Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

yee: I had a similar problem back a few pages with my target frame being 141 and hitting 143 after 70 journal flips. Im going to try the sandgem mart suggestion and hopefully it works if not im also at a loss of what to do.

EDIT: Ok went to Sandgem and used that Mart, hit my delay/target time and did 70 journal flips and got my target frame of 141. Which just means that those damn NPC's were screwing me over multiple times 2 nights ago.

But hey I got my perfect (aside from SpA) flareblitz/ES adamant entei so I'll forgive them for now.

Still need help on getting a quintflawless, shiny, Adamant Groudon.

What do I need help with? Everything. I have one of the PID's Eminem posted and I entered it into Pandora's box but I don't know what to do from there.
Pandora's Box should give you a list of TIDs/SIDs. Choose one, and put its seed into RNG Reporter to get a time and delay. The delay should be quite large (at least 4000ish).

Now, delete your save file (Up+B+Select on the title screen); make sure you don't have anything valuable on it. This means you can RNG for a TID/SID. You don't have to worry about hitting the frame, just the seed; it's the exact same as RNGing for a Pokémon, except that the seed is generated right when your character appears in the game world (after the shrinking animation). This means the delay and seconds you get will depend on when you pressed A after Oak's speech, rather than when you pressed A to continue. Once you have the Trainer Card, check your trainer ID; Pandora's Box should have an option for you to input this and check how far off you were. Once you get the correct trainer ID, you can play through the game until you get to Groudon, then RNG it normally (make sure you aim for the spread whose PID you put into Pandora's Box), and it will be shiny.

For those getting variable frames when RNGing Wonder Cards, try resaving until you get a reliable frame.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Pandora's Box should give you a list of TIDs/SIDs. Choose one, and put its seed into RNG Reporter to get a time and delay. The delay should be quite large (at least 4000ish).

Now, delete your save file (Up+B+Select on the title screen); make sure you don't have anything valuable on it. This means you can RNG for a TID/SID. You don't have to worry about hitting the frame, just the seed; it's the exact same as RNGing for a Pokémon, except that the seed is generated right when your character appears in the game world (after the shrinking animation). This means the delay and seconds you get will depend on when you pressed A after Oak's speech, rather than when you pressed A to continue. Once you have the Trainer Card, check your trainer ID; Pandora's Box should have an option for you to input this and check how far off you were. Once you get the correct trainer ID, you can play through the game until you get to Groudon, then RNG it normally (make sure you aim for the spread whose PID you put into Pandora's Box), and it will be shiny.

For those getting variable frames when RNGing Wonder Cards, try resaving until you get a reliable frame.
And what if you are like 3 seconds and 145 delays off what you should hit?

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And what if you are like 3 seconds and 145 frames off what you should hit?
FYI frames do not exist in ID/SID manipulation, so thats pointless. Please edit and clarify. Also if you are consistently 3 seconds off then you can leave the timer 3 seconds before the second you have to hit.

EDIT Ninja'd, Wichu I think he probably means ID/SID abuse only a moron could be 145 frames off in WC abuse( not even sure how)

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Did you even read the post I made before you ??
Oh lol, yeah I just did. So you mean updating the timer with filling in the delay I got into the 'Other Delay' box in PikaTimer? I've done that a billion times, but when I used the SID check code, I couldn't find the delay I got from 1 to 25,000 >_<

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh lol, yeah I just did. So you mean updating the timer with filling in the delay I got into the 'Other Delay' box in PikaTimer? I've done that a billion times, but when I used the SID check code, I couldn't find the delay I got from 1 to 25,000 >_<
I would recommend you to trash pikatimer and go for Zomgtimer. The Calibration of Pikatimer is crap and are you sure you are entering the proper end time in Pandora's Box ?? Thats all you have to do. I ID/SID abused without an AR :P

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi how can i see what is my usual delay?Calibration phase like DPPt or something else?
Calibrate on HGSS, then RNG a few things using the delay and use updates with ZomgTimer, you will eventually find a delay that works best for you, for example mine started out at 488-510 range, then using zomgtimer I found that 474 game me the best results. You only need to calibrate to find out whether you're even or odd, and your seconds.

Oh ok.. Now it makes sense. Thanks. I won't delete my SS file, but I'll probably try doing this for someone else on my Pearl since I don't use it anyway.

If I want to use the PID that my actual ID/SID generated, I just have to hit that seed? I see it's on frame 365.. What's the quickest way to get up that high? I've never done anything with such a high frame.

Oh ok.. Now it makes sense. Thanks. I won't delete my SS file, but I'll probably try doing this for someone else on my Pearl since I don't use it anyway.

If I want to use the PID that my actual ID/SID generated, I just have to hit that seed? I see it's on frame 365.. What's the quickest way to get up that high? I've never done anything with such a high frame.
In HG/SS you can use radio tuning, and in D/P use the Journal. 365 isn't really that high; it will only take a minute or so. If there are no moving NPCs in the area, check that you hit the right seed using roamers, Elm calls or coin flips before advancing the frame.

BTW, I've done frames in the thousands before. Never again.

I have a question about PokeRNG. If I'm just looking for a specific shiny IV spread, what do I enter for the IDs? I left them blank and nothing came up on the search.

In HG/SS you can use radio tuning, and in D/P use the Journal. 365 isn't really that high; it will only take a minute or so. If there are no moving NPCs in the area, check that you hit the right seed using roamers, Elm calls or coin flips before advancing the frame.

BTW, I've done frames in the thousands before. Never again.
Ahh ok. I'll try this out probably later. It just sounds like it's super easy to mess up or lose count. Thanks.

I have a question about PokeRNG. If I'm just looking for a specific shiny IV spread, what do I enter for the IDs? I left them blank and nothing came up on the search.

Ahh ok. I'll try this out probably later. It just sounds like it's super easy to mess up or lose count. Thanks.
For your other question, any spread can be shiny depending on your TID/SID. If you're looking for a spread to use in Pandora's Box, leave the 'Shiny' checkbox empty.

EDIT: In HG/SS, you can use Elm calls to check your frame too. In D/P/Pt, my strategy is to fill the Journal with frame-advancing messages (you'll have to catch 10 Pokémon on different days), and set it to the Y button. Each time you press Y, flick through, and flick back, is 38 advances; setting it to Y lets you use the Counter Pokétch app to count the number of times you've flicked through.

dragonboy52
31/30/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 18050422 Method 1: 2) HP ICE 70
31/30/30/31/31/31 (Seed: cf070985 Method 1: 6) HP ICE 70
31/30/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 4a120f68 Method 1: 8) HP ICE 70
31/30/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 98050422 Method 1: 2) HP ICE 70
31/30/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 4f070985 Method 1: 6) HP ICE 70
31/30/30/31/31/31 (Seed: ca120f68 Method 1: 8) HP ICE 70

31/31/30/30/31/31 (Seed: 7602021b Method 1: 581) HP GRASS 70
31/31/30/30/31/31 (Seed: 351205a8 Method 1: 29) HP GRASS 70
31/31/30/30/31/31 (Seed: f602021b Method 1: 581) HP GRASS 70
31/31/30/30/31/31 (Seed: b51205a8 Method 1: 29) HP GRASS 70

Edit issue resolved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)