Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've noticed this a lot. I assume it's something is messed up and everything in Pandora's Box gets assumed to be 2000 when it shows the delay. The delay you get from the seed to time window will be right.
Ah, okay. So when Pandora's Box says I hit 7170, in 2011 I ACTUALLY hit 7159. That's good, since I need to hit 7123 and that's an odd delay too. ;3 Thanks... Again for the third time, xD

Okay, I'm pretty sure the issue is I'm trying to use two different species of pokemon to get an egg move, but I can't seem to find how that affects nature. Why would breeding with a ditto opposed to anything else give the right nature?

If I have a spread that yields multiple frames, can I hit the the next frame down and still get the same result?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If I have a spread that yields multiple frames, can I hit the the next frame down and still get the same result?
I assume you're talking about the same spread on multiple frames? Yes. They will all give you the same thing.

Okay, I'm pretty sure the issue is I'm trying to use two different species of pokemon to get an egg move, but I can't seem to find how that affects nature. Why would breeding with a ditto opposed to anything else give the right nature?
Anyone know the answer? I'm stumped, and I can't find the answer anywhere.

Then what am I doing wrong? I also tried breeding a different pokemon with an egg move, and I had the same issue. What could be affecting this?
It would help if we knew exactly what was happening. You were kind of unspecific.

Also, is someone willing to help me RNG Abuse 5th gen and/or 4th gen IDs/SIDs?

And RNG Reporter 9.0 should be coming out soon? :D

It would help if we knew exactly what was happening. You were kind of unspecific.

I'm trying to breed a flawless male machop w/ adamant nature, no guard ability, and the egg move bullet punch. The parents are a female machop and a male hitmonchan with bullet punch for the egg move. For some reason, I keep getting timid nature even though I've selected seeds that are supposed to yield adamant nature.

I'll post the image I posted earlier with the stuff I filled out in RNGReporter:

The seed highlighted is the second seed I tried after the first one gave me a timid nature. This one also gave me a timid nature. They aren't international parents, but that doesn't affect anything except the shininess. The SID is 00000 because I don't actually want it shiny, I'm just using this form for nature, ability, and gender. Neither pokemon is holding a hold item (neither of them are timid either). That's all the details I can think of, but let me know if there's something else you need.

I don't think there's a way of RNG abusing 5th gen ID|SIDs atm. RNG Reporter 9.0 should have came out by now, but it looks like it's still being tested. It should be out soon.

Can't rush perfection.

And I meant RNG abusing in general in 5th gen. I should've been more clear. I want to know how to RNG Pokémon in 5th gen, and/or RNG abuse IDs/SIDs in 4th gen. lol

And @ Mastodon -- you don't have your SID in the RNG reporter. International parents generate a PID 4 times until it appears shiny, meaning that if your ID/SID combo doesn't yield a shiny for that frame, then it could potentially be a different nature/ability than someone who does have a ID/SID combo to make that frame shiny.

Oh, okay. Well I can't explain too well how to RNG abuse as I do them on an emulator. Although it's the same way, just with a frozen delay. Xp

Oh, okay. Well I can't explain too well how to RNG abuse as I do them on an emulator. Although it's the same way, just with a frozen delay. Xp
Oh, I can use an Emulator. I have a flashcart; that's how I play B/W. I just don't get how to find spreads (something about a MAC address?) and the difference between C-Gear and non-C-Gear seeds.

I'm having a hell of a time hitting my seed correctly in HG using Pikatimer. I swear, it's like you have to be pinpoint with the pings at the end of each timer with soft-resetting and starting the game. I must have tried at least four times, and the Elm responses did not match up in the slightest. Keep practicing, I guess?

I also heard somewhere that the game always seems to start on a random frame, meaning that the elm responses will turn up differently than what the Seed To Time function will tell you, and you just have to work from the frame where it appears to start. How accurate is this? Or is this just because I'm hitting my seed completely wrong?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh, I can use an Emulator. I have a flashcart; that's how I play B/W. I just don't get how to find spreads (something about a MAC address?) and the difference between C-Gear and non-C-Gear seeds.
They show you how to find your MAC address on the first page of the 5th gen RNG info. We can only predict C-Gear seeds for now because the others are encrypted somehow.

