Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi there. I'm trying to breed a Shiny Bold Koffing (Male), 31/30/31/30/31/30. I've hit my seed TWICE but when I hatched the egg to check for the shiny-ness and nature, the thing that hatched wasn't even a pokemon D: It was a rectangular cluster of white pixels :/ I am using an AR, but this is the first time this has happened to me, and I'm not sure why. Does anyone know why?

Right now I'm trying to hit my seed without my AR, so I hope it works.

What delay range are you using in your seed to time window?
What is your calibrated delay/second?
+/- 10 delays, +/- 1 second

Calibrated delay of 493, 13 seconds

I'm also using a DS Lite for this, if that makes any difference.

Also, I guess you can ignore the email I just sent you. ;)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
+/- 10 delays, +/- 1 second

Calibrated delay of 493, 13 seconds

I'm also using a DS Lite for this, if that makes any difference.

Also, I guess you can ignore the email I just sent you. ;)
Use +/- 50 delays for now. I think you're calibrated delay is a little high for that particular second. I would expect something around 450-470.

+/- 50, eh? I think I'll try that.

Also, it would appear that I goofed. According to my notation, my average delay is 483, and I probably should have been entering it as such.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
+/- 50, eh? I think I'll try that.

Also, it would appear that I goofed. According to my notation, my average delay is 483, and I probably should have been entering it as such.
Yeah, once you get your calibrated delay pinned down, you can put it at +/-10. Make sure you use the update function as well. It'll be pretty helpful. The calibration process is kinda outdated, this will get you down to an exact number you can hit consistently.

I actually find that the calibrated delay for the timer is way different than your actual calibrated delay. I use a calibrated delay of 454 for the timer, whereas I rarely hit a delay below 492 on DS. Then again, I might just consistently hit A too early or late or soft reset at an odd time.

I wouldn't know the first thing about using the update function, as I have literally no idea what new information to feed it. Every time I enter a string of Elm responses it doesn't detect a match, so I can't even see the seed that I actually hit.

Toast++

I actually find that the calibrated delay for the timer is way different than your actual calibrated delay. I use a calibrated delay of 454 for the timer, whereas I rarely hit a delay below 492 on DS. Then again, I might just consistently hit A too early or late or soft reset at an odd time.
That happens. It's because the calibration system is flawed. The point is to use the 2 numbers to find the length of time between when you SR and when the delay starts ticking. Calibrated delay - (60 * calibrated second) = calibration. It really has nothing to do with how fast you get in the game. In fact, it'll only get you down to +/-30 delays. Apparently not event hat good in your case.

@Violent Lucidity
I meant after you start finding what you hit. Still no luck after changing the delay range?

Hah, I actually haven't gone for it since I posted that, I was just reporting my findings from my last bit of results.

I just hope I can get this sorted out so I can clear my Jirachi wondercard from my HG file and grab me a shiny Raikou before this day is up. I don't want to have to RNG for that on my Platinum file. Logistics and complications up the ass.

Fuchsia City Pokemart all the way! No moving NPC's!

Nother question before I get started again, though. After picking my delay and second range in the Seed to Time window and hitting "Generate" for the second list, can I pick from any one of those seeds, or do I have to find the one that matches the initial seed that I pasted in the first box?

Toast++

Nother question before I get started again, though. After picking my delay and second range in the Seed to Time window and hitting "Generate" for the second list, can I pick from any one of those seeds, or do I have to find the one that matches the initial seed that I pasted in the first box?
Sorry, I missed this before. You can pick any of the dates/times. They all will result in the same seed.

Er.. the second box shows your seed and the adjacents. The adjacents are just there so you know what you hit when you miss.

Yep, three times now, and it's giving me the same crap. And the Search Elm function isn't returning ANY matches AT ALL. How the hell am I supposed to correct the problem if RNG reporter won't even show me where it is?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
that means you're not coming close to your desired seed.

you see the boxes in the middle next to "delays" and "seconds"? change both the "delays" values to 999 and the "seconds" values to 9 and then search.

There's only room for two digits in the "delays" box. And I already had them both set to 50 before hitting "generate" again, and it didn't change a thing with my target time.

I see. I've been RNG abusing Mew for weeks but I can't seem to get the Calm nature (I already got all natures except Calm lol). Thanks! :)

Kay, glad I upgraded to the newest version.

So, apparently I just hit a seed of 091400EC instead of 0A140262, a target time of 20:54:49 instead of 20:54:50, and a delay of 226 instead of 600.

How exactly do I go about correcting this? Using Zomg Timer.

Kay, glad I upgraded to the newest version.

So, apparently I just hit a seed of 091400EC instead of 0A140262, a target time of 20:54:49 instead of 20:54:50, and a delay of 226 instead of 600.

How exactly do I go about correcting this? Using Zomg Timer.
I'm pretty sure it's not humanly possible to hit a delay of 226. I'd reverify the seed you hit.

I've read a bunch of the guides and I mostly understand the process, but I feel like they're all over the place in terms of explaining which methods you can use for which Pokemon in which games. So tell me if I have this all right...
I'm playing Soul Silver trying to get a Wonder card Pokemon (the Gamestop Raikou, so I won't have to worry about nature).

I save in the Cerulean City mart because there are no moving NPCs.
I use PikaTimer to start the game on a specific time which will make it start with a specific seed.
I verify the correct seed by calling Professor Elm 10 times and making sure that his responses match the pattern that RNG Reporter says for that seed.
I then continue calling Youngster Joey and Professor Elm in order to advance the frames up to the exact frame that contains the IV spread that I want, then pick up Raikou from the guy.

Am I missing anything?

If Youngster Joey wants to battle, that does not advance the frame at all. Other than that, you've pretty much got it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)