Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi there, I've just gone back to RNG abusing on platinum, I havn't done so in a while so I think I might have forgotten a few things.
I was trying to RNG a timid non shiny dialga using:

PID: 9F12A38C (Timid, ability 0) 31/17/31/31/31/31 (Seed: AE0A0606, Delay: 1542, Method 1: 390, J (synch): 197, J (no synch): 203) HP Dark 68.

I verified my seed/delay using coin flip checker. Then I did 101 journal flips (to advance the frame by +202) and then closed the journal and pressed A to fight dialga, caught dialga and found that I had a docile dialga. The two journal pages I used were each with atleast a caught pokemon on them. caught dratini on one page and an onix on the next page.
I'm not sure what I've done wrong but I think it's because I've forgotten that maybe coinflips advance the frame.
Do coin flips advance the frame?

Edit: Aaaaaaaaahhhh I think I know what happened :P I just checked the spread I landed on, it was on frame 183 of the right seed, so it seems pretty obvious I somehow quite stupidly missed out 20 journal flips xD hehe.

A little help, please?

HG RNG. I need help.

Calibrated delay: 492
Target delay: 526
Calibrated seconds: 14
Target seconds: 50

I'm trying to learn how to RNG in HG, but yet again, I'm having troubles. Egg RNG to be exact. Currently, I'm going for a Impish Mudkip, just to start off with, but every time I try to RNG, I fail. I try to search Elm, but they always result in failure. I'm here to review my steps and make sure I did everything right. Let me review:

1) Enter delay, second, e.t.c on Time Finder Shiny Egg.
2) Generate, select seed.
3) Right click, Generate more times.
4) Select HG and click generate on top half of Adjacent Finder.
5) Search for same time as your seed.
6) Generate on bottom half.
7) Proceed with Pikatimer. Set time and start timer at the same time.
8) Restart DS, wait on HG start menu until timer hits 0. Then SR.
9) Rapidly press A, enter game once timer hits 0.
10) Check Elm calls.

I'm doing all this, yet no results. Are these correct steps or am I going wrong somewhere?

A little help, please?

HG RNG. I need help.

Calibrated delay: 492
Target delay: 526
Calibrated seconds: 14
Target seconds: 50

I'm trying to learn how to RNG in HG, but yet again, I'm having troubles. Egg RNG to be exact. Currently, I'm going for a Impish Mudkip, just to start off with, but every time I try to RNG, I fail. I try to search Elm, but they always result in failure. I'm here to review my steps and make sure I did everything right. Let me review:

1) Enter delay, second, e.t.c on Time Finder Shiny Egg.
2) Generate, select seed.
3) Right click, Generate more times.
4) Select HG and click generate on top half of Adjacent Finder.
5) Search for same time as your seed.
6) Generate on bottom half.
7) Proceed with Pikatimer. Set time and start timer at the same time.
8) Restart DS, wait on HG start menu until timer hits 0. Then SR.
9) Rapidly press A, enter game once timer hits 0.
10) Check Elm calls.

I'm doing all this, yet no results. Are these correct steps or am I going wrong somewhere?
Try ToastPlusOne's timer instead. Pikatimer yields inconsistent results.

And try inputting the seed into Seed to Time and generating adjacent results there.

On another note, if your delays are relatively close to each other, it's a bit quicker for RNG to set your target second closer or at your calibrated seconds. Other than that - if you're doing it on HG/SS and have the option of having your roamers out roaming (lol) then do so - it helps a lot :)

Been trying forever to hit my seed for Egg IVs. How are you guys so good at this!?
You should try with a 480-500 delay seed, so you dont need pikatimer
It will all come down to mashing buttons from soft reset to ingame
490 is a good value to use with normal buttonmashing speed I guess

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You should try with a 480-500 delay seed, so you dont need pikatimer
It will all come down to mashing buttons from soft reset to ingame
490 is a good value to use with normal buttonmashing speed I guess
Urgh, I don't like that, I much prefer to pick delays that are at least 100 higher than my calibrated. Being in control as opposed to mashing yields much better results for me.

I agree with poppycock on this one :) Toastplusone's timer and picking higher delays than regularly calibrated should work well :)

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I'm about to RNG my Raikou from the wi-fi event, I've never done wondercard IVs, can anyone give me a hand as to how I should go about this? I've learned how to breed for shinyness / IVs, and to catch as well, so I just need some basic advice.

Ah.. yeah. Forgot your username. Your computer is apparently terrible, but there's no reason for emloop to not be compatible. The timer part should be the same either way.
I wouldn't say the laptop terrible. It's probably because pikatimer needs updated cause this laptop is just too good. Cause every Windows 7 Laptop I've seen so far can't download Pikatimer. So to Smogon. Update it xD

But I have a question. How do I use Emloop for HGSS?

Come to think of it *Double post sorry*
Isn't it possible to RNG without pikatimer or Zomgtimer?
Cause I tried hitting a delay of 491 which is what my calibration was. So If I hit that on the right day, time etc. Would I still hit the seed?

OK so i was just doing my initial calibration to find my average delay and thought: Couldnt i just set my target delay to be say 25 seconds and then when the second hand hits X:XX:25 press continue. Then whenever you RNG you could just use 25 seconds as your delay because its easy to just press continue at that time?
Delay isn't measured in seconds, but in frames. 4th gen games run at 30 frames per second, so unless you have amazing timing skills, it's not 'easy' to hit the right delay even with a timer.

That said, a timer does make it easier, although it might take longer for each reset.

When Wondercard RNGing in Platinum, how do you check if you hit your seed? I assume that since all NPCs move in the Marts, the RNG would advance while coin flipping, or am I mistaken?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Come to think of it *Double post sorry*
Isn't it possible to RNG without pikatimer or Zomgtimer?
Cause I tried hitting a delay of 491 which is what my calibration was. So If I hit that on the right day, time etc. Would I still hit the seed?
Yes, it is. You just have to fit what you want to the delays you can hit. Timers let you hit with more accuracy at higher delays. Button mashing will work though.

On a side note, I'm running Windows 7. Many other people using the timers use Windows 7 as well. Your computer just hates Java for some reason.

When Wondercard RNGing in Platinum, how do you check if you hit your seed? I assume that since all NPCs move in the Marts, the RNG would advance while coin flipping, or am I mistaken?
Yes. Anytime they move, they're advancing the frame.
Edit: I'm referring to the NPCs advancing the frame in the background. I don't think it affects your flips.

Kiebin: You don't know. That's the hassle to platinum wondercard abuse. I suggest first making sure your timer is good to go to hit your delay and then abuse without coin flip verification.

Hii can anyone give me some help please? im trying to rng on a flashcart but everytime i try too, i end up with no matches. really starting to bug me now lol

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)