Morning Sun Tangrowth

After reading through the rules I'm guessing that this is the most appropriate forum for this. I'm not sure there are any unspoken rules against posting a single pokemon on here rather than a whole team. As you probably know, Morning Sun Tangrowth only comes from XD, hence it is pretty rare. The only one I've found has appalling EVs - 3/27/21/23/28/26 - but I've traded for it anyway. I've fooled around with some calculators and come up with this:

Rash with Leaf Guard
@ Leftovers
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
- Solarbeam
- Substitute/Sleep Powder/Stun Spore/Knock Off
Evs - 92 HP/224 DEF/188 SPA

Obviously I'm making the best of a bad situation here. The EV spread I've given him allows for 336 HP which is nice and high to take hits and divisible by 16 to maximize the little that she will gain from Leftovers. Solarbeam isn't going to decimate things, even under Sunny Day. I'm considering dropping it and migrating the SPA EVs. Any advice on the moveset I've chosen is appreciated too, even if just to help me choose the final slot.

I want to make the absolute best use of him, given the difficulty in finding Sunny Day Tangrowths. Do you think this is getting there?

Generally people just PM me for EV spread stuff lol

Given that this Tangrowth has Leaf Guard, it to me is already unusable in this sense. You've got a ton of Sp. Attack EVs, what does it do?

Generally this kind of Tangrowth doesn't use Solarbeam because of Tyranitar, but Grass Knot. Even with Sunny Day. With Rash, Power Whip and (special move) would be sweet. I recommend jacking up the HP considerably before you pump Defense, hitting max Leftovers. Grass Knot and Focus Blast wouldn't be too bad, with enough Sp. Attack to OHKO Tyranitar. Spare EVs in Defense.

well it's not a 'new moveset' it's more of an EV question so I can see why it was posted here

Asking in lwib can get you some good responses with these kind of questions.

Okay, thanks for the advice. This can be locked, and I'll be sure to post in a more appropriate forum (whatever that may be, it seems there isn't one) next time.

Tea.

Before it's locked, it might be worth noting that tossing in an extra 4 HP EVs would be useful so that you still get a good bonus out of Leftovers, but so that you're not KO'd purely on Substitute / Toxic / Stealth Rock / Spikes / anything that does pure incremental damage. 4 Subs would leave you with exactly 1 HP in that case. I know it may sound stupid considering you have Morning Sun and Sunny Day, but if it's randomly disabled or you're PP-stalled out of it or whatever, I think it'd be good to have. I generally try and go for HP of a multiple of sixteen plus one on all of my Pokemon that aren't just being maxed in HP for this reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)