Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer Discussion

I don't think I remember any of us ragging about our K/D or saying that we play nothing but deathmatch and free for all?

I myself love the riot shield and used it with the thumper for a while (good fun)

and my favorite game mode ATM is mosh pit, with domination as a close second.

I'm really bad at this game. End of.

Seriously though, this game is so frustrating because you have one good game and you want to keep playing but then you have like 132897413248 bad games in a row and keep losing and you're like FFFFFFFFUUUUU I JUST WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER GOOD GAME BEFORE I STOP PLAYING but it never happens =[

You could always friend a bunch of bad people and join their games midsession/start a party to (hopefully) play other bad people.

I want to ask how everyone views prestiging. When the game first released everyone was on a race to the top but it's cooled down a bit and people give more thought to it. Some people want to complete a certain challenge for a callsign before doing so, getting mastery of a gun (another challenge), or just plain realize they'll suck when there's 68 levels between them and 1887s. Of course, others just dive in.

I have a few goals before my first prestige:
50(?) Emergency Air Drops (Only at 16, wtf)
1000 air drops (Have 250, I want that damn gold bar)
P90 Mastery (Have all attachments + Red Tiger, need Fall camo)
ACR Mastery (Just unlocked, in the same match I got my final P90 FMJ kill XP)
30(?) Stuck Semtax' (Have 8, Stuck On You callsign is pimp)

Optional goals are all "call in XX killstreak," obtained purely through packages. Reason I consider this an optional goal as opposed to standard unlocks is because I'll hold off the prestige if I'm close to completing one (I'm particularly fond of the motion EMP emblem).

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1887's suck to me since they've been nerfed, even though they still have the FMJ trick, which'll be patched out anyway.

Prestige wise, atm i'm third prestige and trying to get all the killstreak emblems on this prestige except Sentry Gun and Tactical Nuke. Those will be used on my 4th prestige and once I get those, i'll be concentrating on the Prestige challenges I haven't done yet.

On secondaries, the M93 Raffica is insanely powerful. It's a pain to get 100 kills to unlock, but they absolutely rape. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s5Ji06YHmk That video is a good demonstration, if you ignore the weird commentary. Also the 1887's are still too good imo, but i prefer the "feel" of the Spas12.

The ACR is probably the best gun in the game, the AK47 is very powerful, but the worst thing in the game is shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziSCrNeCHBc . Commentator sums it up in the video. The same thing needs to be done with Scavenger as well as one man army, this is the worst shit ever and requires no skill to completely destroy your opponents. Forget Commando, overpowered killstreaks, Claymores, 1887's and care package runners, this is worse. It ruins any competitive feel in matches.

If like me you're getting sick of all the stuff that is too good in the game, try MTDM, FFA and SnD. On a side note, I love the tactical feel of SnD and the pressure when you are the "last alive".

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah I saw one of those super speed matches when my brother was playing on the 360, hasn't happened to me on my PS3 yet though.

Oh yeah and sidearms, just started using the m9 a few hours ago, around 7 matches later i'm at 42 kills with it. Great gun.
M9 is a beast with extended mags, it has 25 bullets which is obscene and usually takes about 3 bullets to kill at the ranges you will be using it and the huge clip just helps you take out rooms when you flank the opponent, and with how fast I pull the trigger it turns into a G18 that can kill in 3 shots instead of 4.

Also I've been using the One Man Army noob tubes for quite some time now, I just set up a Claymore, shoot some tubes, OMA, repeat, I don't even move. Its a beast, and I really hope it doesn't catch on because then the game will just be worse than it already is. So far I seem to be the only one doing it, I haven't encountered anyone else doing it but it seems to be gaining publicity.

Yeah unlocked the extended mags now I run this.

FAL w/ ACOG
M9 w/ Extended Mags
Flash and Claymore

Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

I'm not sure how much steady aim actually helps me, but this class played right does wonders.

OMFG!!!11 The splash damage of the chopper gunner (w/Danger close) is insane. It's has predator missile radius, it seems :x.

That spawn trap was fun. I seriously need to undertsand the spawing system, so I can also do that.

Bye bye Bling Models, bye bye Akimbo G18.... =p. Hello Akimbo Raffica's ;O~~~

EDIT, duel Raffica's suck. Single Raffica is where its at, IMO...

EDIT 2, Am I the only one that realises Infinity Ward forgot to add zoom onto the M93 Raffica?

When you aim down the sight, the range doesn't change. Why is this not being patched?

I only started using the M93 today, and it's already my favourite gun. If it had zoom like every other gun in the game, it'll be beast.

I run a Similar Danger Close class to that, although I didn't use OMA but Scavenger instead, and I ran around with my RPG :D

Anyways I prefer the USP to the M9, I'm about to hit my 1k Prestige challenge with the USP.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I actually really like this game, even though it does have some serious problems (ie that video with Danger Close linked above). Right now I'm using this setup:

FAMAS w/ Holographic Sight
Stinger Missile
Flash and Semtex

Scavenger Pro / Sleight of Hand Pro?
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

I love the FAMAS with Stopping Power; it's a lot of fun to be able to one-shot people in the chest, especially with its ridiculous accuracy. I currently use Scavenger Pro to get the extra Stinger missiles and Semtex, but I'm considering using Sleight of Hand, because FAMAS is really meh without ADS. Comments?

