Team Monotype Winter Premier II - Discussion Thread [See post #22 for draft date and time]

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
This is peak Smogon.

EDIT: While I have never felt the desire to play the Monotype tier, this is truly the most exciting thread I have read since the Bloo/Style controversy. Anyway, my heart goes out to you Chras. The people have spoken, and their voices will be heard sooner or later. As MLK Jr. once said, the arc of the moral universe is a long one, but it bends towards justice.

Presenting: Tyke's roller-coaster of emotions

☆Tyke: gg

The opposing Tapu Bulu used Substitute!
The opposing Tapu Bulu put in a substitute!
(The opposing Tapu Bulu lost 24.9% of its health!)
☆Tyke: o my

☆Tyke: oof, i lose
☆Tyke: gg

Meanwhile:
%torkool: ?
Havens n_n: ?
Namranan: ?

☆Tyke: wait no
☆Tyke: never mind

☆Tyke: ok ye gg

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
I am happy to announce that there is a Mono Team Tour Records Compiler sheet done and ready for use! This sheet only recognizes major and Mono centralized tours which include all seasons of MPL and MWP, even this on-going MWP2 season. The link to the sheet can be found at the top of this post in the Index thread and right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0sL68rIp-KTkzZwfOBH7HdS5w8/edit#gid=783238553

As the sheet's intro states, message me with any concerns or errors that need fixing on Discord (Ticken#8967). Thanks to Moosical for helping with the sheet and I hope you all enjoy!

This iteration of MWP was definitely an enjoyable experience for me. I'm glad I was able to do better than last year and improve myself, but the shoutouts definitely go to my team for being an amazing presence every week.

Terracotta Man prepping with you was the best thing this season; you made the toxic monotype ubers tier playable. I don't think I had a poor MU any week this year and outside of a few crits and paras here or there I had a good experience playing. Good luck in exhibition and beyond; you're a beast of a teammate.
Attribute It's definitely been nice getting to know you throughout this tour. Jrdn and I were pretty bummed in the beginning when we heard you were the manager but when we found out how competent you actually were and how hard you tried for the sake of the team it was definitely a delightful suprise. I'd like you to know that I hit 11k lines in the team cord but I couldn't double your total :( regardless good luck in exhibition you're a great manager and player and hope to team with you again.
KevinELF IDC what anyone else says, you were an amazing manager throughout the weeks. Great presence in chat, testing threat with you was enjoyable every week. Beating you in tests was worrying but at least you showed up all the games so I'm glad it was that way and not the other way around. It was a great season with you as a manager, keep winning in threat!
Jrdn STAB goat, great friend, loved building with you every week and seeing you completely dominate when playing this tier. Let's win OMGS and OMPL together again!
Sylveon. Building and testing with you has been the highlight of my season; kinda sad that you took my favorite slot but honestly you're so much better than your record shows. See ya around, keep dominating AAA; please make sure jrdn doesn't win AAA open 3 years in a row.
cb aaron judge Glad to have you on the team Will, got worried sometimes when you forgot MWP existed; mono LC seems completely foreign to me and you made it bearable so that's pretty incredible.
TJ Feliburn You two honestly just came saw and conquered so many weeks and it was great to just watch.
trace I'll beat you in AMQ one day don't worry
Ark Realta Nua is better I'll play FGO someday it was great getting to know you have fun hosting SPL
Gratify Realta Nua is better actually fuck FGO

Hope to enjoy this next year!

Please remove Mono Ubers this tier sucks

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well this was quite a disappointing way to end the season, not making it because of a completely disgusting game week 6 and then being haxed yet again on week 7. Also, the fact that we were let down by the poor organization of the tournament; using h2h as a basis for playoff spots which is not used in any other team tournament on Smogon. But whatever, it is what is; a shame that I couldn't have my first playoff experience.

