Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does anyone have any advice on hitting your delay correctly? I'm always -1 or +1 off and I can't seem to hit my delay anymore. I've done it twice before (yeah newbie here), but I can't seem to hit it anymore. After calibrating, I've got 17 seconds and a delay of 545. Should I just mash the A button for my calibration or just keep on going at a comfortable speed?
If you're +/- one that means your hitting odd when you need even or vise versa (sp?). Anyway, you need to insert a 3rd gen cart, change the year by 1, or scroll down and back up on the continue screen.

Does anyone have any advice on hitting your delay correctly? I'm always -1 or +1 off and I can't seem to hit my delay anymore. I've done it twice before (yeah newbie here), but I can't seem to hit it anymore. After calibrating, I've got 17 seconds and a delay of 545. Should I just mash the A button for my calibration or just keep on going at a comfortable speed?
If you're +/- one that means your hitting odd when you need even or vise versa (sp?). Anyway, you need to insert a 3rd gen cart, change the year by 1, or scroll down and back up on the continue screen.
Oh, darn, I should have thought of that when you VMed. Toast is right. If you're off by one only on Gen 4, it's because you're aiming for the wrong delay on a game that wants the opposite. So you're game wants odd and you're trying for even? Is that correct? Do what Toast said.

Did what Toast said but I'm still failing at hitting my delay. Never give up though.

Trying to hit a delay of 710 (kept hitting 709/711). I put a 3rd gen cart in my DS. Do I also change the year by 1 or no?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Did what Toast said but I'm still failing at hitting my delay. Never give up though.

Trying to hit a delay of 710 (kept hitting 709/711). I put a 3rd gen cart in my DS. Do I also change the year by 1 or no?
Do only one of them. They all switch between even and odd.

Maybe Toast's post got you puzzled. lol.
There are three ways to change the delay from even to odd. You only need to do one of them.
1. Change the year by 1. 2010 -> 2009 or 2011.
2. Insert a R/S/E cartridge on the slot 2 of your DS Phat/Lite.
3. Before pressing continue on the game menu, scroll down to the bottom and scroll up quickly. This is the only way for a DSi to change delays, bar changing the year by 1.

You only need to do one. Since you said that you've inserted a 3rd Gen Game, you probably have a DS Phat/Lite so I advise to go for Method 2.

Argh, no clue what's happening today. I've been just fine hitting my second/delay for the last few weeks, now suddenly, I'm consistently a second off.

Any clues? Timers wrong? DS 'slow'?

Tried switching to Toast's timer, still off by a second, every time.

Toast++

If you're on my timer, you literally can't be off by a second unless you're doing something completely wrong. I'm betting you're not since you said you've done it before. I'm guessing the problem is that the particular combination appears earlier in the list than the one you're actually hitting. Get rid of the +/- seconds. See if it comes up with anything then.

Alright, hit my delay, (target frame 68) advanced my frame to 66 (riding bike) sweet scented, caught it, not even close to what I wanted. Also, I'm on Route 47, pretty far off the path where there would be NPC's, anyone know what I did wrong?

Alright, hit my delay, (target frame 68) advanced my frame to 66 (riding bike) sweet scented, caught it, not even close to what I wanted. Also, I'm on Route 47, pretty far off the path where there would be NPC's, anyone know what I did wrong?
Just so you know NPCs on a route can affect you even if they aren't in view. You have to make sure you are fast if you don't want them to troll you.

Did you confirm your frame with Elm Calls when you got close to 66 to make sure you were at the right place?

I assume you made sure your seed was correct.

Route 47 is the one near the cliffs, right? I haven't had any problems catching things there :3

Not even close meaning how far were you off? Did you hit your delay or were you off by your frame? Use seed finder to tell this.

You shouldn't have NPC problems abusing in the wild with HG/SS because after calling with elm and advancing your frame, just hit B to exit the phone but still being on the menu. From there, just go to pokemon and sweet scent.

Just so you know NPCs on a route can affect you even if they aren't in view. You have to make sure you are fast if you don't want them to troll you.

Did you confirm your frame with Elm Calls when you got close to 66 to make sure you were at the right place?

I assume you made sure your seed was correct.

