Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm very very very close right now. I practiced with the coin flip and now I'm working on getting Raikou again. For the past three times I've gotten my target delay of 660, verified by coin flip. But I'm not getting the right Raikou so I'm guessing my target frame is off.

I need 513, so I need to advance the RNG by 513 - 1 = 512 = 256 page flips. Every time a page is displayed with the appropriate message, it advances the RNG by 2 right? I have

Pg. 1 - "Caught Roselia (late night)"
Pg. 2 - Filler
Pg. 3 - Filler
Pg. 4 - Filler
Pg. 5 - "Geodude was defeated (day)"
Pg. 6 - Filler
Pg. 7 - "Defeated a male Wingull"
Pg. 8 - Caught Pineco (evening)"

So when the journal auto opens I already advance by 2 since it's on the first page. Then I make my way to pages 7 and 8, advancing by 2 more in the process ("Geodude..."). Then I flip back and forth between 7 and 8 until I've counted a total of 256 flips. I start the game afterward and pick up Raikou right away.

I'm thinking I should just catch another pokemon so that the first two pages of the journal already have messages I can use? Anyways, the last three trials, I've gotten the EXACT same Raikou, so I'm not sure if my frame is off or I'm doing the journal wrong, but I know that my delay is right bc of the coin flip
The journal's initial appearance does not advance your frame at all. -.- Everything else is right.

Okay, I've gotten all of my wondercard Pokes to work in both Plat and HGSS. I'm going for stationary legendaries now (Suicune and Lugia) and it seems pretty straightforward. Is there an easier way to find do-able seeds though without having to compromise IVs? I was trying to look for 31/x/30-31/30-31/30-31/31 for Lugia. RNG Reporter didn't give me anything and JavaRNG gave me something with like 50,000 frames.

For some of the more commonly RNG'd legendaries, is there a list of seeds floating around the people have found to work?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Okay, I've gotten all of my wondercard Pokes to work in both Plat and HGSS. I'm going for stationary legendaries now (Suicune and Lugia) and it seems pretty straightforward. Is there an easier way to find do-able seeds though without having to compromise IVs? I was trying to look for 31/x/30-31/30-31/30-31/31 for Lugia. RNG Reporter didn't give me anything and JavaRNG gave me something with like 50,000 frames.

For some of the more commonly RNG'd legendaries, is there a list of seeds floating around the people have found to work?
How about this spread...
Seed: 810b042f
Date: Jan.11, 2011
Time: 11:59:59
Delay: 1060
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/31
Frames: 3,5,7,11,13

A physically defensive Lugia is not a bad idea.
Hope that helps.

You managed to figure out the Raikou, then? That's good. By the wording of your last post I wasn't sure if you were picking up the Raikou and then checking your seed or checking your seed and then picking up Raikou. Obviously the second way would not work at all.

What you need is PokeRNG. It's in this thread on Page 1. It is MUCH faster than RNG reporter or JavaRNG, and will give you the seeds for stuff like 31/x/31/31/31/31 Calm | Bold | Timid for Lugia. I usually search for Delays 500 - 3000 for HG/SS. That generally is wide enough to get a nice low frame for each of the seeds you want.

Edit: Looks like Bond697 already posted a link to it

I'm trying to get the Lugia from Whirl Islands and I know for sure that I'm hitting my target frame and delay, verified by both roamers and prof. elm. The seed is 010B042F, and I use RNG Reporter to find a frame. Synch nature and nature are both Timid, and IVs are set to any. This gives that Frame 13 should be 31/14/31/31/31/31. But what's happening is that I'm getting a Lugia that results from not entering in synch nature and nature.

If I enter in none and any for synch nature and nature respectively, I under frame 13 I see the Lugia I keep getting. What am I doing wrong?

I was able to RNG suicune using this same method

EDIT: I got it to work. I had saved in front of Lugia's cave so I could use the Pokegear, but I thought entering Lugia's cave itself would advance the RNG by 1. Turns out it doesn't and all of my attempts were 1 off. I had synch nature AND regular nature checked off in RNG Reporter, so all I was seeing was the Timid results and not the wrong spreads that were just 1 off from my target

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is your Synchroniser at the front of the party?

Or do you have an Abra that is Timid, but doesn't have Synchronise (and so has Inner Focus).

Yup, at the front of the party with synchronize and timid nature. I'm trying a different seed now with target frame 73. I noticed that if I check off synch nature and nature, the spread I want is under frame 73. If I uncheck both of those, there is no corresponding crappy spread for frame 73. Don't think this is gonna work though...

So, like I said earlier, I'm attempting to abuse my ID/SID.
Here's the info on what I'm going to hit:
Seed: 4AD618DE
Date: 2011 01 01
Time: 06:14:59
Delay: 7123
TID: 7440
SID: 17655
Does RNG Reporter give you the delay you hit as the year 2000? What I'm trying to say is...

So, I did this a few times, and checked what delays I've hit in RNG reporter. When I hit something like "7170", do I subtract 11 from this to find out the delay I actually hit? Or is what it gave me the delay I hit?

I need to know this before I advance further... I don't even know whether the game is odd/even and need to know this to find out. -.-

Just checking, when you are doing Shiny Eggs on the RNG reporter, does ability 1 mean the 'second ability' if a pokemon has one and ability 0 mean the 'first ability'?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So, like I said earlier, I'm attempting to abuse my ID/SID.
Here's the info on what I'm going to hit:

Does RNG Reporter give you the delay you hit as the year 2000? What I'm trying to say is...

So, I did this a few times, and checked what delays I've hit in RNG reporter. When I hit something like "7170", do I subtract 11 from this to find out the delay I actually hit? Or is what it gave me the delay I hit?

I need to know this before I advance further... I don't even know whether the game is odd/even and need to know this to find out. -.-
I've noticed this a lot. I assume it's something is messed up and everything in Pandora's Box gets assumed to be 2000 when it shows the delay. The delay you get from the seed to time window will be right.

So I've been RNG'ing these machops and for some reason they keep coming out with timid nature instead of adamant. I've been trying to make it adamant, but I've RNG'ed two, and they both had timid. All the other info I asked for is correct.

Here's the info I used, and the second seed I selected. I thought maybe just changing the seed would give me the correct nature, but both seeds gave me timid nature. Anyone know why I keep getting timid?

EDIT: (of course after I post it, I think I see what I'm doing wrong). Actually, the parents aren't international. I'm guessing that effects the nature.

Whether or not they are international parents should affect the shininess and the nature...

Also I have a question. Whenever I am trying to get flawless IVS on my shiny egg breed and I hit my delay (and advance the frame correctly while confirming it with the elm calls), I sometimes only get IV spreads such as 30/31/31/31/19/0 which is certainly not what I want.
Is this normal or has a NPC screwed it up for me?

Are you sure they are exactly the same...?

New page.
Also I have a question. Whenever I am trying to get flawless IVS on my shiny egg breed and I hit my delay (and advance the frame correctly while confirming it with the elm calls), I sometimes only get IV spreads such as 30/31/31/31/19/0 which is certainly not what I want.
Is this normal or has a NPC screwed it up for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)