be an annoyance, but is anything ever gonna be done about Naganadel? I know that the focus on it has been shifted since the new unbans, but I still think Naganadel is unhealthy in general, considering that not a lot can successfully wall it or be able to revenge it.

And even if you say that it's easy to revenge Diancite Naganadel, I still think that the other Naganadel sets are threats to consider. Red Orb and Lucarionite are sets that I've seen being used on Nagandel, and both are tough to deal with in their own right. Even if Shaymin-Sky is a reliable way to stop Naganadel, that doesn't help much since Shaymin-Sky is one pokemon, and is really at home in Bulky Offense. Darkrai is also nice as a revenge kill option, but unfortunately, the meta just isn't nice towards dark-types. One other issue with Naganadel in general is that it has forced Blue Orb Steels to become a reliable way to try walling, and even then, on the Red Orb Set, this isn't a given, since Red Orb Sets can and should exclusively run Thunderbolt over Draco Meteor. So we face an ever shrinking set of Blue Orb Steels that can successfully wall Naganadel.

If you argue that Blue Orb Steels resurging is a natural course of event, I would naturally agree, but the fact that Naganadel is around and has kinda caused this resurgence is a sign of unhealthiness to it. Consider this- before all these bans and unbans, Naganadel's presence did not encourage Blue Orb Steels to come out of the woodwork. But now that the things that the community considered problems are out of the way, Naganadel is free to take the spotlight of being a very strong offensive pokemon, and as a result, has caused these Blue Orb steels to come out. Ultimately, I have to ask, if Blue Orb steels becoming a little more common is natural, why didn't it happen before? Why is it now when Naganadel is free to stand alone as a feared offensive threat that these sets have to come out?

tl;dr for the lazy people not willing to read three paragraphs: I think something should be done about Naganadel.

Not to be an annoyance, but is anything ever gonna be done about Naganadel? I know that the focus on it has been shifted since the new unbans, but I still think Naganadel is unhealthy in general, considering that not a lot can successfully wall it or be able to revenge it.

And even if you say that it's easy to revenge Diancite Naganadel, I still think that the other Naganadel sets are threats to consider. Red Orb and Lucarionite are sets that I've seen being used on Nagandel, and both are tough to deal with in their own right. Even if Shaymin-Sky is a reliable way to stop Naganadel, that doesn't help much since Shaymin-Sky is one pokemon, and is really at home in Bulky Offense. Darkrai is also nice as a revenge kill option, but unfortunately, the meta just isn't nice towards dark-types. One other issue with Naganadel in general is that it has forced Blue Orb Steels to become a reliable way to try walling, and even then, on the Red Orb Set, this isn't a given, since Red Orb Sets can and should exclusively run Thunderbolt over Draco Meteor. So we face an ever shrinking set of Blue Orb Steels that can successfully wall Naganadel.

If you argue that Blue Orb Steels resurging is a natural course of event, I would naturally agree, but the fact that Naganadel is around and has kinda caused this resurgence is a sign of unhealthiness to it. Consider this- before all these bans and unbans, Naganadel's presence did not encourage Blue Orb Steels to come out of the woodwork. But now that the things that the community considered problems are out of the way, Naganadel is free to take the spotlight of being a very strong offensive pokemon, and as a result, has caused these Blue Orb steels to come out. Ultimately, I have to ask, if Blue Orb steels becoming a little more common is natural, why didn't it happen before? Why is it now when Naganadel is free to stand alone as a feared offensive threat that these sets have to come out?

tl;dr for the lazy people not willing to read three paragraphs: I think something should be done about Naganadel.
I don't find Naganadel to be all that much of a problem, honestly. Yes, it is a good revenge killer, but you acknowledged yourself that it itself can be very easy to revenge kill. The thing that I find that makes Diancite Naganadel so threatening is it's Speed in conjunction with it's newly boosted Special Attack. However, it's defenses fall considerably, and Priority is quite easy to come by.

As for other sets, the opposite is true. Oddly enough, 121 base Speed from using Red Orb is kind of slow in a metagame like this. Any Diancite user will outspeed it, as would any scarfer, or even some other stones occasionally, allowing it to be revenge killed in that way too.

