Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Eww - you might want to use an AR code to get those roamers back on or something, haha. It's much easier with roamers out. If everything matches minus the first few calls, go for it and try. If you're uneasy with this 'carefree' method, just catch a pokemon outside to verify to yourself that you hit the delay, restart, and next time it happens you have nothing to fear, haha.

Ticcyboy: It's what this thread's for :)

Eww - you might want to use an AR code to get those roamers back on or something, haha. It's much easier with roamers out. If everything matches minus the first few calls, go for it and try. If you're uneasy with this 'carefree' method, just catch a pokemon outside to verify to yourself that you hit the delay, restart, and next time it happens you have nothing to fear, haha.

Ticcyboy: It's what this thread's for :)
Thanks but is the roamer method really that much easier than calling elm?

I'd sure say so. You verify your delay with roamer locations instead of calling upwards of 5times to be sure that you've hit the right spread, lol.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks but is the roamer method really that much easier than calling elm?
I'd have to disagree there, but to each their own. Didn't you say you were doign a shiny egg? If that's the case, it doesn't matter if the calls started out a few frames in..

I'd have to disagree there, but to each their own. Didn't you say you were doign a shiny egg? If that's the case, it doesn't matter if the calls started out a few frames in..
No I am trying to get flawless IV's on the shiny egg that the old guy is holding for me ><

I think I must of done something wrong in the process... I'm going to start all over again

Dude, I totally hit my seed!

My Jirachi, however, was Gentle natured, so I have to do it again. But at least now I know I'm doing something right! Thanks to everyone who helped me!

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No I am trying to get flawless IV's on the shiny egg that the old guy is holding for me ><
Oh. In that case, if it starts a few frames in, it's fine as well. You just have to recognize it and see where you started. If you get the 3rd response in, you started at frame 3.

Or was your frame just not high enough to verify?

Are you using the same seed? Check your date? Check the numbers you used in the timer?

How is the Roamer method not easier? All you have to do is look where they are at vs 10 calls which takes 2-3 minutes to do.

Toast++

How is the Roamer method not easier? All you have to do is look where they are at vs 10 calls which takes 2-3 minutes to do.
Meh. I usually only make 3-5 calls anyway because I'm +/- 4 delays consistently. Roamers just complicated things for me. Almost every problem I've been unable to explain has been on games with roamers. I just prefer not to mess with them.

Oh. In that case, if it starts a few frames in, it's fine as well. You just have to recognize it and see where you started. If you get the 3rd response in, you started at frame 3.

Or was your frame just not high enough to verify?
It's frame 7 but I have done that before. I have recognized that it starts at frame 2 and I advance it to whatever I am going to then when I hatch the egg, only 3 IV's are 31..

Toast++

It's frame 7 but I have done that before. I have recognized that it starts at frame 2 and I advance it to whatever I am going to then when I hatch the egg, only 3 IV's are 31..
Ah.. guess you were 1 off. Probably 1 too far.

Edited in the last post, but you were already replying so:
Are you using the same seed? Check your date? Check the numbers you used in the timer?

Not using the same seed as the shiny egg, date is correct, numbers is correct

Edit: Okay is this correct. If the calls start from the 3rd one onward, that means I am on frame 2 and the 1st call I make advances it to 4. Then i call 3 more times and it goes to 7 and stop. Correct?

Toast++

Not using the same seed as the shiny egg, date is correct, numbers is correct

Edit: Okay is this correct. If the calls start from the 3rd one onward, that means I am on frame 3 and the 1st call I make advances it to 4. Then i call 3 more times and it goes to 7 and stop. Correct?
All is correct except what I bolded. I assume that was a typo though.

So say for example I am trying to hit frame 7 and the first elm call i made (assuming i hit the right delay) was the 3rd letter. Do I call 3 more or 4 more times after that?
You would call to frame 6. So if you made 1 call, and you're on frame 3. Call 3 more times, you are then on frame 6, and IV's will be that of frame 7.

Hey guys my game's been acting weird during RNG abuse (specifically breeds) as of late.

I RNG as usual, I'm not near a new hour, there are no roamers etc. I advance the frame and I'm constantly hitting two frames higher than my target. I try advancing 3 less than my target (so 12 if it's 15) to try to negate the random frame advancing, and I hatch, check IV's, I hit frame 13.

?

Toast++

Hey guys my game's been acting weird during RNG abuse (specifically breeds) as of late.

I RNG as usual, I'm not near a new hour, there are no roamers etc. I advance the frame and I'm constantly hitting two frames higher than my target. I try advancing 3 less than my target (so 12 if it's 15) to try to negate the random frame advancing, and I hatch, check IV's, I hit frame 13.

?
It's an NPC problem. The usual remedy is resaving.

@Ticcyboy
No. There is a shiny check on them. If they're supposed to be shiny, it changes it.

?
idk may be the seed that makes the npc move immdiately, try to hit B+A faster? :)

There's GOT to be a way to RNG Abuse egg natures in Emerald. I mean, this is super annoying. There's not even a fast hatch that works! I feel like I'm RNG abusing Wondercards. D:<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)