Despite all that, I had a great and fun season with my team. I'm really happy that I drafted you guys because it gave a fun environment! I didn't know many of you personally before the tour, so it was a great experience talking with and getting to know all of you. Super proud of the work you guys put in, we got downplayed after the draft but proved them wrong by performing really well. I'm also impressed by the great sportsmanship shown, not even insisting to call activity in a situation where doing so would have gotten us the playoff spot. It was really admirable to see such importance put on getting the actual game played, not caring of the outcome. Some of the other teams could definitely learn from this.

Attribute Thanks for agreeing to managing with me! You worked really hard at prepping 3 SM teams every week and even made sure to try and help me with Monothreat. Sadly, MWP really is cursed for you, but your record doesn't indicate your skill. Thanks as well for talking me out of my slump in the early weeks.

Catalystic "Insert you bragging about your line count" You put in an insane amount of work, we really couldn't have done it without you. I'm really happy Attribute and I decided to focus on you for our OM core because you definitely delivered. I'm so sorry we had to put you in Ubers, but hey you delivered an amazing performance, should be 7-0 but unfortunately the game hates us. Your motivation was so appreciated, thanks for helping me in threat even tho you were already so busy with the other OMs.

Jrdn I'm glad Attribute and I managed to get you as our first pick like we planned! You really delivered and I'm glad I got to know you better

Sylveon. We got so worried that week you disappeared, thought something serious happened. Sorry this is your first time going negative in a team tour, you definitely deserved better! I really admire your willingness to play, waiting longer for smub and going out of your way to reschedule with Sealeos.

Feliburn That game vs Leru still has me shook honestly. Also, still waiting for that mysterious log you and torkool were talking about oo

TJ Sorry that so much pressure was put onto you for your last game, don't feel too bad bout losing it, the MU was rough. It also sucks that your opponent had to be so aggressive for no reason. S/o for staying classy, even willing to wait 30 minutes instead of 15 if he was late.

trace You pulled through with that great clutch AAA win week 2 when you barely know the OM. Was nice teaming up with you again, since MPL we didn't interact was much

cb aaron judge Sorry that you were stuck in LC, wish we could've got you some USM games too. Thanks for being motivated despite it, appreciate your dedication to test and prep.

Ark Glad I got to meet you, really nice person and I learned a lot about tournament policy from you. It's a shame your point got completely ignored by hosts. Also, I really like that you dedicated yourself to trying as many MUs as possible before your game so that you can learn how they work.

Gratify Glad to see you're still the same headass from 2 years ago lmao, burn less towels and stay away from boats you freak!

Terracotta Not officially a member, but you are just as much a part of the team as the rest of us. Thank you so much for being so motivated and helping so much despite not being able to play. Very few people on this site would do what you did if they went undrafted, which just shows how great of a guy you are. Your help to Cata and contributions to others was essential. I hope you get to play next year if you are still interested!

Namranan Thanks for helping so much in LC, you put in your 100% like it was your own game. I honestly think you can get your name out there if you change your attitude a bit. Don't be such a defeatist when you lose and watch what you say sometimes. The version of you that I saw helping cb, motivated and supportive is also who you should be when you are the player. I know you can do it, you just need to know that you can do it.

----

Threat Help outside of the team:

Moosical Thanks so much for dealing with me annoying you for 200000000 tests every week and dumping my frustrations on you. Honestly one of the nicest people on the site, we need more users like you. I really wish we got to play later in the tour so that we could've had a better match but it is what it is. I deserved that complete destruction for not prepping enough. But yeah, couldn't have done it without putting you through my incessant tests.

Ticken Was weird not relying on you as much this year, since you and Zuku prepared the bulk of the final team. While not as involved, you still helped me a lot but seeing my team most weeks and giving me your tips and opinions. Thanks for being a supportive presence who talked me out of slumps and helped me calm down from my frustration with some of the toxic people in this community.

SirSkit This game really doesn't want me to finally get a win on you! Not gonna lie, i don't think I'll ever get over m y annoyance about our game, but I know it's not your fault. Thanks for being such a nice person! The few times we tested ended up helping a lot.