As for your question about Blue Orb Steels, they have always been a thing, like Ferrothorn or Skarmory (albeit, the former is better than the latter here), as they had their Pokemon to check, and they did so effectively. With Naganadel in the metagame, they simply have one more Pokemon to check. That doesn't exactly indicate that it is broken or unhealthy. It would be a different story if you could prove the entire metagame is shifting to handle Naganadel. However, your example is simply taking an already viable set for various Pokemon, and showing that their usage is going up. That is natural and not something broken. Again, it would also be a different story if said set was unviable in general, but that is also untrue.

All in all, the metagame seems to have balanced Naganadel into the metagame, putting it into a place where the mon is good but not broken.

I don't find Naganadel to be all that much of a problem, honestly. Yes, it is a good revenge killer, but you acknowledged yourself that it itself can be very easy to revenge kill. The thing that I find that makes Diancite Naganadel so threatening is it's Speed in conjunction with it's newly boosted Special Attack. However, it's defenses fall considerably, and Priority is quite easy to come by.

As for other sets, the opposite is true. Oddly enough, 121 base Speed from using Red Orb is kind of slow in a metagame like this. Any Diancite user will outspeed it, as would any scarfer, or even some other stones occasionally, allowing it to be revenge killed in that way too.

As for your question about Blue Orb Steels, they have always been a thing, like Ferrothorn or Skarmory (albeit, the former is better than the latter here), as they had their Pokemon to check, and they did so effectively. With Naganadel in the metagame, they simply have one more Pokemon to check. That doesn't exactly indicate that it is broken or unhealthy. It would be a different story if you could prove the entire metagame is shifting to handle Naganadel. However, your example is simply taking an already viable set for various Pokemon, and showing that their usage is going up. That is natural and not something broken. Again, it would also be a different story if said set was unviable in general, but that is also untrue.

All in all, the metagame seems to have balanced Naganadel into the metagame, putting it into a place where the mon is good but not broken.
The issue with revenging Diancite Naganadel is that priority is expected and usually very well prepared for currently. Being forced to revenge Naga with priority doesn't do you any favors momentum wise in a match, in fact it will most likely shift the momentum away from you and give the advantage to the opponent. Being forced to run two specific mons and sets to check Naganadel offensively allows your opponent to know what is coming then deal with and capitalize on the situation much easier than dealing with other offensive threats.

Red Orb Naga is easier to handle offensively, but defensively it becomes much harder to handle. Your usual check to red orbers such as Venusaurite Gliscor takes far more than it would like from a mon that it was intended to check (33 to 40 unboosted and 67-79 at +2). Because of this you could be put in a situation where you lose a mon every time Naga comes in safely, which isn't fun to deal with defensively.

The Blue orb steel that is most commonly been forced to be run now to deal with Naganadel is Magearna, a set that is far less optimal than its other sets. This isn't usage for an already viable set rising, this is usage for a set that is incredibly niche and unviable or suboptimal outside of hardwalling non Red Orb variants of Naganadel. Ferrothorn only checks Naga so far since its recovery is limited to Leech Seed which can be countered by Magic Bounce and fails to check Naga if the Naganadel switches in on Ferro, thus leaving it and possibly the rest of your team as a sitting duck. Skarmory isn't even that great in this meta or at checking any Naganadel at all since it usually prefers to be physically defensive and takes 45 to 53 from unboosted Diancite Draco Meteor.

I haven't formed an opinion on whether Naganadel is broken or not in the current metagame, I haven't played it or the meta in general enough to make a solid decision on it. I do though think that this discussion is warranted and that an eye should be kept on Naga as time passes and the meta continues to shift. It is an exceptionally good threat that I don't think is completely balanced in the metagame, but I am not sure whether it is unbalanced enough to be suspected or banned.

Last edited:
I can't say I have any knowledge about this meta, but it looks like Naganadel can be kept in control to me. In standard metagame, it was placed in Ubers tiering due the very limited counterplay - from access to Nasty Plot and coverage to hit every single Pokémon at least for neutral damage while hitting majority supereffectively. To put it in other words, it literally has everything it needs to threaten the whole metagame in one moveset.

At the first glance, Naganadel sounds even scarier to deal with when its offensive capabilities are complemented by boosts from Mega Stones (from Mix and Mega mechanics through Mega Evolution). But similarly to Ubers and Balanced Hackmons tier, I commonly see it being kept in check with priority moves - while pairing Naganadel with Tapu Lele solves this theoretical weakness, this is where Steel-types come in. While it is apparently hard to justify use of Blue Orb on Steel-types to grant them immunity to Fire-type attacks, they make great checks to most Nagandel variants I have seen. Sablenite Blissey also seems to have a chance taking it on with right moveset. Shortly, Naganadel is undoubtedly a dreadful threat, I believe there are sufficient counterplays - that is, assuming it doesn't restrict teambuilding to a degree where preparing against it leads to bad matchup and performance against rest of the threats.

