Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

After trying forever with my AR to hit a seed, I decided to try without it and for the first few times my Elm responses matched up with something. Why?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After trying forever with my AR to hit a seed, I decided to try without it and for the first few times my Elm responses matched up with something. Why?
It's not too uncommon for the responses to match up even though you didn't hit the right thing. Either that or your calibration wasn't that far off for an AR-less game. Since there isn't a lot of detail here, I don't know what else to tell you.

Could someone explain shiny spreads?
Well this is just incredibly vague. What about them?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
like how do I find it? can I find it with just my ID and SID? What are they? What do they do?
Shiny spreads are certain PIDs that are made shiny by your ID/SID combination. You can find them with PokeRNG or RNGReporter.

Can wandering NPC's advance the frame after I selected Sweet Scent, during the short cutscene with the pink fog?
Fifth gen they do, I'm not entirely sure of fourth.

Hey guys I'm still having problems with Pikatimer. I tried Zomg timer aswell but I can't get them to load cause it's a .jar file.

I think this laptop just can't run it. anyone else having these problems trying to access the program?

Toast++

Hey guys I'm still having problems with Pikatimer. I tried Zomg timer aswell but I can't get them to load cause it's a .jar file.

I think this laptop just can't run it. anyone else having these problems trying to access the program?
I'm guessing when you say "problems," you mean it wont open either? Have you installed Java?

Toast++

Yeah we've been through this before remember.
It's me JAck from Friendcodes again. I just realised Emloop isn't compatible with HG/SS
Ah.. yeah. Forgot your username. Your computer is apparently terrible, but there's no reason for emloop to not be compatible. The timer part should be the same either way.

I have to break down and post a few n00b questions; Wondercard RNGing has me baffled. I've successfully bred several flawless shineys, so if someone could break down a few of the differences I'd appreciate it.

My primary problem is understanding how to hit the initial seeds posted on the DPP guide (currently seed: 52140289 frame: 116 for a flawless Arceus).

ID: 33615
SID: 36482
My actual initial seed is: 43040265
Method 1 Frame: 30 Seconds: 15 Delay: 602

I am watching the youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2WHU8cuE1s) but he just says to use the spreads on Smogon without explaining how that actually works.

Nevermind, I think it finally clicked.

After a couple hours, I finally hit my seed and got a shiny egg. Now I just need to do the IVs part. I gotta give you guys a ton of props.. I don't know how y'all do this like it's nothing. My patience has been tested.

I see it but it says it's for DPPt. :s
DPPt and HGSS work the same way (other than Method J/K); the DPPt Egg PID method works in HGSS too.
New Page Post. Plus I tend to get forgotten
Wonder Card Helper isn't used for finding spreads - you want to use PokéRNG for that. The Wonder Card frame is the Method 1 frame + 2 (if the M1 frame is, say, 114, the WC frame is 116). The max IVs for HP Fire are 31/30/31/30/31/30; there are two spreads with this combination. If you don't mind having lower Attack, there's dozens of spreads to choose from.
Wonder Card Helper is used once you've found your spread and started resetting, to find the seed/frame you actually hit (so you can adjust).
like how do I find it? can I find it with just my ID and SID? What are they? What do they do?
The shininess of a Pokémon depends partly on its ID and SID. As the RNG has a 32-bit seed, there are around 4,000,000,000 possible wild Pokémon spreads that can be generated. As the chance of getting a shiny is roughly 1/8000, around 500,000 of the 4,000,000,000 spreads will be shiny on your game. This also means that each spread has a roughly 1/8000 chance of being shiny in your game; this is why people RNG for specific IDs/SIDs (so they can get a certain spread as shiny).
Obviously 500,000 is still a lot, so you'll want to narrow it down using criteria such as IVs and nature. This is where PokéRNG comes in; input your ID/SID, set some criteria (25+ in the important stats and a nature should give you a few results; tweak the criteria until you're happy with the results), and click 'Start Search'. PokéRNG is a lot faster than RNG Reporter at searching for spreads; it will find all your shiny spreads in a matter of seconds.
Once you've found a decent shiny spread, you can proceed to RNG it as you would a non-shiny Pokémon (see the first page for guides).
After a couple hours, I finally hit my seed and got a shiny egg. Now I just need to do the IVs part. I gotta give you guys a ton of props.. I don't know how y'all do this like it's nothing. My patience has been tested.
Hitting seeds becomes easier with practise ;)