Chaitanya and Waszap Honestly two of the most toxic users I've met, you guys need to understand what sportsmanship, waszap in particular. Despite that, you guys are still friends and testing with you did help me patch up things in my teams and formulate a game plan.

S/O To the monotype/PS community for once again reminding me how toxic you can be. I know this is an online game, but it would be nice to see people having some actual decency and a sense of sportsmanship. The HL of poor sportsmanship was definitely what Charmflash did to Chras, I don't understand how someone can do something so toxic and think it's okay. Really did that to someone who kindly makes everyones logos free of charge. Outside that situation, so many people were just rude and/or annoying, ruining the fun of others in the tournament.

It seems like it's just too hard to ask people to be respectful and act classy when things go their way. Here's an example of that, I'll leave the name of the player out because I'm a decent person and they are still in the tour.

[13:14:44] -: KevinELF when are u posting ur touching farewell like attribute
[14:18:54] -: KevinELF
[14:18:59] -: ur sorry ass post when?
[14:22:34] -: LOL

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
fun season bois ggs
in draft order for unbias
Eien thank for deciding to draft me so early, it was a risky move and i'm not sure if i lived up to it but it definitely proves to me that you had high expectations of me, and i'll aim to live up to it in the future. grats on the 8-0, traps are definitely gay.
Leru one of the most hardest working managers i've seen, how you tried to help build for every tier in this tour and looked after all of the channels to make sure we were on top of things and not slacking off, it helps for motivation when you see the manager working so hard. you should drop spl and just become a mono lc main :goodraS: water is still one of the worst types
Wanka thought a certain user being on the team would affect your concentration :fatdra:.in all seriousness though, it was nice watching you rant and build, and despite your record, i still think you're a very good player and would definitely team w you again
Misaka Mikoto i'm sorry that your return to threat after a year had to go like this. it was still nice to see you help bouffer out whenever you are on, and i think you still have it in you as a threater if you keep at it.
EternalSnowman it was very enjoyable to see you build for a tier that i do my utmost best to avoid building, you pulled your own weight and came out with a very impressive record and i would definitely love to see more of you next mpl. i may or may not have stolen the teams in the channel for important games like room tours.
Hamhamhamham i dont think your record does justice to the kind of player you are, you're definitely way better than your record and i think you'll do very well in any future mono tours if you keep at it
skysolo14 it was nice to see your enthusiasm for games and team in general despite have such a record, it really shows that this tour is more than just trying to get a good record and quitting if you dont. hope to see more of you in future mono team tours.
Bouff you were very solid for playing a tier that usually requires a lot of previous practice, if was nice building and testing with you and it showed that you really do have a knack for this tier. would definitely love to team with you again in the future
In The Hills didn't know who you were initially but then the mag sweep happened and i was like :baldra: this dude is good. would have been nice to see more from you but it really do be like that sometime. looking forward to seeing more from you in future tours
Bluxio i'm sorry you didnt get to play as much as you would have liked to, but you've definitely come far from being an mpl meme 2 years ago. hope to see you do well next mpl #onthecomeup

Additional shoutouts
taranteeeno tiny mons building buddy, you showed a lot of enthusiasm for a tour that you werent even a part of, helping me build and test every single week. it's more than what a lot of players show even if they're in it. thanks for taking the time to help me out despite being preoccupied with lcwc and exhibition, hopefully you'll change your mind about not participating next mwp and water remains one of the worst types in lc
Quantum Tesseract thanks for helping us out with oms in the playoffs, i'm sorry that your managerial experience turned out the way it did despite it not being your fault but ig it be sometimes like that really tho.