Again, I just started playing OMs and while I may be active with it, I fail to understand philosophies of suspect testing and considering whether a Pokémon is inherently unbalanced or broken. Feel free to delete this post if needed be, but I have decided to drop an opinion from a stranger if you needed one.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I can't say I have any knowledge about this meta, but it looks like Naganadel can be kept in control to me. In standard metagame, it was placed in Ubers tiering due the very limited counterplay - from access to Nasty Plot and coverage to hit every single Pokémon at least for neutral damage while hitting majority supereffectively. To put it in other words, it literally has everything it needs to threaten the whole metagame in one moveset.

At the first glance, Naganadel sounds even scarier to deal with when its offensive capabilities are complemented by boosts from Mega Stones (from Mix and Mega mechanics through Mega Evolution). But similarly to Ubers and Balanced Hackmons tier, I commonly see it being kept in check with priority moves - while pairing Naganadel with Tapu Lele solves this theoretical weakness, this is where Steel-types come in. While it is apparently hard to justify use of Blue Orb on Steel-types to grant them immunity to Fire-type attacks, they make great checks to most Nagandel variants I have seen. Sablenite Blissey also seems to have a chance taking it on with right moveset. Shortly, Naganadel is undoubtedly a dreadful threat, I believe there are sufficient counterplays - that is, assuming it doesn't restrict teambuilding to a degree where preparing against it leads to bad matchup and performance against rest of the threats.

Again, I just started playing OMs and while I may be active with it, I fail to understand philosophies of suspect testing and considering whether a Pokémon is inherently unbalanced or broken. Feel free to delete this post if needed be, but I have decided to drop an opinion from a stranger if you needed one.
I have personally found that on offensive playstyles a core of fast attacker + -atespeeder works against Naganadel and isn't limiting in the slightest. Because Diancite Nagan is so weak to priority you don't really need to outspeed it, and given the common stones on Nagan ([13:33:37] *TIBot: Diancite 67.160% | Lucarionite 12.615% | Pidgeotite 9.743% | Red Orb 6.187% | Other 4.295%) which happens to correlate with the stones on the viability rankings it appears that the fastest you need to actually outspeed is base 143 (Lucarionite).

First off: calcs for priority against Diancite Naganadel.
252+ Atk Pixilate Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 420-495 (146.3 - 172.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Altarianite)
252+ Atk Aerilate Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 399-469 (139 - 163.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Pinsirite)
252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 422-500 (147 - 174.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Glalitite)
252+ Atk Aerilate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 432-508 (150.5 - 177%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Pinsirite)
252 Atk Aerilate Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 403-475 (140.4 - 165.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Pinsirite)
252 Atk Refrigerate Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 566-666 (197.2 - 232%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Glalitite)

all kill easily

252 Atk Arceus-Ghost Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 191-225 (66.5 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Golisopod Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel in Heavy Rain: 156-184 (54.3 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

these don't tho

The Speed tiers resource look a bit outdated but here are some things which outspeed that
-Shaymin-Sky @ Diancite 187 (252 SpA Shaymin-Sky Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 324-382 (112.8 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO) ALSO OUTSPEEDS DIANCITE
-Naganadel @ Diancite 181 (252 SpA Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 722-852 (251.5 - 296.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
-Blacephalon @ Diancite 167 (252 SpA Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 246-289 (85.7 - 100.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
-Tapu Lele @ Diancite 155 (252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel in Psychic Terrain: 758-894 (264.1 - 311.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
-Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite 152 (252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 214-252 (74.5 - 87.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
-Deoxys-Attack 150 (252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 324-382 (112.8 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
-Kartana @ Metagrossite 149 (252 Atk Tough Claws Kartana Smart Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 216-255 (75.2 - 88.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
-Terrakion @ Metagrossite 148 (252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 248-294 (86.4 - 102.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
-Weavile @ Glalitite 145 (252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 504-594 (175.6 - 206.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
-Xerneas @ Choice Scarf 99 (252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 294-346 (102.4 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO)

So basically in sum: there are a number of answers to each Naganadel set which are common and easy to slot onto most offensive teams. I have made 0 comment on defensive counterplay and I'm not going to; I'm also not going to draw conclusions about whether or not it's banworthy. But imo it has sufficient offensive counterplay.

