Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Your right, I didn't understand how synch worked in fourth gen and just assumed it was the same as fifth gen (where I've pretty much RNGed everything lol.) Also are you saying that there's no flawless adamant spreads, even non-shiny ones?
There will never be a straight 31 Adamant spread, shiny or non-shiny. The closest thing I personally use is 31/31/31/17/31/31 (used that for my own Ho-Oh, in fact). Perhaps you should try to redo your TID/SID to that spread lol.

There will never be a straight 31 Adamant spread, shiny or non-shiny. The closest thing I personally use is 31/31/31/17/31/31 (used that for my own Ho-Oh, in fact). Perhaps you should try to redo your TID/SID to that spread lol.
No I'm happy with my TID SID I just would have liked to have gotten more shiny legends out of it.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Thanks for the information! Very much appreciated!

Edit: just looked at the guide, that was the guide that I didn't understand hence I came here for help. I don't understand what initial (monster) frames is for.
Oh ok. Well, hopefully there's still something I wrote that's useful haha. I think those frames are the extra ones that are generated after you push A to interact with them. In other words, there's a slight delay between when you interact with them and when the PID is fixed. So, in theory, you can subtract those frames from your target frame and then use that new time to aim for. So, for the ID's, it's a frame delay of 75. So if your ID frame is 100, you would subtract 75 frames from your target, thus aiming for frame 25. Make sense?

tbh, I kinda just ignored those numbers. Although I'm sure they're right, they're probably based on hitting A exactly when the timer ends, something I'm never able to really do. So what I did was aim for the target time, and then found where I landed. Assuming I can do that consistently, I subtracting the delta from my target, and then aimed for that. The key is to be consistent. As long as you can do that, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Edit: I understand that it's a bit confusing. If you have any other questions (about the guide or otherwise) or need me to flesh out the details, feel free to ask :)

Alright so even though I won't be able to use that seed for Ho-Oh when I do use it what frame should I aim for? cos that was the most confusing part of it for me. As you can see in the time finder it said that the frame I wanted was 91 but when I copy and pasted that seed into the main window it said 86? with frame 91 being non-shiny.

Alright so even though I won't be able to use that seed for Ho-Oh when I do use it what frame should I aim for? cos that was the most confusing part of it for me. As you can see in the time finder it said that the frame I wanted was 91 but when I copy and pasted that seed into the main window it said 86? with frame 91 being non-shiny.
If you plan on using a synchronizer, then use frame 91. If you don't have a sync, use the other frame. If you're ever in doubt of which frame to hit, I'd try both of them.

I'm not sure why the spreads are showing up as non-shiny when the yielded PID is the same though, those two PIDs should always be shiny for you, from what I understand.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
It's not confusing haha, because I know what initial frames are. I just don't know what initial frames for gen 3 legendaries are.
All the frames start at 0, legendary or otherwise. Because there is a delay for the legendaries between when you hit A and when the PID is fixed, is it as if the legendaries are starting on those frames (i.e. you'll never get a regi below frame 56).

All the frames start at 0, legendary or otherwise. Because there is a delay for the legendaries between when you hit A and when the PID is fixed, is it as if the legendaries are starting on those frames (i.e. you'll never get a regi below frame 56).
I see, thanks for the help! Trying out RNGing my TID/SID now. If any problems I'll ask you haha.

Alright, question: If shiny pokemon are guaranteed to be found on the exact frame my ID is generated on, do I have to take the initial legendary frames into account when generating my ID? More specifically, I want to catch a shiny, modest kyogre, using the spreads listed in the guide. http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/rs_nonbredrng

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I see, thanks for the help! Trying out RNGing my TID/SID now. If any problems I'll ask you haha.

Alright, question: If shiny pokemon are guaranteed to be found on the exact frame my ID is generated on, do I have to take the initial legendary frames into account when generating my ID? More specifically, I want to catch a shiny, modest kyogre, using the spreads listed in the guide. http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/rs_nonbredrng
haha you're welcome. Fire away.

In general, you would. So, like I said before with the regis, you shouldn't rng your ID's so that frame 30 is shiny because the regis "start" at 56. But if you use the spreads in the table, no, you would still rng your ID's so that the frame you want is shiny (ignoring the starting frames for now). So, if you want that modest one in the table, you would aim for your ID's on frame 67879 (a TID of 47990), since as I posted a few pages back, the frame before the one with your id's (according to the guide) will be shiny.

It should be, considering people have done it before. The method used may differ though. I assume the people that did it used an Eon Timer and all that, whereas I RAM Hacked it on an emulator with some help (but soon afterwards RAM hacking was considered illegal).

Keep in mind the only people that I know have abused IDs/sID in Emerald have never revealed how they did it. They were pretty reclusive about it. The only method I know is by forcing it (RAM Hacking)

It should be possible unless the people that did it before me RAM Hacked as well, which I doubt. I don't how to abuse "legitimately" on Emerald however.

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Keep in mind the only people that I know have abused IDs/sID in Emerald have never revealed how they did it. They were pretty reclusive about it. The only method I know is by forcing it (RAM Hacking)
For what it's worth, I'm researching that sometime this year. YOLO 2014.