Last edited:
Guess I'll do s/o's as well. This was a fun season for me and everyone in goodras, While i didn't have the most flashy record, What can i say? it happens to every player. I still enjoyed the tour overall

Eien 8-0 GOAT lmao you were the captain of the S.S. Goodras. your passion and enthusiasm was the reason we got to playoffs. You're a great player and manager. I'll be around for the next mono tour :D
Leru Jesus christ when i say your prep is insane, its fucking crazy lmao, You're another great player/manager, you would always motivate us when we're feeling down/unmotivated and would always get the best out of us (unfortunately it didn't work with me tho xP) but yeah solid player man gl in spl!
Wanka dude i loved your rants and playing. you also motivated me for when i was almost on the edge of giving up. It was a pleasure teaming with you and hopefully team again.
Misaka Mikoto unfortunately i didn't get to talk to you as much. your record doesn't match you as a player and again, everyone has bad tours right? anyways, it was nice that you assisted bouff in threat and sticked around. keep at it man
dhaarma dude idc what anyone says, LC goat. good job this season man. unfortunately your record doesn't match you but hopefully you can turn that around next mono tour because you're definitely capable of doing it, good work dude.
EternalSnowman The man who uses crazy teams and gets wins off, absolute goat lmao. you were underrated before this tour started but you showed everyone that this wasn't the case. Great job man
Hamhamhamham Man your record doesn't match how good of player you are. you're better then that. hopefully you still stick around to play in tours because you're definitely a great player.
Bouff love you man. you played great in a tier that seems hard asf lmao. you put in time to know the tier and you,leru, and dhaarma worked together to prep and practice and you showed that you could hold your own, good shit man.
In The Hills Thanks for taking in and saving my ass in STABmons lmao. I wished you got more playing time in this tour tho and hopefully you sign up for more mono tours in the future
Bluxio BLUXOAT. Unfortunately we didn't get the Rebellious Ribombees going on but hey there's always next tour am i right :D? jk you're literally a dark horse. It was great to see help around in almost every tier you can and you got your chance last week against dewdongs & you got your W. goatastic!

taranteeeno it was very nice knowing you and helping us through out this tour. your lc knowledge is great and you and dhaarma worked together to get good games in. hope to see you next year!
Quantum Tesseract you joined us like a week ago LMAO but seriously thanks for helping us in oms and hopefully you come back for the next tour .

Mood: 528972438021734448 (2).png

Shoutouts in the discussion thread (draft order shush)

Leru thanks for comanaging with me one more time. I'm sad we didn't win it all and got knocked out of semifinals again. However, I had a ton of fun other than the weekly "5 seconds left" heart attacks. Somehow, you're good at building in every tier and basically learned all the tiers within a week. You're my favorite person to play with in Monotype, and it's been a great year between MPL and MWP. Thanks for trying so hard to get us the win; you definitely deserved it more than anyone else for how much you worked. Don't listen to the real rats, I'm glad you've been a part of Monotype the past couple years.

Wanka I was happy as fuck we finally got to team after 3 years and after I was living in the Chorizos Discord last year lol. Couldn't recreate the full Chorizos or Honchkrows magic but I think we had a great season. You definitely scared me a few times (playing high and clicking Knock Off with a frozen Clefable LOL) but I'm glad we sniped you right at the beginning of the draft. Watching you play is such a blast and you've definitely still got it. In the end, you got the W vs Pak, so there's a consolation prize.

HowNoobsBattleLol you're still the undeniable best 4th round pick idc what your record says I don't regret getting you so early at all. You and taranteeno were amazing every week building and testing like hell. You made the server so fun and your emojis are so hilarious, which is worth everything. Can't do much about getting lucked out by the same dude twice. Glad you came back to Monotype after that long ass hiatus, wish you'd be bigger in our community, though. Hope you stick around more!

Misaka Mikoto sad we didn't get to see any railgun win posts this tour but it is what it is. Thanks for coming out of retirement to play for us #badgeshop #fgo even if we didn't make it to the finals. I know this wasn't really the showing you wanted to give for your comeback, but you definitely tried your best and I'm glad we got to team at least once.

EternalSnowman gratz on getting to play the most fun tier in the tour :cwldra:. We were supposed to be 9-0 together but things conspired against us sadly. Ik you didn't like mono ubers at all but thanks for joining the tour and playing with us. You're undeniably the best Ubers player in the tour and I hope you get more recognition across the site for how good you really are. It's kinda wild. Expert bad luck sacrifice in MWP so you can get Da Vinci btw oo.