EDIT: I feel like I didn't drive my main point home, which is that these are things which naturally find themselves on most teams that aren't Stall or Semistall. Running an -ate-speeder and a fast thing is... well the question imo is why wouldn't you on any form of offense, regardless of whether Naganadel is in the meta or not.

Also final final thought but Lele + Nagan seems very threatening in theory, as it completely eliminates priority and almost nothing outspeeds Diancite Naganadel, but I can't say I've seen it in practice. That might just be me not playing enough though.

Last edited:
I'm just curious, can you guys think of any pokemon other than Stakataka/Magearna that can survive a 200 Base, 252+, Adaptability, Head Smash?

(Rampardos is really fun even if Weavile and Scizor beat it flat out.)

I'm just curious, can you guys think of any pokemon other than Stakataka/Magearna that can survive a 200 Base, 252+, Adaptability, Head Smash?

252+ Atk Adaptability Rampardos Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 282-334 (84.6 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
!!!

Groundceus, Hippowdon, Zygarde-C, and Aggronite Mew are 4 common defensive Pokémon that can switch into and wall this Pokémon. There are more that beat head smash, but these beat all of rampardos's attacks.

Sample teams should be worked on, and I want to post a sample team of my own so here it is: Ditto and the Bulky Balanced Bunch

Whether this is considered stall could maybe be up for debate, simply because of how bulky this team is, and because of the fact that every mon runs a recovery move (except Ditto lol). But this team doesn't rely on hazards, status, or PP stalling. And on this team, there's only 2 status moves that can really affect the opposing team (Skarmory's Toxic and Arceus' Perish Song), and the ratio of the status to attacking moves is 1:1 (when you don't count Ditto's Transform).

The main plan when using this team changes depending on the team you're facing. Against teams that rely more on offense, the plan is to survive their hits and hit back. Ditto is always in the back if an opposing mon sets up to the point that you won't be able to survive a hit, but you should always be smart about what mon u sack before you bring in Ditto, and MAKE SURE you aren't too passive because a Substitute can probably screw you over. Now against the more defensive teams, it's a lot simpler. Just support and make sure that Arceus and Groudon stay healthy enough to be able to do their duties. And if it ever comes down to it, you'll be able to outstall with Ditto. Imo, when played safely and decently, this team shouldn't lose to teams with bad overall synergy.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

For Mix and Mega, B+ rank is the lowest rank I'd personally feel comfortable placing Ditto in. This team started out with Ditto (as do all my other teams in every meta that I play), and this one was built around it. Ditto's presence alone really helps the rest of this team out. The resistances and the overall bulk that this team has will pretty much force your opponent to set up to try and break it. On the other hand, Ditto makes the opponent hesitate to set up (assuming your opponent is competent), or it should in most cases.

Try to play as safe as possible with Ditto.

The EVs are standard and the IVs give Ditto Hidden Power Ice. Also, keep in mind: THE HAPPINESS IS SET TO 0. I recommend changing it to 255 once in a while. Maybe you should change the happiness before you even use this team. The mind games get real on the ladder. The average person uses Return, smart people use Frustration, and geniuses use Return. Try to stay ahead of the curve, and just to make sure, look at your Ditto's happiness before deciding to click on either Frustration or Return... because "mistakes will happen" is what I've learned.

Thing Two (Skarmory) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

This is the Defogger. Cleanly counters Weavile (unlike Blue Orb Skarms). Checks loads of other things. Not much else to say. +40 Defence and Thick Fat is nice.

252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Skarmory: 128-152 (38.3 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Skarmory in Harsh Sunshine: 122-146 (36.5 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

If Venusaurite Skarmory is already mega'd then it can afford to stay in on a Ho-Oh, Entei, Arcanine, or any other physical Fire-type attacker. Toxic and Roost up against them all you like. But be vewy vewy careful of Pdons. They may carry Lava Plume or Overheat, and even from a negative nature, those could hurt.

0- SpA Groudon-Primal Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Skarmory in Harsh Sunshine: 182-216 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- SpA Groudon-Primal Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Skarmory in Harsh Sunshine: 290-344 (86.8 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Thing One (Blissey) @ Sablenite
Ability: Healer
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Toss out Seismic Toss and get with the Psywave dudes! Who wants to be setup bait for Ghost-types? Not this Blissey! And compared to Seismic Toss, Psywave applies a lot more pressure on an opposing mon. You may get a low roll here and there, but do you think most of your opponents would like to take the risk of receiving a high roll. I also feel true happiness when I get a humongous roll, even when it doesn't matter much in securing a game.

