Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Thanks to smogon I have successfully learned many methods of RNGing!! x3
Anyway my next goal is to RNG fossils in my SS game, so my question is that which method should I use and what do I do next when I hit my seed.
So can anyone help me please? ^^

Never mind, I just put method 1 and did the rest and it worked somehow!! xD

ok so my other question is and I hope the answer is no, do I have to RNG my ID/SID to get flawless fossils from the museum?

Thanks to smogon I have successfully learned many methods of RNGing!! x3
Anyway my next goal is to RNG fossils in my SS game, so my question is that which method should I use and what do I do next when I hit my seed.
So can anyone help me please? ^^

Never mind, I just put method 1 and did the rest and it worked somehow!! xD

ok so my other question is and I hope the answer is no, do I have to RNG my ID/SID to get flawless fossils from the museum?
Only if you want them to be shiny.

oh darn, so I guess I really have to delete my other pkm game. :p
Thanks for answering Kiebin!! :)
The people in here are really helpful and nice!! ^^

Still need help on getting a quintflawless, shiny, Adamant Groudon.

What do I need help with? Everything. I have one of the PID's Eminem posted and I entered it into Pandora's box but I don't know what to do from there.

Solaceon Ruins being in DPPt if I recall? I thought it was always +2 in grass/caves and +3 in water for DPPt? Maybe this has changed, but yeah

Is it common that someone can get only odd or even delays while resetting? Im resetting for the Wi-Fi Entei right now, my spread is at a delay of 1087. I have hit 1086 and 1088 on the right second 8 times each. I also just found out I have hit 1088 on the wrong second at least twice. After 4 hours of resetting, I have not noticed a single odd delay. I have only kept track of about 20 total but I don't remember an odd one in there and im pretty sure I would've hit my target by now considering im resetting about 30 times an hour.

I've never had this problem before, not even when I was resetting for the Raikou from the same event.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it common that someone can get only odd or even delays while resetting? Im resetting for the Wi-Fi Entei right now, my spread is at a delay of 1087. I have hit 1086 and 1088 on the right second 8 times each. I also just found out I have hit 1088 on the wrong second at least twice. After 4 hours of resetting, I have not noticed a single odd delay. I have only kept track of about 20 total but I don't remember an odd one in there and im pretty sure I would've hit my target by now considering im resetting about 30 times an hour.

I've never had this problem before, not even when I was resetting for the Raikou from the same event.
Yes and No

1) On diamond and Pearl you should normally get mixed delays.

2) On Platinum and HGSS the delay is usually either odd or even. Also if you insert or remove a 3rd generatiobn pokemon cart( emerald, fire red etc) the delay changes from odd/even to even/odd. Increasing or Decreasing your year by 1 Decreases or Increases your Delay by.

Follow the advice/instruction applicable to you. Hope it helps

@ barry4ever and Poppycock(lol)

Thanks for the advice although im still not sure exactly whats going on, im on Diamond with no game cart in. I guess ill try changing the year, thanks again :)

I think im onto something here. I moved to 2010 so I could hit my delay, and twice I hit 1088, my target. I aimed for frame 13. However, I got stats from frame 14 both times, which might mean that the event Entei starts on frame 2. I flipped the journal to the proper pages 6 times then instantly got him, which should mean frame 13. Has anyone here RNG'd that Entei? I got the right frame for the Raikou.

Sorry about posting again but im pretty sure Entei isn't initially on frame 1. Ill try doing 5 journal flips then pausing before getting it and see if that gets me frame 13.

Edit- I flipped the journal 5 times and got a frame of 12, so im almost 100% sure Entei is on frame 2 for some reason. And if anyone was wondering according to my game NPCs dont advance the frame unless they move, them standing there for a second doesnt increase it.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think im onto something here. I moved to 2010 so I could hit my delay, and twice I hit 1088, my target. I aimed for frame 13. However, I got stats from frame 14 both times, which might mean that the event Entei starts on frame 2. I flipped the journal to the proper pages 6 times then instantly got him, which should mean frame 13. Has anyone here RNG'd that Entei? I got the right frame for the Raikou.

Sorry about posting again but im pretty sure Entei isn't initially on frame 1. Ill try doing 5 journal flips then pausing before getting it and see if that gets me frame 13.

Edit- I flipped the journal 5 times and got a frame of 12, so im almost 100% sure Entei is on frame 2 for some reason. And if anyone was wondering according to my game NPCs dont advance the frame unless they move, them standing there for a second doesnt increase it.
If you're talking about the wi-fi Entei and Raikou it's still NPCs, they don't have to move, they can turn, nor do they have to be onscreen.

Yes, its wifi entei im trying to do. Im in the jubilife pokemart so theres only one npc, and in that test where i flipped the journal 5 times and got a frame of 12, he didnt budge. Either that or im too tired and my minds playing tricks on me.

Also I let the guy move(he moved after about half a second), and with 5 journal flips I ended with a frame of 14. I thought it was an increase by 1 when they moved, now im totally stuck on how to get frame 13.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, its wifi entei im trying to do. Im in the jubilife pokemart so theres only one npc, and in that test where i flipped the journal 5 times and got a frame of 12, he didnt budge. Either that or im too tired and my minds playing tricks on me.

Also I let the guy move(he moved after about half a second), and with 5 journal flips I ended with a frame of 14. I thought it was an increase by 1 when they moved, now im totally stuck on how to get frame 13.
You might have to pick a different mart, or find a different seed. However, if you have HG/SS, it's MUCH better to do it on those, as your frames are trackable and you can advance by 1.

Well ill try a different seed later, maybe thats why all these weird things have been happening, i knew it was too easy and good to be true haha. The pokemart cant be the problem because I got Raikou perfect from it.

Ill also do it on my Heart Gold, I only need one Entei to be happy so no loss there. However, this 5 hours of attempting to RNG was supposed to be spent studying for a test so ill have to do it later, thanks for all your help Poppycock!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)