Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

What's a typical starting frame for Tornadus/Thundurus? When I attempted to RNG a shiny Thundurus in my White, I couldn't match up anything between 550-750, like the guide says.

I just have a quick general question for heart gold/ soul silver.

You know how those power items and everstones influence inheritted IV's and Natures?, well i am wondering if i can use these items in conjunction with seeds to "force" a 31/31/31/x/31/31 pokemon. I've tried it on a gible about 2 or so times, and im planning to do so more until i can hit my target. But i want some verification on whether or not using these held items fuck up the seed or something.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just have a quick general question for heart gold/ soul silver.

You know how those power items and everstones influence inheritted IV's and Natures?, well i am wondering if i can use these items in conjunction with seeds to "force" a 31/31/31/x/31/31 pokemon. I've tried it on a gible about 2 or so times, and im planning to do so more until i can hit my target. But i want some verification on whether or not using these held items fuck up the seed or something.
They change the way the stats are generated, and nobody bothered implementing the method into Reporter because it's so easy to find breeding seeds without them that it wouldn't be worth the effort. Don't use them.

They change the way the stats are generated, and nobody bothered implementing the method into Reporter because it's so easy to find breeding seeds without them that it wouldn't be worth the effort. Don't use them.
alright, also is it correct that usually the seed starts at frame 1 whenever you enter the game, so if i spam A to get the egg, it will be at frame 1?

And since you said don't use them, I am assuming it messes up the rng generator when I use the everstone and the power items. If i am not alotted an everstone, how am I suppose to manipulate the nature of the pokemon?

EDIT: Also you have a nice signiture :D

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
alright, also is it correct that usually the seed starts at frame 1 whenever you enter the game, so if i spam A to get the egg, it will be at frame 1?

And since you said don't use them, I am assuming it messes up the rng generator when I use the everstone and the power items. If i am not alotted an everstone, how am I suppose to manipulate the nature of the pokemon?

EDIT: Also you have a nice signiture :D
The PID frame is almost always at 1, unless you advance it deliberately or get a call. The IV frame is exactly the same as a capture RNG, and will only be at 1 if you have no roamers active and make no calls/Chatots (in other words, if you don't do anything that could confirm your seed in any way).

If you aren't manipulating the PIDRNG, then you can use an Everstone, it doesn't affect IVs as far as I know. If you are manipulating the PIDRNG, though, you just need to search for a seed with your target nature.

The PID frame is almost always at 1, unless you advance it deliberately or get a call. The IV frame is exactly the same as a capture RNG, and will only be at 1 if you have no roamers active and make no calls/Chatots (in other words, if you don't do anything that could confirm your seed in any way).

If you aren't manipulating the PIDRNG, then you can use an Everstone, it doesn't affect IVs as far as I know. If you are manipulating the PIDRNG, though, you just need to search for a seed with your target nature.
Alright thank you. Im not manipulating the PIDRNG (not looking for shinies) just looking for a good IV spread. So i think i will use the everstone but i will drop the power item.

Also, do you recall that when you try to obtain an egg from the day care man, he tries to do some small talk with you and as a result there is a slight delay before i get the egg. Does this delay matter at all when I am trying to hit a seed? In otherwords, are the pokemon's eggs IV's determined when i get the egg exactly, or when i start talking to the daycare man?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Also, do you recall that when you try to obtain an egg from the day care man, he tries to do some small talk with you and as a result there is a slight delay before i get the egg. Does this delay matter at all when I am trying to hit a seed? In otherwords, are the pokemon's eggs IV's determined when i get the egg exactly, or when i start talking to the daycare man?
Delay is set when you hit Continue (except for ID/SID abuse since there is no Continue), it doesn't matter how long you spend talking to the guy.