Passive Blisseys are easily taken advantage of by most good players, so I run 2 attacking moves, and Ice Beam is the other move of choice. It can be used to deal with a Non-Red Orb Naganadel, a Non-Red Orb Shaymin-S, a Zygarde that wants to setup, and a polite Landorus that you can trust to not explode right in front of you. You can also fish for freeze with Ice Beam too. I used to run Stoss and Shadow Ball, but then there was this one game I had against stresh fart... He brought a Rayquaza in on my Blissey, setup, used Dragon Ascent 2 times, killed my Blissey, I came in with Ditto, I had to use Extreme Speed, I killed Rayquaza, he brought in Metagross, I tried to switch out, he killed my Ditto with Pursuit, and then I proceeded to lose the game.

Anyways, Blissey is the status healer and main special attack sponge.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Recover

This Arceus is 1 of the 2 stall breakers on this team and it acts as a backup physical wall for Skarmory and Kyurem. Trap with Whirlpool then kill with Perish Song. You can do this to any non-Ghost-type mon that doesn't have U-turn/Volt Switch/Parting Shot, a phasing move, or a Red Orb. Most Ghost-type mons in MnM are naturally threatened by Judgement though. This is an ez way to get rid of bulky mons like Blissey, and other support Arceus forms. But if an opposing Arceus is also running Whirlpool, then you'll go down with them, but luckily no one else uses Arceus like this in MnM. I learned about this Arceus tactic from an Ubers player back in the ORAS times, and since then I haven't seen more than 3 players use it in MnM. This Arceus tactic has always been really helpful, and Arceus has never been dead weight against any team I've played.

In MnM, the 2 best Arceus forms to use this tactic with are Ghost and Ground. With Groundceus, Red Orb mons (that are immune to Whirlpool) would be wary of switching in on you, as most of them take supereffective damage from EQ and none of them (except Noivern and Tornadus) are immune to EQ. Groundceus can also Perish trap Volt Switchers (like Magearna and most Zapdos) with the help of another mon that's immune to Electric-type moves. Waterceus, Fairyceus and Darkceus can be somewhat decent at using this tactic too. But I personally think that if you aren't using your Arceus as a Defogger, but just as a check/wall to some mons, then you should definitely give this tactic a try.

I've used Groundceus for the longest time, and I've only recently switched to using Ghostceus. While it would be fun to Perish trap Magearnas with the help of Groudon again, the reason I use Ghostceus now is because it gets threatened by less of the more prominent mons that Groundceus did. Golisopod would switch in on my Whirlpool before, and then Groundceus would have to switch out, but not anymore. Now that Golisopod is dead!!! Having a more reliable check to Kartana is great now too. Skarmory being my only check to it made me feel as though my team could easily be broken down from heavy pressure by Kartana with a Lando or Metagross.

Kyurem @ Audinite
Ability: Pressure
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

THIS KYUREM IS SO GOOD! Extremely bulky and strong.
HP: 125 ATK: 130 DEF: 130 SPATK: 150 SPDEF: 130 SPE: 95

It's a check to Golisopod, Keldeo, Raikou, Terrakion, Victini, Volcarona, Lucarionite Zygarde/-Complete, Rayquaza and some more. Nobody uses Kyurem though, and when they do, they don't use Audinite. I started playing MnM in XY, and to this day, I've only seen 1 other person use it, while I've used this on many of my teams since then. And ever since Gengarite Gengar was banned, Audinite Kyurem has been an irreplaceable member of my main team too (which is this one btw).

I like to compare Audinite Kyurem to Giratina. They check a lot of the same mons. I can't tell which has a better defensive typing though. And because of Scrappy, being immune to to Fighting-type moves may not always be better than just being resistant to it. Giratina is sliiiiightly bulkier. Kyurem has better recovery. Kyurem has better offensive stats. Giratina has a priority move. Giratina doesn't have to Mega Evolve... but Kyurem seems like a better overall mon to me, and it definitely fits this team better.

(Because it was a Ghost-type, I had to settle for Giratina back when Gengarite Gengar was legal. It's EVs were 252/252+SpDef and I always switched it on Gengars to scout and avoid getting perish trapped by the Gengars that setup Substitutes first. If the Gengar was Pidgeotite, then I would switch Blissey in and use Shadow Ball to kill it.)