Route 47 is the one near the cliffs, right? I haven't had any problems catching things there :3
How would I confirm? My list of seeds and frames and corresponding IV listings didn't have a slot for elm calls, so no, I didn't, unfortunately. I'm attempting again (cathing it now). I'll see how it goes.

EDIT: I know I hit my seed because I advance the frame to what I think I should, sweet scent, catch it and every time the nature it shows is Lonely, which is 2 frames below (66) in RNG reporter. There's no way I've missed my target frame 4 times in a row so do I just call Joey one more time and I should have it?
EDIT2: This time I advanced it to 67 before sweet scenting, just to see if it'd work. Turns out, that caused the frames toa dvannce by 10 and ended up on 77 by the time I caught Ditto. This is fuckin frustrating. I know how to RNG and I just can't seem to get the mofo.

How would I confirm? My list of seeds and frames and corresponding IV listings didn't have a slot for elm calls, so no, I didn't, unfortunately. I'm attempting again (cathing it now). I'll see how it goes.

EDIT: I know I hit my seed because I advance the frame to what I think I should, sweet scent, catch it and every time the nature it shows is Lonely, which is 2 frames below (66) in RNG reporter. There's no way I've missed my target frame 4 times in a row so do I just call Joey one more time and I should have it?
EDIT2: This time I advanced it to 67 before sweet scenting, just to see if it'd work. Turns out, that caused the frames toa dvannce by 10 and ended up on 77 by the time I caught Ditto. This is fuckin frustrating. I know how to RNG and I just can't seem to get the mofo.
If you're RNGing on HGSS, you definitely should have a list of letters corresponding to Elm calls on your list of frames. Did you generate the list using the correct method? HGSS catching and IV breeding is method K. Always add in the synch if you're using one, check that the method is correct, then hit generate and look at your list. You will see a letter for every frame.

Method J, btw, does not always/usually have the target spread listed on the same frame as Method K.

I HAVE QUESTION ABOUT USE PIKATIMER :

what mean first timer and second timer, how to use them

in tutorial said i need to sync my DS time to my target time, when i must to hit "start" in pikatimer?
because if i sync DS clock and confirm, i need to turn off DS first then turn on again.

do i need to made time 1 minute before (04:23:00) and when clock get to set to target (04:24:00) press start in pikatimer and start game from DS menu ?????

Calibrated
----------
sec : 14 delay : 497

Target
------
seed : e9040211
date : 2010 05 31 time : 04:24:54 delay : 519
- NO ROAMERS -

frame : 773

Pikatimer
---------
calibrated delay : 497 wanted delay : 519
calibrated second : 14 wanted second : 54

First Timer : 39,63 Second Timer : 14,37 Minutes before target : 0

ANOTHER QUESTION:
-----------------
and do i need to check "in odd/even should match the seed's delay" in seed to times windows, i don't use GBA game

i have try today,but when make Seed Verifying result :

e9040225 2010/05/31 04:24:54 539 P,K,P,K,P,P,E,P,E,K,P,K

since my target :

e9040211
2010/05/31 04:24:54 519 E,E,P,P,P,P,K,P,K,E,E,E

What i must to do ??? Try again or i must check my calibrated delay (497)

If you're RNGing on HGSS, you definitely should have a list of letters corresponding to Elm calls on your list of frames. Did you generate the list using the correct method? HGSS catching and IV breeding is method K. Always add in the synch if you're using one, check that the method is correct, then hit generate and look at your list. You will see a letter for every frame.

Method J, btw, does not always/usually have the target spread listed on the same frame as Method K.
I generated my seed using PokeRNGDP, which I copied and pasted into RNG Reporter, moved to tab "J" (wild catches, I'm goin' for Ditto) and it hasn't shown a list of Elm Calls with it. I've had no problems hitting my delay, simply that the frame advancement isn't consistent and the Route I'm at shouldn't be giving me any problems. For instance, my target frame is 68.
I advanced to 66 then sweet scented: couldn't even find what frame I did hit
I advanced to 65 then sweet scented: Frame had been advanced to 65 when I caught it (matched up) (tried this frame twice so I know that's what I hit)
I advanced to 67 then sweet scented: The frame I hit was 77.