I need help! (rare candies, evs)

I have a lvl 17 blissey i've maxed out its evs:

HP: 252
SPECIALd: 252
Speed: 4

stats:

HP: 126
DEF: 13
SP. A: 31
Sp. d: 57
Speed: 25

Is it now ok for me to use rare candies up to lvl 100? please reply :D

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I have a lvl 17 blissey i've maxed out its evs:

HP: 252
SPECIALd: 252
Speed: 4

stats:

Is it now ok for me to use rare candies up to lvl 100? please reply :D
If you're confident you did the training correctly then yes, it's perfectly safe to use rare candies (if you're not certain, you can check by uploading your Pokémon to Pokécheck to see the exact EVs and other information).

erm... i looked at it but really don't know how to use the pokecheck.
I don't know your IV's but according to PO, a hardy Blissey level 17 with 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Spe should have these stats:

Compared to what you posted:

So because of the lack of nature, IV's and such, its hard to tell anything other than you don't have a perfect HP IV.

Can anybody answer my question-
Do roamers affect the Egg RNG (Shiny/Nature & IVs)? Because I want to verify my seed using them and don't wanna waste my time using Elm Calls, also, when roamers change routes does that advance the RNG?

Can anybody answer my question-
Do roamers affect the Egg RNG (Shiny/Nature & IVs)? Because I want to verify my seed using them and don't wanna waste my time using Elm Calls, also, when roamers change routes does that advance the RNG?
Roamers can be used for verifying your seed but they change your initial frame for PIDRNG. Use Seed to Time window to check which frames are skipped. Many seeds also give similar results for roamers so it's still recommend to use Elm Calls/Chatots/Radio Seed as double check.

Roamers can be used for verifying your seed but they change your initial frame for PIDRNG. Use Seed to Time window to check which frames are skipped. Many seeds also give similar results for roamers so it's still recommend to use Elm Calls/Chatots/Radio Seed as double check.
Thanks, also can I catch a romaer on a different date than the one that I actually abuse it on? Like let's say I rng abuse a Flawless Latias in the Pokemon League and have later caught and verified that this is the one I was aiming for, so now I can change my date and catch it? Will that mess it up?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You can absolutely do that. After you verify you got the results you wanted, shut your game off, change the date, and capture her again.

You can absolutely do that. After you verify you got the results you wanted, shut your game off, change the date, and capture her again.
Thanks Cereza, the thing is that I have captured and RNG Abused all of my Pokemon on 1 January, 2012 and I want all of them to have the same capture date. I originally took 4 days to beat the Hall of Fame for the first time in HG with my adventure starting on 1 Jan 2012 and the Hall of Fame was also beaten on Jan 1 2012. I don't know why I do this, probably cosmetics........

What's the starting frame of Raikou, Entei and Latias? In Nexus' thread he mentions them as 1, 6 and 11 respectively but in Everstone's Thread, they all have their starting frame mentioned as one.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
What's the starting frame of Raikou, Entei and Latias? In Nexus' thread he mentions them as 1, 6 and 11 respectively but in Everstone's Thread, they all have their starting frame mentioned as one.
They're on 1/6/11 if you do them all at once, they're all 1 if you do one at a time (pretty much only matters if you're trying to do Entei at the Burned Tower, you should never be RNGing more than one of them at a time).

They're on 1/6/11 if you do them all at once, they're all 1 if you do one at a time (pretty much only matters if you're trying to do Entei at the Burned Tower, you should never be RNGing more than one of them at a time).
So that means, that when I RNG Latias at the Pokemon League, it will have a starting frame of 11.

Only if Raikou and Entei are also KO'd.
I don't understand you. Let's say, I want to RNG Abuse Raikou and have KO'ed it with Latias and Entei Roaming the map, so what will be it's starting frame? Also please tell me the starting frame of -
1)Entei if I have KO'ed it and have Raikou and Latias Roaming
2)Latias if I have KO'ed it and have Raikou and Entei Roaming

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
if you're only RNGing one at the time, their starting frame will always be one. 1/6/11 frames only come into play if you KO'd two or all of them, if that's not the case; disregard them.

Question:

I bagged a perfect Timid Raikou in HG/SS, but don't want to go after the Entei at the moment because it's quite frankly, useless and I want to see if other move tutors come out.

I want to go after a Shiny Latias (which I haven't released)

Which frames would the Pokemon be on when I Chatot them in the Elite 4?

-James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)