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Rest

This is the more traditional stall breaker of the team, and the main check to Magearna and Red Ord Naganadel. Pdon with Swords Dance and EdgeQuake coverage is known for being lethal I guess. Not much else to add. I started out with Stone Edge instead of Smack Down though. With Smack Down, as long as Skarmory is alive and above 41%, there is no need to worry about opposing Ditto :)

+2 0 Atk Groudon-Primal Smack Down vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 57-68 (17 - 20.3%) -- possible 5HKO

Smack Down has 10x better accuracy than Stone Edge and is also better against Latiasite mons so yeh. Rest is for longevity which is needed for Pdon against stallier teams. Blissey quickly wakes Pdon up too which is great.

Why is Pdon not invested in Attack? It doesn't need it really.

+2 0 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (Sablenite) Hippowdon: 214-253 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (Sablenite) Hippowdon: 271-321 (64.5 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Both are are guaranteed 2HKOs anyways, and the +SpDef is really helpful. But out of all the bulky physical walls and special walls, Hippowdon is the one that this team will have to spend the most time on trying to get rid of. And the reason isn't because it's the physically bulkiest, as Sablenite Cresselia and Aggronite Buzzwole are (the only 2 common) mons that beat it in this case, but it's because of Whirlwind. Yeah this Pdon can't reliably 2HKO Cresselia or Buzzwole, but Ghostceus has no trouble taking care of them. Against Hippowdons it'll probabably take longer than expected but it's definitely doable. Use Ghostceus smartly and then there's also freezehax and Ditto to rely on if it ever has to come down to being a long game. Hippowdon's not very popular so I don't have enough experience and knowledge to give good advice to use against it, and this is honestly just me making theories. (Idk, it could be not as tedious as I'm making it out to be.)

I'd say that the biggest single offensive threats to this team are Metagrossite/Lucarionite Bisharp with Swords Dance and Metagrossite/Lucarionite Hoopa-U with Gunk Shot + Focus Punch Coverage. I can revenge with Ditto, but these mons would be very threatening to this team if they were used right and if they had proper support. I'm really just assuming though, since the only 1 I've really had problems with was Lucarionite Hoopa-U. I'm pretty sure that the person using it was a good player, but their team was slightly lacking in S Y N E R G Y. They weren't using any meme mons, and the only other uncommon mon they were using was a Altarianite Archeops (which really caught me offguard too). I did end up beating them though.

When using this team, always try to safely get all of your mons mega'd up as soon as you possibly can. I usually lead with Kyurem, because with a Dragon/Fairy typing it can actually safely switch in on so many more attacks than it can with a Dragon/Ice typing. But half of the time, you should lead with either Blissey or Skarm. And if the opponent has a Shuckle, then you should lead with either Skarmory or Kyurem (and maybe even Ditto if they don't appear to have a Defogger and you think that Stealth Rocks could really aid you against the opposing team).

There aren't much replays that really show how great this team is, and that's because I don't save replays frequently. I really only save replays when my opponent gets extremely salty, and that hasn't happened recently. Older replays won't be that reflective of the current MnM meta AND my team, since I've also just recently switched Groundceus with Ghostceus. I searched my name up and there were only 2 replays that I could use:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-725325545
I lost this game to racool's really well-made balance team. Close game and I coulda won if I took a lil more time to think about a few of my moves. More specifically, on turn 36, instead of Kyurem, I shoulda brought out Ghostceus. That woulda secured me the win even if she brought out Terrakion first.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-725468632
This game against mihawk349's balance team actually went to 110 turns. That's extremely long compared to most of the other games I play, and it didn't really need to be that long. After killing his Magearna on turn 45, both Ghostceus and Pdon were at low health, and I needed at least 1 of them to be healthy for me to quickly end the game. His team still couldn't touch my team at that point too, so the game just turned into me finding good moments to heal Ghostceus up or getting to Pdon rest up on his Blissey. I'm assuming my opponent was praying for a stupid misclick though.

That's all and thanks for reading.

[Edit:] I totally forgot about Pinsirite Magearna. With Pain Split and Substitute, it is definitely the most threatening mon to this team... https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-726836037
I'd say to win against it you should try your best to keep it from having a sub up. That'll be difficult though, so expect to lose a mon or 2... and Ghostceus will now be the new switch-in for every Magearna that I don't already know the Mega Stone of... because I don't want to take any chances.