Hamhamhamha
m I knew we wanted to get the ham^4 goat especially with ESM. You're hella good at OMs and you better get the Best OM Player 2019 Smogon award too. You definitely deserved better than getting lucked so much. I hope you'll come back for more Monotype in the future as well, you're super fun to team with.

skysolo14 big shoutouts for testing with me every week so much. Every time I need to play a few games to get ready before my match or try out the tech, you're ready to go. Sorry your Monotype team tour debut ended like this, but I know you'll do well in the future. You're motivated as fuck to perform and are one hell of a team player. Keep it up and I hope to see you make it big in MPL!

Bouff actual threat goat holy. I don't understand how you guys can build this tier but watching you guys do it every week was wild coming up with the craziest tech and shit. One week you just hopped right in when we needed you and started winning. You should be 4-0 in threat but a certain elfman robbed you never forget. Thanks for making this a hella fun tour, glad we got you #fgo.

In The Hills wish we got you in earlier in the tour, but thanks for popping into STAB for us and staying active. You're the first man I draft when Mono MnM is in Mono WCOP. Hope you'll come back again next time we have OMs in our team tours.

bluxio the nibba thoughts on being the only other undefeated MWP2 USUM goat? Sorry we never really got time to start you in USUM, you definitely deserved to and I'm sure you would have done better than a lot of the other hooligans that got bought earlier than you. You're one of the most hardworking dudes in the tier and honestly I want to see you get a team of your own in MPL. As much as the #onthecomeup meme is hilarious, you're a lot better than people give you credit for, so keep your head up!

taranteeeno you're so fire LOL thanks for helping out in LC all season. You were literally a 12th teammate for us. You + dhaarma core in the chat is actually the greatest. Hope you had fun as well and maybe sign up for LC next time as well? :hyperCor:

Quantum Tesseract thanks for helping with STAB and AAA during semis. You didn't deserve the season you got, but you showed you're still a top Mono OMS god in spite of it. Wish Mr. Room Voice would be more active in our community (and in #fgo wtf!!)

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
thanks to all the natus for making this such a great season and grats on making it this far. time for individual shoutouts!

Team Shoutouts
StarBlim thanks for allowing me to co-manage with you this season in MWP and thanks for helping prep and test a lot throughout. Hope we can team again.
Paleo as always you were a solid player. you were always a bit busy but found time to play each week, so thank you for that. hopefully well be able to team more, when everyone is less busy!
Kingler12345 lol thanks for playing lc monotype for us every week. I don't know how you did it the om is just so bad lol. sorry, I couldn't support you more there. Good luck in SPL!
Harpp I can see you continue to do very well in tours, your amount of dedication and prep is insane.
smub glad you could prove you are quite good in Mono AAA, gl in future tours.
SirSkit grats on having one of the best monothreat records in the entire tour, it was fun teaming with you. Hopefully, you will play USM in a team tour soon.
Wincon really amazing results as expected, way to prove that you will be a staple in these tours. even after disappearing for 6 months and returning for mwp, you did a really amazing job! hope we can team more in the future.
Hikari sorry we couldn't draft any friends for you and didn't really give you many chances to play more. nevertheless, thanks for being able to prep and play when we asked you 2.
EviGaro ah lol, next time if I manage in mwp, I won't ask you to play monoubers. god, that tier is so bad but thanks for playing it a ton of weeks for the natus. good luck in SPL!
sed the monotype stabmons king. water is indeed the best type in monotype aaa and won have won every week like you said. thanks for being a positive team presence in the chat and helping us when asked.
Ssalbap grats on going undefeated in this tour. 2-0 and you broke lycans streak, that is actually incredible. told you putting you in vs lycan was the right idea!
Fardin thanks for being flexible in whatever tier we asked you to play, whether it was the god awful monotype ubers tier or regular monotype, you were ready to jump in. you should participate more in monotype!
go sealeos, can't let the chikoritas win this tour!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)