^The only problem is that apparently no one has released a working algorithm to apply on this rng, on rngreporter for example.
The SIDRNG itself is tied to the frame as regularly as standard pokemon IVs, each frame yielding one and only one (you can prove this easily on VBA with save states,)
But the most widespread 16bithigh/1 theory didn't really match the results when I tested it.
The first 3 frames of my save state produced 61248 24644 and 14911, only to be found nowhere in the 16bithigh table.

is it possible to rng buse the TID/SID in pokemon emerald?
I've tried it using Eon timer by hitting 'A' at the 3600th frame at the sentence, "Come see me in my pokemon lab". But every single time I had a different TID. My knowledge of RNG's technical aspects is very limited so perhaps I'm just doing something very obviously wrong in the eyes of someone who is more experienced. Does emerald's frames even run at the same rate as ruby/sapphire?

haha you're welcome. Fire away.

In general, you would. So, like I said before with the regis, you shouldn't rng your ID's so that frame 30 is shiny because the regis "start" at 56. But if you use the spreads in the table, no, you would still rng your ID's so that the frame you want is shiny (ignoring the starting frames for now). So, if you want that modest one in the table, you would aim for your ID's on frame 67879 (a TID of 47990), since as I posted a few pages back, the frame before the one with your id's (according to the guide) will be shiny.
Hm, wait just a second, I thought the guide said that the values for [PID high] and [PID low] are equivalent to [TID] and [SID], respectively. I read the posts on page 1585 regarding this and I don't quite understand why it works that way. (sorry, I'm the kind of person who can't get something to work unless I know the reason behind it.)

Also, I'm having a problem with my sapphire cartridge. Every 12 hours or so, when I boot it up it gives me the "internal battery is dry" message. But when I reset it, (both soft and hard reset) it no longer displays the message and the clock in-game runs as per normal. The message only displays again when I leave the cartridge aside for at least another 12 hours. Is my sapphire actually out of battery?

^The only problem is that apparently no one has released a working algorithm to apply on this rng, on rngreporter for example.
The SIDRNG itself is tied to the frame as regularly as standard pokemon IVs, each frame yielding one and only one (you can prove this easily on VBA with save states,)
But the most widespread 16bithigh/1 theory didn't really match the results when I tested it.
The first 3 frames of my save state produced 61248 24644 and 14911, only to be found nowhere in the 16bithigh table.
maybe you got the seed pasted wrong. There should be a consistent match. And iirc, the SID is generated the moment you press A on the last dialogue of the prof, when your character shrinks.

maybe you got the seed pasted wrong. There should be a consistent match. And iirc, the SID is generated the moment you press A on the last dialogue of the prof, when your character shrinks.
Isnt the seed always 0?
Tried with another rom and got 57037 the first time. gl finding that in ya 16bithigh/1+0.

lolimstupid. sry
So is there a function i can use to find the seed from several consecutive sids?
go to your emulator's memory viewer. input 02020000 on the space on the upper right corner. Hit go, start a game, and check what the seed is in the upper left hand corner (there are several digits there) you will notice the first column after the ( | ) change to a 4 digit seed(hex)

go to your emulator's memory viewer. input 02020000 on the space on the upper right corner. Hit go, start a game, and check what the seed is in the upper left hand corner (there are several digits there) you will notice the first column after the ( | ) change to a 4 digit seed(hex)
thx. do you also happen to know the address of the seed of frlg?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Hm, wait just a second, I thought the guide said that the values for [PID high] and [PID low] are equivalent to [TID] and [SID], respectively. I read the posts on page 1585 regarding this and I don't quite understand why it works that way. (sorry, I'm the kind of person who can't get something to work unless I know the reason behind it.)

Also, I'm having a problem with my sapphire cartridge. Every 12 hours or so, when I boot it up it gives me the "internal battery is dry" message. But when I reset it, (both soft and hard reset) it no longer displays the message and the clock in-game runs as per normal. The message only displays again when I leave the cartridge aside for at least another 12 hours. Is my sapphire actually out of battery?
In terms of why it is that way, that's just the way the game generates the PID (and I can't really say much beyond that as I don't know the technical aspects). Sorry, I know that's a lame answer haha. As to why it makes it shiny, take the PID of the frame you want shiny (in this case 67878) and split it up as below:

[PID high ]
[PID low ]
[TID ]
[SID ]

The first and third rows will be the same, as will the second and fourth (as you said). Right now it should be four rows of 4 hex digits. Convert the hex to binary, and only look at the first 13 digits. Sum each of the columns, and if the sums all come out to be an even number (0,2, or 4), the Pokemon will be shiny. If you do that, you'll see that if the [PID high] and the TID, and the [PID low] and the SID are the same, it works out to be shiny. There's a guide that describes all of this, and I'll post a link if I can find it again. It may have been lost in the transition though.

Edit: found it (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation). Section 5.1

Seems like your battery is on the verge of being dead. It has to be dead for all of this to work (meaning you should get the message every time), as I'm not sure if having a working battery is integrated into the reporter yet (don't think it is since everywhere in the reporter says "this feature won't work if you don't get that error"). If it isn't dead, then I don't think your seed will always be 5A0, and I'm not really sure what you would do in that case. When you do get that message though, I think you will still get meaningful results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)