[Edit #2:] Mandibuzz with U-turn and Foul Play can't be quickly removed by Arceus or Pdon. To remove it you have to use stallier and less braindead methods. If it's not Sablenite, Skarm can Toxic it and Arceus can switch in and Whirlpool repeatedly to catch something and/or maybe get rid of the Heal Bell user on the other other team (you can also just wait out the 8 PP of HB/AT). Another option is to use Ice Beam with Kyurem or Blissey, get freeze possibly, and just outlive it. Idk. It all just depends on the Mandibuzz set that you're dealing with. It's another one of those good mons that's not on the VR or on the ladder much.

Last edited:

ZeroPlasmaFist

Banned deucer.
hello first post on smogon so i'd like evaluation on my team
here it is:
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 100 HP / 216 Def / 96 SpA / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 144 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Defog

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
EVs: 208 HP / 244 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Return

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb/Stone Edge
- Lava Plume

Blissey @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Psywave
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
qt has already looked at it but i'd like more opinions

Last edited:
hello first post on smogon so i'd like evaluation on my team
here it is:
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 100 HP / 216 Def / 96 SpA / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Defog

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
EVs: 208 HP / 244 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Return

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb/Stone Edge
- Lava Plume

Blissey @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Psywave
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
qt has already looked at it but i'd like more opinions
Seems fairly interesting, but you do lack some features of balance that a team must have. First off, you lack counterplay to Lucarionite Zygarde and Terrakion, both of which can be extremely annoying if they get behind a sub (and in the case of Terrakion, comes in on your Blissey).

Your Groudon-Primal set looks weird - along side this, your team also lacks a reliable Stealth Rock setter. There are a few things I would recommend here:

Give Skarmory Stealth Rock > Defog
Change Skarmory's EV spread to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, Impish Nature

The following changes give you the ability to set Stealth Rock, chipping away at your opponent if they can't pull off a Magic Bounce mega evolution in time, or are pressured by Pokemon like Groudon-Primal.

Change Groudon-Primal's set to this:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Eruption / Overheat
- Swords Dance / Stealth Rock
- Smack Down / Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades

Groudon-Primal helps with this team by giving it a solid answer to bulky team archetypes, especially vs common checks such as non U-turn variants of Gliscor, Arceus-Ground, and Hippowdon. The second set here is incase you opt for the second set of changes I can suggest.

Change Arceus-Steel for mono-attacking Arceus-Fairy:

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover

Arceus-Fairy gives you counterplay against Zygarde and Terrakion, albeit removing some counterplay vs Tapu Lele, which may become a problem due to it blocking Zygarde's priority.

OR

Change Arceus-Steel for Iron Defense Arceus-Water, and change Skarmory for Pinsirite Magearna:

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Toxic

Magearna @ Pinsirite
Ability: Soul-Heart
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Shift Gear
- (Heal Bell / Substitute / Iron Defense)
- Pain Split

Likewise, the changes above help you vs Zygarde, however, this is a more offense based strategy that might be a bit more to your tastes. Iron Defense Arceus-Water helps you to counter threats such as Groudon-Primal, which take a bit more counterplay in the first set of changes. Magearna also helps with the Tapu Lele problem, however, due to these changes, you are relying on Zygarde to check Terrakion. That's why I strongly recommend to use Heal Bell on Magearna - whilst usually suboptimal, Heal Bell helps lift the weight off of Blissey and allows it to pass Wishes to its teammates. Magearna is also a surprisingly good stallbreaker - vs teams that do not use Zapdos, it is able to set up on a myriad of threats, that would otherwise be problematic to this team, such as Toxic variants of Arceus-Ground and Gliscor. Shift Gear also makes for a competent offense sweeper, especially vs balance teams that do not have a special Flying resist.

Small nitpicks:
Zygarde could do with 216 Spe instead of 208 - this helps Zygarde outspeed Adamant base 90s from neutral, helping it check out of hand Groudon-Primal.