Also, what's everybody's opinions on the FAL? I've heard both that its amazing, and that it sucks. It seems really accurate, but semi-inferior to like the FAMAS or the ACR (which I really want!).

The FAL is good - so long as you don't use a RDS on it. It is slightly off balance with that attachment, making aiming a little awkward. You should at least you use it to get the Holo sight for it though, as there is a glitch that increases it's damage with that on. With Stopping Power + Holographic Sight, the FAL is a 2-shot kill 100% of the time at any range. You can then Bling a Shotgun attachment on it for close range, to free up a spot for a Stinger or Thumper. Best of luck!

Man, I love this game. Too bad I suck at it.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to say my favorite weapon is the SCAR. It's an excellent assault rifle that is unlocked early. With either one of the sights (red dot, holographic, ACOG) or FMJ, it's great for an assault class. For sniping classes I prefer the Barrett .50 cal with Thermal. My favorite secondary weapon is easily the SPAS-12. It's pretty much the only secondary weapon I use. Also good with either FMJ, Red Dot Sight, or Grip. My favorite perks are Bling/Marathon, Hardline, and Steady Aim/Scrambler/Commando. Favorite equipment are Semtex and Flashbang.

I just got XBOX live so I won't be missing out on the fun anymore ;). Currently training up the live gamertag with the help of my brothers.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
OMFG!!!11 The splash damage of the chopper gunner (w/Danger close) is insane. It's has predator missile radius, it seems :x.

That spawn trap was fun. I seriously need to undertsand the spawing system, so I can also do that.

EDIT 2, Am I the only one that realises Infinity Ward forgot to add zoom onto the M93 Raffica?

When you aim down the sight, the range doesn't change. Why is this not being patched?

I only started using the M93 today, and it's already my favourite gun. If it had zoom like every other gun in the game, it'll be beast.
I actually I loved the dual m93 with fmj. In hard core they are stupidly good, same with the .44 dual fmj. Running around hosing people down is a blast.
And I haven't noticed any problems with the ads on the rafficas.
Then again I haven't played the game in around 2 weeks, and I haven't used the rafficas in about a month and a half, So I could be wrong.

also:
Seriously though, this game is so frustrating because you have one good game and you want to keep playing but then you have like 132897413248 bad games in a row and keep losing and you're like FFFFFFFFUUUUU I JUST WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER GOOD GAME BEFORE I STOP PLAYING but it never happens =[
story of my life

selling this game sometime this week to buy borderlands.

the only reason i play it is when im bored/frustrated at halo, and then i just get more angry.

the only reason i play it is when im bored/frustrated at halo, and then i just get more angry.
Aww, thats really sad. Also why haven't we made a smogon Clan yet? We can do fun things like have a team full of Blinged Model's, or have a team full of Marathon + Commando + Care Packages ;)

Edit: Have a team full of Claymores w/scavenger pro :s

GT: T Rup3e T

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
blinged models and care package have been patched.

danger close gl with one man army on the other hand.

Honestly playing this game with random people is so frustrating that I will only play with a full team of people off my FL anymore. Also got a game winning kill yesterday using a throwing knife on a blind throw across the map on highrise.

you need steady aim

Just unlocked fall camo on my MP5K a few days ago, and I'm super stoked about it, the only downside is that people always just assume I boosted them ;_;

I'm trying for radar inbound III, and have 710 radars out of a thousand, so I'm hoping to get that before I prestige again.

Also after using nothing but SMGs, LMGs and my riot shield for an entire prestige, I am really garbage with assault rifles now.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just got to level 40 the other day, and I have to say that the M16 is really disappointing me. While its fire rate is similar, the drop in accuracy from the FAMAS is quite noticeable. I get a lot of hitmarkers from long range now :/. Nonetheless, I'll be using it for the challenges. Just gotta hold on until level 48, when I get the gun I really want.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just got to level 40 the other day, and I have to say that the M16 is really disappointing me. While its fire rate is similar, the drop in accuracy from the FAMAS is quite noticeable. I get a lot of hitmarkers from long range now :/. Nonetheless, I'll be using it for the challenges. Just gotta hold on until level 48, when I get the gun I really want.
You could always equip Holographic site. Its been tested (check youtube) that holographic site increases M16's accuracy. They tested the same for FAMAS and it doesn't work.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
M16 with Holo sight is really incredible, I used to use Scar since I was low level thanks to Prestige, and thought it was my favorite gun by far. But then got the M16, and with the Holographic Sight attached, you got excellent mid game, excellent long range game (I basically snipe with it!), and with a shotgun like the SPAS-12 (fucking hardcore gun) you cover close game too.

Holographic increases its accuracy quite noticably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)