More Introvert or Extravert?

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
I think the more interesting question would be on Myers-Briggs typing. Intraversion/Extraversion doesn't really matter all that much in Pokemon. It would be interesting to see MBTIs of top players and look for a pattern.

I got ISTP when I took this test a few months ago, and I got it again today. Both times, though, my S was only at 1%, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say sometimes I could be in a INTP mood. I'm definitely an I over an E. I'd much rather be at home by myself than go out, though tbh I've been going out more recently, so maybe the change DM mentioned is imminent (I'm moving into my freshman year at OU next week).

For the MBTI, my results are consistently Healer - INFP.

Honestly though, I am extraverted with complete strangers more often than not. With people who are friends of friends, I'm usually more introverted. The Idealist (NF) category definitely fits me well.

I definitely just get sick of being introverted all the time, and I'll purposely say crazy things just to see how people react. Awkward moments define me.

INTJ. A lot of it described what I did in detail, and I thought I was the only one who did that kind of stuff based on what most other people did. (Such as think about what you're going to do by reflecting on past experiences and how what happened affected you, things like that.) But I'm about the same as Bologo / Phantasia, I tend to be reluctant to post, edit my posts often, delete my posts half the time, and because of how I acted when I first came to Smogon I feel like most people here are just going to tell me I'm wrong for some obvious reason and make me feel foolish or just flame at me or tell me to go away or something.

I'm a noob .-.

Something else: I'm not even extroverted around the friends I have. I still remain quiet usually. I just feel weird around people. (But it's not a lack of social skills, I'm fine socially around my friends. I just don't like talking or anything.)

INTJ

interesting to note, my two favorite things to do in life have been to run and to play chess -- both are things that do not require you to interact with too many people to be good at. I also edit posts a lot, write posts out then decide not to post them, etc. on forums.

According to the Myers-Briggs Personality Test I am an ESTJ.

http://typelogic.com/estj.html

ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority.

ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.... etc

Logical and extroverted, sounds like me :)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
infj

Which is apparently only 1% of the population! !_!

I've only taken this test today, and it's actually pretty neato in terms of what it says about you. Like most people here I'm introverted and don't feel comfortable expressing myself unless it's necessary. I also am a bit secretive, and only a few of my friends truly know who I am (e.g. closet pokemon player) -- I don't think even my family does at times.

Well, it turns out that I'm an INTJ with 100% I, 25% N, 88% T, and 22% J. Surprisingly enough, the description I got for this really describes me well, especially the part concerning relationships.

I'm introverted in real life, but I'm only a little less introverted on the Internet. I don't post on a constant basis unless a topic really interests me, and I'm rarely ever on IRC unless I'm playing a mafia.

I love MBTI! ENFP, with a strong T side. N is just dominating, it's both a strength and a weakness.

I think some people are getting the wrong idea about the introvert/extrovert split. It's not whether or not you're popular, or loud really, the only real defining question you should ask is if you like crowds. An extrovert likes the buzz of having a lot of people around them, it gives them energy, whereas an introvert often finds that too scattered and prefers a small group of friends.

It's not a cool guy vs loser split either (at all), there are many benefits to being an I. It's easier to focus as an I, to reflect, because the primary mode of interaction for an I is intraspecting. I find that our schooling system is really geared towards an introvert with lots of textbook knowledge, and hence it's kind of weird that society often sees introversion as a bad thing. I feel sorry for I's really, it really isn't fair sometimes.

ps. lol Stath, I pinned you on that while we were chatting like a year ago. Ohhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah~~

Cooky

Banned deucer.
You get the feeling most people here are introvert right?

I used to be a huge introvert but over the past two years or so everything seems to come easier to me and im pretty solid in social situations. I blame it on my girlfriend of like 6 months who is genuinely so cool and confident (don't know how I got her..), it kinda rubs off after a while, as well as having a pretty good group of friends who I love. I can say with conviction that just putting yourself out there does not mean you'll get shot down, being more outgoing is a catalyst for some genuine fucking excitement.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm a complete extro(a?)vert, both in public and private. I lack that "brain->mouth" filter that prevents most sane people from making fools of themselves. I talk alot and I am not shy about striking up conversation with anyone, stranger or familiar.

Crippling introversion in general, but I'm social enough with people I see routinely, and I'm allegedly "fun" in such situations.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
It is an extrovert's world.

I have always been introverted. I have a small circle of close friends and often prefer my own company, but I am comfortable being extroverted at work or when networking.

I got INTJ, which seems to describe me fairly well. I used to be very introverted, but I've grown a lot better over the last 3 years or so.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
INTJ with a score of 78, 75, 1, 44 respectively.

Well, I can't say I didn't expect it. I'm pretty introverted except when around close friends.

Edit: I just read an excerpt off wikipedia describing INTJ

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel ... This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals ... Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.

Describes me perfectly.

I took one of those internet personality tests and got the following ratios (since it didn't use the same scoring system as the real deal):

I:E - 100:0
S:N - 68:32
T:F - 89:11
J:P - 68:32

So, clearly ISTJ according to that test, and looking at the descriptions of each of the eight traits, I'd agree.

INTP (Rational: Architect)
http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=architect
This seems to describe me the best; but I have tiny bits of things leeching from the INTJ that aren't mentioned here. But I probably have itty bitty bits from other types as well; so it's not really a big surprise.

I'm generally introverted. Actually; no. Generally is a bad way to put it. Anywhere outside the home or with close friends I keep to myself (as generally outside home or friends I'm going to be in a place where I'm not super comfortable :S), with friends or home though I feel much more relaxed and talkative. At school I eat lunch by myself everyday, and If my friends are around I got talk to them. Although; I tend to wrap myself up in my room contemplating whatever story idea or completely enveloped in whatever strategy game I'm playing; hoping to work out the kinks. Or I'm drawing/spriting; in which I do the same thing as previously mentioned. So even at home I tend to lock myself away; and with friends (if I'm thinking about something) I kinda distance myself a bit.

So much for being the only INTJ around. Oh well.

I'm probably 70% introverted and 30% extraverted. I go out fairly frequently but I also love spending time alone. Can't see myself playing WoW 24/7 or partying daily, even at uni. I'm comfortable with my lifestyle, and that's what really matters imo.

EDIT: Just did the test on one of the websites posted earlier and surprise surprise, INTJ again. Wasn't expecting the 56% introversion rating, though.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i was shy and introverted for a long time, probably until roughly 17 or so. i really hated talking to strangers and i was pretty awkward in conversation. then i decided that i'd had enough of it and made a conscious effort to be more sociable! being able to start afresh at university was a great boost, as was getting a part time job as a bartender, where you're always in a very sociable role. now i do it full time and actually really enjoy meeting new people!

according to the test i am ENFP. the description really seemed spot on but i'm weary of the "horoscope" effect, whereby being vague and general enough you will be in full agreement of a given description.

i'll give fake answers and see if the description feels just as accurate as a sort of testing method.

edit: chose random answers and ended with isfj. i wouldn't say it was completely off, but needless to say it didn't feel like a good description of me. although i was potentially biased against what i presupposed as an inaccurate assessment of my personality.

My friends tell me I talk really loud.
However, I'm a rather introvert person who likes thinking about things complex, [-:

I like socializing a LOT though.
So I'm a lot of both I guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)