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can someone explain how to RNG for hidden powers?
Its absolutely the same thing. Except, the mon you are trying to RNG will need specific IV's to have a particular hidden power. Supppose you want a HP FIRE 68+ pokemon. If you want to breed it, you have to find a spread that gives you the requisite IV's. Use a HP calculator for this. If you doing captures you will have to find a spread using PokeRNG or RNGReportter that gives you the wanted Hp.

OK so i was just doing my initial calibration to find my average delay and thought: Couldnt i just set my target delay to be say 25 seconds and then when the second hand hits X:XX:25 press continue. Then whenever you RNG you could just use 25 seconds as your delay because its easy to just press continue at that time?

Alright, so I'm moderately frustrated with my progress right now. I've RNG'd WonderCard 'mons before (3 or 4), but it's been a while. I got the 3 shiny beasts from GameStop on Platinum and decided to try and RNG again. I went through the whole procedure of calibrating, practicing hitting my seed, etc etc etc. When I went to actually do it, I did the page flips and checked my seed with the coin flip. Nailed my seed. I go in to the mart to talk to the bellhop and he gives me Raikou, as planned. But when I go to check the stats, the IVs are off. "Okay," I think, "maybe my frame was off by a bit due to someone moving or something." So I check what frame I actually did hit and it ended up being 273, whereas I was aiming for 54 (I did 26 journal flips due to 1 wandering 'mon. Also I was using WonderCard IVs on RNG Reporter, not Method 1). So I tried the whole process again, but without flipping pages to see if for some reason my game started with an initial frame. But sure enough, when I hit the seed and picked up the Raikou, it had the EXACT same IVs, even though I hadn't flipped the journal at all.

Now when I was flipping the journal, I was flipping between a post that was "____ defeated a BIDOOF", which I thought still worked (according to the Smogon RNG Manipulation Guide Part 3). I also thought that the frame always started at 0 when you soft reset.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I tried searching but I didn't really find anything with the same situation. Any input would be appreciated.

EDIT: I didn't think I would need to put my target seed here (since I was actually hitting it) but I figured I might as well, just to be safe.

Shiny Gamestop Raikou
WonderCard IVs
Target Seed: 600C029B
Target Frame: 54 (was getting 273)
Using Date: 2067 05 12
Time: 12:25:11
Delay: 600
I got what RNG Reporter said, T, H, T, T, H, T, T, H, T, T

EDIT2: This time I tried using only journal pages with a 'Caught' message, and I flipped to it 26 times (as I would have before), but now RNG Reporter is telling me I hit frame 204, after determining the new IVs of the Raikou. I'm confused.

EDIT 3: So I've been playing around and I've narrowed it down a bit. I'm in Sandgem Town, first of all, saved right outside the door of the mart. It's gotten to the point where I can get the frame to 52 by doing 22 journal flips with CAUGHT pokemon, and 56 by doing 23 journal flips. So it has to be someone walking around right? Well if it is, it's not someone on my screen, because the person in the mart never gets a step or turn in by the time I've collected the Raikou. I just don't understand why I can't get the frame to 54. It's incredibly frustrating. Anything I can try?

EDIT 3: So I've been playing around and I've narrowed it down a bit. I'm in Sandgem Town, first of all, saved right outside the door of the mart. It's gotten to the point where I can get the frame to 52 by doing 22 journal flips with CAUGHT pokemon, and 56 by doing 23 journal flips. So it has to be someone walking around right? Well if it is, it's not someone on my screen, because the person in the mart never gets a step or turn in by the time I've collected the Raikou. I just don't understand why I can't get the frame to 54. It's incredibly frustrating. Anything I can try?
Sometimes the RNG tells them to turn to the direction they're already facing. The result? The frame advances, but you see no NPC movement.

And why are you saving outside of the Pokemart as opposed to right in front of the guy who gives it to you? And if caught Pokémon pages work, use them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)