Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay.

So after numerous RNG successes in HG, I am now trying the same in Platinum. I lucked out with a frame 4 seed with a delay of 2083 (or 2084) for Heatran. I saved the game in such a way that the journal wouldn't pop up as I start my file. Typically, I miss my seed (quite a few times), and attempt to find out what I actually hit.

The big problem here is that many, many times I have tried this, both with even and odd delays, and every time it says my result was not found. Now I know for a fact that I wasn't that far off. What am I doing wrong? I hope that maybe I just slipped up while I was recording the flips.

[edit] I happen to know for a fact that I'm hitting odd delays, but for some reason all but maybe two of my results have come up empty, which is how I found out. I even gave the delays + and - 20. It also probably didn't help that I set my calibrated delay in EonTimer to 600. I'll try 400, see if that makes any difference.

[edit2] Nope.

Ok from now on give us the seed and the flips you are actually getting. My calibrated delay for DPPt is 604-606, so most likely your delay was way off. Expand the +/- to 99 and input your flips then.

I have no idea how it could be that far off, but okay. I'll give it a try soon.

The flips I'm supposed to be getting, just for reference, are H, H, H, H, H, H, T, T, T, T.

Already starting to miss how much more streamlined RNG'ing is for HG/SS.

[edit] All right, I tried it once more, and hit a delay of 2073 with the results H, H, H, H, T, H, T, H, T, T. After making the adjustment in EonTimer and going through it again these are my results: T, H, T, T, H, T, T, H, T, H with a delay of 2130. So I'm pretty sure now that all of those times I simply screwed up the recording of my flips somewhere. Either way, I have no idea how I could possibly be this far off.

[edit2] Just recalibrated. Hit a delay of 2040, T,T,H,H,H,T,T,T,H,H. Wow. Simply amazing how far off you can be in this game. At least I'm within the same second.

Yea DPPt seems, at least for me more static when it come to hitting delays then HGSS. Just keep entering in the delay you hit and you'll get it eventually(this is also why I only breed/capture on HG now unless I absolutely have to).

Question:

I just pulled up a Shiny Seed for Lugia

Now the big question is, the phone doesn't work in Lugia's actual cave. :( (lovely)

I'd have to go back into the cave, walk some steps, then Surf.

Are there any sneaky RNG advances I need to know of doing this, like going in the door, and surfing?

-James

Yea DPPt seems, at least for me more static when it come to hitting delays then HGSS. Just keep entering in the delay you hit and you'll get it eventually(this is also why I only breed/capture on HG now unless I absolutely have to).

Well, I need Heatran, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and some wondercard pokes so I really need to get used to this. I'm glad my first attempt requires only a 3 frame advancement before I talk to him on the 4th, so I don't need any special preparation for journal flips. I just need to walk out of the area, turn in any two directions, then go back in to BATTORU!

@Nightmare: Just make your calls in the room right before him. Far as I know, going in there and using surf doesn't advance the frame, but, of course, engaging in battle with Lugia does (by 1).

Question:

Now the big question is, the phone doesn't work in Lugia's actual cave. :( (lovely)

Are there any sneaky RNG advances I need to know of doing this, like going in the door, and surfing?

-James
If you stand right outside lugias cave you can use the pokegear.

Need help on Ruby starters.
I hit my target, got wrong spread, but when I plugged it into RNG Reporter 9.94 alpha, methods 1, 2, and 4 all yielded no results.

Target Spread: 31/30/31/24/30/0 (Brave)
Target Frame: 303092
Spread Received: 27/9/8/13/15/1 (Bashful)

Any help?

Just never ends. I found that suddenly, for some reason, I was hitting even delays, because twice in a row I hit 2084 when my target was 2083. So then when I switched to a delay of 2084, I tried it again and hit 2083! I don't know what this game's deal is, but it's kinda pissing me off. It shouldn't be able to switch between even and odd delays on a whim, especially when hitting either or becomes mutually exclusive.

Need help on Ruby starters.
I hit my target, got wrong spread, but when I plugged it into RNG Reporter 9.94 alpha, methods 1, 2, and 4 all yielded no results.

Target Spread: 31/30/31/24/30/0 (Brave)
Target Frame: 303092
Spread Received: 27/9/8/13/15/1 (Bashful)

Any help?
Cart or rom?

If cart is it dead battery, because I see the seed in 9.93 and the frame you hit is not even in 5m of available spread with seed 5a0.

Question:

-James

No, there are no sneaky RNG advances unless you trigger the 128 steps, which likely won't happen. You can stand right outside the door and advance the frame normally, then walk in/surf/talk to Lugia.

Rom, dead battery. Running turbo speed, so 5 minutes = less then a minute.
Maybe Hozu and GB will be able to help in this case.
Sorry but I only rng on retail
But there really should not be problem?

Edit emu might be causing something to happen, that frame you hit is not even in 50mil in all methods

@above
frame may/not advance by 1 when entering lugia cave. I think it varied on my hg/ss

What does "Encounter Slot" mean in RNG Reporter, and what should it be for RNGing Lugia in SoulSilver?

This should help. The encounter slot of a frame determines which wild Pokemon will appear in each area when Sweet Scenting.

Simply put, it doesn't matter at all for stationary or gift Pokemon.

edit: fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

No, there are no sneaky RNG advances unless you trigger the 128 steps, which likely won't happen. You can stand right outside the door and advance the frame normally, then walk in/surf/talk to Lugia.

Just got it.

Thanks.

I really got to get better at hitting my delays: Once a half hour won't cut it.

-James

Can Raikou and Entei both be on the same route? I'm using them to check if I hit my delay (can't use Elm's dialogue because I'm trying to RNG Lugia on the first encounter), and for my seed they should both be on Route 46.

Alright! Got my Lugia, Timid 30/15/30/31/31/31. Seed of c5150212, date of 2033-05-25, target time 21:59:13, delay of 497, and a great super-low frame of 16.

Thanks for the advice voodoo, i1338, and DarkChaos.

Hello everyone.
I still have problems on platinum RNG abuse on hitting delays for legends.
The problem is that I can't hit my wanted sec.
For example, I hit the time 13:38:50, when I'm supposed to hit the time 13:38:55.
I do hit the right delay or near sometimes but the problem is the second.
Does anyone knows how to fix this please?

^ you have your seconds at +/- 5 don't you :(. If you're using a timer(I assume you are) then just set the +/- for seconds at 0, reason being is the coin flips are the same for a group of seconds meaning when you search your flips it just gives you the first result(50 seconds).

So good news is you've been hitting your delay with the correct seconds, bad news is because of that little hiccup, you've wasted a lot of time.

With Shiny eggs in HG/SS, if any of the parents hold an everstone, does it mess up the frames? I hit my delay and saved on the last egg (my frame is 13, and I said no to 12 of them) and the egg was not shiny.

Got a question about the Sinjoh Ruins event, since I'm likely using that (coupled with multiple backup saves) to grab competitive-worthy Ubers rather than Platinum.

I've never actually gone through the event in question, but I've read about it on Bulbapedia and know that the generation method is 1. I just need to know at what moment the nature and IV's are decided (hence where to save).

Also, kind of unrelated, is the use of PokeGen to hack the Azure Flute into DPPt frowned upon here, or no? I understand that battling someone here requires that you divulge info on any and all modifications you make to your game, which are agreed on beforehand, but given the engineered scarcity of these event-mons (and the fact that Azure Flute was never released), I doubt anyone is going to argue as long as the stats are legal.

Back