I checked, I have no repels in effect and I'm simply not sure why I'm failing so miserably.

Hi, quick question:
Are FullMoon Island and Verity Cavern (Mesprit) considered areas with wild Pokemon? Technically, they do have wild Pokemon in them, but those are the only ones there, so...
I ask because I want to advance the frame by walking 128 steps with 6 Pokemon in my Party, which wouldn't be possible if those locations are considered locations with wild Pokemon.
Another question: Does verifying your seed with the Coin Flip thingy advance the frame each time you flip the coin?
I need to know because my target frame for Cress is 13, and with Cress being on frame 5 in Pt, I could only make 8 flips if this is the case.

Hi, quick question:
Are FullMoon Island and Verity Cavern (Mesprit) considered areas with wild Pokemon? Technically, they do have wild Pokemon in them, but those are the only ones there, so...
I ask because I want to advance the frame by walking 128 steps with 6 Pokemon in my Party, which wouldn't be possible if those locations are considered locations with wild Pokemon.
Another question: Does verifying your seed with the Coin Flip thingy advance the frame each time you flip the coin?
I need to know because my target frame for Cress is 13, and with Cress being on frame 5 in Pt, I could only make 8 flips if this is the case.
I do not know about the first question but the second question i do.
Any coinflips you do does not effect the frame. It does not advance the frame at all.

Hi, quick question:
Are FullMoon Island and Verity Cavern (Mesprit) considered areas with wild Pokemon?Technically, they do have wild Pokemon in them, but those are the only ones there, so...
Caves,lakes and grass are areas with wild Pokemon, generally places where you can encounter wild pokes by waking/surfing. The ones you're referring to are areas without wild Pokemon. So do your 128 steps,it will work as you want it to.

forgot to check this on the thread, i have a question, how do you easily determine the pokemon you're going for, in this case, the roamers, since you can only advance through the radio and when you check the map only the route of the other roamers are shown, it's not much reliably from there.

Also, do wild pokemon function like the method used for catching stationary legendaries? And if you use sweet scent, how does it affect your frame? Im rng abusing for heart gold, soul silver by the way.

I generated my seed using PokeRNGDP, which I copied and pasted into RNG Reporter, moved to tab "J" (wild catches, I'm goin' for Ditto) and it hasn't shown a list of Elm Calls with it. I've had no problems hitting my delay, simply that the frame advancement isn't consistent and the Route I'm at shouldn't be giving me any problems. For instance, my target frame is 68.
I advanced to 66 then sweet scented: couldn't even find what frame I did hit
I advanced to 65 then sweet scented: Frame had been advanced to 65 when I caught it (matched up) (tried this frame twice so I know that's what I hit)
I advanced to 67 then sweet scented: The frame I hit was 77.

I checked, I have no repels in effect and I'm simply not sure why I'm failing so miserably.
I'd love some help with this. I'm quite frustrated, as you can see. I hate not knowing exactly what needs to be done. I thought I knew, and apparently, something's F%$(#ed up.

Unless it's a typing error on your part, if you've read Riski's post, she does mention that HG/SS is Method K and not J. I hope that's the problem because else it'd be a toughy one to resolve.

anyone help me, i cant hit my delay what wrong ??

in calibrated 30 times, i got 497 = 6, 495 = 6,487 = 6. and most other in 49x

when try to call elm, always got higher target seed ex. if my target is 2794 then after call elm got 2813

this list my calirated test

time delay

14 495
14 519
14 493
14 499
14 487

14 495
14 495
14 487
14 497
14 505

14 487
14 487
14 497
13 493
14 497

14 491
14 497
14 497
14 495
14 493

14 495
14 489
13 489
14 487
14 501

14 497
14 493
14 499
14 487
14 501

Edit: I'm not exactly sure what you have listed up there, frames or delay, when you mention 2794 and 2813.

Your game wants an odd delay, not an even delay. So you need to put a Gen 3 game in your Gen 3 slot of your DS lite to change your delay for odd to even. Or you need to change the date by one year.

Also, make sure you use method K for HGSS. Do not use method J. Method J is for DPPt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)