I'm having a hell of a time hitting my seed correctly in HG using Pikatimer. I swear, it's like you have to be pinpoint with the pings at the end of each timer with soft-resetting and starting the game. I must have tried at least four times, and the Elm responses did not match up in the slightest. Keep practicing, I guess?

I also heard somewhere that the game always seems to start on a random frame, meaning that the elm responses will turn up differently than what the Seed To Time function will tell you, and you just have to work from the frame where it appears to start. How accurate is this? Or is this just because I'm hitting my seed completely wrong?
Part 1: Try my timer, it's easier to hit. Use +/- 1 seconds and 100 delays on the seed to time window.

Part 2: It's accurate in my experience. It wont appear to match up from point 1, this is because the NPCs already advanced the frame.

100 delays? You can't shimmy an extra digit in that text box. Do you mean 10 by any chance?

[nevermind that last part, I just tested it]

Huh. I noticed that the initial timer that starts from when you set your DS clock to when you soft reset is significantly shorter than with Pikatimer. AND it doesn't say to tack on an extra minute before the target. Interesting, to say the least. Makes me wonder how BearsFan092 hit his seed with Suicune in his tutorial, because I'm essentially trying to do the same thing.

[edit] Derp, just saw the ability to add a minute.

Toast++

100 delays? You can't shimmy an extra digit in that text box. Do you mean 10 by any chance?

[nevermind that last part, I just tested it]

Huh. I noticed that the initial timer that starts from when you set your DS clock to when you soft reset is significantly shorter than with Pikatimer. Interesting, to say the least. Makes me wonder how BearsFan092 hit his seed with Suicune in his tutorial, because I'm essentially trying to do the same thing.
If it's too fast, try a higher target second or use the menu to add a minute. It'll do the same thing pikatimer does.

What ToastPlusOne said. Also your MAC address should be 123456. (Desmume though)

I suggest you create save states once you enter the game world. I do this so I can test out how far am I from hitting my delay.

Lets say I want to activate the C-Gear at time 06:50:45 with a delay of 3031. (Actually this is what I did on my last RNG abuse) What I do is start the game 20 seconds before minute 50. (06:49:40) Then at second 00, I reset, and enter the game world without activating the C-Gear. Go to the C-Gear to activate, but do not activate it just yet. I let the time go by till it gets to 35 seconds. Once there, I make a save state. Set it back to 35 seconds. Then when it hits second 45, quickly activate the C-Gear and go to catch a wild Pokemon. Once caught, check IVs and added them into Search IVs. (Also put the delay 999+/999-) They should match with one and show you the delay. If it is low, then set you time back to second 35. Load up the save state you did, and keep doing the same thing. The point is to have the delay as closest as possible to your desired delay. Then have your computer time set back 1-2 second and load the save state till you hit the desired time+delay.

To be honest, I think it's harder to do on an emulator. I will soon make a video on how to RNG abuse on it, as I can't explain well in words. Xp

Thanks for the new timer, Toast! I hope it works better for me.

Well, sheesh, either my timing is terrible or I'm doing something COMPLETELY wrong. Worse than that, every time I enter in my elm responses to see which seed I hit, it says no match was found for the results! This is about seventeen flavors of fucked up. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong, and it's driving me insane!

Trying to pick up Jirachi with the spread as noted below.

Seed: 0A140262, Frame: 26, 31 / 31 / 31 / 9 / 31 / 31, 2010 06 27, 20:54:50, Delay: 600, K,P,E,P,P,E,E,P,E,E

I've been alternating between PikaTimer and the new ZomgTimer, and neither one of them seem to be helping me at all. I keep thinking that there must be some crucial step I never knew about that I'm not taking, and I'll never figure it out unless I ask.

My Process, just to make sure I'm not missing anything:

1. Set DS date to 6/27/2010
2. Set DS clock to 20:54, synch with Pikatimer
3. Shut down my DS, then turn it back on (because you can't finalize clock and date changes without doing so)
4. Start HG, prepare for SR
5. SR as soon as I hear the last ding on the first timer, then start my file as soon as I hear the final ding on the second timer.
6. Elm responses don't match *headdesk *

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)