Importables:

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Defog

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Toxic

Zygarde @ Altarianite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Return

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Precipice Blades
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance

Blissey @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Psywave
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Toxic

Magearna @ Pinsirite
Ability: Soul-Heart
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Shift Gear
- Heal Bell
- Pain Split

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Defog

Zygarde @ Altarianite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Return

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Blissey @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Psywave
- Protect
- Toxic

there
SAMPLE TEAMS

Rules for Posting:
  • Be sure to test the team you post in tournaments and on the ladder. This isn't an absolute rule, but teams should have reached at least top 20 in the ladder, and a GXE of 70+ shouldn't be too much to ask for.
  • Be sure this team is easy to pick up on and newer players can still use it and learn. Your team could be amazing, the best ever, but if it's too hard to play with unless you're experienced, it's not going to be allowed.
  • Posting replays also will help people see how to play with your team (not required, but is recommended.)
  • Follow the proper format when posting. I'll fix minor errors, but don't make me completely rewrite it.
Format for posting:

Playstyle (offense, stall, etc)
Team export (in hide tags)
Short description on how the team works.

Sample Teams:

-Quantum Tesseract's Shuckle Webs

-Chazm's Naganadel+Keldeo Balance

-Chazm's Chronology (trick Room Magearna + Victini Balance)

-Quantum Tesseract's Z-Geomancy Xerneas + Ultra Necrozma Balance

-Chazm's Necro-DM + Regen Balance
these all banned now

ZeroPlasmaFist

Banned deucer.
i think it's funny how magearna's worst two stats are speed and attack and chazm's asking me to run a fast physical sweeper ( i'm not denying the utitlity though).

also, isn't judgment or earth power better than ice beam, judgment for power stab(even if resisted it can equal neutral ice beam in power) and earth power to counter mons that don't get affected by toxic

ZeroPlasmaFist

Banned deucer.
Can we unban mray in MnM? i think the meta has adapted well enough and probably could handle it with -ate users, Pdon, Arceus etc.

Can we unban mray in MnM? i think the meta has adapted well enough and probably could handle it with -ate users, Pdon, Arceus etc.
It's not going to happen. Mega Rayquaza is still entirely broken in Mix and Mega, both in terms of sheer power and in terms of unpredictability. It has no counters, is hard to revenge kill, and can fill almost all offensive roles to great effect.

ZeroPlasmaFist

Banned deucer.
It's not going to happen. Mega Rayquaza is still entirely broken in Mix and Mega, both in terms of sheer power and in terms of unpredictability. It has no counters, is hard to revenge kill, and can fill almost all offensive roles to great effect.
a lot of other pokemon can reach stats similar to mray's and with even more speed, zygarde can 2ko with espeed and can bulk most physical moves mray gets. it'll either go for dascent or earthquake, because those are the only moves that don't get resisted.

a lot of other pokemon can reach stats similar to mray's and with even more speed, zygarde can 2ko with espeed and can bulk most physical moves mray gets. it'll either go for dascent or earthquake, because those are the only moves that don't get resisted.
but mray not only has those stats but unlike other mons can run the mega and an other item, normal rayquaza is already hard to switch into, mray would just do too much damage for the tier, its access to sword dance makes its wallbreaking power even Greater and even if it can be rkilled by altarianite zyg, after not much chip it is already in range of +2 espeed, also its Typing let it sword dance on some mons like defensive pdon, toxapex, gliscor, defensive ho-oh if u don't get burnt, golisopod, blissey, diancite shaymin, groundceus and others or just sword dancing while forcing out them... the only check I can see is venusaurite zapdos but even there some niche set with outrage could still surpass it
Offensively:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Altarianite Zygarde: 237-279 (66.2 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 230-270 (51.8 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega V-create vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Sablenite Magearna: 489-577 (134.7 - 158.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 235-278 (58.3 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Latiasite Toxapex: 165-196 (54.2 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 289-341 (69.4 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Blissey: 352-415 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glalite Weavile: 227-268 (80.7 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Shaymin-Sky: 351-413 (102.9 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 166-196 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 220-261 (57.4 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde-Complete: 304-359 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 391-461 (110.4 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 408-481 (122.5 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(all of these die to +2 mray)
Defensively:
0 SpA Groudon-Primal Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 99-117 (28.2 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Diancite Shaymin-Sky Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza-Mega in Strong Winds: 168-198 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Blue Orb Golisopod Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 96-113 (27.3 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 Atk Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 162-192 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Arceus-Ground Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza-Mega in Strong Winds: 152-180 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 172-204 (49 - 58.1%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 162-192 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO

EDIT: blue orb skarmory can only switch into it but if u come into skarmory and they only use that as its check that means every time mray comes vs skarmory it does a kill, also u sword dance as it comes you can do 70% to it and forcing it to phaze u away which means it can't recover health that easily vs it and being so a not so good check (+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 203-239 (60.9 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)